Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    The Button beside the home button is turbo to turn it off just hold in turbo and press the button that has turbo enabled

Cheers, but there's two buttons beside "Xbox" labelled "back" and "start".

Is one of them also turbo?
    Forgot to inject myself in here - I modded the stick.

Stick is Qanba Q3. PCB is AkiShop PS360.
    Back is also Turbo (hold on plug-in to switch console).
    To change turbo mode, HOLD Turbo and TAP the button to change mode (cycles turbo-1, 2, 3, OFF)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »
    If you'll read closely Watson then you'll find that that's exactly what he said.

Even Sherlock has a slow day...

(Anyway I'm pretty sure the model uberdave has is dual modded, I recall someone mentioning it).

EDIT: there's Kiki to make me look more stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

I don't suppose there's anywhere in Ireland where I can get a stick ? :P I have no issue with Amazon or Ebay but itd be nice to have the closer option

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gamestop, HMV and Smyths have been known to stock the lower end Hori sticks and HMV very rarely have a Madcatz TE, but online is your best bet for both quality and value, with the Qanba being the best option at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

recnib wrote: »
    I don't suppose there's anywhere in Ireland where I can get a stick ? :P I have no issue with Amazon or Ebay but itd be nice to have the closer option

I have a wwe brawlstick same as madcatz SE I'll let u have it very reasonable if u want?? Also it's brand new never used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Gamestop in Blanch had Hori VX SA's for €140 the last time I was up there, no idea how good they are but they look nice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Gamestop in Blanch had Hori VX SA's for €140 the last time I was up there, no idea how good they are but they look nice

Xbox version of my stick.

Full Sanwa.

Great stick, well worth the money and easy to mod should you want to throw a dual PCB in.

I don't suppose there's anywhere in Ireland where I can get a stick ?

I saw this and thought of you::D

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/street-fighter-joystick/1781384

Seems like a good price for a second hand TE that looks to be in very good nick. You'd be able to get shut of it for what you paid for it at any time too, especially if you haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butadoo

hi selling my hori fighting stick 3 in perfect condition , thanks for looking

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/hori-arcade-fighting-stick-3-pc-usb-ps3/1775588

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I have a wwe brawlstick same as madcatz SE I'll let u have it very reasonable if u want?? Also it's brand new never used

How much're you looking for it?

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    How much're you looking for it?

Bout 35 would be enough for you to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Back in my mother's for a week or too, and as always that means breaking out the old PS2 with a bit of Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. You'd saw your damn thumb off playing that on pad. So I though I'd pick up an old fightstick to leave in my mam's place, so I could enjoy a good fight any time I'm home for a few days. Any idea where I could find on for PS2 in this day and age, or the name of a good one? I play on Hori sticks in the current gen, do they have sticks for the older stuff too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Think its about time I got around to duel modding my TE and figure ye good folks are the folks to be asking :D.
    I've done no research on it though I was going to start today so consider me completely uninformed. I'm guessing a few of you guys have done this already :o so if someone could point me in the direction of info or explain what I gotta do to get the TE to work on both systems it twould be more than awesome.
    I'm guessing Ill have to buy and install a board yeah?

What system is your TE currently?

deathrider wrote: »
    Back in my mother's for a week or too, and as always that means breaking out the old PS2 with a bit of Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. You'd saw your damn thumb off playing that on pad. So I though I'd pick up an old fightstick to leave in my mam's place, so I could enjoy a good fight any time I'm home for a few days. Any idea where I could find on for PS2 in this day and age, or the name of a good one? I play on Hori sticks in the current gen, do they have sticks for the older stuff too?
    http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/hori-compact-joystick/1555227

Get in quick.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What system is your TE currently?

sorry for taking so long, its for the 360.

Danonino. wrote: »
    sorry for taking so long, its for the 360.

Good guide.

http://www.donovanmyers.com/2010/02/dual-mod-a-mad-catz-fightstick-tournament-edition-using-toodles-chimp/

You can get the toodles boards from gremlin solutions in the UK.

Alternatively, you could sell your TE and buy a Qanba Q4RAF off Gremlin instead. They are an excellent stick, with all the same parts as the TE, but they come triple modded for 360, PS3, and PC out of the box, and will probably work out about the same in additional costs over what you'd get for the TE versus buying the parts you need to mod it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

The TE Kitty or the TEasyStrike are much better options than the chimp. They are solderless options

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Excellent stuff, man. Cheers :D

You can also look for the Mayflash Universal Fighting Stick (PS2/PC/PS3).

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-49-en-70-3d9n.html

(Newer design, PS2-only)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-49-en-70-3tiz.html

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    The TE Kitty or the TEasyStrike are much better options than the chimp. They are solderless options

The TE Kitty looks like a winner.. Ill get looking over the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Is the wireless Tekken 6 stick any good (for someone who's never had a stick before) and would a second hand one be worth 50 quid? (tekken 6 included, so about 35 for the stick on it's own I guess). Just looking for something that's not completely rubbish for the least amount of money possible, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

rickyjb wrote: »
    Is the wireless Tekken 6 stick any good (for someone who's never had a stick before) and would a second hand one be worth 50 quid? (tekken 6 included, so about 35 for the stick on it's own I guess). Just looking for something that's not completely rubbish for the least amount of money possible, thanks.

I'm sure it's decent but wireless sticks are generally regarded as a no-no (certainly in tournament circles). Though then again, wireless pads are allowed.

rickyjb wrote: »

If yur looking for something good quality and cheap I have a wwe brawlstick I'm selling for 30 euro it's brand new for xbox360 and same stick as the street fighter 4 standard edition???

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Hey does anyone know what type of sticks are good for tekken? People keep talking about something called Hori but I don't know what that is.

Apparantly japanese sticks make it easier to back dash cancel in Tekken. Cause they register a B when you go from DB to neutral.

Looking to make a decent investment here so I don't mind spending a lot of money. Thanks for any replies, I'll be at casuals this week if you think I should just ask around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hey does anyone know what type of sticks are good for tekken? People keep talking about something called Hori but I don't know what that is.

Apparantly japanese sticks make it easier to back dash cancel in Tekken. Cause they register a B when you go from DB to neutral.

Looking to make a decent investment here so I don't mind spending a lot of money. Thanks for any replies, I'll be at casuals this week if you think I should just ask around there.

I don't like the idea of using different sticks for diff games, AFAIK the tekken noir cabinets use all sanwa parts, but I've seen a lot of korean sticks being used for tekken. It's personal preference as far as I know, my advice would be stick with a sanwa and square gate. You're set for every fighting game then p much. And yes, BD cancelling is handy on japanese stick cause the DB to N gives you a back cause of the micro switches :P

As far as layout, the stick I currently own/use is identical to namco noir layout, so I like it for that reason :P

However standard vewlix layout or any similar layout you find on most sticks is fine

Hori sticks use the noir layout as a default as far as I know, hence why you probably hear the name mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ramza wrote: »
    BD cancelling is handy on japanese stick cause the DB to N gives you a back cause of the micro switches :P

Just out of a general sense of curiosity/trivia I was wondering how this was possible, and if it was stick or Tekken specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Ramza wrote: »
    And yes, BD cancelling is handy on japanese stick cause the DB to N gives you a back cause of the micro switches :P default as far as I know, hence why you probably hear the name mentioned

Could you maybe link me to one of these sticks man? :)

And will you be at casuals this Sat? Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

animaX wrote: »
    I'm sure it's decent but wireless sticks are generally regarded as a no-no (certainly in tournament circles). Though then again, wireless pads are allowed.

Tournament play is not something I'm considering, once it works ok with my ps3 online then I don't care.
    If yur looking for something good quality and cheap I have a wwe brawlstick I'm selling for 30 euro it's brand new for xbox360 and same stick as the street fighter 4 standard edition???

I have a ps3 I'm afraid, I assume it can only be used on 360?

Does anyone have any opinion on or experience of the quality/value of the tekken stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Could you maybe link me to one of these sticks man? :)

And will you be at casuals this Sat? Thanks for the reply!

http://store.gameshark.net/Arcade_Sticks/291 Is the official site for them.
    Sometimes on streams you get discount codes, the one at Evo had $60 off!

Advertisement