Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I don't post anything that I wouldn't say to someones face:D

Well, apart from the odd rant about the mothership. I don't say those thinks to her face. Well I do sometimes. Other times I just scream them from inside my head:D:D

When I first started posting in TTC, I was paranoid people would figure out who I was....now I couldn't give a flying fupp:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I just accidentally swallowed some chewing gum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I got my provisional license...yesterday! My younger brother has been teaching me to drive. Gonna start getting proper lessons now next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I don't post anything that I wouldn't say to someones face:D

Well, apart from the odd rant about the mothership. I don't say those thinks to her face. Well I do sometimes. Other times I just scream them from inside my head:D:D

When I first started posting in TTC, I was paranoid people would figure out who I was....now I couldn't give a flying fupp:D:D

posting in wha?
    I just accidentally swallowed some chewing gum.

I always swallow.

Gum.
    With a G.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Do I have to close my account and open a new one or is there a way of changing my username and keeping all my posts etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Do I have to close my account and open a new one or is there a way of changing my username and keeping all my posts etc.?

you pay money to subscribe or become a mod
    then they will do a name change

bluewolf wrote: »
    posting in wha?

I always swallow.

Gum.
    With a G.

Trying to conceive....its where you go when a boy and a girl really love each other, and want to rub privates. Then the stork brings a baby.

Also, spitting is rude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

My fiance taught me to drive about 2 years ago.
    Had one lesson, found my fiance a better teacher. Plus we got to find secret places to celebrate !!

Did Ella Bella's sister get any more news?
    I am terrible for keeping up with threads, pain in the arse reading them on my phone..

you pay money to subscribe or become a mod
    then they will do a name change

Ah I see. I'll look into it. Thanks bluewolf. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Someone please give me some Nurofen plus! My lower front teeth have two nasty, excrutiatingly painful abcesses and my lower right incisor is so sensitive that even drinking room temp water brings tears to my eyes.
    *whimpers* Tried to eat a chicken ceasur salad for lunch and I was dying.
    I bought a new pair of jeans- size 22 but although they're the same make as the ones I have on me (New Look Inspire bootcut), they're a good bit snugger than usual. I hope I haven't put on weight. D:
    I also bought two new tops and a pair of leopard print 70's style flared trousers. They're awesome but I have to find a nice pair of flats to wear them out with.

Going down to my dad on Sunday. Not looking forward to it but it's part of the whole "visit twice a year to keep him happy" shtick so I'll just grit my teeth and try not to scream whilst he constantly whinges about every trivial little thing. I'd suggest we go see The Dark Knight Rises but, like last time, he'd most likely complain of having no money to do anything other than laze in front of the tv... *groans*

• Advertisement

Trying to conceive....its where you go when a boy and a girl really love each other, and want to rub privates. Then the stork brings a baby.

Also, spitting is rude

I'm not down with the lingo :(
    DD DS XY ZZ
    :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Edit: How does one actually go about doing this?
    It's only a fiver to subscribe for a month and then you get a lovely new username, should you wish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I hope it doesn't rain! :( I just hung out a washing....

Can't believe how late it is already :O should start making the stuffing for the roast chicken. :cool:

I'm not down with the lingo :(
    DD DS XY ZZ
    :p

Oh no. A DS is for playing Mario. DD are my boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Watching old episodes of Sabrina The Teenage Witch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Watching old episodes of Sabrina The Teenage Witch :)

Yesterday I decided I am going to get the boxset for my birthday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Sitting here covered in calamine lotion! My rash hasn't gone down but at least I'm not at work until tomorrow at 5.30.

Looking up job opertunities in Canad-ia as I call it... going to be a while when I arrive over there before I will get works I think. I'm not disheartened though, it'll be a challange!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/sevenkittens

lookit how big the kittehs got!

Posy wrote: »
    It's only a fiver to subscribe for a month and then you get a lovely new username, should you wish! :)

Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I guessed that that's what TTC stood for, but I don't understand why it's private.

Such a rough couple of days - the pain killers I took made me severely tired, so slept for more than an hour yesterday evening, then slept for about 10 hours last night. I took my anti biotic before breakfast this morning, and just as I was about to eat breakfast, I took the other pain killers, which are meant to be taken with food, and nearly threw up. I'm guessing it's from the lack of food over the past day...I only managed jelly yesterday evening. Awful feeling. Then after eating, started to feel sick again, think it's because it wasn't enough food, so I ate again. And now I feel wrecked again :( Little pain though so yay :)

It's slowing me down a lot, but think I'm better to leave my running for today too :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

Off for couple days from work, weather is shocking here so have been watching season 7 criminal minds. Great show

on learning to drive i was late learner to, it was great feeling to get test. Finding an instructor you feel comfortable with is so important. I took 15 lessons as had been on provisional for while and had some shocking habits. Love driving now

After I took my test I drove straight out onto the motorway almost causing an accident as I was so giddy.

That's the brutal thing about our system: no motorway lessons.

After I took my test I drove straight out onto the motorway almost causing an accident as I was so giddy.

I nearly rear ended a guy coming out of the test centre:pac:

I actually hit a cirb doing my test. I'm not sure how it panned out but it was either hit that or hit a child.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I guessed that that's what TTC stood for, but I don't understand why it's private.

Such a rough couple of days - the pain killers I took made me severely tired, so slept for more than an hour yesterday evening, then slept for about 10 hours last night. I took my anti biotic before breakfast this morning, and just as I was about to eat breakfast, I took the other pain killers, which are meant to be taken with food, and nearly threw up. I'm guessing it's from the lack of food over the past day...I only managed jelly yesterday evening. Awful feeling. Then after eating, started to feel sick again, think it's because it wasn't enough food, so I ate again. And now I feel wrecked again :( Little pain though so yay :)

It's slowing me down a lot, but think I'm better to leave my running for today too :/

Because I wouldn't discuss cervical mucus/spotting/period pains/ovulation testing/sore boobs/timed sex/peeing on sticks with the person behind me in the que in tesco:confused:

I actually hit a cirb doing my test. I'm not sure how it panned out but it was either hit that or hit a child.

My hands sweated for the entire test and my clutch foot HOPPED with nerves for the duration:o
    I have difficulty with my left and right and I had to ask the instructor to do hand signals for me:pac:
    I've since gotten better with my left and right...something to do with turning 30 and my son either laughing or rolling his eyes at me:pac:

yeah i got my grandfather to keep accompanying me and helping me with the motorway stuff after i passed
    I nearly rear ended a guy coming out of the test centre:pac:

orly

tired and hungry and dizzy zzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Because I wouldn't discuss cervical mucus/spotting/period pains/ovulation testing/sore boobs/timed sex/peeing on sticks with the person behind me in the que in tesco:confused:

Hmmm, fair point. However many of those things are discussed in the Pregnancy forum and in the LadyGardening thread in this forum, so it just seemed a bit odd to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I would imagine that most people posting on TTC would rather not have people they know stumble across their posts, some people love nothing more than to gossip especially if there might be difficulties involved.

• Advertisement

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Hmmm, fair point. However many of those things are discussed in the Pregnancy forum and in the LadyGardening thread in this forum, so it just seemed a bit odd to me.

Well of course they're discussed on the pregnancy forum. I was only messing about the stork bit:pac:

I suppose when you're long term trying and there are losses along the way, it can be a lot more personal and private.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement