Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 acturage

Is there any students with a room for definited yet?

I'm 301 on the waitlist place for Final Yr Ug and postgraduates.I'm guessing my chances are slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BrendanDwyer

Going into first year this year! Male! Need accomodation as i doubt Ill get on campus! Anyone have a spare room give me a message!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmetd7

Going into 1st year, 18, male, anyone wanna share or need someone to share with pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Does anyone know if you have to fill out the usis details thing before you can get accomodation? It's just they ask you on the form where you are staying so how can you say before they have assigned on campus:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

SIS registration is separate to the accommodation. Leave it blank for now if it will let you. You can amend it later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jt3

well I rang them up and asked if I had any chance of getting campus when I was 1375 on the list and they said no. so now I'm looking to see if any1 wants to share a house r something or id any1 has a spare room.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

Jt3 wrote: »
    well I rang them up and asked if I had any chance of getting campus when I was 1375 on the list and they said no. so now I'm looking to see if any1 wants to share a house r something or id any1 has a spare room.?

WHAT ? But it's written everywhere (ucd website, SU website, forums...) that if you're under 3000 you're safe :/
    well...anyone want to share a house/apartment/has a spare room ? Female, first year, please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

DreamByDay wrote: »
    WHAT ? But it's written everywhere (ucd website, SU website, forums...) that if you're under 3000 you're safe :/
    well...anyone want to share a house/apartment/has a spare room ? Female, first year, please ?

Stay positive ! I'm about 1800 and still think I'll get it ;) Why ? Because of the 4 other people I know who applied for this 3 are not going to be going to UCD and they all had really low numbers! Theyll be loads in that same situation and other people who have to pull out for other reasons ! Good luck in September :D

haro124 wrote: »
    Stay positive ! I'm about 1800 and still think I'll get it ;) Why ? Because of the 4 other people I know who applied for this 3 are not going to be going to UCD and they all had really low numbers! Theyll be loads in that same situation and other people who have to pull out for other reasons ! Good luck in September :D

Aw thanks, I am really starting to panic because I have absolutely no clue about what to do if I don't get in (have you applied for other accomodations ?).
    I was pretty confident before, with the 'under 3000 = safe' that everyone/ucd website seemed to imply - but someone on this very thread :eek: said they called accomodations office telling them their number on the w.list was ~1350 and asking if they were likely to get a room, AND THEY RESPONDED NO.
    And now I'm freaking panicking again :p
    Anyway, IF offers are issued to people around my number (2296) when do you think it is going to happen, if you have any clue ? pretty please ? :p

DreamByDay wrote: »
    Aw thanks, I am really starting to panic because I have absolutely no clue about what to do if I don't get in (have you applied for other accomodations ?).
    I was pretty confident before, with the 'under 3000 = safe' that everyone/ucd website seemed to imply - but someone on this very thread :eek: said they called accomodations office telling them their number on the w.list was ~1350 and asking if they were likely to get a room, AND THEY RESPONDED NO.
    And now I'm freaking panicking again :p
    Anyway, IF offers are issued to people around my number (2296) when do you think it is going to happen, if you have any clue ? pretty please ? :p

I know I was getting worried too ! Well...... I don't know how many people will be offered places Friday so maybe Monday fingers crossed !

• Advertisement

I know I was getting worried too ! Well...... I don't know how many people will be offered places Friday so maybe Monday fingers crossed !

i guess if for exemple there are 700 rooms they send an email to 700 people at 4.00pm friday. then if the day after at 4.00pm only 50 people payed the deposit they offer the 650 rooms left to the 650 next people on the waiting list, etc...so it can take quite a bit of time until we get our offers :/
    fingers crossed indeed !!!

Yes but of the first 700 on the list, how many actually got offered a place in Ucd ? So lets say 250 off the don't, then youre at 950 and then how many don't pay ?

Yes but of the first 700 on the list, how many actually got offered a place in Ucd ? So lets say 250 off the don't, then youre at 950 and then how many don't pay ?

God, you're actually giving me hope :p

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Does anyone know what the story with the Ad Astra Academy Scholarships regarding on campus accommodation? It says on the letter that students who receive this will be given priority to on-campus?

RedTexan wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story with the Ad Astra Academy Scholarships regarding on campus accommodation? It says on the letter that students who receive this will be given priority to on-campus?

Have you tried emailing the accomodation office ? They usually respond within a few hours during working hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4 acturage

Postgrads accomadation was back in june. :o

Only accepted by the end of july, mid august by the time I had a account online

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BrendanDwyer

If anyone has a spare room they need filling I'm your man! Going into first year and doubt I'll get on campus! PM me if you can help!

anyone need another person to share with im available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnnaMcA

I have found a house near UCD. Problem is, I wont be able to afford the rent on my own. If anybody is interested in house sharing with a first year Arts student, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.:)

-Anna-Maria

AnnaMcA wrote: »
    I have found a house near UCD. Problem is, I wont be able to afford the rent on my own. If anybody is interested in house sharing with a first year Arts student, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.:)

-Anna-Maria

Hi, I hope to get on-campus accomodation but am not so sure I'll get a room - which means I might have to find a room off-campus...
    Do you have more info about rent - how muuuch :p / wether the house will be furnished with beds tables etc ?
    :)

(also a first year arts student ^^)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 highcream

Anybody know some nice 2 bedroom places in ballsbridge or donnybrook that will take 2 students.Getting very difficult to see anything coming up.
    Thanks

AnnaMcA wrote: »

-Anna-Maria

how many roomates do ya need? whats rent like?

Was just thinkin, if they start offerin accommodation places tomorrow what way does it work for people that havent accepted their cao offer or who are waiting on 2nd round offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lechar

Is it actually true that people under 3000 have a good chance? I'm nearly under 2000 but am so worried about getting a place!! At what time do they start giving places at tomorrow?

lechar wrote: »
    Is it actually true that people under 3000 have a good chance? I'm nearly under 2000 but am so worried about getting a place!! At what time do they start giving places at tomorrow?

Places will be offered from 16.00 I hear.

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/apply/cao/

'As the ranking system is open to all CAO students it is our experience that even students with a ranking of over 3,000 on the list can get an offer of accommodation.'

http://www.ucdsu.ie/site/view/1068/

'REMEMBER: Offers are sent out daily so do keep checking regardless of the number you are on the waitlist - some people fail to get their points or get offered a different college so the waitlist numbers usually get up to the 3000 of those who get an offer.'

That's what gave me hope (2294, wheepee -.-).
    ON THE OTHER SIDE, every time a student calls the office to ask wether their number on the waiting list gives them a good chance to get in they answer no :/ sooo maybe they just don't want people to rely on the list too much, I don't know...

Was just thinkin, if they start offerin accommodation places tomorrow what way does it work for people that havent accepted their cao offer or who are waiting on 2nd round offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lechar

Thanks for replying.

I'd say if you havent ac accepted your course then they wont offer you a place for accomodation. I honestly dont know but that might be how they work it out?
    What number are you guys on the waiting list?

2294, and I'm slowly dying, only an offer of accomodation could make me live again :'(

you?

• Advertisement

im 2417 :( if they havent accepted then maybe we could get offers sooner?

Advertisement