Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

It'd be a huge problem if we lived somewhere like the US where >30C is a daily occurrence. As for the two days of summer we get, you can just let down the windows and enjoy it tbh. I really don't see A/C as a necessity here. If it comes with wipers it's Ireland-prep'd :p

Air con is a nice to have 365 days a year in Ireland imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

andyseadog wrote: »
    thats bad auld news gollywog, very unfortunate...

have you got a link to the car you've dealt with? dying to get a look here!

Ya its a right sickener Andy, felt like throwing up when I realised....

Yup here's the link, tell me what you think :)
    I'll be changing the wheels when I have the money, maybe 18" monzas or maybe a non gti wheel, not sure yet, but definitely either black or gunmetal grey sort of colour

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=81800

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

RoverJames wrote: »

For what? The country is usually colder than the freon manages anyway :pac:

I find it more useful in the winter months tbh.

I find it more useful in the winter months tbh.

Winda cleanin'!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

gollywog wrote: »

I'll be changing the wheels when I have the money, maybe 18" monzas or maybe a non gti wheel, not sure yet, but definitely either black or gunmetal grey sort of colour

I'm not a member of "fagdrivers" so i cant view the pics :pac:

does read to be a lovely car though, well decked out with goodies and a well doccumented history. had a spin in one before, not a DSG though, thought it was lovely. i shudder to think how much cash you have misplaced though looking at that price tag!

I'm not a member of "fagdrivers" so i cant view the pics :pac:

does read to be a lovely car though, well decked out with goodies and a well doccumented history. had a spin in one before, not a DSG though, thought it was lovely. i shudder to think how much cash you have misplaced though looking at that price tag!

Ha fag drivers, nice :p
    Ya all the paperwork checked out anyway so a God start, drove nicely too. It needs a few days hard labour with the d/a to be fair but ill enjoy that. Also there's stone chips on the bonnet but ill be getting that resprayed and blended and the guy went down alot on price because of this.
    And it was a part exchange deal thank fook!
    If id lost 9.5k I wouldn't be on here so chirpy, id be back on the beer!

Ya all the paperwork checked out anyway so a God start, drove nicely too. It needs a few days hard labour with the d/a to be fair but ill enjoy that. Also there's stone chips on the bonnet but ill be getting that resprayed and blended and the guy went down alot on price because of this.

Well here's hoping its onwards and upwards from here for you and the gti! was the car local or did you travel to see it?

Well here's hoping its onwards and upwards from here for you and the gti! was the car local or did you travel to see it?

Cheers man!
    He's in Athlone so we met in Portlaoise at midway where the meets are. Grand place to test drive, loads of parking and motorway beside you! How's the glanza goin?

Cheers man!
    He's in Athlone so we met in Portlaoise at midway where the meets are. Grand place to test drive, loads of parking and motorway beside you! How's the glanza goin?

not so bad, portlaoise really isn't the worse drive, around 90mins flat out :P, good roads the whole way to there, was working up there for a bit last year!

glanzas great, took it to duffys circus down your neck of the woods tonight :pac:

i27ipu.jpg

edit : drove the motorway from Arklow to South Gorey/ Courtown exit, then the 80km/h road road from the motorway exit to Courtown itself this evening at a very brisk pace in the sunshine and it was as fun as ****, just a really nice drive.

• Advertisement

Cheers man!

not so bad, portlaoise really isn't the worse drive, around 90mins flat out :P, good roads the whole way to there, was working up there for a bit last year!

glanzas great, took it to duffys circus down your neck of the woods tonight :pac:

i27ipu.jpg

edit : drove the motorway from Arklow to South Gorey/ Courtown exit, then the 80km/h road road from the motorway exit to Courtown itself this evening at a very brisk pace in the sunshine and it was as fun as ****, just a really nice drive.

Ya its a grand spin up there, I drove on a bit too which I hadn't in a while :)

Was the circus good? Gorey or courtown?

Ya my favourite part of that is the loooooooong left hand bend leading to the courtown road roundabout, super craic!

:D
    Ya its a grand spin up there, I drove on a bit too which I hadn't in a while :)

Was the circus good? Gorey or courtown?

Ya my favourite part of that is the loooooooong left hand bend leading to the courtown road roundabout, super craic!

its the weather for driving on a bit i tell ya :pac: too risky in the rain we've been having!

Circus was pretty cool, had lions and tigers and mongolian acrobats, was much more impressed than fossetts i thought. 2 and a half hours entertainment for a tenner wasn't bad either.

Its in the field next to David James car sales, i'd highly recommed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

A cat got it when i went for a spin earlier, stupid thing froze in the middle of the road and even though i was only doing 40mph it was slow down and give the cat a chance to move or swerve in the wet, cat didn't move.

19's made it instant for the poor moggy though and it had no collar so not alot i could do after checking it wasn't suffering, bad buzz was like 10 cats out in the 2 way 8 mile journey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    A cat got it when i went for a spin earlier, stupid thing froze in the middle of the road and even though i was only doing 40mph it was slow down and give the cat a chance to move or swerve in the wet, cat didn't move.

19's made it instant for the poor moggy though and it had no collar so not alot i could do after checking it wasn't suffering, bad buzz was like 10 cats out in the 2 way 8 mile journey

I tat I saw a squished puddy cat........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Saw this on Nova Facebook......

I don't think he was a happy "Clamper"

I'll get me coat !

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/325910_10150989239093667_2013487065_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Holy pic size dude! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Soooooo I tried to wire in a horn last night. Forgot I was dealing with French electrics :rolleyes:

Seems the radiator has stopped leaking, mysteriously.... :confused: not chancing it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I was underneath my car undoing the sump bung when I noticed the belt for the aircon compressor had been removed. Really not bothered with it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Holy pic size dude! :eek::eek::eek:

My bad ! ;)

Windows cleaned up, the amount of crap baked on the windows was not right. I shudder to think what caused that....

Now to fit this very large backbox :D

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Windows cleaned up, the amount of crap baked on the windows was not right. I shudder to think what caused that....

Now to fit this very large backbox :D

You seem to be a very busy man dgt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

well you quit? he is all ways knocking about doing something. :)

well you quit? he is all ways knocking about doing something. :)

It certainly seems that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Fiona wrote: »
    I tat I saw a squished puddy cat........

That's just mean, wise one.

Forgot, last night, outside the local pub, was a 04 Avensis with.... RS6's on.

Felty crowd turning to the Japs?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dgt wrote: »
    Forgot, last night, outside the local pub, was a 04 Avensis with.... RS6's on.

Felty crowd turning to the Japs?

It's the new type-r kit m8. Nothing we can do about it now. The battle is lost :(

It's the new type-r kit m8. Nothing we can do about it now. The battle is lost :(

Ah yes, the many Accords with AMG wheels isn't right!

Toyotas TRD now means Tyrones Racing Diesels :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Just showed my son the beauty that is the handbrake turn,
    I didn't warn him first though, the look on his face was priceless.:D

I think my youngest daughter is going to be the petrolhead in the family though,
    At the same time The young lad was grabbing the 'jesus handle', from the back I heard "do it again Daddy":D

pred racer wrote: »
    Just showed my son the beauty that is the handbrake turn,
    I didn't warn him first though, the look on his face was priceless.:D

I think my youngest daughter is going to be the petrolhead in the family though,
    At the same time The young lad was grabbing the 'jesus handle', from the back I heard "do it again Daddy":D

haha, my missus is a fan of that, must remember to use that as a pisstake. i'm expecting her to rip the whole doorcard off in a corner some day soon :P

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    :mad: fcuk sake went out to go to a mates house and I noticed some asshat has hit my Porsche. If your going to use my estate as a LUAS parking cos your too tight to pay 2 quid for it don't hit my flipping car :mad:

nothing worse is there! is is bad damage?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement