Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Love the fact that Im 20 and my Dad still brings me hone sweets for before dinner and tell me to hide them from Mam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Very happy to hear about your sister Ella Bella. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ella Bella wrote: »
    So my sis has a virus behind her ear and not a brain bleed like that silly doctor said. She's getting out this evening. Yay :)
    That is fantastic news. You must be so relieved! xxx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

That must be such a relief ella bella, I'm so glad for you and your sis. Def do zumba then takeaway. The food will taste all the better after.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Zumba done, don't feel like eating now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Zumba done, don't feel like eating now :p

More room for wine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm torn. Should I be sensible and just have a nice glass of tonic water and Robinson's lemon or should I indulge myself and have a cosmo? *fretting*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Ugh.

:( one of those days :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My bf just coached me through a totally punishing weights workout. My muscles are still shaking!
    probably at the shock of the first bit of exercise this year :P

thats a good sign,I did a leg workout today and I'm still in pain :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Mmm Key Lime Pie, I'm being such a piggy today, back to being good tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Urgh, I feel really under the weather and my ear is killing me. No idea why, I've never had an ear infection but I suppose there's always a first time *sigh*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So a while back I was saying that my hair was falling out at a scary rate. Well it didn't stop and I have a little bald patch on my temple now. So I went to the doctor today and I maybe might have PCOS.

Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Das Kitty wrote: »
    So a while back I was saying that my hair was falling out at a scary rate. Well it didn't stop and I have a little bald patch on my temple now. So I went to the doctor today and I maybe might have PCOS.

Nuts.

They were talking about PCOS on Ireland AM this morning. Maybe check out the 3player. Might be helpful to you.

Larianne wrote: »
    They were talking about PCOS on Ireland AM this morning. Maybe check out the 3player. Might be helpful to you.

I know all about it from friends with it. I had suspected before with my irregular painless periods, but I kinda decided today that I'd like to know upfront before we TTC (there's that acronym again!) in the next couple of years.

Does PCOS not cause painful periods?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm assuming that was a typo. That's crap if that what it is, Das. Hopefully, it's something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

when i used the toilet cleaner at home, i didnt realise my mother had filled it with bleach. The result of this is a splash of bleach all over the end of my new jeans. can i save then somehow.. bleach all, tie dye... or just chuck them out.

I welcome any ideas to save them.

Thanks..:mad:

Nuts.
    I'm not really up on this. What does it mean and how will it affect you? Does it go away?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Does PCOS not cause painful periods?

Sometimes, but normally it makes them lighter because you're not actually ovulating. I get pains in my sides around ovulation time, it was particularly awful this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Nuts.

Wow, that bites. I hope you are okay and that it is easy to resolve :(

On another note <clears voice, starts singing> This is the week that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend...

• Advertisement

There's no real cure for it but the fact that Das is fit and healthy and slim and has a good diet, is awesome. They are huge factors in controlling it.

Sometimes, but normally it makes them lighter because you're not actually ovulating. I get pains in my sides around ovulation time, it was particularly awful this month.

I always associated it with painful/heavy periods.

Are you ok? x

I'm not really up on this. What does it mean and how will it affect you? Does it go away?

It means that I have lots of eggs ripening but none releasing. It's a hormonal thing where you have slightly more male hormone than you should. So hairy faces and balding (although my face is baby smooth).

Normally they put you on the pill and it evens it out.

Difficult but not impossible to conceive if you can get your ovaries to play ball.

Like, I'm not overly worried. I have a kid and I'm delighted with him. Kinda want to keep my head hair and not grow a beard though. That'd be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Hope you're alright, Das Kitty. I've heard many a horror story about PCOS. *pets and gives chocolate*

It means that I have lots of eggs ripening but none releasing. It's a hormonal thing where you have slightly more male hormone than you should. So hairy faces and balding (although my face is baby smooth).

Normally they put you on the pill and it evens it out.

Difficult but not impossible to conceive if you can get your ovaries to play ball.

Like, I'm not overly worried. I have a kid and I'm delighted with him. Kinda want to keep my head hair and not grow a beard though. That'd be nice.
    So we could put you in a circus in a few years? :pac:

McChubbin wrote: »
    Hope you're alright, Das Kitty. I've heard many a horror story about PCOS. *pets and gives chocolate*

I never listen to horror stories about health. They're mostly wildly exaggerated.

I might not even have it. Sure we'll wait and see.

Maybe I should grow a big beard. It's a career!

:eek::eek:!!!!

Although....

''Hot bald woman with beard teaches cute kid to dance with giant transformers''......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Not an unreasonable request, I don't think :)

Hopefully it'll be easily managed, if that's even what it is. It could be something far more simple, right?

• Advertisement

Not an unreasonable request, I don't think :)

Hopefully it'll be easily managed, if that's even what it is. It could be something far more simple, right?

It could be a B12 or Iron deficiency, although that's just for the gruaig problem. (and I doubt it because I tear into red meat and take B12).

It could also be just one of those things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement