Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whelo1

i think inspector drops out to you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

whelo1 wrote: »
    any idea what date renewals are on

see post 339.

jkee wrote: »
    Hi all.. pls just a quick question. Am a first time applicant and after 20 wks of waiting. I got a letter today dat i have an interview with an inspector. Does this mean dat d inspector makes a decision on my application or she is to get back o fis for dem to decide..thanking all response in advance
    Inspector does a report and returns the file to FIS for them to make the decision.It will be processed within a few days of the inspector returning the file to FIS,usually less than a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whelo1

yabadabado wrote: »
    Inspector does a report and returns the file to FIS for them to make the decision.It will be processed within a few days of the inspector returning the file to FIS,usually less than a week.

thanks yabadabado

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lisaos

Can't understand how KMscc got her Btscfa today even though i applied early june, and people who applied after me have it and when i rang they said won't have it till Fis renewal comes through, different rules for different people

• Advertisement

lisaos wrote: »
    Can't understand how KMscc got her Btscfa today even though i applied early june, and people who applied after me have it and when i rang they said won't have it till Fis renewal comes through, different rules for different people
    people who have had their Btscfa could have another qualifying payment.

Thanks maybe thats it, but got it last year even though i was awaiting Fis for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cara11

I reckon they might take a look at your claim again but it is set from the renewal date of application so it would be up to FIS to give it to you.you dont really have any grounds to appeal,as FIS have followed the rules.Give FIS a ring and talk to the person who did your claim and see is there anything that can be done.They might consider it but I dont think there is any way you would win an appeal.

Thanks, Yabadabado, I will give them a ring but as you said, I might not have a chance. Maybe next time I wait a week or two to have my One Parent Pmt changed before I send in my claim. It makes more sense to lose the payment of a week or two compared to 520 Euro.

But it is great to get a second opinion from you :), Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jkee

Thanks very much yabadabado...hope it comes through by next week just can't imagine myself waiting another 2weeks or more...

Thanks very much yabadabado...hope it comes through by next week just can't imagine myself waiting another 2weeks or more...
    has the inspector called to you yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jkee

has the inspector called to you yet ?

Not yet.. am seeing her on Friday and she asked me to bring rent agreement with me.. just wondering my accommodation is under RAS.. will that affect my claim?

Not yet.. am seeing her on Friday and she asked me to bring rent agreement with me.. just wondering my accommodation is under RAS.. will that affect my claim?

It wont affect your claim.If the inspector sends back the file asap you wont be waiting much more than a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kmscc wrote: »
    Got btscfa today :):) does that mean fis is sorted ?????
    Unfortunately not. I got btscfa last week in post office but not even thinking of Fis anymore, mine finished 23rd of may. I have at least another 4-6 weeks to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 babsrose

Hi Glyni got it today ! My date was 12/04. hope everyone else gets sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

babsrose wrote: »
    Hi Glyni got it today ! My date was 12/04. hope everyone else gets sorted soon

Delighted for you Babs. They really seem to be getting through them now. Your next Lisa hope you get sorted next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Hi, Do not have another payment, just waiting on the FIS, The reason i asked was another post said that the btscfa would not be paid until FIS was renewed !!!! The message on the phone service is still saying 20 wks,
    could not get through to talk to anyone....... my date is 23rd May, even though got a letter back dated the 8th May saying they recieved my renewal... What date do i count from??? I think it is mad we have to wait so long at this rate we would nearly want to apply 20wks before the FIS is due to finish......:confused::confused::confused::confused:

kmscc wrote: »
    Hi, Do not have another payment, just waiting on the FIS, The reason i asked was another post said that the btscfa would not be paid until FIS was renewed !!!! The message on the phone service is still saying 20 wks,
    could not get through to talk to anyone....... my date is 23rd May, even though got a letter back dated the 8th May saying they recieved my renewal... What date do i count from??? I think it is mad we have to wait so long at this rate we would nearly want to apply 20wks before the FIS is due to finish......:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    You got an acknowledgment on the 8/5/12 because your new application was recieved and registered a few days previous.If you were paid up until the 23/5/12 you count 20 weeks from the 24/5/12(its not fully 20weeks ,approx. 16 weeks at the moment)going on that info, your claim should be processed by 6/9/12.

It doesn't make any odds if you send a claim in 20 weeks in advance,they process the claims in end date order.

lisaos wrote: »
    Glyni, i rang again today and after 27 mins on hold i got through and they are on the 12th of April so you might be lucky this week, also rang BTSCFA and they won't give payment out this year until renewal has been approved, even though they did last year.. hope this helps and let us know if you get it :)
    I got the btscfa yesterday and i am still waiting for a decision from FIS,
    I am not getting any other payment... so i am hopeful that maybe the FIS
    is getting sorted... fingers crossed :p

My hubby only rang monday and they said as soon as payment came through id get Btscfa into my account , last year they gave it to me while i was awaiting fis, he rang last week about it too (because we applied weeks ago and got no reply) and they said ring this week if it wasn't in account and when we rang this week we were told the above, its annoying seem to be getting different answers everytime we ring. They lost our application for Btscfa last year and took 27 weeks for Fis to come through so keep expecting something to go wrong again this year. Hopefully we will here soon my renewal is 18th April

It is always the same with these things a lot depends on who you are speaking to,
    last year waited 23 weeks for FIS, got the btscfa the end of September,applied in June, got FIS 31st October, so that's why i am hoping FIS will be coming shortly

• Advertisement

Ill let you know if i get sorted next week, they do seem to be getting through them now again so hopefully won't be too long :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

i rang yesterday, they're on the 19 april now..

Look's like it will be another 6wks or so for me then........ it's not good enough!!!!
    not a happy camper.....

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

liz2 wrote: »
    i rang yesterday, they're on the 19 april now..
    Hi all, my date is 18/4, just wondering if anyone knows when can I expect to hear from them or get payment in bank?

They have finished the 19/4/12 and started 26/4/12 claims today.

Just got off phone to them, girl said they were working on 12/4 today??
    That was my sisters date and she got her back payment last Thursday.

teggers5 wrote: »

They are definitely working on renewal claims from 26/4/12.

They are definitely working on renewal claims from 26/4/12.

Should I have I received my payment by now then?
    Sorry for all the questions, just anxious to get this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Is the renewal date the date of you last payment or the first week without payment.

I.E I got my last payment on the 10th of May. Is the 17th my renewal date?

• Advertisement

Should I have I received my payment by now then?
    Sorry for all the questions, just anxious to get this sorted.
    you should have your payment in the next few days.I think they only finished processing that date today.
    jessiejam wrote: »
    Is the renewal date the date of you last payment or the first week without payment.

I.E I got my last payment on the 10th of May. Is the 17th my renewal date?
    Renewal date is 17th,you would be paid up to the 16/5/12.

Advertisement