Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Can someone pm me how to change back to the old skin if possible? :(

Read the full post at the start of the thread, specifically the bit right at the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Can someone pm me how to change back to the old skin if possible? :(

Once again, the link is at the bottom of the very first post.

Mods, can you edit that post so the links are next to each other, so people stop asking how to change back?
    Right now, people have to scroll down 3 pages before seeing the "switch back" link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

actually would like to add, if the top banner could either have an option not to be static, or remove a decent load of the blue padding.

I've a big screen but i don't need space wasted thanks, and small screens it would be a nightmare as stated

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Ahhhh thats better :D
    Thanks guys. Sorry for not finding it myself but working off iPad on that new skin was challenging to say the least! I had to click on links in my email to bring me to specific threads etc.

alexlyons wrote: »
    actually would like to add, if the top banner could either have an option not to be static, or remove a decent load of the blue padding.

I've a big screen but i don't need space wasted thanks, and small screens it would be a nightmare as stated

It was also stated that this option already exists. Go to the bottom of this page and disable the sticky header :)

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

You need to force these changes on people without giving them options. But take small steps. Boards could learn a lot from Apple. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roisin87

I think the layout is great but would also like to see a darker version available if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 leonardo4358

To be honest I dislike the old looking. It made my eyes sore. In fairness the interface style ushered by Apple will be the ultimate trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Roisin87 wrote: »
    I think the layout is great but would also like to see a darker version available if possible.

We're working on Themes for the skin, but they'll be added a little bit later. We're currently designing them and getting them right, so it shouldn't be too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Haven't followed the whole thread, so apologies if it's been mentioned before. The only thing that bugs me about the new layout is when I press spacebar or 'page down', it jumps further than one page - about 4 lines more than usual. I have a feeling it's to do with the search banner across the top of the page. Trivial complaint, I know, but it's really annoying to keep losing my position and having to backtrack up the page.

Nice work otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kathleenl

Like the site too. Much easier to follow than the old one.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wrbedzinski

:eek:
    To be honest I dislike the old looking. It made my eyes sore. In fairness the interface style ushered by Apple will be the ultimate trend.
    :cool:add mood for logging!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Liking it more now, I'm used to it. It's more functional. With that said, it's still not exactly aesthetically pleasing.

Also would love the 'My Forums'/'My Threads' to have some AJAX updates, so wouldn't have to refresh.

solarith wrote: »
    Also would love the 'My Forums'/'My Threads' to have some AJAX updates, so wouldn't have to refresh.

Patience, little by little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Patience, little by little :)
    Ah, I know - just throwing it out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but any chance you could get Tab->Enter to post a reply, as opposed to going into "go advanced"? It works well on other vBulletin forums.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys any chance of a direct link on the top navbar for "Advanced Search"? Right now you have to do a search, wait for it to load, and then click advanced search

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys any chance of a direct link on the top navbar for "Advanced Search"? Right now you have to do a search, wait for it to load, and then click advanced search
    Just do an empty search :)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just wondering if anyone is having issues with some of the options pertaining to the moderation of threads. I cannot open/close/move/delete threads using the drop down box at the bottom of my forum.

Anyone else getting this? I noticed it about a week ago but completely forgot to mention it as I was up the walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Using the new skin, I have 3 forums in my forums with new posts, it says I have 4. I also have tried viewing them all to get rid but it's still left with one new post.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is having issues with some of the options pertaining to the moderation of threads. I cannot open/close/move/delete threads using the drop down box at the bottom of my forum.

Anyone else getting this? I noticed it about a week ago but completely forgot to mention it as I was up the walls.

Are you an Opera user?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Are you an Opera user?

No, Internet Explorer 9 actually! Perhaps it's something on my end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

The 'Search this forum' option seems to have dissappeared (Chrome/Win XP user) - big loss!

The 'Search this forum' option seems to have dissappeared (Chrome/Win XP user) - big loss!

It's gone nowhere, still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

It's gone nowhere, still there.

I've double-checked now, to find that it is available for most forums, but not for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender forum, strangely enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I've double-checked now, to find that it is available for most forums, but not for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender forum, strangely enough?
    Searching is not available in a couple of forums, LGBT and PI/RI being two of the more prominent ones

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but any chance you could get Tab->Enter to post a reply, as opposed to going into "go advanced"? It works well on other vBulletin forums.

On a thread the tabindex goes as follows:

1: QR Box
    2: Submit reply
    3: Go Advanced.

Where does it go to "Go Advanced" before "Submit reply" or whatever?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I'm not going all the way back.

It'd be a nice touch if the notification number appeared in the tab header like on Facebook. Reasons are obvious (you know when there's a new reply in a thread etc).

About the only improvement that could be made to the overall layout at the moment imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Hello, just wondering. Under every post there is a "quick reply" button. Is this suppose to quote the post you just clicked or is it suppose to be the same as the quick reply at the bottom of the page.

It would be better if it quoted the post. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Samich wrote: »
    Hello, just wondering. Under every post there is a "quick reply" button. Is this suppose to quote the post you just clicked or is it suppose to be the same as the quick reply at the bottom of the page.

It would be better if it quoted the post. :-)

It does. There's a checkbox under the text field for the quick post that'll let you quote the post IIRC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement