Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Tying to post a pic, but stupid phone won't let me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tying to post a pic, but stupid phone won't let me.

excuses! BAH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

When my sister heard what happened she told my mum she would lend me the money if I wanted to do that, she's so awesome :)
    And wanna say thanks for all the kind words too, really appreciate it alot! It's mad there's such a sense of community on here :)
    And to think it all started for me asking whether to get a golf or an a4 lol! :p

CianRyan wrote: »
    HA!
    That is excellent.

And one more thing, you should never google Chuck Norris.

linky This'll have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

gollywog wrote: »
    When my sister heard what happened she told my mum she would lend me the money if I wanted to do that, she's so awesome :)
    And wanna say thanks for all the kind words too, really appreciate it alot! It's mad there's such a sense of community on here :)
    And to think it all started for me asking whether to get a golf or an a4 lol! :p

Here just buy an ST :p

Is it Keiths GTI you are p/xing ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

But your Chuck Norris! Make it appear on a post. Its just the bother of having to clicking in to it. Then when google cant display the web page .... Aaaah! :eek:

Haha boss texted me to say to take tomorrow off as i have a cold and it's quiet at work/im owed a day off.

Now im contemplating a quick tear into Tuam to get some roasted peanuts and a can of coke at the 24HR(it's so hard to just hang around at home with the beast sitting outside) :p

Tomorrow will be a day of car washing yay, Halfords had better brace itself :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That is just great :)

Delighted for you, hope everything goes well Monday now for you!
    There are some really sound people around here alright!

Contribute to the community, you'd be amazed at some small thing you know and how it helps someone. And if you are wrong, someone will set you right!

I know you now.

Steven would kill you with a single blow :D

Jimbob 83 wrote: »

Here just buy an ST :p

Is it Keiths GTI you are p/xing ?

Ha i actually started to think about that earlier, plan was sell my car privately whenever, buy better value St, then add the money saved to the tax bill and get saving again for next year's tax!
    Nope man, when you passed on his info, I called him right away, but he's after a cash sale, has another car in mind apparently. Shame, because his one looks the business. And would save me a small fortune with all the stuff I'd like to add that he's stuck on the car already! I could do without the paddles for sure.
    Was thinking today when I was test driving the golf, obviously it's faster, but my yoke is no slouch either, the golf's zipper but my thing just presses you back into the seat in a different sort of way. When I accelerate flat out in the a4, my belongings have been known to end up flying into the back of the car lol! But my car has 100 more torques than the gti!

Haha boss texted me to say to take tomorrow off as i have a cold and it's quiet at work/im owed a day off.

Now im contemplating a quick tear into Tuam to get some roasted peanuts and a can of coke at the 24HR(it's so hard to just hang around at home with the beast sitting outside) :p

Tomorrow will be a day of car washing yay, Halfords had better brace itself :)

Where you based Jimbob?!

• Advertisement

Good stuff man. So we'll definitely get to see it at one of the meets!!!

And you're right. There are some seriously sound people on here. Always willing to help where possible.

Stheno wrote: »

That is just great :)

Delighted for you, hope everything goes well Monday now for you!
    There are some really sound people around here alright!

Contribute to the community, you'd be amazed at some small thing you know and how it helps someone. And if you are wrong, someone will set you right!

I know you now.

Steven would kill you with a single blow :D

Ya im delighted :)
    I think I'm a pretty nice decent person so maybe a bit of karma?! Lol.

Ya its by far the best forum I use, basically addicted now! :p

Jimbob, you could always give Joe Power another visit? What else are you looking to do to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ha i actually started to think about that earlier, plan was sell my car privately whenever, buy better value St, then add the money saved to the tax bill and get saving again for next year's tax!
    Nope man, when you passed on his info, I called him right away, but he's after a cash sale, has another car in mind apparently. Shame, because his one looks the business. And would save me a small fortune with all the stuff I'd like to add that he's stuck on the car already! I could do without the paddles for sure.
    Was thinking today when I was test driving the golf, obviously it's faster, but my yoke is no slouch either, the golf's zipper but my thing just presses you back into the seat in a different sort of way. When I accelerate flat out in the a4, my belongings have been known to end up flying into the back of the car lol! But my car has 100 more torques than the gti!

Dere's nathing lik da torq of da TDI laddddddddddd :D

Yea i got a box of mansize tissues for the rear parcel shelf of the ST, total waste of time as at the end of every journey they were upsidedown stuck to the back window haha :p

I know of a good ST for sale that i viewed and seller is spot on, it was one i thought was clocked but it was actually a clerical error. It's stage 2 remapped though but has leather and pretty much every extra and only 57,000 miles.

If you wan't contact details lemme know, only reason i didn't buy is that i felt after getting 1st one i viewed valeted for my return by the owner it was worth a look + 1 owner and 36,000 miles is lush.

Anyway off for that pointless drive :)

Good stuff man. So we'll definitely get to see it at one of the meets!!!

And you're right. There are some seriously sound people on here. Always willing to help where possible.

Yes I'll be at the next one for sure, I don't care what else I'm meant to be doing!
    Any sign of a meet coming up anytime soon actually mods?
    Yup, looking forward to meeting you all ha :)

Where you based Jimbob?!

Somewhere between headford and tuam in Galway aka the badlands

It's said if you listen hard enough late at night you can hear the howl of a t5 Turbo in the distance thirsty for it's next petrol station
    :pac:

166man wrote: »
    Dere's nathing lik da torq of da TD[COLOR="Red"]I[/COLOR] laddddddddddd :D

Ha ha :) i know it's not fashionable but it gets ya places fast and cheap! :p

Dere's nathing lik da torq of da TD[COLOR="Red"]I[/COLOR] laddddddddddd :D

And deres de-fin-itely nuhin like de pull ou huv a GT[COLOR="Red"]TDI[/COLOR] laaaaaaddddd. Some pooooooowwww ou huv it too. :D

Jimbob, you could always give Joe Power another visit? What else are you looking to do to it?

Not gonna go for much power in first year of ownership tbh as im with 123.ie

Possibly powerflex bushes/turbo back sports cat and a downpipe.

Besides that gonna spend €600 or so fixing up the paintwork like new and refurbing the 2 sets of wheels. Thats enough for me tbh.

Then next year will try out a remap maybe and some elbach springs

• Advertisement

Yea i got a box of mansize tissues for the rear parcel shelf of the ST, total waste of time as at the end of every journey they were upsidedown stuck to the back window haha :p

I know of a good ST for sale that i viewed and seller is spot on, it was one i thought was clocked but it was actually a clerical error. It's stage 2 remapped though but has leather and pretty much every extra and only 57,000 miles.

If you wan't contact details lemme know, only reason i didn't buy is that i felt after getting 1st one i viewed valeted for my return by the owner it was worth a look + 1 owner and 36,000 miles is lush.

Anyway off for that pointless drive :)

Ha its a good feeling seein your things gettin shot into the back! :-)
    What price was it just out of curiosity?!

I will pm it to you one sec.

I like the older TDI engines..:o:pac:

I like the older TDI engines..:o:pac:

Ah no harm!
    Forgot to say earlier the gti has stone chips on the bonnet, will be getting it resprayed and blended, but the seller reduced price to allow for that with no hassle at all so be grand. No air-con tho :(

I will pm it to you one sec.

Sound!

Ah no harm!
    Forgot to say earlier the gti has stone chips on the bonnet, will be getting it resprayed and blended, but the seller reduced price to allow for that with no hassle at all so be grand. No air-con tho :(

No air-con would be a big no-no for me anyway, could it be retrofitted?

Ah no harm!

Ya its the only thing that's bugging me to be honest... I'm not sure tbh, but if it's possible, I'd imagine it could be hugely expensive....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It'd be a huge problem if we lived somewhere like the US where >30C is a daily occurrence. As for the two days of summer we get, you can just let down the windows and enjoy it tbh. I really don't see A/C as a necessity here. If it comes with wipers it's Ireland-prep'd :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

thats bad auld news gollywog, very unfortunate...

have you got a link to the car you've dealt with? dying to get a look here!

• Advertisement

It'd be a huge problem if we lived somewhere like the US where >30C is a daily occurrence. As for the two days of summer we get, you can just let down the windows and enjoy it tbh. I really don't see A/C as a necessity here. If it comes with wipers it's Ireland-prep'd :p

Ya that's what I'm convincing myself :) it seems to be a couple of extras per gti and only more on some and they seem to be priced mental high. So it's kinda like pick what's most important ha. y one has DSG and the vw sat nav rs 510 or whatever it's called!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement