Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Aw Robinc - congrats! Well done you! And such a pretty name.

Can I ask why they only kept you one night in HS? I was told that it's minimum of 3 nights on the first unless you apply for early transfer home which they don't like to grant on your first baby.

Oh and cyning - hope you're doing well... We're all thinking of you!
    They asked me if I wanted to stay and I said I would go if they let me.. I had no complications so they were happy enough with that.. Hospitals are also very busy, I was barely out of the bed and they were getting it ready for the next one!.. I was delighted to go home, nothing like your own comforts.. Holles is very well run, Emma is thriving and got her bcg before we left and a full check over..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

cyning wrote: »
    I'm not sure the battery on my phone will ever be the same after bejewelled blitz!

They'll be putting me on trace shortly and then internal with gel and then stay on the trace for about 40 min after that. Same again about six in the morning and then if things still don't get moving I'll be reassessed about 12 tomorrow!

Robinc I'm all for an epidural now! I can't believe you got home so fast: totally jealous! Hope ye both doing well :)
    Best of luck Cyning... I'm no hero so was looking for pain relief when I got in the door!! You'll do great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Hey all,
    Congratulations to the new Mammys, I had a quick run down on this thread over the last few days and boy oh boy ye can talk!! The support is fantastic!
    I`ve been sorting out a few thing so hadn`t been posting in a while...
    Mainly me been selfemployed, working 60+ hours on my feet and trying to get cover (now sorted!) and convincing my husband to get a job (sorted!) He actually started his new job the same day I started my maternity leave...
    God the relief is great - I could wash all the little bits, and get on with looking forward to due day rather than dreading it. Resting my cankles and I also got that dreaded Carpel Tunnel thing too.
    So 2 weeks to go before I meet our little man, Dr app this morning I lost .5 kilo since last visit although I thought I was getting bigger...
    I`m very excited now and a good bit scared of the actual level of pain, I`m quite good with pain but there`s no testdrive to see how bad it could get before I pass the point of no Epidural, I wanted to give birth with the help of gravity... So we`ll see

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Thanks Robinc good to hear. Good on you - you sound like you're doing really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Cyning bejewelled is the business :)

I hope that gel is working its charm :D good luck & we look forward to your news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

First lot went well anyway: they said babies head is well down so that's really good news :) I must say I feel like a sack of potatoes in my nightdress however!!

In someone looking down on me I have a 6 roomed ward all to myself so I have windows open so im not roasting and noone snoring woohoo :D

Fri.day it great your oh got a job and you got cover: at least you can relax now :) well kinda anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

First lot went well anyway: they said babies head is well down so that's really good news :) I must say I feel like a sack of potatoes in my nightdress however!!

In someone looking down on me I have a 6 roomed ward all to myself so I have windows open so im not roasting and noone snoring woohoo :D

Fri.day it great your oh got a job and you got cover: at least you can relax now :) well kinda anyway!

lucky you - now you can enjoy your night and get some rest!
    how was gettin gel if you dont mind me asking?

It was surprisingly fine seeing as so many people told me it hurt!

Midwife came in and examined me and put some gel up there with like a little tube thing. Over and done in about 30 seconds: it stung a little for about an hour: very similar to when you have thrush and use a pessary to be honest. I was on the trace for 20 minutes before and about 40 minutes after. By which stage I desperately needed the loo again :)

They'll repeat that again about 5/530 in morning and fingers crossed baby will get a move on by that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Best of luck cyning,

You'll be up in the middle of the night, doing night feeds soon I hope.

No early morning update from Cyning...maybe the first lot of gel worked a treat & our next little July baby is on her way or....bejewelled killed her battery :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Welcome back fri.day. I think we are die the same day 18th? That's great re: hubby getting a job. I'm having the opposite problem, trying to get hubby to sort out some kind of cover for when I go into labour. He's a farmer, so them cows need to be milked! He hasn't organised anybody to be on standby yet. I keep telling him about all the early July babies and that it could happen any night!!

Best of luck cyning, you must have had 2nd lot of gel by now, hopefully things are moving along swiftly for you.

Has anybody decided on what position they want to give birth in? The midwife that we had our antenatal class ( not really a clas as it was just me, hubby and midwife) with said that the best position is all fours ( that's if you don't get an epi of course) she was just saying it makes logical sence to be in that position and lying down on your back just makes it harder/ longer. It's all about the gravity people!!!

Another quick question...do phn's still call to your house after the birth to check baby? This happened when I had my first, this woman arrived at the door, she was a local woman that I kinda knew. Didn't even know she was a nurse! Do I need to organise this visit myself ? I don't even know who the local phn is!? Or does a little birdie tell them that I've had my baby and they call over then?

Silly yes they do still come around and the maternity pass on your details to them I believe :)

Our midwife said a lot of women prefer to be in some type of upright position letting gravity help. She mentioned squatting (how your knees cope with that I don't know!), on the bed on you knees leaning over the head end (the beds are those ones with moving areas so you can move head end up) etc.

Baby not here second lot of gel starting to work I think judging by pain in my back etc and horrendous nausea do fingers crossed they'll be able to break my waters about 12 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Baby not here second lot of gel starting to work I think judging by pain in my back etc and horrendous nausea do fingers crossed they'll be able to break my waters about 12 ish

Best of luck Cyning, hopefully won't take too much longer!

Congrats Fri.day re the hubby job front, that must be one hell of a big relief!

I'm still in the hospital, BP is down, but they found some calcification of the placenta, so they want to keep an eye on the baby. They are deciding whether or not to induce me tomorrow I think, but this morning my cervix was still pretty high and solid, so they might be forced to hold off for a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Oh wow Kash, keep us posted, hope you're feeling alright in there, getting any sleep?
    I'm not sure the battery on my phone will ever be the same after bejewelled blitz!

If you're still in the mood for games, angry birds & cut the rope are very addictive! And I hope you are either still in that 6 room ward all to yourself or in your own delivery suite maybe??

Friday, fair play to you doing 60 hr week up until your mat leave. I'm such a wuss, had to drop to 35 hours & I still have a week left & don't know how I'm going to do it as so tired. I'm delighted you get to enjoy your mat leave & get your nesting done!

I had an apt for Rotunda midwives yesterday but didn't go (I left a msg cancelling it the day before) but they musn't have gotten the msg & called me to see was I okay. They're fine that I'm seeing my own midwife & GP for bloods & happy enough that I'll go in if my midwife feels I need to for a scan or whatnot. They were like "well let us know how you get on". I thought that was lovely, wasn't expecting anyone from there to follow up on me! The midwives in there are so nice.

My OH says that there should be a warning on iTunes & iphones that you should not try & run updates/back ups/app syncing etc after 35 weeks pregnancy as you're liable to throw all your equipment out the window. He came home & I'd a big scorpy head on me as was after wasting ages trying to get all this technical stuff done with my phone. Put me in a foul mood.

Will they keep you in if they can't induce you kash?

Mink wrote: »
    Oh wow Kash, keep us posted, hope you're feeling alright in there, getting any sleep?

I had some earplugs in my bag so I'm actually sleeping great! I am bored out of my tree though. I'm switching between reading, knitting and playing Temple Run but I'm getting sick of all of them now. I think I'll get hubby to bring in my laptop so I can watch some movies.

The ward isnt too bad actually, only 5 beds and right at the end of the corridor, so quiet enough. Plus, I have the window beside me, so I'm not boiling!

I just hope everything is good with the little one

Will they keep you in if they can't induce you kash?

Absolutely no idea Cyning, I still can't get over how little they actually tell you!

Hope your feeling ok cyning!!!

Hope your ok too Kash!
    Back to hospital in half an hour myself, worked myself right up about it after last time..

I'm a big fan of Bag It on my phone at moment :) I love stupid games!

They are so slow to tell you anything really: like if I'm not dilated enough they'll give me more gel but I'm still not sure what they'll do after that!

Java it will all be fine in hosp :)

• Advertisement

Kash glad to hear they are keeping a close eye on you but I'm sure you are bored silly at this stage! Laptop with movies sounds like a good plan :)

Cyning I hope the gel is taking affect & your little one gets moving soon!

Just out from the consultants - our little one is having a window escape next Tuesday or Wednesday (he is pretty sure it's first thing Wednesday admitting Tuesday but is going to call me if it's not)! She is still very high up and is already 8.75lbs (his previously predicted birth weight!) so along with everything else a section is the best option for me which I am fine about :) Getting her here safely is my main priority!
    In all fairness if she was left to her own time she would more than likely go over (as she is still so high up) & be over 10lbs :eek:

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Kash glad to hear they are keeping a close eye on you but I'm sure you are bored silly at this stage! Laptop with movies sounds like a good plan :)

Cyning I hope the gel is taking affect & your little one gets moving soon!

Just out from the consultants - our little one is having a window escape next Tuesday or Wednesday (he is pretty sure it's first thing Wednesday admitting Tuesday but is going to call me if it's not)! She is still very high up and is already 8.75lbs (his previously predicted birth weight!) so along with everything else a section is the best option for me which I am fine about :) Getting her here safely is my main priority!
    In all fairness if she was left to her own time she would more than likely go over (as she is still so high up) & be over 10lbs :eek:

We are only rocking the amazon women twomums!!!
    Predicted birth weight for Zoe: 9.2lbs (But sure you have big hips is what they said when I asked for early inducement)

So back next thurs for sweep and probably inducing Monday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Two Mums I bet you can't wait for her to arrive :)

I'm getting period like pains since last evening

Saurelin it's kinda weird knowing that by next week she will already be here :) but in a lovely way! Really looking forward to meeting our little (or not so) one & having a date does help get our doggy sorted in boarding/daycare without the panic :)

Javagal my partner said maybe its the name Zoe :D Glad to know I'm not the only one with a whopper ;) Remember im a shorty with a dodgy hip so im sure you will be fine and your Zoe is engaged so at least she is thinking about leaving...mine is squashed but cosy with no notion of heading for the door :D Well she did have a good squirm down there yesterday but it got her nowhere!

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Saurelin it's kinda weird knowing that by next week she will already be here :) but in a lovely way! Really looking forward to meeting our little (or not so) one & having a date does help get our doggy sorted in boarding/daycare without the panic :)

Javagal my partner said maybe its the name Zoe :D Glad to know I'm not the only one with a whopper ;) Remember im a shorty with a dodgy hip so im sure you will be fine and your Zoe is engaged so at least she is thinking about leaving...mine is squashed but cosy with no notion of heading for the door :D Well she did have a good squirm down there yesterday but it got her nowhere!

Maybe it is the name Zoe!!!

Mine has gotten far too comfy in there, she must be getting wifi and tv and thought "Maybe I'll stay in and order chinese instead of breastmilk"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Haha, it would be typical of this day & age that baby comes out with their own smartphone & tweeting about the birth experience. Java I'd say you'll go before the sweep, never mind the induction.

On Sunday we were in Dundrum centre & went into Mama's & Papa's & bought the first toy for baby. I realised I'd only bought him practical stuff & wanted to get him a little buddy. Now he won't be interested in the stuffed bunny we got for a while, but it's nice to have gotten his first teddy for him. It's so soft, I might sleep with it a bit so it has my smell on it for him.

I'm not dilated enough for them to break my waters (although she did try to stretch things dear lord it hurt) but I am getting contractions. So got more gel so unless things start moving on there own baby won't be here till tomorrow.

Java trust me on this: induction is fine if you or babs needs it but really other than that you do want to go naturally :)

One of the women on the ward neither her or her partner can read very well: they are reading articles aloud together. Very very loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Mink wrote: »

On Sunday we were in Dundrum centre & went into Mama's & Papa's & bought the first toy for baby. I realised I'd only bought him practical stuff & wanted to get him a little buddy. Now he won't be interested in the stuffed bunny we got for a while, but it's nice to have gotten his first teddy for him. It's so soft, I might sleep with it a bit so it has my smell on it for him.
    Never thought to buy first toy! Good idea. I've only practical stuff bought too. My mom bought my 11 yr old her first teddy and she still has it on her bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Saurelin wrote: »
    Two Mums I bet you can't wait for her to arrive :)

I'm getting period like pains since last evening

One of the women on the ward neither her or her partner can read very well: they are reading articles aloud together. Very very loudly.

Saurelin - I've been getting these too for the last few days and more frequent bowel movements. Considering im usually constipated for days on end this is welcome:) Boobs are sore and hard today too....wonder if its a sign as things starting for us Saurelin?? Fecken hope so...

Anyone going to STGH (Clonmel hospital)? There is a visiting ban there at the mo!

Cyning - oh no, that could get very old very quickly.

Is anyone getting very cranky/irritable...hubbie was eating crackers and cheese last night and I swear the noise of him chewing the crackers was driving me insane. I wanted to strangle him. I must be a complete joy to live with at the moment :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

WWC1 wrote: »
    Saurelin - I've been getting these too for the last few days and more frequent bowel movements. Considering im usually constipated for days on end this is welcome:) Boobs are sore and hard today too....wonder if its a sign as things starting for us Saurelin?? Fecken hope so...

Going to the toilet a lot more frequent too which is a welcome change for sure!!!

Advertisement