Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ramza wrote: »
    BD cancelling is handy on japanese stick cause the DB to N gives you a back cause of the micro switches :P

Just out of a general sense of curiosity/trivia I was wondering how this was possible, and if it was stick or Tekken specific.

Well, on Sanwa parts anyway, if you hold downback and release it to neutral, it doesn't spring straight back, well, it does but it passes through the back microswotch. For backdash cancelling the system notation is actually b,b, d/b, x N.

However you must go to neutral after the downback and before the back as it won't recognise the input (not a game specific thing, just stick) , but when you release db to neutral you actually get a [d/b, n, b] input. So for backdash cancelling all you Consciously have to do is bb (initiates first backdash), db, n , b x N.

More info here :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3whW6bh9Aks

Could you maybe link me to one of these sticks man? :)

And will you be at casuals this Sat? Thanks for the reply!

This is Hori's official site

http://stores.horiusa.com/StoreFront.bok

The best hori sticks as far as I know are the "real arcade pro" (HRAP)

http://stores.horiusa.com/-strse-122/Xbox-360-Fighting-Stick/Detail.bok

This is a good stick but doesn't use jap parts and it doesn't use a tekken layout, cheap though :)

You could look around amazon, shopto or other sites for hori sticks closer to home, depends what you're looking for part wise, Kiki and other people could probably link you sites. Neo Empire buy/sell forum is a place to look too!

I am currently selling a Hori EX2 for 20 quid (if push came to shove and you couldn't find anything elsewhere I'll let it go for 15 at casuals if you're interested), Hori parts, tekken noir layout, perfect for learning, but however the EX2 does not use quick disconnects so if you look to mod in the future it's not ideal as you'll have to solder etc, price of wires, parts and labour will probably set you back. My advice would be go for a japanese stick that uses quick disconnects as a first. Whatever layout you would like will come next, but if you're not fussed about layout, any stick with sanwa parts will set you :) (TE, modded SE etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Newegg Hori stick sale, $90 dollars for full Sanwa which equals €74

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874179013

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879994026

That would be an absolute bargain if they shipped outside America, which I seriously doubt they do. But you need an account to see shipping options, which I don't have.

Also alternatively if anyone knows anyone currently living in America, then you could ship to them, and have them ship it to you (should still work out under €100 total)

This is pretty much what I did for my Matcatz TE via an Amazon.com sale, way back in the day. Worked out way cheaper than buying from a .co.uk website.

I absolutely love the layout of Hori sticks, the noir layout is my favorite layout to date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok guys lost job need cash so selling my two remaining sticks...

the wwe brawlstick 25 euro xbox 360

also a soul caliber 5 TE stick 120 xbox 360

both are brand new and sealed!!! will move a little on price IF PRICE IS RIGHT...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gamestop in Carlow (and possibly other locations) are selling Hori V3 SA and VX SA sticks for €139.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

Gamestop in Carlow (and possibly other locations) are selling Hori V3 SA and VX SA sticks for €139.99.

Aye, just checked Stephen's Green and Henry St (Dublin ;)) and that's seems to be the new standard stock. Big improvement over EX2 for €150.

Don't think they ever sold EX2 or V3 sticks for €150 unless it was a mistake. Always saw them for between €40 and €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

125-150 range anyway, definitely over 100. Not sure if it was Henry st or Liffey st (if not both!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Never saw an EX2 on sale for anywhere near that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Selling 2 Hori PS2 Fighting Stick 2 (with USB cable) and seen they are going on Ebay for more than the price i paid for them?

Anyone knows whats up? was looking for a guide line price but paid 100 for each and they are averaging 110 on ebay :confused:

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=8361

Holy ****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Selling 2 Hori PS2 Fighting Stick 2 (with USB cable) and seen they are going on Ebay for more than the price i paid for them?

Anyone knows whats up? was looking for a guide line price but paid 100 for each and they are averaging 110 on ebay :confused:

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=8361

Holy ****!!!
    I had one of those.

It's not worth as much as eBayers think.

Buttons aren't even microswitched, stick is standard Hori OEM (with stupid rumble, to boot).
    It's not "rare".

Plus points: slightly moddable, decent layout, PS2 PCB.

I (personally) wouldn't pay more than 40 for a used one.

What do you mean by "with USB cable" though?

*edit*
    Just as a comparison, for ~€90 I would expect to get a mint Namco stick, or a used arcade-grade HRAP.
    For ~€120 you'd get something rare & arcade-spec, like Konami Hyper Stick or Virtua Stick "candy edition".

Here's a Hori Fighting Stick v.1 (same thing really) for much less than your link: eBay link

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

USB cables are for connecting to pc, handy for emulators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Hori Real Arcade Pro VX SA.

Brand new and mint. About 2 hours use and comes with box and receipt. Cost 140. Will sell for 100. Must be collected.

11 months warranty remaining from Gamestop.

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/hori-real-arcade-pro-vx-sa-arcade-fight-stick-xbox-360/2181774

Brand new and mint. About 2 hours use and comes with box and receipt. Cost 140. Will sell for 100. Must be collected.

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/hori-real-arcade-pro-vx-sa-arcade-fight-stick-xbox-360/2181774

Will sell this for 75 if anyone is interested in a quick purchase? Its boxed and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is it full Sanwa?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Is it full Sanwa?

Yeah, it is, Prinny. Got one of my own, very good stick.

Is it full Sanwa?

It is.

The same stick I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll buy it off you for €65, If its in good condition.

I'm in dublin weekdays.

Its in mint condition but I live in Sallins, Kildare and it needs to be collected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Daftgeg

Hello guys,

Been a little while I haven't posted or come around to casuals so I hope you are all fine.

I am leaving Ireland for good and need to quickly sell most of my arcade stick collection.

See below for details:

- Tekken 6 Hori Wireless Arcade Stick (PS3), comes with artbook: €30
    - SFIV Madcatz Tournament Edition Stick, first round (PS3): €50 to Chunkis (TBC on my side)
    - Tatsunoko vs Capcom Arcade Stick (Wii) with game : €30 to Kiki (PM sent)
    - Neo Geo Arcade Stick, original version (joystick ball slightly cracked but works like a charm): €20
    - Real Arcade Pro: 3 Premium VLX (PS3): €100 to Nascimento (PM sent)
    - Agetec arcade stick for Dreamcast fully modded with Seimitsu parts (by Kiki actually): €20

Apart from the Neo Geo stick all of these have been purchased new and come in box. Ideally these will need to be collected (payment by cash).

In case some of these get purchased, I will edit my post.

Thanks for reading and let me know if you are interested.

Cheerios,

Daftgeg aka Jerome.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Daftgeg wrote: »
    - Real Arcade Pro: 3 Premium VLX (PS3): €100
    2 or 3 months ago and I woulda been all over that, holy ****. As it is, I'm stuck holding on to a deposit for a new place. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Hello guys,

Been a little while I haven't posted or come around to casuals so I hope you are all fine.

I am leaving Ireland for good and need to quickly sell most of my arcade stick collection.

See below for details:

- Tekken 6 Hori Wireless Arcade Stick (PS3), comes with artbook: €30
    - SFIV Madcatz Tournament Edition Stick, first round (PS3): €50
    - Tatsunoko vs Capcom Arcade Stick (Wii) with game : €30
    - Neo Geo Arcade Stick, original version (joystick ball slightly cracked but works like a charm): €20
    - Real Arcade Pro: 3 Premium VLX (PS3): €100

Apart from the Neo Geo stick all of these have been purchased new and come in box. Ideally these will need to be collected (payment by cash).

In case some of these get purchased, I will edit my post.

Thanks for reading and let me know if you are interested.

Cheerios,

Daftgeg aka Jerome.

I am interested in the T6 and SF4 sticks but I'm in Waterford. Where are you located?

Gloom wrote: »
    I am interested in the T6 and SF4 sticks but I'm in Waterford. Where are you located?

I am located in Dublin 18 (Sandyford).

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I am located in Dublin 18 (Sandyford).

Ah, ok so. I'll leave them go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

What's the deal with your neo geo stick?
    Is it for an aes/mvs? or has it been modded in anyway?

Kiki can they be modded to work on pc 360 ?

=> That is an original Neo Geo controller for AES only. No, it is has not been modded in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Hello guys,

Real Arcade Pro: 3 Premium VLX (PS3): €100

You definitely mean the premium version?

If so I'll take it off your hands, and can do this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can be modded to work with any system (including 360) by using a project box & DB-15 connectors (NeoGeo sticks do not use a controller PCB, it's pure On-Off circuitry)

@Daftgeg: sorry to hear you're leaving, mate :(
    I'll take the TvC bits off you. Also, pretty sure I owe you a coffee.

• Advertisement

Nascimento wrote: »
    You definitely mean the premium version?

If so I'll take it off your hands, and can do this week.

Yes I definitely mean the premium version imported from Japan.

Advertisement