Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Eramen wrote: »
    Should have dropped a bomb on that place yesterday, it would have halved unemployment and increased the average IQ of the country significantly.

Leave the concert goers for the time being, and start by culling the next person to post this 'joke', the mud video, or the T-in-the-Park pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Onixx wrote: »
    Heh, I like some of his tunes. :D
    Ditto Calvin Harris.

I draw the line at NDubz.

I draw the line at all of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Prop Joe wrote: »
    It's illegal?

That's your logic as to why they are idiots?

And you smoke, and you think you are not an idiot? The biggest preventable cause of death in the world.

Can you not see a flaw in your arguement there. Smoking is Ilegal in Bhutan, does that make you an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

You drink and smoke and you dont fund drug dealers. Ok.

Good man.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

It's illegal?
    Do you think the people who drank during Prohibition were idiots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

?

You do fund drug dealers. What do you think cigerette companies are?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭numbnutz

RMD wrote: »
    It's not the Act but the genre. SHM play commercial house music, many of Dublin's finest knackers like commercial house music. This is why for example gigs like Avicii, Deadmau5 and SHM all had a larger "knacker" content than we'll say Tim Mason and Seth Troxler who've both played Dublin recently. They play a different genre of dance music which doesn't appeal to the average 15-24 year old knacker and as such their gigs didn't receive the same type of crowd. They were all great nights and all went out without a hitch. It's not the act but the genre which draws the scum.

David Guetta is playing Marley park on August 24th, I'm pretty certain it's going to go off exactly like yesterday did as he's also an incredibly big name in commercial house music. I'd like to see 1-2 of his supporting acts but I'm going to avoid that gig because it's going to be ruined by the minority of scum who act out so much they appear to be the majority. Shame.

This is it fullstop!Excellent appraisal,explanation and summary of everything to do with last night.

Take a bow son!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

People who do drugs are f**king Gob****es

your username is invalid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

No, it's not. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry, but you don't.

I've seen completely sober scumbags beat people within an inch of their lives. I've seen drunk people help others when they fall down.

Alcohol doesn't make timid people violent. It reduces inhibitions. It makes it more likely than violent scumbags will be violent scumbags. Alcohol isn't a common factor. Scumbags are the common factor.

Ok one more time.

Alcohol + drugs in a crowd of young people = bad.
    Alcohol only in a big crowd of young people = bad.
    Drugs only in a crowd of young people = not nearly as bad.

I know perfectly well that alcohol removes inhibitiions. The timid person is not violent with no alcohol. The same timid person when drunk will lose his inhibitions and decide to take action in whatever situation he is in. The timid person with 2 E's in his system will be a sentimental blubbering mess completely incapable and disinterested in fighting.

I know perfectly well what i'm talking about dont worry. Some have pointed out that the cheap supermarket booze is the problem. I agree to a certain extent but am just back from Poland where i saw cheap alcohol being sold in a butcher's in the village i was staying. So i think its probably a cultural thing here more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

yoyo wrote: »
    I know alcoholics who never drank at home... Always in the pub, I suppose people are different but blaming cheap booze in supermarkets as a source of alcohol problems is not fair.

I think it is fair, at least a barman can (or should) watch over its customers it serves - supermarkets can afford to sell booze cheaply, and most people in the know will tell you , that much of the problem drink, sourced by problem drinkers is sourced at Supermarkets - meanwhile pubs throughout ireland are dying - yes I know many good citizens purchase the odd bottle of good value wine, and dont cause any problems, but for many the good value, isnt really good value in the long run , or for our society - just my views

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Nodin wrote: »
    One death, drug related. As has been pointed out a few times before. And no, political intervention isn't nessecary unless something "new" has happened, and I'm not convinced it has.

and multiple attempted murders..

can only say that those defending it; are it. Sorry, no quarter given. Not one big love-in.. as such events are regularly advertised as. to me, they're just a big snide skobe in ghey clothing. Or vice-versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

.....because of emmigration.

One death, drug related. As has been pointed out a few times before. And no, political intervention isn't nessecary unless something "new" has happened, and I'm not convinced it has.

FFS! Have you read this thread, or the news, or the comments on Youtube and FB? There is a huge amount of eye-witness accounts from people at the concert, in its vicinity, or in the vicinity of attendees. People are describing absolute bloody carnage, rampant lawlessness, intimidation, drunkenness, drug abuse, violence, and various lewd acts.

It is bloody clear AS DAY that we already have serious public order issues in Ireland. It's the same routine all over the country every weekend from small villages to major urban centres - young people hammered drunk, causing trouble. The police do nothing. The courts don't take it seriously.

In case you haven't noticed, 9 PEOPLE WERE STABBED. Yes, politicians need to intervene now to finally bring an end to this absolute craziness.

How in hell can you not see that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

.....because of emigration.

You're assuming emigration.
    Nodin wrote:
    As for politicians, I'd love to think they exist to do the right thing. Childish I know :pac:

Regardless of whether it was drugs or alcohol which caused the problems - I go with Alcohol, what we have here is in fact new. Seven stabbings, which could have resulted in seven deaths. The handing of security to a private organisation in its entirely, the non-existence of the Gardai on the local streets, the ceding of the city to a mob for a few hours. Not too different from St. Patrick's day right enough, but we cant keep on with doing nothing. What to do? Maybe remove all concerts from the park, push them out to the Aviva. Have riot police on hand. Stop all drunks from getting in - turnstiles are your friend.

When would you act, Nodin? Ten stabbings? Twenty? Fifty? A few deaths thrown in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 immersive

Lumbo wrote: »
    Yeah, his music's terrible.

Still making great underground music. He does the chart stuff for everybody for the bucks. The GUetta that produces most of the number ones these days is the not the real Guetta. But the real Guetta still exists. He does it all.....because he can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I had one of the best nights of my life there last night. However I did get punched in the face an kicked in the stomach by 2 different scumbags, for literally no reason.

You must have some fairly sh*tty nights if a night where you got punched and kicked at random by strangers counts as one of the best in your life.
    Awful news, but this thread is an absolute trainwreck- Kiera has closed her account!

She does that. She'll come back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

LH Pathe wrote: »
    for all the mid class electro hipsters n their vision of a chilly chill botique electronic 'music' will always bring the degenerates primarily attracted on the basis there's a sea change and musical instyments are being done away with- just about pushing the boundaries of a sound system via digtal noise which van exploit higher levels. My house in crumlin, 4 miles away was vibrating last night with tynee tempah's sub-bass bins.

try hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I Drink and Smoke,No coffee but i don't fund drug dealers

But you used to be one...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

Yet crime is lower now than when young lads were sent to borstal for any little thing they did, how does that work?

brushstrokes are a bit broad there...depends on the type of "crime" you are measuring and what the statisticians consider to be "crime" plus how much of it goes un-noticed/unpunished and never even makes it into those oft quoted precious statistics

In my experience of living and working in this country...........the type of crime I'm talking about (thuggery, unprovoked attacks and general scumbaggishness, physically intimidating behavior leading to fighting on the street etc) is definitely on the increase (over that last 20 -25 years)...unless I'm imagining things, and I dont think its a case of rose tinted glasses...things were not perfect in the past but there was a lid on this type of behaviour to an extent because the punishment would be relatively quick and relatively severe enough to serve as a deterrant...that deterrant does not exist any more

now, even people who can stand up for themselves physically are afraid to because the situation has gotten out of hand....you dont know if its a set up, if you'll lose an eye, your life because the scumbags have no limits and no real consequences...when they are caught they will probably just walk out of court smirking at you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 immersive

seanbmc wrote: »
    I'll be leaving as soon as Gueta graces the stage, looking forward to seeing Tommy Trash and Wolfgang Gartner.

Wolfgang Gartner. Absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

If you buy pills the weekend or occasionally or whenever do you not know that the few quid you throw the dealer indirectly ends up in the pockets of the biggest scummers in Ireland who cause so much pain in this county.

I try my best not to break the law in all aspects of life especially not aiding criminals.

Just can't see how someone can justify giving money to these scum in exchange for a bit of a buzz for a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Heisenberggg

immersive wrote: »
    Point is only in Ireland though. Not in other countries and I have first hand experience of this. I could name one ANdrea bocelli track and you know which one! Because I'm not into his stuff. All the scumbags there yesterday could name one or two Swedish house mafia tracks. The ones in the charts or on mainstream radio. But they wouldn't know anything at all above the individual djs, their underground music or their other productions for popstars etc. Point being they don't actually follow this music, they are mainly there to get wasted etc. They are scumbags, that is why. As someone asked above, why do we have so many scumbags in this country?

This is so true. If swedish house mafia weren't as big as they are then you'd only have genuine fans going. The scumbags are more their for a piss up rather than the actual music. I'm quite embarrassed to live in the same city as some of them and it's saddening that one of swedish house mafias last ever shows has been covered in a bad light by absolute scum. You'd never hear about this at other festivals of EDM like tomorrowland or UMF but for some reason Ireland seems to attract the lowest of the low. I was at the concert last night and seen one fight all in all. Even though it was only one fight it was pretty brutal. Girls and Lads both involved with three girls kicking another girl in the face and head whilst she on the ground trying to get back up. Another fella was knocked unconscious and people were trying to get security over to help him. My sister went also but couldnt handle the absolute scum and left early. Someone let off tear gas where she was and she left. It's just ridiculous.

Regardless of whether it was drugs or alcohol which caused the problems - I go with Alcohol, what we have here is in fact new. Seven stabbings, which could have resulted in seven deaths. The handing of security to a private organisation in its entirely, the non-existence of the Gardai on the local streets, the ceding of the city to a mob for a few hours. Not too different from St. Patrick's day right enough, but we cant keep on with doing nothing. What to do? Maybe remove all concerts from the park, push them out to the Aviva. Have riot police on hand. Stop all drunks from getting in - turnstiles are your friend.

When would you act, Nodin? Ten stabbings? Twenty? Fifty? A few deaths thrown in?

All but one were released from hospital last night so probably a bit much to call them all attempted murders. There was an incident in Drogheda a few years ago where someone went out and slashed half a dozen people on a weekend night, not a huge deal made out of it. Someone being an arsehole isn't new, it happens now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

All but one were released from hospital last night so probably a bit much to call them all attempted murders. There was an incident in Drogheda a few years ago where someone went out and slashed half a dozen people on a weekend night, not a huge deal made out of it. Someone being an arsehole isn't new, it happens now and again.

See my sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you stab someone then the chances are much higher that they'll die than if you swing a fist at them.

It's a lot worse than 'being an arsehole'.

amacca wrote: »
    brushstrokes are a bit broad there...depends on the type of "crime" you are measuring and what the statisticians consider to be "crime" plus how much of it goes un-noticed/unpunished and never even makes it into those oft quoted precious statistics

In my experience of living and working in this country...........the type of crime I'm talking about (thuggery, unprovoked attacks and general scumbaggishness, physically intimidating behavior leading to fighting on the street etc) is definitely on the increase (over that last 20 -25 years)...unless I'm imagining things, and I dont think its a case of rose tinted glasses...things were not perfect in the past but there was a lid on this type of behaviour to an extent because the punishment would be relatively quick and relatively severe enough to serve as a deterrant...that deterrant does not exist any more

now, even people who can stand up for themselves physically are afraid to because the situation has gotten out of hand....you dont know if its a set up, if you'll lose an eye, your life because the scumbags have no limits and no real consequences...when they are caught they will probably just walk out of court smirking at you
    Funny thing is I would've thought it'd gone up in the last 5 years but in my own experience it doesn't seem to have. My dad has loads of war stories from 40-25 years ago that makes several towns come across like warzones.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Scumbags tend to like ****e music, especially ****e dance music & ****e rap/hip hop.

Combine that with it being a lovely sunny day, during the summer when they are off from school/fas courses and being a saturday after they have colelcted their dole or childrens allowance on the thursday.

Its a perfect storm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

If you buy pills the weekend or occasionally or whenever do you not know that the few quid you throw the dealer indirectly ends up in the pockets of the biggest scummers in Ireland who cause so much pain in this county.

I try my best not to break the law in all aspects of life especially not aiding criminals.

Just can't see how someone can justify giving money to these scum in exchange for a bit of a buzz for a few hours.

Prop Joe is against drug dealers?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

People who do drugs are f**king Gob****es
    I Drink and Smoke

:eek:

See my sig.
    I'm not fluent in gibberish.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If you stab someone then the chances are much higher that they'll die than if you swing a fist at them.

It's a lot worse than 'being an arsehole'.

Kneecapping someone is worse than punching them, still isn't attempted murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,325 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

There should be a mandatory sentence for someone caught carrying a knife - 5 years at least imo.

If you carry a knife you must intend to use it at some stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement