Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FEEDBACK] any suggestions on how to improve the forum? post them here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Dec_

Dogwatch wrote: »
    Link please

It's Gone now. Was still there for a few hours after i reported it. That's a least 6 i have reported in the past week one even had ball bearings with it. Seller was KiKiKabooM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Unfortunately all you can do is report the post as soon as you see and let the local Mods deal with it.
    Thank you for the information and the concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

I've just thought of a great idea, that will benfit many and would not take much to setup, we already have a Users feedback sticky and cannot believe we do not have a Mod's feedback sticky in the Airsoft forum. As Mod's are always open and if something can be learnt, they are always open to that

Also, this would be an excellent way for all to see how decisions are applied, with more transparency then ever and to be fair, there would be rules as to what cannot be posted

Plus, if there is anything I can do to help, I'm offering my time and effort to get this off the ground

Does anyone else feel this would be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

If what you want is a thread to critisise or critique Mod actions. then I do not see that happening. If you have a gripe with a Mod or a decision of a Mod, take it up the chain to the next level.
    Perhaps you need to re read the rules on Boards.ie and the rules for the Airsoft Forum again as most of what you asking is covered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I've just thought of a great idea,

Does anyone else feel this would be a good idea?

I fail to see how it would benefit the forum.

Are you asking for for a thread where you can slate the mods you don't like and thank the ones you do as if this was some form of democracy :)

(that was a joke before you take it seriously.. ;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

just been looking at some of the feedback to the forum.i'm new to this site and airsoft in the game you play fair and take your hit and i think people using this to buy there stuff should be the same if your really interested in an item you should be allowed to take it to pm and if you want to haggle the price then do it there as this won't affect the orig price the person is trying to get.prices can be dropped if buyer has to do the traveling where as if the buyer is near enough the seller can get his full price or close to it.i've seen ones where people are having to repost 10 - 15 euro less cause of time wasters and i don't believe its fair on the seller.i myself will only post to the ones im really interested in to save this from happening fair is fair either way the price you get it from here is cheaper than the shop so why f**k people over thats all i have to say not many will agree with me but i don't care thats what this part of the forum is for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

brenak47 wrote: »
    just been looking at some of the feedback to the forum.i'm new to this site and airsoft in the game you play fair and take your hit and i think people using this to buy there stuff should be the same if your really interested in an item you should be allowed to take it to pm and if you want to haggle the price then do it there as this won't affect the orig price the person is trying to get.prices can be dropped if buyer has to do the traveling where as if the buyer is near enough the seller can get his full price or close to it.i've seen ones where people are having to repost 10 - 15 euro less cause of time wasters and i don't believe its fair on the seller.i myself will only post to the ones im really interested in to save this from happening fair is fair either way the price you get it from here is cheaper than the shop so why f**k people over thats all i have to say not many will agree with me but i don't care thats what this part of the forum is for

IMHO while most of the folks who use the Airsoft Adverts forum are genuine, there have on occasion been chancers both buying and selling.

As you pointed out, there are folks who fein interest in an item, haggle the asking price down and then walk away, leaving the seller with a lower asking price. This is not nice, but IMHO the onus is on the seller to have a figure in their head that they think is fair and which is the lowest they are prepared to go and then stick to their guns.

On the flip side, there have on occasion been folks who have tried to sell items which the purchased on the forum for the same or a higher price. Having all dealings done on thread helps IMO limit these situations as other posters may spot this and report the poster.

Again this is not nice and IMO the onus here is for parties interested in an item to check back in the forum (search function) to see if item was purchased here previously and at what price. If a higher price is being sought, have there been any upgrades which would account for the difference or is the seller just chancing their arm. Also check the user feedback forum to see if others have had dealings with this person and how they found the experience.

This is why we have a User feed back thread. If you find yourself dealing with a buyer or seller like this, then provide negative feed back in the User feed back thread for that user.

If you notice this carry on in a thread that you are not active in, but think another user is on the receiving end, then drop the Mods a PM highlighting your suspicions and they will investigate.

By flagging dubious buyers and sellers in this way you will help weed them out and help others see who are the reputable folks to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Dogwatch wrote: »
    If what you want is a thread to critisise or critique Mod actions. then I do not see that happening. If you have a gripe with a Mod or a decision of a Mod, take it up the chain to the next level.
    Perhaps you need to re read the rules on Boards.ie and the rules for the Airsoft Forum again as most of what you asking is covered.

What I'm looking for, is a place for all users to express their gratitude and objective feedback towards the Mod's, as any on thread thanks or otherwise, could be (technically) thread spoiling or worse depending on what is said

Also, we may just want to type out our opinions and observations, without fear of an infraction or ban, rather then escalate a case up the chain of command
    Steve wrote: »
    I fail to see how it would benefit the forum.

Are you asking for for a thread where you can slate the mods you don't like and thank the ones you do as if this was some form of democracy :)

(that was a joke before you take it seriously.. ;))

To be honest, I've no intention of playing favorites, as that would be unobjective and against the spirit of this idea. As for the forum being a democracy, no comment (just a joke ;))

The whole point of this idea, is to have a place we can express the positive and negative points of each interaction with the Mod's, in an objective and constructive way, without fear of an infraction or ban

This would benefit the forum, as it serves to build a greater trust between those who run it and those who use it

It's simple really :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The whole point of this idea, is to have a place we can express the positive and negative points of each interaction with the Mod's, in an objective and constructive way, without fear of an infraction or ban

This would benefit the forum, as it serves to build a greater trust between those who run it and those who use it

It's simple really :)
    But - it would always place the moderators at a disadvantage because in most cases the reasoning behind an action is backed up by information we have access to that cannot be posted publicly.
    Therefore, if you wanted to say 'thanks, good job there banning an obvious troll' then it would be fine but if you wanted to ask why we acted harshly on a seemingly minor transgression then we cannot defend it. It may have been a persons previous warning or ban history - it may be that we got certain information from the site admins or employees, either way, it's confidential and therefore not within our remit or permission to post on a local public thread.

If there is a larger issue, not specific to a single action, then, yes, with prior consultation, I will 100% guarantee that it can be discussed in the open in a civil manner without fear of moderator reaction or 'opression'. That has happened before.

I still stand by my earlier statement that a mod critique thread is not in the best interests of this forum for the above reasons. :)

Anyone here who uses touch.boards.ie on their mobile would be interested in this:
    COLOR=#004b82]Feature Suggestion[/COLOR What would you like to see on the touch site?
    Get your oar in for them to get the [FOR SALE] / [WANTED] etc. thread prefixes working! :)

This was fixed and rolled out a few days ago. Big thanks to the site developers. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭joshloveridge

could u make sure ur admins are accusing people properly???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

could u make sure ur admins are accusing people properly???

Link please

just in general like some of them are even harassing people on this :o i know its shocking

Its a strict forum - we enforce the rules strictly because peoples money and Airsoft kit are at stake.

i certainly aggre but still it might push ppl away just a thought

Thing is though, it's our little piece of the internet (and by 'our', I mean the airsoft community here that use this place day in day out, not just the mods).

There are plenty of places out there where people can go and buy or sell their stuff but anywhere you go you risk being scammed or people not paying or just having your time wasted. Our rules are there to minimise that risk and have been developed over a good many years based on bitter experience. They also provide a level playing field so everyone can benefit from a question that is asked - that's why the no off thread dealing is there.

It sounds unfriendly, but if anyone doesn't like the rules here then they don't have to use the forum - if they want to use the forum then they must follow them or go elsewhere... simple really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

May be a stupid idea, but what about an Airsoft News forum, where fellow airsofters can post links to the best new guns etc released, and just have general banter ;)
    Sounds silly but it would give us all something to talk about :)

Eoghan S wrote: »
    May be a stupid idea, but what about an Airsoft News forum, where fellow airsofters can post links to the best new guns etc released, and just have general banter ;)
    Sounds silly but it would give us all something to talk about :)

We already have one :) the airsoft news thread on the main forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

andy_g wrote: »
    We already have one :) the airsoft news thread on the main forum.

My god I completely missed that!
    Have no clue how though ;)
    Anyway, sorry for that complete waste of time haha
    I can only laugh at myself ;)

Eoghan S wrote: »
    My god I completely missed that!
    Have no clue how though ;)
    Anyway, sorry for that complete waste of time haha
    I can only laugh at myself ;)

You mean we cant all laugh at you i mean with you :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Can it be made part of the rules that seeing as you can edit your first post within 24 hours that people are not technically allowed to bump their thread by adding new information or pictures with another post hours after their first one

ShadowFox wrote: »
    Can it be made part of the rules that seeing as you can edit your first post within 24 hours that people are not technically allowed to bump their thread by adding new information or pictures with another post hours after their first one

I know that sort of tactical 'bumping' happens the odd time but I don't think it's widespread enough to warrant a rule change.

As it stands, I prefer the current setup where when someone adds details then whoever is following the thread gets a notification - that's practical.

Will keep an eye on it though, thanks.

I know that sort of tactical 'bumping' happens the odd time but I don't think it's widespread enough to warrant a rule change.

As it stands, I prefer the current setup where when someone adds details then whoever is following the thread gets a notification - that's practical.

Those tactical bumps can be dangerous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Actually just reminded me of something. I know it's almost impossible to stop but I hate when people have 'more pics' about 5 hours after their last post and all they've shown is the rear sight or something.:mad: just kind of annoying to see that nothing can be done about it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Adverts now this is silly but getting fed up of these
    "MASSIVE CLEAROUTS " "SUPER CLEAROUTS" and so on only to find these threads have basicly a few spare parts for sale that get bumped to death or offers of trades despite sellers clearly stating trades not accepted
    Not sure if anything can be done for the above but I tried at least

( thanks Steve now I'm repeating myself)

Gatling wrote: »
    Adverts now this is silly but getting fed up of these
    "MASSIVE CLEAROUTS " "SUPER CLEAROUTS" and so on only to find these threads have basicly a few spare parts for sale that get bumped to death or offers of trades despite sellers clearly stating trades not accepted
    Not sure if anything can be done for the above but I tried at least
    OK, technically this is already covered, the rules state:
    The title must accurately describe the item(s) being offered or sought.
    Vague titles such as "Some bits for sale" or "Clearout" are not permitted.
    However this isn't really being enforced. This is due to a few reasons but primarily it's because nobody seems to have a problem with it. I'm gauging that by the distinct lack of people reporting / complaining about such thread titles.

I personally would prefer to enforce it as I agree with your point and I wouldn't have penned the rule in the first place if I thought it was pointless. That said, it's not my forum or the mods' forum in that regard, it's for the community here so I'd invite more feedback and active reporting of such threads before changing anything. :)

As a Seller Ive used the "Clearout" title in a thread and have to admit its messy between the thread going 10+ pages and trying to keep it up to date and taking weeks to off load your stuff. A couple of weeks ago I was having an other clear out and broke it down to 3 or 4 threads with a few items in each clearly marked in the thread title. Everything sold within a week so much better than a "Clearout" thread title.

As a Buyer Ive missed out on items that id been looking for because there could be 2 or 3 Clearout threads and you think its the same one when you just have a quick scan of the forum. So that can be really annoying. Id rather threads were detailed in the title rather than "Clearout" or Mega Sale or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

A boards app would be great, would find it alot easier and more convenient, just a thought because adverts have an app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭adamj1980

matty1994 wrote: »
    A boards app would be great, would find it alot easier and more convenient, just a thought because adverts have an app

I totally agree, a lot easier to use and better all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

adamj1980 wrote: »
    I totally agree, a lot easier to use and better all round.

I find it stupid that they have an adverts app but not for boards

Advertisement