Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FEEDBACK] any suggestions on how to improve the forum? post them here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

I would ask the Mods for a solution to the very serious business of complaining ...mostly by sellers who use this forum for one thing only selling items for a mark up on what they bought them for from another Airsofter, Im so sick and tired of these lads complaing about delayed payments and non meeting ...if you want to sell gear please rent a small property and sell thru those means. Half of the time you buy a piece of equipment and it doesnt stand up to what was described ......its a sinking ship and i didnt invite the rainy day mate ...i just own the best umbrella ..which is why i can see this becoming a huge problem ...no one will buy from whineing moaning sellers who want items bought at this time on this day of this month and they have to understand were gamers but we also have lives and that always takes precedence ...i have a great new camo barrett ...but im living on the street ...seriously lads its a big thing but never brought up.

Many Thanks

War-child

id just like to share an observation ive had regarding certain mods on the airsoft forums ....in the link i will post it seems the mods are more comfortable handing out warnings and infractions , as indicated by the following link the op indicates twice he is having trouble posting pictures of his saleable item , but to his and my own dismay the mod never steps in to help with the process, instead opts to adopt the tyranical posturing of i am MOD hear me roar by warning and snipping never once offering assistance ..should we moderate the mods or would be moderated for moderating the moderators where does it end.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056610232

Whilst i understand that some of your mods are volunteers offering their time freely are they not still a representative of Boards.ie and bad feeling towards individuals flexing their muscles would ultimatly reflect badly on Boards itself.

Thanks for Reading

War_child

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Sorry, but I would not agree at all with this observation.

Firstly I think the Airsoft Mods all do a great job and all Moderators are volunteers, so have a life away from boards.

The thread you picked showed a poster list an item for sale at 13:40 and a bump just 4 hours later at 17:41. Poster joined Boards.ie 4 months before that post, so not a noob.

A Mod advised that 24 hours is the minimum between bump posts and that poster should read charter.

Poster is back 3 hours later asking how to posts pics. That is a question for the help desk not the Airsoft forum. Or the poster could have PM'ed a Mod re posting pics.

Less then 24 hours later and poster is back with another "bump". So they obvisously chose to ignore a warning from a forum moderator. Never a good thing to do. A cynic might see this as a way of bumping a post back up to the top of the first page ;)

They had been warned already, so they got a yellow card, which is just like a tap on the shoulder to say "you were already told about bumping". Poster didn't get infracted or banned, so I really don't see what the issue here is.

Then the poster wants to start "facebooking" another member re the item for sale, so off thread dealing and showning that the advice to read the forum charter was indeed ignored.

You honestly think this poster was hard done by???

I don't think any of the Airsoft Mods could be accused of using their "Mod Powers" too freely tbh. The amount of BOLD Type posts or the issuing of infractions or bans from the Mods are fairly sparse and IMHO I have never seen one that was not warranted.

A Mods job is to keep their forums ticking over and keep the peace. It is not that of a babysitter.
    war_child wrote: »
    id just like to share an observation ive had regarding certain mods on the airsoft forums ....in the link i will post it seems the mods are more comfortable handing out warnings and infractions , as indicated by the following link the op indicates twice he is having trouble posting pictures of his saleable item , but to his and my own dismay the mod never steps in to help with the process, instead opts to adopt the tyranical posturing of i am MOD hear me roar by warning and snipping never once offering assistance ..should we moderate the mods or would be moderated for moderating the moderators where does it end.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056610232

Whilst i understand that some of your mods are volunteers offering their time freely are they not still a representative of Boards.ie and bad feeling towards individuals flexing their muscles would ultimatly reflect badly on Boards itself.

Thanks for Reading

War_child

Sorry, but I would not agree at all with this observation.

Firstly I think the Airsoft Mods all do a great job and all Moderators are volunteers, so have a life away from boards.

The thread you picked showed a poster list an item for sale at 13:40 and a bump just 4 hours later at 17:41. Poster joined Boards.ie 4 months before that post, so not a noob.

A Mod advised that 24 hours is the minimum between bump posts and that poster should read charter.

Poster is back 3 hours later asking how to posts pics. That is a question for the help desk not the Airsoft forum. Or the poster could have PM'ed a Mod re posting pics.

Less then 24 hours later and poster is back with another "bump". So they obvisously chose to ignore a warning from a forum moderator. Never a good thing to do. A cynic might see this as a way of bumping a post back up to the top of the first page wink.gif

They had been warned already, so they got a yellow card, which is just like a tap on the shoulder to say "you were already told about bumping". Poster didn't get infracted or banned, so I really don't see what the issue here is.

Then the poster wants to start "facebooking" another member re the item for sale, so off thread dealing and showning that the advice to read the forum charter was indeed ignored.

You honestly think this poster was hard done by???

I don't think any of the Airsoft Mods could be accused of using their "Mod Powers" too freely tbh. The amount of BOLD Type posts or the issuing of infractions or bans from the Mods are fairly sparse and IMHO I have never seen one that was not warranted.

A Mods job is to keep their forums ticking over and keep the peace. It is not that of a babysitter

Firstly Tommy i said it was an observation and i used one example there have been more but to take time from my day to copy and paste them all in to one comment is something i am unwiling to do.

My point i was making was instead of using the mod powers to infract or even to warn would it not have been more productive to assist the person in question in getting their pictures up so HE DIDNT have to use facebook to see the picture.

And as you pointed out "A Mods job is to keep their forums ticking over and keep the peace." In that very sentence you point out a mods role on his forum and surely assistance is part of that remit. And by using the word babysit, not once did i say he had to walk him thru each and every step maybe he was trying to load from phone or maybe some other form of device that wouldnt allow in which the moderator could have easily pointed out this fact...

And to end in Answer to your question of him being hard done by ...in regards to the bumping no ....but in regards to the facebook comment i think yes ..As with assistance from the mod there would have been no need to take the item off thread for the simple purpose of viewing ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thank you for the feedback war_child, duly noted.
    war_child wrote: »
    Firstly Tommy i said it was an observation and i used one example there have been more but to take time from my day to copy and paste them all in to one comment is something i am unwiling to do.
    I have a problem with that comment and it is this:
    You (in general) expect mods to be at your beck and call to help you out with stuff - which we do on a daily basis - yet you (in particular) are choosing to give feedback in a very general manner because you can't be bothered to take time out to go and collect a few examples of what you are talking about.

Look, mods are volunteers here, we do this in our spare time, we go to great lengths to investigate every reported post and try and deal with it in as fair a manner as we can. We don't claim to be internet 'gods' and we certainly don't claim to never get things wrong - we do - and we deal with that.

All I'm asking here is that if you want to be critical of all the time we put in here then please put some effort in to make a valid case - if you are (as you admitted above) unwilling to do that then, respectfully, please keep your generalisations to yourself. :)

If you truly have a grievance with any of the mods here then you should make contact with a cmod and raise the issue with them.

If, however, there is something that we can fix locally then this is the place for it - but - as I said - you need to take some time and present some facts.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

appreciate your response steve ...and regards to the beck and call comment i move that Boards.ie facilitate the people who use this site with greater power in editing their specific adverts

...as while this is a forum the items being sold are personal therefore the sole property of those advertising so by association the advert they place should be treated as such ...by offering (US) the postee the option to edit our threads and particularly the heading and also the status which is what i have had personal difficulty with would free moderators up to keep their forums running smoothly ...As you have pointed out your time is donated and obviously you have lives outside of boards ..but having to wait for a mod to come on to rectify simple things that should be made available to the person who posts restrains the speed in which items can be sold.

But thankfully as my last thread is now closed and i no longer have anything i need to buy or sell in regards to airsoft i am quite happy to say you may continue on your happy way of modding as it does not affect me at all.

Be good
    war_child

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The 'editing your own thread' permission time-out is a feature of vBulletin, the software behind boards.ie, and is a site-wide setting so there's not much we can do about that.

We can only do our best to keep the forum running within the limitations of the framework we have. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭adamj1980

Just a suggestion, why not set an iPhone app, where people who dnt have instant access to a laptop, can access the forum and also upload pics, the current system doesnt allow it when your using a phone.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

adamj1980 wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, why not set an iPhone app, where people who dnt have instant access to a laptop, can access the forum and also upload pics, the current system doesnt allow it when your using a phone.?

Why not use something like the photobucket app to upload photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭adamj1980

Why not use something like the photobucket app to upload photos?
    Tried it, doesn't work, keeps shutting off when I try and register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

imageshack also have an app (albeit not as slick as photobucket).

Or you could register online with photobucket first :)

I've heard that the boards developers may have something in the pipeline for this but it's probably a long way off, not sure where it would be on their list of priorities.
    In the meantime, if you're using a mobile that doesn't allow you post pics then pm a mod, we now have a means to accommodate that.

The forum rules thread has been revised, new version is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698847

If you spot any errors or obvious omissions then please let us know here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thurman

Steve nice improvements and clarifications but how can boards ebforce these rules about honouring your committment to buy\sell realistically? Twice now I've had people dick me about with the same item for sale, offering and agreeing to make payment or meet and not showing up or not bothering to pay and a week later withdrawing, a suspension for multiple occurances seems like its not really a scantion after all they can just set up a new account can they not?

Also what right does boards have to enforce prices? If someone is willing to offer more than someone else or offer more than the current asking price then why should we as sellers not take the better offer? I know its not ebay but still we should have the right to accept any offer regardless of price unless we make an agreement with someone first. So if I'm selling for 50 and someone offers 50 but someone offers 55 I should have the right to take the highest bid if I want to

Hi,
    thurman wrote: »
    Steve nice improvements and clarifications but how can boards ebforce these rules about honouring your committment to buy\sell realistically? Twice now I've had people dick me about with the same item for sale, offering and agreeing to make payment or meet and not showing up or not bothering to pay and a week later withdrawing, a suspension for multiple occurances seems like its not really a scantion after all they can just set up a new account can they not?
    Two things there:
    1. If you report when this happens then we'll take note of it or issue warnings for timewasting. If someone does it on an ongoing basis and / or ignores the warnings then they get banned.

2. If they create a new account, it's not long before the system picks them up and they then get banned from all of boards, not just the adverts forum. Re-reg hunts are part of the job as a mod so to speak.
    Also what right does boards have to enforce prices? If someone is willing to offer more than someone else or offer more than the current asking price then why should we as sellers not take the better offer? I know its not ebay but still we should have the right to accept any offer regardless of price unless we make an agreement with someone first. So if I'm selling for 50 and someone offers 50 but someone offers 55 I should have the right to take the highest bid if I want to
    Boards has absolutely no right to dictate what price you sell your items for, nor do we ever try. It's up to you to pick what you think is a fair price and stick to that, nobody is forcing you to drop it.

We do, however, have the right to enforce a set of rules that have been proven to work as a fair method of community based selling for over 8 years now.

If you want an auction, go to ebay/donedeal/buyandsell/add/dodo/deals/youtrade/eireads/onandgone/sellsellsell amongst the hundreds of other adverts sites up there and deal with all the scammers, timewasters, heavy breathers ringing the phone number you publish, nutjobs, lack of mods that give a crap and, in most cases, you actually have to pay them for the privilege of listing your ads there and availing of their excellent services.

If you want to use this forum, you are most welcome to do so for free, the only condition is you follow our rules. If you feel the rules don't suit you then, as I said, there are hundreds of other places you can sell your stuff - best of luck with that. :)

Steve wrote: »

Boards has absolutely no right to dictate what price you sell your items for, nor do we ever try. It's up to you to pick what you think is a fair price and stick to that, nobody is forcing you to drop it.

if we accept a lower offer and that deal falls though then in my opinion that lower asking rice is no longer valid. it was a price agreed through two individuals and as that deal is not on teh able it should IMO revert to teh original asking price as the agrement for teh lower price no longer exists. at teh end of the day if teh buyer cant be forced to pay that lower price after they have backed out why should we be forced to now sell at that lower price because of some tyre kicker?

I also think that if someone withdraws a day or two after an agreement is reached then ok they are given teh benifit of teh doubt but to make an agreement and withdraw a week or two later? that's just dicking people about and tehy acocunt shouldnt be watchd, immediate scanctions should be put in place.

i agree its your site your rules but you cant enforce one set of rules and not another. if i'm forced to sell at a lower agreed selling price even though that deal has fallen through then the original purchaser should be forced to pay me the agreed price any not allowed to withdraw. if they are allowed to withdraw then teh seller should be allowed to put the price back to teh original asking price. its only fair. and at leas a seller who has had is time wasted wont feel hard done by

as for auctions, if someone is willing to pay more then why shouldnt we be allowed to sell once we're not backing out of a previous agreed sale?

if we accept a lower offer and that deal falls though then in my opinion that lower asking rice is no longer valid. it was a price agreed through two individuals and as that deal is not on teh able it should IMO revert to teh original asking price as the agrement for teh lower price no longer exists. at teh end of the day if teh buyer cant be forced to pay that lower price after they have backed out why should we be forced to now sell at that lower price because of some tyre kicker?

I also think that if someone withdraws a day or two after an agreement is reached then ok they are given teh benifit of teh doubt but to make an agreement and withdraw a week or two later? that's just dicking people about and tehy acocunt shouldnt be watchd, immediate scanctions should be put in place.

i agree its your site your rules but you cant enforce one set of rules and not another. if i'm forced to sell at a lower agreed selling price even though that deal has fallen through then the original purchaser should be forced to pay me the agreed price any not allowed to withdraw. if they are allowed to withdraw then teh seller should be allowed to put the price back to teh original asking price. its only fair. and at leas a seller who has had is time wasted wont feel hard done by
    Look, I'm taking all this on board - that's the point of this thread.
    I agree that timewasters are a pain in the nuts and we possibly need to come down harder on them. It's going to be a matter of finding a way of doing it so that is fair to everyone involved.

Leave this with me and I'll discuss it with the other mods, in the meantime if anyone else has opinions on it then feel free to offer them. :)
    as for auctions, if someone is willing to pay more then why shouldnt we be allowed to sell once we're not backing out of a previous agreed sale?
    That's not up for discussion at all, sorry, we tried it years ago on adverts.ie and it was a massive failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

I agree with the point that if you accept a lower offer that you should be able to put it back to full price in the event of a tyre kicker unless a 2nd / 3rd ect buyer comes along willing to go next in line within say a day or 2
    I also agree with the point that time wasters should be kicked out for even a week or two to teach them a lesson I know how the op feels it happened me a couple of times
    With regards to taking a higher bid i find that unfair to the person that offers the asking price you state if you want a higher price state it in your ad and dont lower it
    No matter where you go there will always be chancers either buying or selling
    I have noticed that the mods are after these people very quickly of late fair play to them .... but you have to remember they volunteer here and cant see everything that goes on and a little help from the rest of us makes it a better place to buy and sell your stuff

Ok I'll accept the bidding bit grudgingly :) . If someone offers the asking price you put up then done deal unless there's a compelling reason not to acccept this persons offer. Ie you've had bad history with them or there's evidence they're a bad buyer. Buy maybe you need to support your refusal or pm a mod to state why you won't deal. But that's extra hassle for the mods.

But that aside if some offers your asking then you should accept that. But if you strike a deal for a lower price and that falls down then it should go back to the original price unless you as the op specifically state you are dropping the asking price.

In my case I dropped my price as I needed cash to fund something else so I wanted a quick sale. Now a month on my need isn't there so I'm not willing to take a lower price. Hence why I've withdrawn the sale now.

Not sure about the next in line bit hadn't considered it to be honest. Ok I can see the point that if you accept a lower price and someone goes next in line that they're assuming its next in line at that price. But according to the rules you can refuse any offer so can you refuse the next in line at the lower price? If it reverted back to the original price and someone was next in line then I can see that causing confusion or may cause people not to go next in line and cause a loss of sales etc. Tough call I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Do you honestly believe anyone would offer more, when there's evidence of you having agreed a lower price? I wouldn't, and nor would most others. If you agreed a price of €50 on your thread with another user, and they backed out and you put your price back up, I'd simply quote the part of "Deal agreed @ €50" and offer you that. Sure you could say no, but I think you'd be shít-out-of-luck on getting more, hence why the lower price becomes asking.

It also stops sellers dicking around buyers, in my opinion. Rules have to be here where money is involved, and they must be stringent. No one can make anyone pay for anything. Boards.ie is not a Gestapo made up of muscle-bound bounty hunters, so they're not in a position to knock on the time-waster's door and shake him by the ankles until the money drops out. It's part and parcel of selling gear. Personally I like adverts.ie methods, and whereas Airsoft Adverts is a little...ineffective, the rules are sound in my opinion...it's just unfortunate that it's filled with people who haven't a clue about worth, value or depreciation :(

• Advertisement

Inari wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe anyone would offer more, when there's evidence of you having agreed a lower price? I wouldn't, and nor would most others. If you agreed a price of €50 on your thread with another user, and they backed out and you put your price back up, I'd simply quote the part of "Deal agreed @ €50" and offer you that. Sure you could say no, but I think you'd be shít-out-of-luck on getting more, hence why the lower price becomes asking.

It also stops sellers dicking around buyers, in my opinion. Rules have to be here where money is involved, and they must be stringent. No one can make anyone pay for anything. Boards.ie is not a Gestapo made up of muscle-bound bounty hunters, so they're not in a position to knock on the time-waster's door and shake him by the ankles until the money drops out. It's part and parcel of selling gear. Personally I like adverts.ie methods, and whereas Airsoft Adverts is a little...ineffective, the rules are sound in my opinion...it's just unfortunate that it's filled with people who haven't a clue about worth, value or depreciation :(
    But if theres something on sale in a shop say €75 a month after the sale i go into the shop and the same item is back to full price of say €100 I cant say im only paying €75 as thats all it was last month ill be told hard luck it€100 now take it or leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MurtB32

A cover pic when you click on a thread

grapeape wrote: »
    But if theres something on sale in a shop say €75 a month after the sale i go into the shop and the same item is back to full price of say €100 I cant say im only paying €75 as thats all it was last month ill be told hard luck it€100 now take it or leave it
    Ok, have you actually read what you just said?

In the shop you'd be told to take a hike wheras here the price must be honoured.

Which is better?

Steve wrote: »
    Ok, have you actually read what you just said?

In the shop you'd be told to take a hike wheras here the price must be honoured.

Which is better?
    Depends if your the buyer or the seller

@inari I see your point and as a buyer I'd act just as you have suggested. The reason I brought it up was. Someone offered me 75 then backed out almost 2 weeks after agreeing to buy. Then someone offered 80. Two weeks after that they backed out so I posted that it was back on sale. Steve then posted that the price was 75. I personally don't agree. I think the asking price stays at the original asking and its up to anyone interested in buying to make a lower offer, if the offer the price that previously fell through as most would then that's fine its up to me to say yay or nay, but boards shouldn't dictate that the price is now the lower price.

@grapeape everything you say is right under retail law etc but then making a commitment to purchase in writing as happens here could also legally be considered a contract and if we start going down that road then we'll find stuff not being sold.

Can I ask why boards and not adverts is used? Is it a legal thing or just the "no knives" thing of adverts that prevents it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

@ Thurman
    If what your saying is true then in effect yourself and that other user have already offered above the new asking and you accepting counts as profiteering.
    But that aside as a seller (and I've never sold anything on boards only traded) you have rules on this forum that you accepted when you create your account like you would on any other site and as much as we are given the option here to discuss said rules we can't keep bringing it up. How would you feel if boards brought in the system your interested in but your role is reversed as the buyer and you offer asking on an item and someone comes in and says I'll give you something plus cash that works out as a better deal for the seller. I would hazard a guess you would feel hard done by as you offered asking.
    With regards people pricing things on boards is a different matter as what seems to be common practice these days is "well I know I'm gonna get a few tyre kickers" so when they make their add "I'm gonna ask for €100 but accept €75 and sure if I get €80 sure how bad it's money in my pocket", so how about under the charter you close that thread and create a new one and ask €80 and don't go any lower or put more info into 1st post like will only sell to over 18, meet up only, no post, no trade, etc., etc. Should get rid of alot of tyre kickers and time wasters.
    I'm based in cork myself so when I see someone from up the country stipulate meet up only cash only I dont even bother enquiring so if you have had problems with your thread it's probably because it wasn't well laid out or explained. It's like you wanna buy a car off the Internet, would you wanna buy a car that has 2 pics and says drive like new or one that has 12 and details as long as this post?
    Not having a go at you bud but have seen alot of threads pop up lately that are very badly laid out and yet it has been asked numerous times for a kind of format to use like in other forum websites and only recently did a rough template get drawn up (thanks Steve)
    So rather than pick on the one bad egg from one thread as I have seen the user your on about pullout from one or 2 sales and in one he gave a reason as to why he did, I understand it must be frustrating to finally have your item sold and that money already spent and then have someone pull out but I have also had offered on many items in the past and never received more from the seller after he accepting offers I can think of 3 such cases in the last 12 months, so take it on the chin and learn from it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

I am a buyer on the Airsoft Adverts forum and personally I think that the current rules are fine. I am with Inari here, there is no way I am offering a price higher than was offered to another poster for a particular item. Also it is hard enough to keep track of asking prices at present between multiple sales threads, items being offered in other wanted or "for trade" threads, without the asking price being raised back to the original asking price each time a deal falls through. Personally I thinks this would drive folks away from the forum.

And I don't think you can compare buying from a shop in a sale to buying second hand off an online site.

Again, personally as I buyer, when I see something advertsied that I may be interested in, I will look at a number of things before I make an offer.
    • I will check the number of posts the advertiser has on Boards.ie and how active the are on the Airsoft forums. I would be very wary of dealing with anybody with a low post count or new to the forum.
    • I will then check any other sales threads that they had to see how they conducted themselves.
    • I will then look in the feed back thread to see if and what type of feed back the have received previously.
    • I will also check for posts in other posters wanted/for trade threads to see if the item has been offered at a cheaper price anywhere else.
    • Finally I perfer to deal face to face, so the seller would need to be somewhere where a meet up could be arranged and be prepared to meet half way.
    If I was selling I would perform the same checks and try to ensure that I am dealing with somebody reputable (i.e. been on boards for a while, active on the Airsoft forum and with good feedback).

Also I would have 3 prices in mind for the item I was selling.
    • My asking price. This would include wiggle room for negotiations.
    • The price I hope to get. This would be what I considered to be a fair price for the item I am selling, given its condition, age etc.
    • My rock bottom price. The least amount I would be prepared to accept for this item. If I am bargained to this point, this will be my cutoff.
    It can be just as frustrating as a buyer when you find an item for sale on the forum for a higher price than it has been purchased for previously on the forum. Or items being advertsied as in "perfect" condition but on further questioning you find out that this is not actually the truth, or worse still, you find out after you get home and have handed over your money. Or items being withdrawn with no explanation or even being marked as sold, where the sale occurred off thread (to a mate or other).

So buyers are not the only ones who can be mucked about, and I think the Airsoft forum provides a great resource for buying/selling/trading Airsoft equipment. The onus is on all of us, buyers and sellers to spend some time and do a little research into who we are dealing with. This I feel might cut out/down on the bad experiences. And if you are messed about by anybody, then report it to the Moderators and leave feed back outlining your experience with that poster. That way the reputable buyers and sellers help each other out.

Totally agree with tommy knocker here we as users can make this forum better

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    @ Thurman
    If what your saying is true then in effect yourself and that other user have already offered above the new asking and you accepting counts as profiteering.
    no because the original asking price was not reached, and though the lower price was agreed with one person, that contract was voided by their not completing the sale. as no new contract has been entered into teh original price stands. Also if said item is being sold at less than i originally purchased (in my case over €100 new) then i cant be profiteering from the sale. in theory.
    But that aside as a seller (and I've never sold anything on boards only traded) you have rules on this forum that you accepted when you create your account like you would on any other site and as much as we are given the option here to discuss said rules we can't keep bringing it up.
    actually we can keep bringing up the rules, thats why this is a feedback thread if we couldnt keep brining it up there would be no feedback thread.

How would you feel if boards brought in the system your interested in but your role is reversed as the buyer and you offer asking on an item and someone comes in and says I'll give you something plus cash that works out as a better deal for the seller. I would hazard a guess you would feel hard done by as you offered asking.

like i said, i aqccept the no bidding thing, if askin is offered then unless the seller has a compelling reason to refuse then it goes to the first person offering the asking price. now if i wear the hat of a buyer as you suggest and given your example yes i may feel hard done by, IF i had offered the full selling price. but if i wear the hat as a seller and I have two offers that come in one shortly after the other, then I personally feel I should be allowed accept either offer. the rules suggets otherwise and so be it.

@Tommyknocker. I take you points and if i have any items to buy/sell from now on I'll follow it. I have acted as a buyer here and to be frank its been a good experience, One item was recieved within a day or so, and the other teh seller has agreed to wait for me to meet him as i was away on vacation.
    Totally agree with tommy knocker here we as users can make this forum better .

i find this statement bizar, because unless i misunderstood you, in your response to me you said i shouldnt be bringing stuff up, but how can we as users make it better if we cant raise what we see as an issue? like i said i may have misunderstood your previous statement.

• Advertisement

Sorry now to bud if you read the title this is how to improve the forum not keep questioning the rules
    As for you you paying 100 and never using doesn't mean you get 100 and as the rules state that if you accept a lower offer that becomes the new asking so in affect you accepting the next offer is profiteering but I'd they came so close together two weeks apart I think you said then ya that's really close so I find your statement bizarre
    So my statement about making this a better forum in the how to improve forum really puts it in context

Advertisement