Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

I put myself on the waiting list in May but I don't remember where I am. Is there a way I can check what number I am?

Yep - I found a way to check your number : on the ucd website you go to accomodation and then click on cao students - register on waitinglist or whatever. They ask you a username (CAO number) and password (DOB ddmmyy) and recognize you, then there is a window and it says something like 'yeah we recognize you, you already registered, and you're number xxxx on the list :)

Neeson wrote: »
    I think it says on the SIS website under student services/accommodation.

Do you know when/how we get our SIS student numbers / PIN, as first years ? Because I think we need them to book a room should we get an offer :/

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Does anyone know if UCD reserve any of the on campus accommodation for people getting second round offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

DreamByDay wrote: »
    Do you know when/how we get our SIS student numbers / PIN, as first years ? Because I think we need them to book a room should we get an offer :/

Your SIS web username is your cao number. Your password will be your date of birth until you change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

http://ucdlife.ucd.ie/

3rd paragraph down, hopefully that relieves some people who are number 3000 on the list

• Advertisement

Maldesu wrote: »
    Your SIS web username is your cao number. Your password will be your date of birth until you change it.

Thank you :)

Anyone knows what that means ?

'Students who are not successful in the first allocation will be offered rooms as they become
    available on the waitlist'

Does that mean that if you are on the waiting list you don't get any accommodation offer two days after CAO acceptance ? When do you guys think we are going to get offers then ? I mean the course starts in two weeks... :s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

If you don't get offered the first day you might get one a few days later. Was this not emailed to you?

Nope, I accepted my CAO offer and that's all, didn't receive any mail/letter whatsoever :/

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/apply/cao/

"Should you receive an offer of a place in UCD from the CAO (1st round offers expected 20th August 2012) you should accept this as soon as possible. The CAO will notify UCD of your acceptance and two days after you have accepted your offer UCD will email your UCD Connect email (cc'd also to your personal email) to offer you a room dependent on your place on the waiting list, i.e if you accept your offer before 17.00 on 22nd August 2012 dependent on your place on the waiting list you will be offered a room from 16.00 onwards on 24th August 2012".

So the offers are on Wed I think.

• Advertisement

thanks :) I'll keep frantically refreshing my mailbox tomorrow afternoon and will see what happens next =)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Paula95

Does anybody know of any other accomodation off campus available? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Paula95

im going into first year in ucd and i still havent found accomodation, can anyone help? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RoisinFinn11

I've been told that Glenomena is usually taken up by 3rd and 4th year students, and that incoming 1st years should go to Merville. Is this true? Booking tomorrow so please reply!

Thanks!

I've been told that Glenomena is usually taken up by 3rd and 4th year students, and that incoming 1st years should go to Merville. Is this true? Booking tomorrow so please reply!

Thanks!

No lived with 5 first years last year! It's nonsense. It's random allocation. Don't book on those rumours. Book on what you want. Your own toilet, room etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

do they send you an email to your personal email or sis email account?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 drbtrenier

Hi guys, just wondering if there's anyone on here that is getting an Ad Astra scholarship (1st year)? It's kinda confused me because it seems as if i might get a place on-campus but I'm not sure. Without it I'm like number 3200 or something... I don't know whether to go looking for off-campus now or wait to see what the story is!

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    do they send you an email to your personal email or sis email account?

Your ucdconnect email.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Your ucdconnect email.

Can you access that without registration seen as first years cant register until thursday?

Try ucdconnect::

Put your cao number in as your username.
    Put your date of birth in as password.
    (10september1993 =100993)

• Advertisement

it worked :D
    thanks!

DreamByDay wrote: »
    it worked :D
    thanks!

You get your email and all on there. Also blackboard. Any notes and assignment details are put up there throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Do you pay rent on campus or is it lump sums?

Lump sums. 3 installments throughout the year.

oh I see, so this will be my email adress while at university - I think I'll try and find a way to automatically transfer my incoming mails from this mailbox on my personal mailbox in case someday I forget to check it - though there's no chance for that to happen while waiting for an accommodation offer on this mailbox :D
    thanks again for helping me several times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Where are all of you boardsies hoping to stay? Which campus and why? I am still unsure which to pick if I get a choice. I also don't know if I should get a room of my own or not. Is it worth the extra money?

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Where are all of you boardsies hoping to stay? Which campus and why? I am still unsure which to pick if I get a choice. I also don't know if I should get a room of my own or not. Is it worth the extra money?

I think belgrove is the only one with sharing rooms in it. The rest have single rooms. You might want to pay extra for your own toilet! Who going to want to use a toilet which has to be shared between 2/3 when someone ends up throwing up all over it. And then someone has to clean it! Who? The person who did the damage?

You can't depend on that!

I think belgrove is the only one with sharing rooms in it. The rest have single rooms. You might want to pay extra for your own toilet! Who going to want to use a toilet which has to be shared between 2/3 when someone ends up throwing up all over it. And then someone has to clean it! Who? The person who did the damage?

You can't depend on that!
    That is very true but money on my end is tight and accommodation is expensive enough as it is! I think I have narrowed it down to either Belgrove or Merville...Which do you think?

Merville. Belgrove's a dump.

One side of Merville has tiny kitchens though. Really narrow. Not sure what number range they're in. Shared toilet/shower too I believe.

But Belgrove is just an auld bomb shelter. Depressing.

• Advertisement

Merville. Belgrove's a dump.

One side of Merville has tiny kitchens though. Really narrow. Not sure what number range they're in. Shared toilet/shower too I believe.

But Belgrove is just an auld bomb shelter. Depressing.
    Thanks for the advice. Merville it is.

Advertisement