Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Couldn't agree more Kildareash :) I think the whole of the maternity has seen my boobs :rolleyes: I'm obviously over exaggerating but it can really feel like that!

Well done Kash - having a bed is key ;) fingers crossed you will have your baby to go in a cot next to you really soon!

Java looks like your Zoe is on her way so she should be with you very shortly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

sounds like we are in for another burst of bubs
    best of luck kash,javag,mamah,wcc1 and fri.day
    (hope thats all of ye)

my bubs is still snug and comfy inside,just back from check up amd they said its still not engaged .....lazy feccen bubs:) ah well what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Ok, so I had the Prostaglandin gel a few hours ago, and now I am getting near constant strong cramps, way down low in my abdomen. Very uncomfortable.

Hopefully though, that is a good sign that things are progressing nicely.

The doc said that they'll check me in a few hours and will decide whether or not to give another dose of gel (usually needed) and hopefully by morning they'll be able to break my waters manually.

I'm excited, but really uncomfortable :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Kash wrote: »
    Ok, so I had the Prostaglandin gel a few hours ago, and now I am getting near constant strong cramps, way down low in my abdomen. Very uncomfortable.

Hopefully though, that is a good sign that things are progressing nicely.

The doc said that they'll check me in a few hours and will decide whether or not to give another dose of gel (usually needed) and hopefully by morning they'll be able to break my waters manually.

I'm excited, but really uncomfortable :/

Ooh Kash, yours will prob be the only July baby born on her due date!!
    Hopefully you get some rest for your big day!!Well done so far xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kash look for heat packs for those cramps esp if they give you a second lot of gel :) that gel causes lots of cramps!

I really hope there's a whole load of babies just about to be born! I'm so excited...

C just peed all over her granny: finally someone who's not me: is that mean?!

No Cyning it's not mean :) I think every family member should have an official pee welcome :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I think I'm finally getting Braxton Hicks? Feels like someone is tightening a belt around my belly, its a lot higher up then I though they would be and I feel a bit ill when it happens.

Yahyyyyy Kash some progress!! do you have a tens machine at all?

my fecking back :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

notsobusy wrote: »
    Kash I hope you get a bed today!!

In regards to OH's taking time off. I sent him home at 4am after the baby was born to sleep, he got up at 7am and milked the cows then slept all day and came into me in the evening for a few hours. He did this every day I was in hospital.

I am really lucky that the farm is beside the home place and he's always about. In and out during the day and if the day is really manky he will generally be inside catching up on paperwork so he minds baba and I can go off to the shop or have a quick coffee with a friend!

He's really stressed at the moment with the farm, grass isn't growing and the cows have dropped their milk production by half. This weather is just not helping. Ugh! I can't wait to start working again, just to help take the pressure off.
    I'm hoping we'll be able to pull off the same. Farm right next to our home too, and I know hubby will be anxious to get back to the farm as soon as he can. But like your hubby, it will be nice for him to be so close every day. I can see his mood getting worse and worse as the days go on re: the grass / milk situation too. It's ****ty when there is nothing you can do to help as its all down to the weather.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed I bring news of another July baby tomorrow, kash too.

Been having bloody shows all day and the pain after the sweep has just not eased off. Getting worse if anything.

Nervous and excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

sounds like we are in for another burst of bubs
    best of luck kash,javag,mamah,wcc1 and fri.day
    (hope thats all of ye)

and me, i'm in for induction in the morning! i wonder could we manage SIX babies tomorrow???? Let''s give it our best shot girls. :)

minibear

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Aw best of luck ladies! I'm not sure I'll be joining you tomorrow - have absolutely no symptoms yet. I'm still patient about it all and trying to be positive but I'm sure it'll wear thin soon enough :p Maybe I should bog off to the 'due August 2012' thread now cos it seems like I won't have my baby till then! :D

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Aw best of luck ladies! I'm not sure I'll be joining you tomorrow - have absolutely no symptoms yet. I'm still patient about it all and trying to be positive but I'm sure it'll wear thin soon enough :p Maybe I should bog off to the 'due August 2012' thread now cos it seems like I won't have my baby till then! :D

You'll be popping in no time lady-no symptoms can be full on labour in a matter of hours!

Wow onslaught of babies tomorrow then!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Maybe I should bog off to the 'due August 2012' thread now cos it seems like I won't have my baby till then! :D

I'll do ya a swap mamaheidi, I'm due the 3rd and dying to go right now! :D Best of luck to all the July mammies, been following your thread the last while, very exciting stuff indeed! Also very very jealous! :p

0ctober wrote: »
    I'll do ya a swap mamaheidi, I'm due the 3rd and dying to go right now! :D Best of luck to all the July mammies, been following your thread the last while, very exciting stuff indeed! Also very very jealous! :p

Haha oh no don't get me wrong - I'm so crazy excited to go into labour & have my baby - it's just that she doesn't seem to be feeling the same :p 4 days late and counting!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Ah ya poor thing, fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Last day of work tomorrow!

I'm probably going to be checking in during one of my middle of the night pee's to check if anything has happened.

Mamaheidi I'm dreading people starting to text & call once I hit my due date, I might set up an auto-reply thingy "I'm currently away from my desk and no I've not had the feckin baby, feck off, I'll let you know when I'm good and ready. If it's an emergency please contact reception"

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Mink wrote: »
    Last day of work tomorrow!

I'm probably going to be checking in during one of my middle of the night pee's to check if anything has happened.

Mamaheidi I'm dreading people starting to text & call once I hit my due date, I might set up an auto-reply thingy "I'm currently away from my desk and no I've not had the feckin baby, feck off, I'll let you know when I'm good and ready. If it's an emergency please contact reception"

Mink I still have over a week till due date but my mum seems not to understand that.
    she text me every day and I dont replay within 15 min she text again and then she text OH.

i told her today that doc things Alice will be late - I hope it will give me few days without anoying msg!

I get few contractions quite regular and then everything stopped

it is so hard! I hate not knowing and I hate suprises.

and Im moaning again - can someone kick me so I will stop?! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

Looks like it's my turn. My waters broke last night around 9:00pm, but as of now have only had one lonely contraction. Was in L&D for a check up, then was sent home to wait for contractions to start. Will be back in this afternoon and again tomorrow for checks, then they will induce on Sunday if there is still no action.

I had been having strong PMS-type cramps and backaches for the past two weeks, but the past two days I've felt better than I have in weeks. Never would have thought that was how yesterday would have ended!

I don't think I ever joined the "birth list"...my due date is 15/7 and we don't know if we're having a boy or girl. Will find out soon enough :) Best of luck to the other ladies waiting!

• Advertisement

must be something about Friday the 13th that all these babies wanna come out.

dozing in between pains, no sign of waters going yet or pains gettin closer together yet.

javagal wrote: »
    must be something about Friday the 13th that all these babies wanna come out.

dozing in between pains, no sign of waters going yet or pains gettin closer together yet.

Nothing really stirring for me either - had severe cramps after the gel, every 4 minutes and lasting 40 seconds or so, but at last nights check I was only 2cm dilated at a stretch (and via a very unpleasant internal after which I got the shakes and vomited) The midwives told me both are great signs,

So, they gave me pethidine at about 11 which allowed me to sleep - very little pain since and the effects of that should have worn off hours ago, so I appear to have stalled :(

And may I just say: I totally over estimated my potential for a natural birth! Drugs all the way!

Best of luck to all the others who are making progress - hopefully we can swap baby pics soon!

Oh Kash thats crappy...are you getting more gel this morning?

Zoe made my nipple billed through the shield last night :eek: That wasn't pleasant in anyway & she got a bottle top up afterwards as it was just too sore! She has a strong suck on her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Going to be like zombies today. The baby only slept for 3 or 4 hours! Just a bad night I guess. He's clean and fed, just cranky

Good luck to all he ladies today

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Oh Kash thats crappy...are you getting more gel this morning?

No, thank the giant teapot on the sky - I really had trouble with the cramps! The first gel did what it was supposed to apparently, 2cm dilated is plenty to allow me to have my waters broken manually.

They'll move me to the labour ward as soon as they can for that! In the meantime, I have to walk and bounce on the ball :)

Best of luck with the BF TwoMums, that sounds nasty!

BMic, hopefully you'll be able to nap with the baby and take the edge off the exhaustion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Saurelin wrote: »
    and Im moaning again - can someone kick me so I will stop?! :-D

No go ahead, if you can't moan here, where else can you moan?!

Feest best of luck, I will add you to the list as soon as updating it again. I hope I can keep up with everyone.

Twomums, ouch, hope you're getting the help & advice you need in the hospital - actually are you still in there?

Barremic are you managing naps with baby during the day... or is that a long off dream I should just put to bed :rolleyes:

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Oops mink just saw your post after I had posted this! Hopefully we'll be updating it again very soon with news of new little ones

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Sometimes mink, he tends to sleep well downstairs in his pram, but if he comes up to his crib he doesn't settle great.

And I can't snooze on the couch, my hips get too uncomfortable

It's wind or so, he's very tight at giving it up, also his appetite keeps going up for a few days and then dropping a bit, he's mostly up to 120 bottles now though.

Ah I'll survive ;)

Oh best of luck today Feest! Hope it's all going well. You're now on the list. I'm starting to feel lonely at the top of the list without any symptoms :(

Good luck to all the other girls today - hopefully we'll be updating the list with a big 'BORN' stamp later on today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Oh best of luck today Feest! Hope it's all going well. You're now on the list. I'm starting to feel lonely at the top of the list without any symptoms :(

Good luck to all the other girls today - hopefully we'll be updating the list with a big 'BORN' stamp later on today ;)

Mamaheidi my friend did not had any signs and out of blue her waters broke. so dont worry :-)

fingers crossed for you all ladies :-)

i feel better today. I was able to sleep 4 hours without loo trip ( first time this week) and im so full of energy ( for now anyway ).

have a great day ladies :-)

Advertisement