Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I'm a new member here, been a long time lurker. Going to introduce myself to the motors forum. The names Shane. I drive an 07 B6 Passat 1.6FSI. I'm living between Dublin and Athlone so hope to make some meets in the near future.

Shane

Hi Shane, welcome aboard.
    I'm Ed, I drive an alfa 159 whenever its running;)
    Antares wrote: »
    Long time lurker eh?

Wanna buy a Mazda? :pac:

Lol, wheres the thanks+1000 button?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Hey guys,
    I am absolutely gutted....
    Went and agreed a p/x deal with a lovely gti today, had the money to take it there and then but the lad wanted to wait until monday for some reason.
    Long story short i was in work and now i've lost the money :(
    Searched high and low for the last three hours with help from people and its just gone. Feel like crying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

gollywog wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Went and agreed a p/x deal with a lovely gti today, had the money to take it there and then but the lad wanted to wait until monday for some reason.
    Searched high and low for the last three hours with help from people and its just gone. Feel like crying

Jesus that's horrific, you poor thing.
    Is there any possibility you put it somewhere like a locker or the dash of the car and it's slipped your mind?

Stheno wrote: »
    Jesus that's horrific, you poor thing.
    Is there any possibility you put it somewhere like a locker or the dash of the car and it's slipped your mind?

Ya im in shock, never lost anything like that some of money before.
    I have looked absolutely everywhere im afraid, they even let me off work so i could look. The problem is i work in a pub, I'd say if it fell out of my pocket or anything its long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Best thing you can do when looking after a large sum of money is to keep it low profile and behave as normal, i had almost 8 grand in the Octavia afew days ago after work, told nobody didn't have time to eat etc but it was worth it.

Also that really sucks, and remember no matter how well you know someone large sums of money make nice people act strange. I would have left it in the car or in the safe at work, as in your pocket is well dodgy.

• Advertisement

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Best thing you can do when looking after a large sum of money is to keep it low profile and behave as normal, i had almost 8 grand in the Octavia afew days ago after work, told nobody didn't have time to eat etc but it was worth it.

Also that really sucks, and remember no matter how well you know someone large sums of money make nice people act strange. I would have left it in the car or in the safe at work, as in your pocket is well dodgy.

Its funny you say that, I had put it into an envelope and had gotten the key to the safe to put it in, but then some people came in and my phone rang, 2 different people and one of them frustrated me and i lost concentration, then when i realised I was on the way to the safe before that happened, it was gone :(

That really sucks :(

When i got the money out of BOI in Galway the teller just stacked up 150 50 euro notes on the counter plain for all to see and walked away, when he came back i asked him wtf he ws at and then had to ask for an envelope(he didn't even offer me an elastic band).

Like seriously, could they not have a room for large withdrawals ?

That really sucks :(

When i got the money out of BOI in Galway the teller just stacked up 150 50 euro notes on the counter plain for all to see and walked away, when he came back i asked him wtf he ws at and then had to ask for an envelope(he didn't even offer me an elastic band).

Like seriously, could they not have a room for large withdrawals ?

Really??? Thats disgraceful behaviour...
    Any creep could have been, and probably was, watching that!
    Common sense would go a long way sometimes...
    Well im obviously not one to preach about that but how and ever....

Seriously though that really sucks :(

Whats the plan now ? MK4 GTi ? Maybe a nice E46 ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Common sense would go a long way sometimes...
    Well im obviously not one to preach about that but how and ever....

Ah now talk about hitting yourself when you're down!

You were on the way to put the money away safe, and got distracted :(

• Advertisement

Seriously though that really sucks :(

Whats the plan now ? MK4 GTi ? Maybe a nice E46 ?

Ya i know man....
    Well luckily it wasnt a cash sale so it wasnt like 10 k i lost but it still was 1000 euro like...
    Nope, its a gti for me still, hopefully the same one too, just have to have a think and see is there anything i can arrange. My sister would prob lend it to me

Ah now talk about hitting yourself when you're down!

You were on the way to put the money away safe, and got distracted :(

Ya thats true I suppose.... :rolleyes:
    Im sorry for gushing to everyone here btw

Ya thats true I suppose.... :rolleyes:
    Im sorry for gushing to everyone here btw

Better than crying in the pub ;)

Im still riddled with this headcold and i can't find my bank card to go to halfords for a look at cleaning kit, might just wash some clothes (yay) :p

Oh my

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fcuk me dude - that's piss poor luck. :(

Sorry for ya man.

I would have clocked the first thug i saw suddenly swapping from pints to Strawberry Daquiris tbh lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Welcome Shane :D

My name is Dave and I'm a petroholic :pac:

And you touch yourself at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey guys,

/manly side hug

That sucks m8. One of the reasons I don't care cash on me anymore. I am just master at losing it. :(

Ha I almost did tbh! Seriously like!
    Instead i took my frustration out on a cabinet in the kitchen,
    Bloody knuckles and i owe for the cabinet now :o

IMAG0303.jpg
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Fcuk me dude - that's piss poor luck. :(

Sorry for ya man.

Ya cheers man, its just one of them things.... Keep telling myself it could be worse!
    I would have clocked the first thug i saw suddenly swapping from pints to Strawberry Daquiris tbh lol :p

Ha ha ha imagine like, they would have needed a few when i would have been done with them lol!!! :p
    /manly side hug

That sucks m8. One of the reasons I don't care cash on me anymore. I am just master at losing it. :(

Cheers dude,
    Yes that will be the last time i do also!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

And you touch yourself at night!

Since when am I a Ford ST?!

You have a thing about people touching themselves don't ya???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The problem is i work in a pub, I'd say if it fell out of my
    but it still was 1000 euro like...

Sorry for your loss....

So, which pub you in? :D

Antares wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss....

So, which pub you in? :D

Ha ha ha, take a bow antares....
    You made me smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Hey guys,

Ah man, that sucks total donkey balls. So sorry for your loss. I know it's "only money", but still.

At least the GTi will seem all the sweeter when you get it.

Ah man, that sucks total donkey balls. So sorry for your loss. I know it's "only money", but still.

At least the GTi will seem all the sweeter when you get it.

Thanks man,
    Ya well hopefully thats the case :)
    Funny thing is, i met the guy in midway in portlaois and i was thinking "cant wait until the next meet, i can show the lads this here!". :o

Thanks man,
    Ya well hopefully thats the case :)
    Funny thing is, i met the guy in midway in portlaois and i was thinking "cant wait until the next meet, i can show the lads this here!". :o

Oh it will be worth it. My gaffer had two of them, both with the DSG. One year he was on holidays, I offered to mind it for him, as people had try to nick it recently. Had it for 6 weeks. Bonus was, I didn't have to pay for fuel, cos he left his fuel card in it.

Best. Six. Weeks. Ever.

And we'll defo get to see it at one of the meets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ah no golly, Im sorry to hear that. :( But it could be worse.

Oh it will be worth it. My gaffer had two of them, both with the DSG. One year he was on holidays, I offered to mind it for him, as people had try to nick it recently. Had it for 6 weeks. Bonus was, I didn't have to pay for fuel, cos he left his fuel card in it.

Best. Six. Weeks. Ever.

And we'll defo get to see it at one of the meets.

Sounds like a fun 6 weeks alright :)
    Yes, its now my lifes mission to attend a meet in one of them, and im a stubborn ****er lol!

Ah no golly, Im sorry to hear that. :( But it could be worse.

Ya man, lifes thought me it could always be worse, Im still a very lucky guy in other ways :)

Sounds like a fun 6 weeks alright :)
    Yes, its now my lifes mission to attend a meet in one of them, and im a stubborn ****er lol!

Just keep remembering the burble from the exhaust as you plant the loud pedal. That'll keep you going til Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

That is terrible to hear. When I have any notes in my wallet I reckon I'm going to lose them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement