Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

mamof5 wrote: »
    rang up this morning and the girl said that they were still on the beginning of march and that my renewal date was the 14th march,thought it was the 15th,not that it makes much difference,it'll still be another while :(
    i was waiting 14 weeks, so be prepared and hope u get sorted ok:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mamof5

mum37 wrote: »
    i was waiting 14 weeks, so be prepared and hope u get sorted ok:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

mamof5 wrote: »
    rang up this morning and the girl said that they were still on the beginning of march and that my renewal date was the 14th march,thought it was the 15th,not that it makes much difference,it'll still be another while :(

The 14th March is on a wednesday so your claim will be renewed from the 15th.

midlands1 wrote: »
    The 14th March is on a wednesday so your claim will be renewed from the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mumm

has anyone any news on the date they are at now? my renewal date is the 8th march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

mumm wrote: »
    has anyone any news on the date they are at now? my renewal date is the 8th march

You should ring them, they will be able to give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Just a quick question about FIS renewal. I have the payment at the moment, this is my first year having it. Will a renewal form be sent to me closer to the expiry date or will I have to apply myself and send in a regular application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

mumm wrote: »

AFAIK they are working on the 8/3/12.
    maude6868 wrote: »
    Just a quick question about FIS renewal. I have the payment at the moment, this is my first year having it. Will a renewal form be sent to me closer to the expiry date or will I have to apply myself and send in a regular application form.

A new application will be sent to you around 4 weeks before the expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cara11

Just stumbled across this as I was thinking of giving them a ring tomorrow. my renewal date is 15/03. So I seem to be getting closer. :rolleyes:

I wonder is anyone here in the same boat as me: For the past 3 Winters ( December - March) I was laid off or under the required 19 hours per week. the first year I was completely off and my claim was suspended. i rang then in March and they said to just send in a letter from the employer and they will re-instate my payments. That worked fine. The second year I was working but less than 19 hours. I did the same but got a letter back, saying that my claim was closed and I would have to renew it and they posted me a blue form. I filled it in and over a week later I got it back as it was the wrong form - I need to apply completely NEW (so I lost 2 weeks of my new claim). A suspension would only last 28 days. I asked where I can find information about the duration of a suspension and they could not tell me nor whether it is calendar days or working days. And they did not comment when I asked why the year before it was different. It took ages then last year to proceed the claim and about 2 months later talking to a collegue of mine who was in the exact same situation, I found that he merely had to send in a letter and got his payments reintated straight away. I was a bit annoyed and phoned them but of course they could not comment on that. I don't see why there is one rule for one and another for others.

They could make it so much easier for everyone including themselves. Of course it takes a lot longer to check and process an 16 (!) pages long new claim than just lifting a suspension for those who are laid off due to seasonal closure of businesses. Never mind the piles of paper wasted...

Did anyone here experience a suspension lately and how long or how easy was it to restore the claim?

cara11 wrote: »
    Just stumbled across this as I was thinking of giving them a ring tomorrow. my renewal date is 15/03. So I seem to be getting closer. :rolleyes:

I wonder is anyone here in the same boat as me: For the past 3 Winters ( December - March) I was laid off or under the required 19 hours per week. the first year I was completely off and my claim was suspended. i rang then in March and they said to just send in a letter from the employer and they will re-instate my payments. That worked fine. The second year I was working but less than 19 hours. I did the same but got a letter back, saying that my claim was closed and I would have to renew it and they posted me a blue form. I filled it in and over a week later I got it back as it was the wrong form - I need to apply completely NEW (so I lost 2 weeks of my new claim). A suspension would only last 28 days. I asked where I can find information about the duration of a suspension and they could not tell me nor whether it is calendar days or working days. And they did not comment when I asked why the year before it was different. It took ages then last year to proceed the claim and about 2 months later talking to a collegue of mine who was in the exact same situation, I found that he merely had to send in a letter and got his payments reintated straight away. I was a bit annoyed and phoned them but of course they could not comment on that. I don't see why there is one rule for one and another for others.

They could make it so much easier for everyone including themselves. Of course it takes a lot longer to check and process an 16 (!) pages long new claim than just lifting a suspension for those who are laid off due to seasonal closure of businesses. Never mind the piles of paper wasted...

Did anyone here experience a suspension lately and how long or how easy was it to restore the claim?
    I think you just got very lucky the first year and it was a mistake,I can see why they would want a new application in if you didnt have the requirments from Dec- Mar.its a 52 week payment and going by your post it sounds like you werent doing the hours for a quarter of the time.

• Advertisement

I suppose you are right, Yabadabado. I just wished there was an easier and more efficient way of how claims are handled.:o

Hopefully the waiting will be over soon for my claim.

Thanks for your reply.:)

Nothing in account today:( i hope its next thursday. Things getting so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shazza69

Hi all,

Im new to this thread and have been reading with interest over the past while as I am waiting 14 weeks today renewal date 8th march and nothing in bank yet:( so rang dis morn and got a lovely man who said they working on the 8th at the minute and should have payment next thursday,so here's hoping. Did anyone get payment today that renewel was the 8th? Will keep u guys posted.. Really getting stressed with the long wait:mad:

Hi ya, im also the 8th march.maybe bank holiday slowed them down a little. I really hope its next thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm the 8/3 and no payment as yet.

That's no good news. I thought the 8th would be today and hopfully the 15th next week. I'm afraid I'm running out of friends I can borrow from, phone cut off and esb phoned twice already. :( Well, another great 2 weeks of wait ahead. Hope you guys on the 8th will be sorted next week.;)

They are finishing off the 8/3/12 claims now and will be moving onto 15/3/12 next week.A claim must be processed before close of business on a Tuesday to be paid into the bank on the Thursday,so most people on the 8/3/12 have been processed but not in time for todays payment.
    Also it can take up 3 weeks to process a full payment date.

Thanks yabadabado, hopefully will have payment next week

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Purdia

My renewal date is the 1st March and I am still waiting??? I noted that a couple of others who had the same renewal date were paid on the 31st May? I guess I will have to ring them to find out what has happened to mine :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Purdia

Purdia wrote: »
    My renewal date is the 1st March and I am still waiting??? I noted that a couple of others who had the same renewal date were paid on the 31st May? I guess I will have to ring them to find out what has happened to mine :mad:

Well I just rang, I was on hold for 18 minutes only to be put through and cut off!!! I am bloody raging :mad::mad::mad:

Do they think it is easy for people in our position to waste valuable money on phone calls to then be cut off like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 yammy mammy

It is so awful! My renewal date is the 15/03, and I think it will take another 2-3 weeks till I get something, what can we do, only to wait...

Hi All,

Hope everyone waiting on payment from the 8/3 has good news tomorrow including myself,even tho I owe all the back money on bills but at least might be able to sleep better :( please post if any news.

oh god i really hope so. Its been such a long wait borrowing from people and worrying about bills. I hope its in our accounts tomorrow.

Have just checked my bank and nothing oh I could cry so many bills and not a penny

mine is in my account thank god. so so relieved. I think that you should ring them this morni.ng

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no payment today,i rang yest and still on 8/3

bod68 wrote: »
    no payment today,i rang yest and still on 8/3

still on the 8th??,i'm the 15th:( hope its in for you next week:)

Morning Ladies,

Just to let yous know my backdated money was in bank this morning, renewel date 8/3, hope yous all get sorted very soon, load of my mind, can go and pay few bills now and sleep tonight:)

shazza69 wrote: »
    Morning Ladies,

Just to let yous know my backdated money was in bank this morning, renewel date 8/3, hope yous all get sorted very soon, load of my mind, can go and pay few bills now and sleep tonight:)

thats great!!delighted for you:)hopefully i'll get mine within the next week or 2:)

• Advertisement

anyone get their payment today?and what date are they on does anyone know?? thanks:)

Advertisement