Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

lisaos wrote: »
    I know the wait is ridiculous, and my hubbys stubborn and won't go to welfare officer for money so barely surviving , on another thread a woman whose renewal was the 28th of March had her money in her account Monday just gone, hope fully not to long more for us, let us know when you get sorted or if you hear anymore thanks

Will keep you posted so you'll have an idea how fast there moving. Hopefully we'll get paid before te kids are back at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I know the wait is ridiculous, and my hubbys stubborn and won't go to welfare officer for money so barely surviving , on another thread a woman whose renewal was the 28th of March had her money in her account Monday just gone, hope fully not to long more for us, let us know when you get sorted or if you hear anymore thanks
    Your husband is foolish not to go to cwo for the money. He only has to go once. The money is paid into the post office and can be collected between Friday and Monday each week until Fis is settled. I couldn't do without it tbh. It's €106 less than my Fis entitlement and I'm missing that a lot at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

He should go to the community welfare officer, at least it would take the pressure off until the FIS is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

They are processing 5/4/12 renewals .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 babsrose

Anyone have any updates ?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know whats happening ?

Still no payment here my renewal is 12th April so 16 weeks this week.

they are processing 12/4/12 claims now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lisaos

Glyni, i rang again today and after 27 mins on hold i got through and they are on the 12th of April so you might be lucky this week, also rang BTSCFA and they won't give payment out this year until renewal has been approved, even though they did last year.. hope this helps and let us know if you get it :)

Thanks Glyni im the same date as you ! hopefully have good news soon !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Waiting ten weeks now, Rang the office today and before i got to speak to anybody a recorded message told me "all renewals and new applications 20wks", i could cry !!!!!! cannot survive another 10wks like the last 10.
    :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kmscc wrote: »
    Waiting ten weeks now, Rang the office today and before i got to speak to anybody a recorded message told me "all renewals and new applications 20wks", i could cry !!!!!! cannot survive another 10wks like the last 10.
    :(:(:(
    Its absolutely outrageous behaviour, getting longer and longer each year. Very stressful. Ulsterbank od keeping me afloat tbh:mad::mad:

Its not fully 20 weeks,majority of claims are processed in 16/17 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

my renewal date is 10 may, so im 12 weeks waiting now.. im trying my best to be patient..! :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cara11

Got my money last week, finally. But the amount is 10 Euro short due to my one parent family payment. I handed in my claim on 13th of March and a week later my one parent payment was reduced because I went back to work. I even noted on the claim form, that this amount is going to be reduced but since I didn't know of how much, I couldn't write in a lower figure (always afraid because of the sentence about false statements etc.) Do you think I would stand a chance writing to the Appeals Officer or would it be enough ringing the FIS section? I was sure that all Welfare departments are checking the figures and they would see how much it actually is before I would. After all - it took 4 months to process the claim.

Has anyone an advice what I should do or is there nothing I can do. 10 Euro means 520 Euros over the full year - a fortune!:confused:

cara11 wrote: »
    Got my money last week, finally. But the amount is 10 Euro short due to my one parent family payment. I handed in my claim on 13th of March and a week later my one parent payment was reduced because I went back to work. I even noted on the claim form, that this amount is going to be reduced but since I didn't know of how much, I couldn't write in a lower figure (always afraid because of the sentence about false statements etc.) Do you think I would stand a chance writing to the Appeals Officer or would it be enough ringing the FIS section? I was sure that all Welfare departments are checking the figures and they would see how much it actually is before I would. After all - it took 4 months to process the claim.

Has anyone an advice what I should do or is there nothing I can do. 10 Euro means 520 Euros over the full year - a fortune!:confused:
    I reckon they might take a look at your claim again but it is set from the renewal date of application so it would be up to FIS to give it to you.you dont really have any grounds to appeal,as FIS have followed the rules.Give FIS a ring and talk to the person who did your claim and see is there anything that can be done.They might consider it but I dont think there is any way you would win an appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My was down E3 aweek this year, for no reason at all, im on the same money
    i was on last year, no less no more,maybe it all depends whos doing it.

nig1 wrote: »
    My was down E3 aweek this year, for no reason at all, im on the same money
    i was on last year, no less no more,maybe it all depends whos doing it.

they have a set of rules/guidelines so it shouldnt really make any difference who processes it.could have something to do with changes in your tax or usc ,only guessing but there would be a reason how they got that figure.

Glyni, i rang again today and after 27 mins on hold i got through and they are on the 12th of April so you might be lucky this week, also rang BTSCFA and they won't give payment out this year until renewal has been approved, even though they did last year.. hope this helps and let us know if you get it :)

My back money was in my account this morning Lisa. Hopefully you wont be waiting much longer.

babsrose wrote: »
    Thanks Glyni im the same date as you ! hopefully have good news soon !

Check your account Babsrose. My back money was in today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

yabadabado wrote: »
    they have a set of rules/guidelines so it shouldnt really make any difference who processes it.could have something to do with changes in your tax or usc ,only guessing but there would be a reason how they got that figure.

no change at all in tax or usc, didnt look in to it for just E3, did wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lisaos

Delighted for you Glyni hopefully mine be there soon so thanks for letting us know :):)

Nothing in my account glyni !! do you normally get money on wednesday ? My payment usually goes in on a thursday so maybe tomorrow will be lucky !

FIS renewals are paid into bank accounts on a Thursday.Depending on your PPSN it might not be processed yet.They are done in numerical order.

babsrose wrote: »
    Nothing in my account glyni !! do you normally get money on wednesday ? My payment usually goes in on a thursday so maybe tomorrow will be lucky !

Normally paid on a Thursday thought it was strange it's there today but not complaining. Maybe their paying them in all week long due to the backlog I know of some else who got theirs on a Monday. Hopefully yours will be there tomorow.

Glyni wrote: »
    Normally paid on a Thursday thought it was strange it's there today but not complaining. Maybe their paying them in all week long due to the backlog I know of some else who got theirs on a Monday. Hopefully yours will be there tomorow.

The first payment after a claim is renewed/processed can go any day of the week and it is always a Thursday after that.Same for a first time application,first payment can issue any working day and always a Thursday from then onwards.
    Nothing to do with backlogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Got btscfa today :):) does that mean fis is sorted ?????

kmscc wrote: »
    Got btscfa today :):) does that mean fis is sorted ?????
    no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whelo1

any idea what date renewals are on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jkee

Hi all.. pls just a quick question. Am a first time applicant and after 20 wks of waiting. I got a letter today dat i have an interview with an inspector. Does this mean dat d inspector makes a decision on my application or she is to get back o fis for dem to decide..thanking all response in advance

Advertisement