Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Grrr! Apparantly, Limerick maternity has a bed crisis, so some of us may be sent home until tomorrow.

As to who stays and who goes, no one is able to tell us yet! I'm getting very frustrated with it all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

FFS Kash, that's the last thing you need now.
    Hop in a bed and refuse to get out of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

my plans for a walk turned into a sleep and cake!

that's so exciting kash,you.ll be great!

Bugger it. They sent me home :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Kash wrote: »
    Bugger it. They sent me home :(

B@stards!!do they not know we`re all waiting to hear news :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ah balls Kash!!! :(

Aww that sucks Kash...

Chinese food stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Aw no Kash that's so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

oh kash u must be so annoyed. treat yourself to something yummy for dinner and have OH spoil u for the evening - when do they want u to go back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Just reef Twomums or Nyquist out of there haha.

But seriously, I hope you get to go back in today or tomorrow. Did you get the gel in the end? Did it do anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

It's pretty manic in here...I have got the impression they are at pretty much full capacity with a bed or two kept spare for emergency cases!

Hand expressed today (think cow milking) to try get my milk in earlier and to have a little supply for when she needs a top up :) & have to do lots of full on skin to skin (me naked her naked) which is great fun with peep popping their head in every 30 mins or so :rolleyes:

How are you getting on Jen?

Good on you 2mums. She's adorable!

Java, let us know how you get on today - I'd love to get the sweep at my appointment on Monday if it works!

Kash - are you back in today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Good luck today java, I'll be hanging out of the phone waiting for news!

Twomums, you really do have to leave ur dignity in the carpark. It felt like every nurse in the hospital seen my boobs and the ladies who clean and do the food. It felt like every time I was getting ready to feed N or just finishing someone popped their head round the curtain!

Although it was almost worse when I got home, felt like she wanted to feed every time a visitor arrived to the house!

Skin to skin sounds so nice with a wee baba. I told OH that if I ended up having an emergency c-section, he's have to pop baby under his t-shirt for skin to skin til I'm fixed up & conscious! I think he secretly wants that to happen now.

Kildareash, when you've visitors over & baby wants to feed, do you find you need to go to another room so can be on your own to feed her? I'd probably do that as wouldn't want to be self-conscious and then mess up my let-down reflex thingy

They didn't do the gel at all yesterday, just a trace and an internal exam to check that I wasn't about to pop on my own.

In any case, they called me an hour ago and told me to come back in today so that I am here when a bed becomes free, so i'm back in the admissions waiting room.

Hopefully it won't be too long a wait - and they won't be cruel enough to send me home again - I think if that happens I will need to go to the psych ward with severe depression and/or murderous rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Kash fingers crossed you'll get a bed soon - will be thinking of you

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Kash I hope you get a bed today!!

In regards to OH's taking time off. I sent him home at 4am after the baby was born to sleep, he got up at 7am and milked the cows then slept all day and came into me in the evening for a few hours. He did this every day I was in hospital.

I am really lucky that the farm is beside the home place and he's always about. In and out during the day and if the day is really manky he will generally be inside catching up on paperwork so he minds baba and I can go off to the shop or have a quick coffee with a friend!

He's really stressed at the moment with the farm, grass isn't growing and the cows have dropped their milk production by half. This weather is just not helping. Ugh! I can't wait to start working again, just to help take the pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink, I feed in the same room, but I'll throw a blanket or a Muslin over us. Last week I was leaving the room to get her started because one boob was so painful, our visitors didn't need to see that!
    My friend gave me a sling so I might start using that.

I'm still in bed in my PJ's! Haven't even had breakfast yet or ran a comb through my hair. I feel manky! But I was wrecked so when she went back down this morn I took full advantage. Barely heard OH getting ready for work. She had been staying awake after her 6/7 feed, but I think the two of us were wrecked this morn.

Kash keep us updated, today will be the day!
    notsobusy wrote: »
    I am really lucky that the farm is beside the home place and he's always about. In and out during the day and if the day is really manky he will generally be inside catching up on paperwork so he minds baba and I can go off to the shop or have a quick coffee with a friend!

He's really stressed at the moment with the farm, grass isn't growing and the cows have dropped their milk production by half. This weather is just not helping. Ugh! I can't wait to start working again, just to help take the pressure off.

That's a great set up to have that he's near & can spend that bit of time with baby while so young.

We often don't think of the farmers who then struggle when there's not enough sun. I hope it picks up, more so for their sake rather than me wanting a tan!

Kildareash you're dead right, take all the rest & naps you can with baby. I'll probably become a pajama girl & won't get out of them all day!

Posted on the facebook group too but,
    Just back from hospital. Longest(but last woohoo!!) wait yet..
    Baby is in my pelvis already, measuring 4kg, I am 1-1.5 cm dilated and very favourable(I don't know what that means)
    The sweep was as uncomfortable as I thought but it wasn't too bad as I was doing my breathing and was over before I knew it.

Had a bloody show there and then loads more when I got home, Doc reckons I will go very soon.. So as much as I'm a little bit shell shocked I'm all excited!!!

Best of luck today Kash xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Oh good Java - dilating already? Sounds very fast alright
    How long from sweep to show?

I`ve got a rare spurt of energy today so Ive done all the windows, washed all floors, washed every last bit of laundry, cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom even did the skirting boards :o now I`ve the ironing to do and that`s it I`m catching up on 10 episodes of "one Born" for the afternoon...
    :D

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Oh good Java - dilating already? Sounds very fast alright
    How long from sweep to show?

I`ve got a rare spurt of energy today so Ive done all the windows, washed all floors, washed every last bit of laundry, cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom even did the skirting boards :o now I`ve the ironing to do and that`s it I`m catching up on 10 episodes of "one Born" for the afternoon...

Had a show there when she took her finger out and then when I got home. I was already dilated before sweep so hopefully it did speed things up..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

I'm so jealous of you Kash, im due tomorrow too and nothing is happening :-(

Fri.Day i had to stop watching that show and I was obsessed with it. think il do a bit of bathroom cleaning now keep my mindo of this baby that seems to want to stay in me till xmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kash fingers crossed you get your bed... I really hope you do :)

Yay Java: things starting to move for you!! Favourable normaly means a softening and shortening of the cervix: charming :D

Notsobusy hope things improve soon :( the weather has alot to answer for

Fri.Day wrote: »

That's impressive. I'd be amazed if I even got one thing done off that list. I have very high hopes for my mat leave projects but I think I'll end up on the couch a lot.

Sounds like you went into serious nesting mode there. The amount of women I've heard of who go into labour after doing a mad dash of cleaning and scrubbing when on mat leave!

WWC1 wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of you Kash, im due tomorrow too and nothing is happening :-(

Hang in there hon, your little one is just making sure they're good and ready to face the world.

I have a bed! No idea what the gameplan is, but i have my bed and I am not leaving this hospital until I have a baby to show for it!

Best of luck kash!

Java - great news! So delighted for you. Hopefully you'll be in labour in no time.

There seems to be just no evicting this lazy baby of mine! The constant texts and calls from family & friends are starting to drive me potty as well - only so many times I can say "no, not yet. I'll let you know when we have news!" :p

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Best of luck kash!

Java - great news! So delighted for you. Hopefully you'll be in labour in no time.

There seems to be just no evicting this lazy baby of mine! The constant texts and calls from family & friends are starting to drive me potty as well - only so many times I can say "no, not yet. I'll let you know when we have news!" :p

They'll prob sweep you Monday (is that when your back)

Literally, I have not been off my ball and the consultant said it really helped bringing baby down into pelvis, maybe try it?

Yea, have been sitting on the ball for the last few days so hopefully it's doing something!

So happy for you though - keep us posted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

That's brilliant kash... Deffo do not give up that bed for anyone :)

Java I have everything crossed for you... Nice hot curry too!!

Advertisement