Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I need new front discs for the alfa, any reccomendations?
    Is it worth spending extra for brembo etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

pred racer wrote: »
    I need new front discs for the alfa, any reccomendations?
    Is it worth spending extra for brembo etc?

Brembo brake setup or only discs? The whole setup will cost you a fortune and putting only Brembo discs won't do much improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

How awesome would that be.
    Now do aldi have any compressors left :D.

Brembo brake setup or only discs? The whole setup will cost you a fortune and putting only Brembo discs won't do much improvement.

No, just the discs. Prices seem to range from <100 to 300+
    and then there is drilled and grooved or just vented?

The discs themselves look fine, I presume that sitting around for weeks at a time is doing them no good.

Btw I'd love the whole setup but I haven't got 3-4k

Wtf are they using?

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Not much point in changing the discs on their own, you'd be much better in getting a decent set of pads as they do the actual work. Disks will only be worth considering if you're going to change calipers as well and are worried about warping etc.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that one of them is warped! Thats the reason for the change, ill stick on new pads at the same time.

pred racer wrote: »
    No, just the discs. Prices seem to range from <100 to 300+
    and then there is drilled and grooved or just vented?

The discs themselves look fine, I presume that sitting around for weeks at a time is doing them no good.

Btw I'd love the whole setup but I haven't got 3-4k

Don't bother with all that grooved and drilled stuff then. Just get standart ones. No point spending extra on something that wil have zero impact on performance. I would not even bother with performance brake pads as good ones need proper working temperature to be most effective, but they will be worse then average standart pads, when not at proper temperatures etc.

Unless your Alfa is doing 100hp more from standart setup, I would not bother with brake upgrade.

Unless your Alfa is doing 100hp more from standart setup, I would not bother with brake upgrade.

its not...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

I think I just fell in love with my car all over again for the 150th time :o

423.jpg

511.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

That's a lot of people leaning on/around it with dodgy jeans studs facing the car for my liking! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Oi get off the fecking car! Immaculate car, but people leaning on her would boil my piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Oh,how much I love my car on a day like today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Oh,how much I love my car on a day like today

Points to text under username and commences his dance. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

First driving lesson today, it went good enough. But the teacher give out to me twice for looking hot wimmin. :o But sure live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Saw a new Lexus GS today, all I can say is wow, such road presence.

Also, our very own TT nearly sent a little girl into tears in Supermacs and he drove past with his uber loud exhaust.

Also, our very own TT nearly sent a little girl into tears in Supermacs and he drove past with his uber loud exhaust.

It's not "that" loud....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It's not "that" loud....

My mother, who was sitting in the car with the child, said

"I thought it was a motorbike"

:pac:

I apologise, won't happen again.

TT / LM

Do either of ye know if The Strand still charge good money for using their carpark when staying there or have they dropped the prices..... Was charged a tenner nearly last time.

Anywhere nearby you'd recommend parking instead or would I be better off in the basement of the hotel ?

OSI wrote: »
    Sure she wasn't crying because she was in Supermacs?

Cheap bastard, can even get them to McDonald's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Antares wrote: »
    TT / LM

Do either of ye know if The Strand still charge good money for using their carpark when staying there or have they dropped the prices..... Was charged a tenner nearly last time.

Anywhere nearby you'd recommend parking instead or would I be better off in the basement of the hotel ?

When was that? Was €5 this time last year on ATWR, whether that was a discount or not I don't know.

draffodx wrote: »
    When was that? Was €5 this time last year on ATWR, whether that was a discount or not I don't know.

About May 2011 I think.... Thought it was a bit steep considering what I had paid for the room.

ATWR stay there? You lads do it in style ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

About May 2011 I think.... Thought it was a bit steep considering what I had paid for the room.

ATWR stay there? You lads do it in style ! :P

I know ATWR got a discount making it the cheapest place to stay in Limerick, don't know if the discount extended to the parking but it was €5 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

dar83 wrote: »
    That's a lot of people leaning on/around it with dodgy jeans studs facing the car for my liking! :o
    Hal1 wrote: »
    Oi get off the fecking car! Immaculate car, but people leaning on her would boil my piss.

It's actually just the lad at the side that was leaning on it and I put him wide!

The rest of us are just standing by it at the back, looks like we are leaning on it alright from the angle!

TT / LM

I just asked someone who works there, €6 overnight for a guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I'm a new member here, been a long time lurker. Going to introduce myself to the motors forum. The names Shane. I drive an 07 B6 Passat 1.6FSI. I'm living between Dublin and Athlone so hope to make some meets in the near future.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Welcome Shane :D

My name is Dave and I'm a petroholic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Welcome shane ;)

My name is Jim and sometimes i wake up in a cold sweat thinking about when my tax is up :p

Welcome Shane :D

My name is Dave and I'm a petroholic :pac:

Thats just coz you cant afford a decent deisel:D

• Advertisement

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I'm a new member here, been a long time lurker. Going to introduce myself to the motors forum. The names Shane. I drive an 07 B6 Passat 1.6FSI. I'm living between Dublin and Athlone so hope to make some meets in the near future.

Shane

Long time lurker eh?

Wanna buy a Mazda? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement