Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

damn it, gone back up again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation at the moment but my strikers are feeding off scraps as my attacking midfielders keep taking all their chance themselves. Not sure if it's their fault or is it down to my striker not getting into the right positions. I'm averaging 20 shots a game but not getting the goals to go with the chances. What's the best tactic to get my striker more involved (poacher, etc)? I have Quintero, Necid, Traore, and Lukaku at my disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Play into box as a quick tactic thing, play through defence too

are you using either of these?

you could always man manage your midfield and make the shoot from distance option wayyyy down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Got the game yesterday, haven't really had much time to get into yet. Does anyone know if there are any kit packs for the League of Ireland. I can't seem to find any. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

How exactly does the Belgian second division work?

I've just been told that I have qualified for the play offs at least. I'm 19 points clear of 5th, but there are still 36 points to play for? I can still finish as low as 13th! How have I sealed a play off spot already?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I've just been told that I have qualified for the play offs at least. I'm 19 points clear of 5th, but there are still 36 points to play for? I can still finish as low as 13th! How have I sealed a play off spot already?

I dunno man is there a PL(or PO I can't remember) symbol beside your team on the league table?,all I see in the rules section pretty much adds up to what you've said

Promotion:Teams placed 2nd-4th may qualify for Promotion Playoff depending on winners of the three periods

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Second_Division

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Finally! :D

552684_10151949105950307_723673754_n.jpg

Had a crap start to the season but managed to pull it back. Didn't get into pole position until the 4th or 3rd last game of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Finally! :D

552684_10151949105950307_723673754_n.jpg

Had a crap start to the season but managed to pull it back. Didn't get into pole position until the 4th or 3rd last game of the season!

have i go this wrong or can you not still lose the league on GD? (33 games played??)

have i go this wrong or can you not still lose the league on GD? (33 games played??)

33 games in the season. +11 goal difference. Nope, I can't lose!

I meant to post this in the snapshot of your story thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

What season is that Mars Bar? Say it'd be a long time before Waterford, Dundalk, Limerick and Cork make up the top 4 in the table in real life!!

What season is that Mars Bar? Say it'd be a long time before Waterford, Dundalk, Limerick and Cork make up the top 4 in the table in real life!!

It's 2016 I think!

Limerick are always near the top for me. Cork not far behind. Bohs and Pats usually get relegated in the first few seasons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

It's 2016 I think!

Cool. Fair play on winning it!

Limerick are always near the top for me. Cork not far behind. Bohs and Pats usually get relegated in the first few seasons :pac:

Sligo seem to win the league most in my games. Well, the ones where I'm not in the LOI :D

And yeah, Pats always get relegated in it. :(

Sligo and Rovers do be up there too. Usually a four horse race that Rovers nearly always win.

Just looked at my manager stats and it says three promotions. I've only had two? I've had two play off appearances, but neither resulted in promotion. Where did the third one come from? Do Youth teams count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Just ordered this through Amazon, what have I done, is my life now over, should I have waited until the winter nights set in.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Just ordered this through Amazon, what have I done, is my life now over, should I have waited until the winter nights set in.

I've played 2012 more than any other version. So yeah, take one last look at that big hot thing in the sky because it'll be months before you even remember its up there :pac:

It tells my I've played my current game for 10 days.

I played one save for months on FM10.

I played one save for months on FM10.

My addictiveness level thing says "you went on holiday just to read these messages, didn't you?" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I've played 2012 more than any other version. So yeah, take one last look at that big hot thing in the sky because it'll be months before you even remember its up there :pac:

Thats what I was afraid of!!

• Advertisement

How many seasons are you in on that?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    How many seasons are you in on that?

5 or 6 now

Kool,interesting to see the different lenghts of time ppl take to cover a couple of seasons or a season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I've only had the game since last wednesday and I've played 29 hours :o.

Its so addictive.I'll play one more match...just one more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I give up... I'm in my 6th season with my 4th team, 27th overall :/ 1000+ hours again :o Have won everything there is at this stage bar the WC. Which I find quite odd as I've managed to win it in the past 3/4 FM games.

Can anyone suggest an international team for me to take to WC glory?

San Marino :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

San Marino :pac:

No way, no siree... I'm not doing that challenge again

Did that in FM11. After 12 years of going nowhere I uninstalled the game out of frustration :(

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I give up... I'm in my 6th season with my 4th team, 27th overall :/ 1000+ hours again :o Have won everything there is at this stage bar the WC. Which I find quite odd as I've managed to win it in the past 3/4 FM games.

Can anyone suggest an international team for me to take to WC glory?
    1000+ wow! I'm just starting my 7th season after 60hrs but I've had 4 promotions in 6 seasons so going pretty well :)
    Depends really how much of a challenge you want for the world cup,what team ranking would you be happy to take over? between what numbers like
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    No way, no siree... I'm not doing that challenge again

Did that in FM11. After 12 years of going nowhere I uninstalled the game out of frustration frown.gif

I imagine the easiest way of doing that would be to take control of a san marino club as well,then try to nationalise a few foreigners while improving facilties at your club to try and bring through some youth

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I imagine the easiest way of doing that would be to take control of a san marino club as well,then try to nationalise a few foreigners while improving facilties at your club to try and bring through some youth

Its the only way without using a custom database to add a San Marino league. For my money it is the hardest challenge in the game.

• Advertisement

Its the only way without using a custom database to add a San Marino league. For my money it is the hardest challenge in the game.

Forgot to check was the san marino league even in it just presumed it was,I just can't imagine doing it if your own league isn't available

Advertisement