Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

Nodin wrote: »
    When some drugged up 6 year old Bieberist gives up a good stabbing, don't come bleeding over my doorstep.

:pac:
    Justin Bieber is now the real problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Are you actually saying one drink is the equivalent to a pill?

You're obviously a drug user yes? Anything to justify your habit

Did you accutally read my post?

so you answer me did I say anything of the actual sort?

I replied to your statement saying you knew your limits however studies say your wrong!

Are you an alcoholic now trying to hide that fact by accussing me? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Very misinformed woman on Liveline right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

RVP 11 wrote: »
    :pac:
    Justin Bieber is now the real problem?

He and his unshaven ilk, women, young girls and females. There may be others, but my crayon broke when I was being inspired so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Yes, imagine leaving knives lying round on a field.....

Eh no , imagine that they actually where able to get them in the first place . To me the that is disgraceful and should never have happened .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Just listening to the radio and there saying that there was lots of drink involved crates in fact,alcopops,vodka etc,drug taking,basically people were out of their minds..

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Very misinformed woman on Liveline right now.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

On plus side MCD days may be numbered after this one

Their days of bullying those who try and point out how incompetant they are may be over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

see thats the thing past convictions nothing done about it,they should get heavier sentences..zero tolerance

As I understand the system used in a number of American states, they have a 3-strikes-and-you're-out policy. Three felony (i.e. serious) crimes and you go down for a very long time.

The benefit of the policy is that you don't have people with 22 convictions walking around totting up crimes number 23, 24 and 25. The downside is that it means the numbers in prison in America are huge (presumably with attendant huge costs). It's a choice that each society has to make. Either slap them on the wrist (fine/community service) and let them go (minimal direct cost, but I suspect much larger indirect costs of ongoing anti-social behaviour) or throw them in nick and bear the costs of their incarceration.

As for the main event, yes it appears that a lot more could have been done in terms of policing/stewarding, but it occurs to me that these are problems and attitude that simmer under all the time and only become a national talking point when they erupt at a high visibility event such as this. The knives weren't bought the day previously, this wasn't the first time the people involved in the fighting had been in a drunken brawl. It's a much bigger issue than the day and night itself.

Eh no , imagine that they actually where able to get them in the first place . To me the that is disgraceful and should never have happened .

You mean in a kitchen, like? I'm given to understand kitchens and, more suprisingly, metal objects, are available at a price the masses can afford these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

But every time you take (some) drugs, there's a chance you're going to do something that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Like stab people.
    that's alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

Least they could do is say 'condelolences to those that died'

Don't you mean condolences to those who were stabbed? The people who died killed themselves with drugs. I don't know anything about these people, might have been the nicest people ever, but if you take drugs you know the risks and if you die, well it wasn't worth the risk then was it. I feel sorry for their families at the senseless loss they must feel, but if you risk your life by swallowing/snorting/injecting something that's probably laced with rat poison, cement and god knows what else, well then you don't deserve any sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Just listening to the radio and there saying that there was lots of drink involved crates in fact,alcopops,vodka etc,drug taking,basically people were out of their minds..

That is some top quality investigative journalism right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Duck Soup wrote: »
    As I understand the system used in a number of American states, they have a 3-strikes-and-you're-out policy. Three felony (i.e. serious) crimes and you go down for a very long time.

The benefit of the policy is that you don't have people with 22 convictions walking around totting up crimes number 23, 24 and 25. The downside is that it means the numbers in prison in America are huge (presumably with attendant huge costs). It's a choice that each society has to make. Either slap them on the wrist (fine/community service) and let them go (minimal direct cost, but I suspect much larger indirect costs of ongoing anti-social behaviour) or throw them in nick and bear the costs of their incarceration.

As for the main event, yes it appears that a lot more could have been done in terms of policing/stewarding, but it occurs to me that these are problems and attitude that simmer under all the time and only become a national talking point when they erupt at a high visibility event such as this. The knives weren't bought the day previously, this wasn't the first time the people involved in the fighting had been in a drunken brawl. It's a much bigger issue than the day and night itself.
    I'd be in total agreement with those type of rules to be honest and I'd also be asking why incarceration has to cost so much in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Just because you have a tight haircut,wear hoodies n tracksuits and have a crude tattoo does not mean you are a knacker :)

me bolly wrote: »
    Just because you have a tight haircut,wear hoodies n tracksuits and have a crude tattoo does not mean you are a knacker :)

That's called culture.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

Thats me pretty much with anytime Ive free time

No, you have to put effort into it. Them glazed eyes can't be bought off a shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

giggle84 wrote: »
    Don't you mean condolences to those who were stabbed? The people who died killed themselves with drugs. I don't know anything about these people, might have been the nicest people ever, but if you take drugs you know the risks and if you die, well it wasn't worth the risk then was it. I feel sorry for their families at the senseless loss they must feel, but if you risk your life by swallowing/snorting/injecting something that's probably laced with rat poison, cement and god knows what else, well then you don't deserve any sympathy.

lol. Clearly an expert on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

A lot of people seem to be using this thread just to be snobby and complain about certain types of people. Here's the reality:

- A few pieces of absolute thrash (out of 45,000) decided to be "hardmen" and go around stabbing people and starting fights.
    - The incidents that did happen were admittedly awful and have no place anywhere
    - I don't like to speak for the vast majority, but from a personal point of view, (as someone who just went to enjoy themselves) it was a really entertaining gig and mostly in good spirits
    - Just because someone likes dance music/has a bit of a Dublin accent doesn't mean they are automatically scum (as many generalizations seem to suggest)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

You mean in a kitchen, like? I'm given to understand kitchens and, more suprisingly, metal objects, are available at a price the masses can afford these days.

You must not see the point i am trying to make then , how they got anything in to use as a weapon is disgraceful . The security at this concert deserve some of the blame for the crap that went down . Last time I was a gig in the phoenix park I had a bag on my back and was asked to empty it and they checked every where in it . They also should have metal detectors at concerts too because you shouldn't be able to get a weapon or anything you could stab somebody with into a concert .

• Subscribers Posts: 41,115 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

and add to that reality that the organisation was shambles and is part responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Just heard on Phantom that a 19 year old girl from Cork is still missing after being separated from her friends. :(

She met a guy apparently...her bag and phone have been found...

..So I guess if anyone knows anything...anything at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kabar

RVP 11 wrote: »
    That's called culture.:pac:

That's called "cultural homogeneity". I am always amazed by people trying to affirm their unique individuality by strictly adhering to a standardized way of dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

MCD couldn't run a bath

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Just heard on Phantom that a 19 year old girl from Cork is still missing after being separated from her friends. :(

She met a guy apparently...her bag and phone have been found...

..So I guess if anyone knows anything...anything at all...

You might ask a mod for a seperate "sticky" thread and put the precise details on it.

kabar wrote: »
    That's called "cultural homogeneity". I am always amazed by people trying to affirm their unique individuality by strictly adhering to a standardized way of dressing.

But wearing tracksuits is the "standardized way of dressing".

You must not see the point i am trying to make then , .....

I guessed, but you were going about it in a roundabout way.

As regards the security, I have never been at an outdoor gig, so can't comment one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You must not see the point i am trying to make then , how they got anything in to use as a weapon is disgraceful . The security at this concert deserve some of the blame for the crap that went down . Last time I was a gig in the phoenix park I had a bag on my back and was asked to empty it and they checked every where in it . They also should have metal detectors at concerts too because you shouldn't be able to get a weapon or anything you could stab somebody with into a concert .

lol, you really think security can give tens of thousands of people anything more than the most cursory of checks, even with metal detectors? they'd have people queuing up until the next day. It's very easy to get knives past gig security.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

You might ask a mod for a seperate "sticky" thread and put the precise details on it.

Mods?

Link to the story in the examiner:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/missing-teenager-last-seen-at-phoenix-park-concert-558448.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement