Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

emmetd7 wrote: »
    im 2417 :( if they havent accepted then maybe we could get offers sooner?

Yeah I hope...this situation is really stressful !!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RoisinFinn11

Has anyone received their place yet???

I'm number 802 on the list so think i'm safe, but haven't heard anything! Tried calling the contact number for ucd accommodation a few times but it rang out each time :(

Has anyone received their place yet???

I'm number 802 on the list so think i'm safe, but haven't heard anything! Tried calling the contact number for ucd accommodation a few times but it rang out each time :(

Wow lucky :)
    Offers start friday (tomorrow) at 4.00pm :)
    and then each day the remaining places (offered to people who didn't answer or declined) are offered to the next people on the waiting list.
    So I think you should be given an offer tomorrow, or the day after I guess !

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lechar

ahaha dont give up hope yet..what course are you doing? I'm 2008

What course are you all doing ? I'm 2294 and studying Political science & International relations / History !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

Got in touch with the office today, and the guy was really nice (although stressed :-/) and he said I'd a very good chance, and I'm like 1,500 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 moo2011

Hi im looking for incoming 1st years to share a house with? or if anyone has a spare room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Got in touch with the office today, and the guy was really nice (although stressed :-/) and he said I'd a very good chance, and I'm like 1,500 ish.
    So if we don't get a place today will we have to wait till Monday for a second round Cosby doubt they work Saturday's !?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 moo2011

really stressing out im up in the 3000's so have no hope. anyone looking for acc and would like to share? mollie , 18 , studying french and music incoming 1st year .

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Should I be expecting an email at 4 sharp or am I going to be twiddling my thumbs for another hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

fkt wrote: »
    Should I be expecting an email at 4 sharp or am I going to be twiddling my thumbs for another hour?

Well 4 pm sharp has come and gone but lets not give up hope yet

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Look in your sis junk folder. They're there now

majo wrote: »
    Look in your sis junk folder. They're there now

Where is this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I got an email :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭III

guys where did you get your offer? In your UCD connect email? Spam folder maybe? I'm a low number but I'm getting nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

In your personal email, or log onto sisweb and its ready.

hmmm... would I be right to say that 777 places are offered today to the first 777 applicants, and the residual rooms left over after 24 hours (ie people not paying, not responding) are offered to the next 777 applicants? If so I'll be tomorrow seeing as I'm 801

If I didnt receive one does it simply mean I haven't been offered a place?

and you can see the rooms going live! its been 20 minutes and there are 628 rooms left, and dropping by the second... LORD HAVE MERCY!!

edit: In the time it took me to post that a further 25 rooms were taken... lets all cross our fingers and hope its the fastidious "up at midnight to book" students getting out of the way early.. oh please let it be so

edit: ok, the rooms are stabilizing at 590... looks like my prediction came true! hallelujah, but there's still 23 hours 30 minutes to go! fyvdasjvref

edit: it's currently 4:31 and roughly 25% of all rooms have been booked! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this isn't looking good...

edit: 38 minutes into D-Day.. *cough* *splutter*... only 501 rooms left... *gurgle*... help me...

My number on the waiting list has been decreasing by the minute since this morning - 10 minutes ago I was like 1020 and now I'm under 770...does that mean I will be offered a place today ? I didn't receive any email...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

III wrote: »
    and you can see the rooms going live! its been 20 minutes and there are 628 rooms left, and dropping by the second... LORD HAVE MERCY!!

edit: In the time it took me to post that a further 25 rooms were taken... lets all cross our fingers and hope its the fastidious "up at midnight to book" students getting out of the way early.. oh please let it be so

Where can you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Sorry. It's the junk folder of your normal email that they seem to be coming through on.

Well that's one less thing to worry about. Merville booked :)

log into SIS web and go to student services -> complete your booking, you see it there

III wrote: »
    log into SIS web and go to student services -> complete your booking, you see it there

I think it's your number on the waiting list that you see, not the number of available rooms :confused::confused:

And if our waiting list numbers are decreasing...thank God :P:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KarenR111

House 19 Merville anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Merville house 9 :)

DreamByDay wrote: »
    I think it's your number on the waiting list that you see, not the number of available rooms :confused::confused:

And if our waiting list numbers are decreasing...thank God :P:P:D

You should be lamenting... if your position in the waitlist is decreasing, that can only mean one thing; the people ahead of you were removed from the waitlist. I went from 801 to 523 currently, meaning roughly 300 people were offered a place on campus! bear in mind 1000 people who didn't accept UCD offers were removed last night, so every one of those 300 people accepted a UCD course, and therefore, accepted a campus spot! Sometimes you'll see the waitlist go up by 1 or 2, that means the person offered the spot rejected it or something along those lines, but as you can see, they are rare!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Right, I didnt get an email but logged into SIS and go to Student Services - UCD Residences - Complete your booking and if you have been offered a place it will say place offered if you have been offered one :)

• Advertisement

I definetly won't receieve an offer until tomorrow(or is it Monday?) if at all, right?

Advertisement