Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Elbow wrote: »
    Might order one next payday and find out :p

On a completely different topic, I just had my first 5v vape and i'm very very impressed, I now see why the more seasoned vapers are always raving about VV mods! :D

As someone said to me when I started you can't beat that first high voltage vape!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Hi, can I ask, what is the difference? I've been using eGo-T & C tank systems. Just got an ego vision which is great; can see myself not bothering with the tank systems again. I did just buy some LV ego-c attys which I have not yet tried. My only other experience of a "warmer" vape has been a DC cartomizer.
    How do you think a VV vaping experience would compare to this? Would it be worth giving a VV ego battery a shot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

LR kinda mimics the effect of VV on a standard res carto

they drain the batteries a lot faster though, so using a standard res carto/attie on a vv device to get say.. 8 watts power when you vape will drain your battery significantly slower than a low res atty on a regular battery that's also getting 8 watts

means less time between charges plus you might find one juice works better at 4.2 volts, another works better at 3.7 etc etc so its nice to have the option

one thing though from what i've heard the ego visions aren't exactly great for variable volt vaping.. they seem to have a very narrow range they'll operate in.. go too high and you'll get burnt taste and from what i hear it doesn't take much of a jump in voltage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Hi, can I ask, what is the difference? I've been using eGo-T & C tank systems. Just got an ego vision which is great; can see myself not bothering with the tank systems again. I did just buy some LV ego-c attys which I have not yet tried. My only other experience of a "warmer" vape has been a DC cartomizer.
    How do you think a VV vaping experience would compare to this? Would it be worth giving a VV ego battery a shot?

I've only had a few hours experience with a vv mod but higher voltage's definitely result in a far more pleasant vape. Its warmer and flavor seems more pronounced (maybe i'm imagining this :confused:)

I also have one of the vv ego batteries (ego c twist) and while its better than a standard ego it aint a patch on vaping at 5.2v :D

Great thanks. What would either of you recommend by way of VV mods. My preference would be for something not too bulky but decent bat life.
    Also might try other clearomisers once the vision packs in

• Advertisement

if you want not bulky the ego twist is probably the way

they're tall enough, the 900mah is 11cm.. think the 650-mah is 2cm smaller or so but they're the same ovberall width/shape of regular ego batteries.. just taller

they go from 3.2-4.8v so they dont have the same range as a lavatube or a smoktech vmax, but for a nice entry into variable vaping and something that isn't too bulky.. they're good

uses the standard ego charger too

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/33-joye-ego-c-twist-vv-battery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

i saw something very similar on liberty flights for 12 pounds sterling last week

definitely something to consider alright, if only just to have stored away for emergencies

Thanks folks. I'll give the LV attys a shot first and maybe then look at a VV setup. Would be interested to know how that passthrough ego lookalike goes for you Bubba9.

Edit:
    Good range of settings on that VV passthrough on liberty flights

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=98

Saw that too. It's more flexible, too...goes to 4.8 but I think it's 650

• Advertisement

Thanks folks. I'll give the LV attys a shot first and maybe then look at a VV setup. Would be interested to know how that passthrough ego lookalike goes for you Bubba9.

Will report back how it goes but could be a while...is on the slow boat shipping from China.

Edit:
    Good range of settings on that VV passthrough on liberty flights

Yeah, but if it's 650 and you use the 4.8 setting the battery won't last very long before it needs to be charged. 900 would last longer but that's the downside of the ego type vv's. With a Lavatube, Provari, Vmax, etc. that use big lithium batteries you can get a much longer time between charges...but, they're more expensive

isnt the one on liberty flights a passthrough only?
    doesnt work if its not plugged in

isnt the one on liberty flights a passthrough only?
    doesnt work if its not plugged in

Not sure. The HC one is standard voltage in passthrough mode but vv when not so I'd say the LF would be similar. Didn't know you get vv on passthrough.

Had a look on LF...not very clear how it works so you may be right.

Now that the hangover has almost disappeared, I taught I'd share a few vaping related stories from last night

The Good:
    For the first time in 10 years I managed a night on the beer without touching a cigarette, Was surrounded by people smoking all night and I didn't have as much as a craving for one!

One of herself's friends that was out with us knew nothing about vaping before last night, helped her order a few ego batteries, some boge cartos & 30 ml of juice this morning before she left :D

I have far worse hangovers when I smoke!

The Bad:
    Had a minor disagreement with a bouncer in the night club, Music had stopped and lights were on, I was sat down with herself finishing a drink & stealth vaping, bouncer came over to tell us get out, I started quizzing him about vaping inside and was told it was a no no because they looked like fags, showed him what I was using and that there was no vapour when i stealth vaped, apparently it was irrelevant. I presume he didnt like the smell of the juice I was using then because He then ****ed the head off me blowing smoke at him when I stealth vaped :confused:

The Ugly:
    Was talking to a bouncer earlier in the night who spent 10 minutes explaining to me why e-cigs are sh1t and the biggest waste of money ever! Turns out he bought a disposable one and it didnt work for him, wouldn't even try my ego/LR carto setup because "it was crap". Just as we were leaving I was told I looked ridiculous sucking on that thing all night & to "cop the fu*k on and buy a box of fags" (yes he his a complete and utter prick)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,744 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Elbow wrote: »

The Ugly:
    Was talking to a bouncer earlier in the night who spent 10 minutes explaining to me why e-cigs are sh1t and the biggest waste of money ever! Turns out he bought a disposable one and it didnt work for him, wouldn't even try my ego/LR carto setup because "it was crap". Just as we were leaving I was told I looked ridiculous sucking on that thing all night & to "cop the fu*k on and buy a box of fags" (yes he his a complete and utter prick)
    Bouncers aren't generally known for intellectual ability.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Bouncers aren't generally known for intellectual ability.

Or people skills, but in fairness none of us are at 2 in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So i have the ego-t and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these?

how well do they work and are they any better than the reusable/disposable plastic carts?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Those little plastic clearomizers are terrible, they fall apart, and if you do get one that doesn't fall apart, they hit terribly

What you'd be looking for would be a metal cartomizer....the best shop sell them, of a ego Vision clearomizer, a much better experience! :)

eeloe wrote: »
    Those little plastic clearomizers are terrible, they fall apart, and if you do get one that doesn't fall apart, they hit terribly

What you'd be looking for would be a metal cartomizer....the best shop sell them, of a ego Vision clearomizer, a much better experience! :)

had a quick glance at them, they look like they replace the whole ecig above the battery?

• Advertisement

they screw into the battery, if that's what you mean

they dont need a tank like the ego-t (ego-tank) does as it's all internal. the cartomisers have the heating coil inside with polyfill or whatever to soak up the juice and feed to the coil and the vision clearomisers just store the juice in the body while the wicks feed it up to the coil at the top.

Excellent, Thanks guys!!

i'll be picking them up and some new juice's over the weekend :)

Just a quick heads up if it hasnt already been mentioned.

I was smoking over the weekend and left the ecig at home, started it up again this morning and put a new plastic cartridge in with one of those silicon caps on it. i was vaping away and then nothing, checked the battery but it was charged and was heating the coil. took out the cartridge and pressed the button only to see the atomiser going red hot, no sound out of it. i then checked the cartridge and found that the silicon cap had not been pierced by the atomiser so it was running very very dry.

Dont know if it was just this particular cap on the cartridge or if this happens from time to time with them but i said i'd post this anyway just in case.

Just a quick heads up if it hasnt already been mentioned.

I was smoking over the weekend and left the ecig at home, started it up again this morning and put a new plastic cartridge in with one of those silicon caps on it. i was vaping away and then nothing, checked the battery but it was charged and was heating the coil. took out the cartridge and pressed the button only to see the atomiser going red hot, no sound out of it. i then checked the cartridge and found that the silicon cap had not been pierced by the atomiser so it was running very very dry.

Dont know if it was just this particular cap on the cartridge or if this happens from time to time with them but i said i'd post this anyway just in case.

Sound like you blew the atomiser. They are consumable products so they do die but they will go faster if you try vape them while they are dry which I suspect is what happened to you.

Next time you use one drop a couple of drops of juice straight from the bottle down into the atty head before putting on the tank. Also a good idea to stick a nail or something pointy through the silicone cap to make sure there's a proper hole in it before you push it down on the spike.

newmark wrote: »
    Sound like you blew the atomiser. They are consumable products so they do die but they will go faster if you try vape them while they are dry which I suspect is what happened to you.

Next time you use one drop a couple of drops of juice straight from the bottle down into the atty head before putting on the tank. Also a good idea to stick a nail or something pointy through the silicone cap to make sure there's a proper hole in it before you push it down on the spike.

I suspected as much and thankfully had a new one with me so its not all bad. i reckon in the future i'm going to pierce it with the spike first and then assemble the thing so i know for a fact that its open and the liquid is going through. and i hopefully will arrive home to a cartomiser later on this evening and will not have to use the plastic cartridges again :)

I suspected as much and thankfully had a new one with me so its not all bad. i reckon in the future i'm going to pierce it with the spike first and then assemble the thing so i know for a fact that its open and the liquid is going through. and i hopefully will arrive home to a cartomiser later on this evening and will not have to use the plastic cartridges again :)

At least you weren't caught out with no supplies. The golden rule in vaping is always have a backup and a backup of a backup around as if you decided you wanted to stay totally off cigarettes you would be less tempted to take the easy option and buy fags once you have your backups :)

Just be aware as well to let the cartomiser soak the juice in the juice well too and keep it moist as they will blow if there too dry as well :)

just picked up the vinyl graphics for my pcc and didn't I give the printers the wrong version of the file! It's 10% bigger than it should be

IMAG0026.jpg

rightly pissed off with myself

That would have been so cool, no way to trim enough or add a card inner sleeve?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Needed to pick up some batteries quick sharp yesterday, had a bit of an accident with a mod and one of my AW 18650's swelled and went all nasty and stuff...

Saw Bargain Vapour had AW's in stock, so i picked up some 18650's and a couple of 18350's while i was at it, great to see an irish vendor selling such batteries :)

they all had a "volume discount" so the more ya buy, the cheaper they were, arrived this morning, packaged perfectly, it took me about 10 minutes to get the batteries out of the envelope they were packaged so well.

Top marks for a good vendor, will definately be using BV again!

• Advertisement

Another +1 for BV.
    Got a bad Battery (took 12 hrs to charge and ran down in 2) sent it back on Wednesday, got a replacement today.
    Top class service.

Advertisement