Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

paulieeye wrote: »
    Are you comparing drug crime, killings, beatings and all a that to illegally downloading movies??

Also the only avenue to get drugs is thru dealers. Alcohol, ciggies and cars are slightly different

You know as well as the poster knows that he is saying even though they are illegal/legal the criminal element is always going to be there. He is not comparing them to murderers or whatever. A criminal is just that, a criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 punksanders

Was anybody actually at this gig? Can anyone say what they saw going on there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

paulieeye wrote: »
    Are you comparing drug crime, killings, beatings and all a that to illegally downloading movies??

Also the only avenue to get drugs is thru dealers. Alcohol, ciggies and cars are slightly different

The poster i was referring to stated that legalising drugs would remove the criminal element. Alcohol ciggies and cars are all legal but the criminal element remains so why would drugs be any different. It's naieve to think dealers will just disappear if drugs were legalised.
    Capital letters really convince me that it is in fact a fact. You win there I think.

Sometimes it's necessary to stop people strying from the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Don't mind the gays and hipsters this type of music is the staple of scum on these shores primarily. That one big mono-culture of disenfranchised dregs in global corps sweatshop clobber we see today where proper diversity and worthwhile rebellion; agendas used to exist gave rise to scumbag/scanger. Gangsters? Many snide scummers seem to be dealing with their own personal episode of love/hate as the E wears off.

These hippies profess 'love' but everything about these events is just superficial. Evil cult masquerading as good, where have we heard that before.. hmm. More love in my left nut than an entire pen of e'd up ravers, deluding emselves tbh.. Production line dross, for drones. May seem like it but you don't have to be that. Even my nephew's a little raver now :/ what happened to punks n rockers man.. took solace in the campuses, it seems :( used to be common at street level. Youth culture is indeed, dead
    You really need to take a lie down or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

My view on drink and drugs is each to their own . If you wanna get pilled or coked off your head then do it just as long as you don't start annoying me or try to cause trouble . If you do any of this then don't take drugs or drink yourself stupid .
    What I find more worrying is the fact that people could actually get things to stab people with into concerts . That is a complete joke and they should really change the laws to stop that ever happening again .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

MagicSean wrote: »
    Nobody. That's why I'm speaking about buying drugs. not manufacturing your own.

If I was in the mood for a bag, I'd get it from one of the lads I know who grow it themselves. They are selling it, yes, but they are not killing anyone to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

df1985 wrote: »
    The druggieos on this thread trying to justify their purchasing of their coke and yokes is gas.

They dont want to be lumped in with the heroin zombies you see zonked out on Marlborough Street but your only one step away from them

I find the people posting stuff that shows they dont have a single clue what theyre talking about even more gas.

Why are you an expert on narcotic subtances and how harmless they are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

My view on drink and drugs is each to their own . If you wanna get pilled or coked off your head then do it just as long as you don't start annoying me or try to cause trouble . If you do any of this then don't take drugs or drink yourself stupid .
    What I find more worrying is the fact that people could actually get things to stab people with into concerts . That is a complete joke and they should really change the laws to stop that ever happening again .

It's Ireland. They only change laws when it is too late and people are dead.

If I was in the mood for a bag, I'd get it from one of the lads I know who grow it themselves. They are selling it, yes, but they are not killing anyone to get it.

And if everyone got their drugs the same way the world would probably be a better place. But they don't.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I agree. first thing I thought when I heard it was why they don't use those portable metal detectors for the people passing through. Have 10 different rows and the crowd will get through quickly enough, and trouble makers with knives etc. should be detected. They do this in the UK and it appears to help. Will also probably stop people sneaking in bottles/cans or anything else that may be used by a drunk person as a weapon

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

And if everyone got their drugs the same way the world would probably be a better place. But they don't.

oh for gods sake, do you drink coke? Do you wear Nike?
    Do you think every legal company is sweatness and light.

What do you want free trade drugs, ethical drugs? If the best arguement against ilegal drugs is that criminals make money from it then legalise it. Its actually the best argument for legalising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

Collie D wrote: »
    If we were to cull people just because they listen to awful music...

Hmm, your ideas intrigue me. How do I subscribe to your newsletter ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I work in hospital dude, constantly fed up with morons who take too much coke or 'herbal' E clogging up emergency rooms deflecting treatment from people who are in real need for treatment.

The coke and Herbal high overdoses are treated no different from your average heroin overdose

All morons clogging up health service because they knowingly put toxic substances in their bodies

In the canteen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I work in hospital dude, constantly fed up with morons who take too much coke or 'herbal' E clogging up emergency rooms deflecting treatment from people who are in real need for treatment.

The coke and Herbal high overdoses are treated no different from your average heroin overdose

All morons clogging up health service because they knowingly put toxic substances in their bodies
    Why are you an expert on narcotic subtances and how harmless they are

Working in a hospital and saying you deal with overdoses also does not make you an expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Put thousands of young lads who can´t handle their drink together and still people here blaming drugs. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

You've missed my point a bit. There is no murder in dealing weed in Ireland. There aren't a load of big gangs mass producing and selling, monopolising, it is mostly a few lads growing it themselves. It isn't being imported, it's not like the US and Mexico.

Cocaine is a different story, as it is certainly not produced in Ireland. I don't know about Ecstasy, haven't a breeze where that's produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 paul.

Hahahahaha, I have read this thread from page one and heard a lot of crap, but you made me sign in with your clear ignorance. If you really work in a hospital then you would have firstly admited that 95% of the morons clogging up the A+E after hours are drunk morons. You my friend, are a tool, good day sir :rolleyes:

yoyo wrote: »
    This bloke did it regularly, however, that is what I was saying in the previous post. It goes to show even "expierienced" users can f*ck up, and nearly end up in a body bag. He still does it now afaik.

I remember reading that it is rare for someone to die from an alcohol overdose, something about when you consume alcohol your body produces liquid to help "dilute" it and the main cause for alcohol related death is choking in own vomit. It can still be a dangerous drug, I'm not suggesting it isn't. I've done a few stupid binges in the past, but never ended up needing hospital treatment.

Nick
    I'm agreeing it's dangerous, I'm just pointing out that people think of alcohol poisoning when one doesn't need to get near that point to still possibly die. I've had a close call myself and had to roll someone on their side once. Never had a major issue with the other stuff apart from being an idiot, same as with drink.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Except for the three guys who are still in hospital.

That's one third of them still in hospital.
    Earlier it said 1 out of 7. Anyway, just making the point that to call them all attempted murders is a bit much when details are pretty thin on the ground. Though if it turns out as it seems to be worded in that article that someone stabbed at least 9 people over the course of 4-5 hours then there may be some questions that need answering on the organisational side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Namlub wrote: »
    You really need to take a lie down or something

I don't even read what he posts, most of it is complete waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,316 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Put thousands of young lads who can´t handle their drink together and still people here blaming drugs. :rolleyes:

Mind boggling tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

If a raver scanger; let's be more precise here says "goin for a slash" yo best be sure he hasn't got blood on his hands on his return. Slashings are ten a penny at raves down the years, under the banner of 'love'. Usually by gangbangers. Fred Thompson types. There's no doubt what the core audience tends to be but they're not all utter scumbags. that would be stereotyping

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

You've missed my point a bit. There is no murder in dealing weed in Ireland. There aren't a load of big gangs mass producing and selling, monopolising, it is mostly a few lads growing it themselves. It isn't being imported, it's not like the US and Mexico.

Cocaine is a different story, as it is certainly not produced in Ireland. I don't know about Ecstasy, haven't a breeze where that's produced.

Didnt John Gilligan deal in cannabis?

oh for gods sake, do you drink coke? Do you wear Nike?
    Do you think every legal company is sweatness and light.

What do you want free trade drugs, ethical drugs? If the best arguement against ilegal drugs is that criminals make money from it then legalise it. Its actually the best argument for legalising it.

I'm not making an argument against legalisation. I'm arguing against people buying drugs from violent dealers.

You are living in a dreamworld if you think hash is only sold by home growers in Ireland. It's a massive business in gangland. Just look at all the major seizures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Is it true that they sold glass bottles at the concert? Somebody that wasn't there told me this but I find it hard to believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I can't blame the stewart for not getting involed there.

I'd be willing to bet a thousand euro Sword Security were handling this event.
    They provide the actual security and dozens of stewarts at these shows. Its not up to the stewarts to stop fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Nikki Minaj is live on BBC3. Monitoring the crowd for potential rapist murderers

/after all, what man in his right mind would attend that

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They provide the actual security and dozens of stewarts at these shows. Its not up to the stewarts to stop fights.

Muck savages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Muck savages.

Literally!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Then, why have them there in the first place? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭average hero

There is a horrible culture in Ireland today I think. As a nation we don't have the maturity to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, or have two beers when we go out. There is a booze culture of getting absolutely hammered.

If drink is a legal intoxicant and we constantly abuse that and have all sorts of trouble with it, what problems will we have with pyscho-tropic drugs available for people to buy legally?

Couple that with an alarming rise in knife carrying among youths and a plummeting in societies moral and values (life becoming very cheap very fast) and there is a horrible potential for mayhem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement