Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Anyone eaten in that new place near the park? Where NYBC was?
    Saw it the other day as i was passing, i think it was called four seasons?
    Cant seem to find any info online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

^^^^^^^
    I went there about a month ago to try their pork hock with sourkraut and it was revolting,the hock was not slow cooked so it was chewy with no flavour.Will not be back there again.Complete waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

:( Doesn't sound too good! Do you know if they have a menu online?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Just back from JVs there. Il defnitly be going back.... Food was excellent..... Service first class.... For €20 it was value for money.... I got the soup.... Steak and the choc brownie..... Will be going back :)

Just been to JV's on Friday night place had lovely food,probably best ive had in awhile ib Waterford anf very cheap for what you get. They have added €5 supplement to steak but well worth it. The 3 course meal for two of us came to €62 which including 4 drinks. Definately recommend, and if going def order deep fried ice cream, Unbelievable!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

JV's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

kryogen wrote: »
    JV's?

The new restautant in the forum. Well worth a visit.

Any other restaurants people would recommend??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

Booked there for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Very happy with the Sunday lunch in Little India on Parnell street

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Antichi Sapori, on high st, used to be La Tavernia. Taking over by a guy who worked in Harliquin. Been in there twice in the last two weeks. its the best Italian food iv ever had. Prices are really good.

He told me they are doing a lunch time special, and pizza or pasta with a coffee for 9.90. thats pretty good.
    It gets 10/10 from me anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Antichi Sapori, on high st, used to be La Tavernia. Taking over by a guy who worked in Harliquin. Been in there twice in the last two weeks. its the best Italian food iv ever had. Prices are really good.

He told me they are doing a lunch time special, and pizza or pasta with a coffee for 9.90. thats pretty good.
    It gets 10/10 from me anyhow.
    Good to hear. I had been in La Taverna once, and said i'd never go back in again. (Reason:Thought the food was only alright, and the staff were rude and very slow) I'll give the new place a go anyways.

• Advertisement

Alejandro or Simone?

Cause Alejandro was already involved in La Taverna, just stayed in the background while Christian was the face.

Simone + Alejandro = Harlequin
    Alejandro + Christian = La Taverna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Had the fillet steak in McLeary's last Friday, absolutely divine, best steak I've ever had. Mind you, we had a gift voucher, there is no way I could justify spending €27.00 on a steak, no matter how good it was.

Actually it was that good, so maybe I'll treat myself the next time a special occasion comes up!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Alejandro or Simone?

Cause Alejandro was already involved in La Taverna, just stayed in the background while Christian was the face.

Harelequin changed hands well over a year ago . Its now run by Roman and Andrea as for La taverna
    Alex is gone over a year , Christian sold up approx four months ago and afaik it is now by a husband and wife team with Gianpaolo ex Harlequin working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Jambo wrote: »
    Alejandro or Simone?

Harelequin changed hands well over a year ago . Its now run by Roman and Andrea as for La taverna
    Alex is gone over a year , Christian sold up approx four months ago and afaik it is now by a husband and wife team with Gianpaolo ex Harlequin working there.

Have they kept on the same kind of menu that was done before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

From the Forum website:

"All our menu is make up of local suppliers such as Billy Burkes Fish, O'Flynn's Beef, Kilmore Scallops and Crap, Goatsbridge Irish Trout and Dunphy's of Annestown to name a few."

Yum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

From the Forum website:

"All our menu is make up of local suppliers such as Billy Burkes Fish, O'Flynn's Beef, Kilmore Scallops and Crap, Goatsbridge Irish Trout and Dunphy's of Annestown to name a few."

Yum :P

I heard that restaurant is sh1t hot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Went to Caseys again tonight.
    Really can't fault the place. Love the atmosphere, service, food and price.
    Noms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

We tried Little India on Saturday (takeaway), on Parnell Street. Husband had the chicken jalfrezi, which he really enjoyed. I had the chicken fire eater. At last a curry in Waterford that is truely HOT. 2 mains with 2 rice & 2 garlic naan - €24.00, which is good value, compared to some of the other Indian takeaways. We will definitely go back there, and will try a sit down meal too, as the setting was nice and the staff very friendly.

I am partial to Eastenders for my Indian take awayand I have heard mixed reviews on Little India, if it is true they do a good hot curry though I guess I will just have to try it and find out for myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

if it is true they do a good hot curry though I guess I will just have to try it and find out for myself :)

I've tried every Vindaloo in Waterford, plus the chicken Phall in Planet Spice, but the Fire Eater in Little India is the hottest curry I've had. Enjoy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Just read in Waterford Today an add for Patrick's restaurant.

Three course meal + 5 drinks all for just €35 euros.

Surely that is too good to be true???

upstairs in the exchange.

south wrote: »
    upstairs in the exchange.

Yes, that's right. Have you ever been in there?

No its only opened. A chef from Coney island has taken it over. Don't think I'll be going anytime soon either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

south wrote: »
    No its only opened. A chef from Coney island has taken it over. Don't think I'll be going anytime soon either.

only opened? thats been running a good while now that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

anplaya wrote: »
    only opened? thats been running a good while now that deal.
    The offer was, but it was the Hairy Pig then. It's under new management now, but with a similar deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

gotcha,didnt cop the name change.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help. Meeting up with family in Waterford tomorrow and looking for somewhere nice to have dinner at night any ideas very welcome as I'm drawing a blank. Thanks

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Hi guys, looking for a bit of help. Meeting up with family in Waterford tomorrow and looking for somewhere nice to have dinner at night any ideas very welcome as I'm drawing a blank. Thanks

If you're into curry read this thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78289492

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Lads any place good for lunch outside the city centre with good parking etc... I tried upstairs in ardkeen and was impressed want go try someplace different now

Advertisement