Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

MagicSean wrote: »
    This is a cop out. Recreational drugs are not a necessity being kept for you. You hand your money to criminals completely of your own free will in exchange for drugs. If you are unhappy with the law you can campaign for it to be changed or move to a jurisdiction which allows drugs. But don't try and relieve your guilty conscience by saying the government made you do it. You make the choice to use the drugs and to buy them from dealers. It's all on you.

I didnt say its the government's fault. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking recreational drugs in moderation and alcohol is included in that. Those regular people who wanted a drink in 1930s America did so (and there were millions and millions of them) but were they wrong to do so? No, because there was no proper reason to stop people drinking alcohol. And the only difference between alcohol and the likes of marijuana is that one is legal and the other isnt. An administrative/legislative decision that is not based on the effects of the drugs in question. If it was how could alcohol be legal considering the destruction it causes?
    If drugs were legal the criminal element would be gone. By agreeing with the criminalisation of drugs you are 100% creating the illegal drug trade. That is all on you.
    You arent going to stop people taking drugs. Prohibition does not work and this has been proven time and time again to be the case. It didnt stop Americans boozing during prohibition and it wont stop people now.

amacca wrote: »
    funny, my dad has stories too..but none of them involved stabbings, hiv infected needles, unprovoked attacks etc

maybe he just lived a very sheltered life??????

Could be, my dad has stories of buses getting torched, plenty of unprovoked attacks etc. etc. I've heard a single story about a junkie threatening a mate with a needle and it's about 5 years since someone's started something with me on the street. I thought things would have gotten worse but back when I started going out there was a fight or two every night outside that I'd see, it's been happening less and less as far as I can see. Obviously perception is a funny thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Running from person to person, unless you're grabbing them and slicing their necks, it's pretty unlikely. Given the numbers and how quickly they were released I don't think it's Jack The Ripper-type slashings that happened.

I'm talking about someone stabbing someone in the torso and hitting vital organs. I've seen people die from a single stab wound without any of your fancy 'neck slicings' that you're going on about.

ok so your having an unbelievable night out, having a great time with your friends listening and watching some fantastic music. You get kicked in the stomach and are slightly winded for a about 2 seconds and then you forget about it and thus this night automatically becomes the worst night out ever?

I don't remember saying about the worst night ever. But being punched and kicked at random would definitely move the night well down below the night I was invited to a free bar, saw a great band and slept with a beautiful woman all without having any physical pain inflicted on me at all. Yup.
    Hope my life improves dramatically? Why does my life need to improve?

Well your best night out ever involved getting smacked about by people. Hope your life picks up so you can have a great night some time without being someone's punching bag. Y'know - that'd be nice wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i find it strange we can stamp out illegal parking by heavy handed clamping , and yet can not do something similar, to eradicate the rise of knife culture , which I find a much more disturbing part of our society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I didnt say its the government's fault. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking recreational drugs in moderation and alcohol is included in that. Those regular people who wanted a drink in 1930s America did so (and there were millions and millions of them) but were they wrong to do so? No, because there was no proper reason to stop people drinking alcohol. And the only difference between alcohol and the likes of marijuana is that one is legal and the other isnt. An administrative/legislative decision that is not based on the effects of the drugs in question. If it was how could alcohol be legal considering the destrction it causes?
    If drugs were legal the criminal element would be gone. By agreeing with the criminalisation of drugs you are 100% creating the illegal drug trade. That is all on you.
    You arent going to stop people taking drugs. Prohibition does not work and this has been proven time and time again to be the case. It didnt stop Americans boozing during prohibition and it wont stop people now.

Bull****. Alcohol is legal but the criminal element is still there. Cigarettes are legal but the criminal element is still there. DVDs are legal but the criminal element is still there. Cars are legal but the criminal element is still there. Wether prohibition is right or not is not relevent. The fact is you are freely handing money to people who hurt people to get you your drugs. Accept it and live with it.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm talking about someone stabbing someone in the torso and hitting vital organs. I've seen people die from a single stab wound without any of your fancy 'neck slicings' that you're going on about.
    There's few details about what happened at the gig but any other time someone's gone on a "rampage" it's been slashings rather than stabbings. Since they people were almost all released straighaway it sounds similar to the usual.

thebaz wrote: »
    i find it strange we can stamp out illegal parking by heavy handed clamping , and yet can not do something similar, to eradicate the rise of knife culture , which I find a much more disturbing part of our society

It's easy to spot a badly parked car. To find a knife you generally have to invade someones privacy and search them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think it is fair, at least a barman can (or should) watch over its customers it serves - supermarkets can afford to sell booze cheaply, and most people in the know will tell you , that much of the problem drink, sourced by problem drinkers is sourced at Supermarkets - meanwhile pubs throughout ireland are dying - yes I know many good citizens purchase the odd bottle of good value wine, and dont cause any problems, but for many the good value, isnt really good value in the long run , or for our society - just my views

It's not fair though. sure you can make the price of drink be so high so that only those that can afford it can drink, but that doesn't realistically solve the problem of alcoholism, we all know even some politicians and well paid people in this country may be alcoholics.
    I do know of people who are alcoholics, and can afford to drink 15+ pints daily, and the barmen will happily oblige. They would be the first to criticise cheap booze or can and bottle drinking from the off license. Hypocracy at its finest. But then again the publicans "look after" their patrons, except friday and saterday nights, or even most nights after closing time seemingly! When most drink related anti social behavior occurs...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

The druggies on this thread trying to justify their purchasing of their coke and yokes is gas.

They dont want to be lumped in with the heroin zombies you see zonked out on Marlborough Street but your only one step away from them

I think you're gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There's few details about what happened at the gig but any other time someone's gone on a "rampage" it's been slashings rather than stabbings. Since they people were almost all released straighaway it sounds similar to the usual.

Except for the three guys who are still in hospital.

That's one third of them still in hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Now it seems there is a missing girl.

#findnicole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I agree with you to an extent. But in fairness the campers are just waiting about the place for cars. The gardai are always out and about and are over stretched. The problem won't go away without putting more gardai on the street and improving laws. I feel that Ireland has adopted the uk stance on knifes.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I've been out for a few hours, has anyone blamed Hitler yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

It's easy to spot a badly parked car. To find a knife you generally have to invade someones privacy and search them.

its the deterent thing - i dont understand the mentality of someone going out for a good night or day, and thinks it necessary to pack a knife - where it interferes with my or other members of our society rights, a harsh sentence should be meted out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Look, there was 4 people slashed in Waterford a few months ago. Three of them were lucky enough to get away with minor injuries (like the majority in this story) but one of them lost a significant amount of blood and was kept in hospital for a few days. He was slashed from his ear to under his chin. That story didn't get the coverage that this incident has but I would regard that as more serious considering the severity of the injuries.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

One bad experience, sounds safe enough :pac: I know tonnes of people who did it more than regularly without any close calls.
    This bloke did it regularly, however, that is what I was saying in the previous post. It goes to show even "expierienced" users can f*ck up, and nearly end up in a body bag. He still does it now afaik.
    Exactly, the choking on vomit is more common so it doesn't even take getting to the point of alcohol poisoning for most direct alcohol-related deaths.

I remember reading that it is rare for someone to die from an alcohol overdose, something about when you consume alcohol your body produces liquid to help "dilute" it and the main cause for alcohol related death is choking in own vomit. It can still be a dangerous drug, I'm not suggesting it isn't. I've done a few stupid binges in the past, but never ended up needing hospital treatment.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    every adult verbally or physically abused by kid should by law have right to kick that youth ass. Kids if not stopped when they are kids when they grow up will behave like that idiot with knife yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fiacha

#findnicole

Hopefully she's just shacked up with someone and has lost track of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Bull****. Alcohol is legal but the criminal element is still there. Cigarettes are legal but the criminal element is still there. DVDs are legal but the criminal element is still there. Cars are legal but the criminal element is still there. Wether prohibition is right or not is not relevent. The fact is you are freely handing money to people who hurt people to get you your drugs. Accept it and live with it.

Ok we arent going to agree. You are sticking to the commonly held "drugs are bad m'kay" stance. That is what you grew up with and have always been told so it's understandable. It is against the law and that is that.

However, look at the situation logically. And that includes actually understanding what these drugs are. Then ask yourself why are these illegal in comparison to alcohol or cigarettes which has people dying in huge numbers yearly in this country. All are drugs so whats the difference? All involve substances entering the bloodstream so what is the difference?

No need to tell me my argument is bull**** because i disagree with you. Also, your argument loses a little of its punch with the bold bit which is simplistic and frankly a little silly.

Also, i havent once said i buy drugs from drug dealers here (have a read). I can understand that you have jumped on it given my outrageous and frighteningly anarchic argument :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

#findnicole

Lets hope she wasnt some girl caught on camera having a bop on some Lads mickey and has changed her name and moved to Yemen out of embarrassment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The druggies on this thread trying to justify their purchasing of their coke and yokes is gas.

They dont want to be lumped in with the heroin zombies you see zonked out on Marlborough Street but your only one step away from them

I find the people posting stuff that shows they dont have a single clue what theyre talking about even more gas.

Ok we arent going to agree. You are sticking to the commonly held "drugs are bad m'kay" stance. That is what you grew up with and have always been told so it's understandable. It is against the law and that is that.

However, look at the situation logically. And that includes actually understanding what these drugs are. Then ask yourself why are these illegal in comparison to alcohol or cigarettes which has people dying in huge numbers yearly in this country. All are drugs so whats the difference? All involve substances entering the bloodstream so what is the difference?

No need to tell me my argument is bull**** because i disagree with you. Also, your argument loses a little of its punch with the bold bit which is simplistic and frankly a little silly.

Also, i havent once said i buy drugs from drug dealers once here (have a read). I can understand that you have jumped on it given my outrageous and frighteningly anarchic argument :rolleyes:

Again, the issue of prohibition is irrelevant to my statement. So is the issue of their use or if they are good or bad. The FACT is that drugs are prohibited. The FACT is that they are not necessary for a person to survive. This means that if you buy drugs you are choosing to give money to murderers of your own free will.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

LH Pathe wrote: »
    ah.. see. the real guetta exists, somewhere.. underground. just he chooses to go public with embarrassing sell-out David. Where dem girls at?!

When scandinavian nurds up on a podium behind their apple logo are the new rockstars, making a fortune from a veritable prerecording of blips n bleeps it's no wonder the worlds awash with automated music; idiots.. digital air whoosing out of cones. Whooosh.. Can you literally feel it? hardly about the music now, is it.. speaker physics. how low can you go. Low as the sub-bass levels, undiminished. 5miles away.

Why us rave basically a metronome, micmicking a heartbeat? apart from permeating peoples heads with machinery from a great distance like it was downstairs.. it's to try stimulate em back to life.

You sound like an Opeth fan or something, maybe porcupine tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

This means that if you buy drugs you are choosing to give money to murderers of your own free will.

Who is the fellah who grows weed in his cupboard killing, exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Don't mind the gays and hipsters this type of music is the staple of scum on these shores primarily. That one big mono-culture of disenfranchised dregs in global corps sweatshop clobber we see today where proper diversity and worthwhile rebellion; agendas used to exist gave rise to scumbag/scanger. Gangsters? Many snide scummers seem to be dealing with their own personal episode of love/hate as the E wears off.

These hippies profess 'love' but everything about these events is just superficial. Evil cult masquerading as good, where have we heard that before.. hmm. More love in my left nut than an entire pen of e'd up ravers, deluding emselves tbh.. Production line dross, for drones. May seem like it but you don't have to be that. Even my nephew's a little raver now :/ what happened to punks n rockers man.. took solace in the campuses, it seems :( used to be common at street level. Youth culture is indeed, dead

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I didnt say its the government's fault. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking recreational drugs in moderation and alcohol is included in that. Those regular people who wanted a drink in 1930s America did so (and there were millions and millions of them) but were they wrong to do so? No, because there was no proper reason to stop people drinking alcohol. And the only difference between alcohol and the likes of marijuana is that one is legal and the other isnt. An administrative/legislative decision that is not based on the effects of the drugs in question. If it was how could alcohol be legal considering the destrction it causes?

Are you comparing drug crime, killings, beatings and all a that to illegally downloading movies??

Also the only avenue to get drugs is thru dealers. Alcohol, ciggies and cars are slightly different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Again, the issue of prohibition is irrelevant to my statement. So is the issue of their use or if they are good or bad. The FACT is that drugs are prohibited. The FACT is that they are not necessary for a person to survive. This means that if you buy drugs you are choosing to give money to murderers of your own free will.

Capital letters really convince me that it is in fact a fact. You win there I think.

Who is the fellah who grows weed in his cupboard killing, exactly?

Nobody. That's why I'm speaking about buying drugs. not manufacturing your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

df1985 wrote: »

I find the people posting stuff that shows they dont have a single clue what theyre talking about even more gas.

I work in hospital dude, constantly fed up with morons who take too much coke or 'herbal' E clogging up emergency rooms deflecting treatment from people who are in real need for treatment.

The coke and Herbal high overdoses are treated no different from your average heroin overdose

All morons clogging up health service because they knowingly put toxic substances in their bodies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 elpistolero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brDluvb4Ums&feature=channel&list=UL this is how ill remember yesterday had a great day only seen 1 punch being thrown, sorry to hear about stabbings and stuff but it happens at all festivals throughout the world, we aint the only ones, time to put on more aftersun

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement