Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options
  • 06-07-2012 3:08pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is a continuation of the original "Ulster Bank systems are down thread" and Part 2, which have been closed off due to their evergrowing size.

The same rules apply on this thread as on the previous:

a) Keep the posts constructive and civil.
    b) Keep them on topic (i.e, the outage, (questions and answers on what people should do/can do), status updates etc)
    c) Do not respond on thread to a post which you feel is unacceptable
    d) Report any such posts
    e) Retaliation is just as bad as instigating: i.e. "he started it" is not a defence. Drag the thread off topic, even in reply to a post by someone else will lead to deletion/infraction/bans
    f) No "funny" pics/videos/whatever else you think is hilarious. It's most likely isn't funny, and it's probably been deleted already.
    g) Anyone who falls foul of the above will get short shrift

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Got my wages!!!! were due in Thursday week last.
    Wife is still waiting,hers were due last Thursday week last also and were supposed to be an easy transfer from HSE (who use UB for wage transfer to another UB account......the cashier said that something strange was happening between UB AND UB a/c !!!!! they are not showing up,yet HSE transfers from UB have taken place to external banks!!! What a b*lls up!

This quote from HSE explains why other banks account holders were paid on time:

Access to Funds for HSE Payees:
    HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers
    Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.
    Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.
    HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers
    All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees.

Someone posted it before, couldn't find it...

It only shows how UB customers are being put on hold, while OUR bank main priority is to avoid hassle of being charged/sued by other people/banks!!!

Money for everyone but us???

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Wonski,thanks for that info,Typical of UB and indeed typical of HSE,(ANOTHER SHOWER OF bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭B9K9

spoke to polite gent @ branch. Said I will move unless heavily incentivised...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

wonski wrote: »
    This quote from HSE explains why other banks account holders were paid on time:

Access to Funds for HSE Payees:
    HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers
    Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.
    Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.
    HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers
    All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees.

Someone posted it before, couldn't find it...

It only shows how UB customers are being put on hold, while OUR bank main priority is to avoid hassle of being charged/sued by other people/banks!!!

Money for everyone but us???

My husband's wages due 28th June still haven't arrived and he works for the HSE. And we're UB also. No Child Benefit yet either. So basically we have received no payments INTO our accounts since all this started..Plenty off DDs and Standing Orders going out though leaving us almost 600 Euro everdrawn since yesterday. So so so p***ed off now. So much for them saying on the news that they are up to the start of this week now with transactions :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭RedXIV

thread 3 eh? doesn't bode well for those casually keeping an eye on the situation if we're getting through them that fast! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Was considering a complaint to the broadcasting authority of ireland in relation to the incorrect data being spun by the media but like the Central Bank etc. you have to complain to the broadcaster in the first instance so basically this country is set up in such a way that there is no complaints procedures that the ordinary man on the street can use without having to be spun along for months on end.

My husband's wages due 28th June still haven't arrived and he works for the HSE. And we're UB also. No Child Benefit yet either. So basically we have received no payments INTO our accounts since all this started..Plenty off DDs and Standing Orders going out though leaving us almost 600 Euro everdrawn since yesterday. So so so p***ed off now. So much for them saying on the news that they are up to the start of this week now with transactions :mad::mad::mad:

Believe me, i was more than patient over last week, and gave them enough time to put things right...
    Still not paid for last month, and at this stage i am overdrawn 70E...
    I have no clue if my bills are paid, and will have to pay them another visit tomorrow with my payslip, so they can stamp it for the second time...
    The thing is i need the cash, but i also need cleared balance in my account so i can pay for things with my card.
    My credit card limit is as low as few hundreds, so i don't want to use it now for withdrawals, to avoid asking for charges/interest refund in (I hope) the nearest future.
    My balance went down due to the charges, and i was expecting them to stop charging the accounts until they fix their system. Apparently charging customers is only option that is working correctly on their end. Can't wait until 16/07 news to see how MOST of their customers are up-to-date...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

wonski wrote: »
    Believe me, i was more than patient over last week, and gave them enough time to put things right...
    Still not paid for last month, and at this stage i am overdrawn 70E...
    I have no clue if my bills are paid, and will have to pay them another visit tomorrow with my payslip, so they can stamp it for the second time...
    The thing is i need the cash, but i also need cleared balance in my account so i can pay for things with my card.
    My credit card limit is as low as few hundreds, so i don't want to use it now for withdrawals, to avoid asking for charges/interest refund in (I hope) the nearest future.
    My balance went down due to the charges, and i was expecting them to stop charging the accounts until they fix their system. Apparently charging customers is only option that is working correctly on their end. Can't wait until 16/07 news to see how MOST of their customers are up-to-date...

Don't worry come the 16th it will all be good news and we will be forgotten about. They have now changed the lies from lies about the date on which they are going to fix the mess to lies about their progress with clearing the backlog.:mad: I am soooooo sick of this. Have to go and queue again to get more cash out and put another transaction into the backlog:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

for the fifth time today, this has been ongoing and in most cases sorts itself after a few days:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Eblana12 wrote: »
    Was considering a complaint to the broadcasting authority of ireland in relation to the incorrect data being spun by the media but like the Central Bank etc. you have to complain to the broadcaster in the first instance so basically this country is set up in such a way that there is no complaints procedures that the ordinary man on the street can use without having to be spun along for months on end.

The thing is the media do say what they are told by the other party. They just repeat what is posted on media relations tab on Ulster Bank website, or - in this case - they just repeat what UB CEO's want them to know.

So the UB chief said he does not want to be considered for this year bonus. What a relief! Does it mean he won't get one? No. It just means he said he didn't care, and since i can't figure out what is in my account, i doubt any of you will have access to his account at any time.

If he said he refuses for any extra payment on top of his pay, fair play, but in this case, i don't see it is of any value to me.

How about a promise to put customers account up to date?
    How about not applying any charges on accounts until 16/07?
    How about, well, anything really?

Good luck to everyone to get their money on time. Good luck, Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I am due money that is being held (failed authorization on a purchase with my visa debit) however there is no mention of this purchase when I click view statement....should I be worried or will it be updated at some point? All of my transactions up until June 27th seem to be there except this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

B9K9 wrote: »
    spoke to polite gent @ branch. Said I will move unless heavily incentivised...

just out of curiosity, what was his reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Yeah a few of my Debit card stuff from 21st to 26th have been duped.

Can't make heads nor tails of my account at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

MugMugs wrote: »
    Can't make heads nor tails of my account at the moment.

Me too....dunno wtf's going in and wtf's coming out

Was able to pay my Ulster CC bill online today.....hope the money I transferred goes into my cc account and not down a dark fcuking hole

Work for the HSE and no sign of my salary yet from the 28th......still can't for the life of me understand what the delay is in an Ulster to Ulster EFT!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

dee. wrote: »
    I am due money that is being held (failed authorization on a purchase with my visa debit) however there is no mention of this purchase when I click view statement....should I be worried or will it be updated at some point? All of my transactions up until June 27th seem to be there except this one.

If its due, you will get it eventually but I'd still strongly advise that you retain all records eg pay slips, lodgement receipts.

In the case of any online transfers made to/from UB accounts physically print everything or at least print them to PDF! If someone has sent you money electronically ask them to ensure they keep a record of it too, just in case there's any confusion.

Generally:

...for the time being, I wouldn't unnecessarily use UB online banking for anything at all. If you are paying bills, you can do it physically or via something like An Post www.mybills.ie my bills or directly via debit card over the phone
    That An Post My Bills service is very handy as you can pay a whole load of bills by debit card that normally need to go by direct debit only. It covers quite a range of mainstream stuff and even some fairly small companies. It's basically just a web interface for their post-office based bill payment system. You do need to get a pin sent out to use it, but it seems to only take them a couple of days max.

You can also pay a lot of bills in shops using PayPoint and other services like that without having to go to a bank if you don't live near one.
    Or via An Post's PostPoint?
    Check the back of your bills, as you can often make payment in cash in a garage or local shop. It's something a lot of people seem to be unaware of.

At least with debit card payments, you know the company charging you has been paid, regardless of what's going on with your UB account.

I'd stick to doing funds transfers between accounts in the branch and to other banks using cash or drafts only.

Until we know everything's working reliably, I really don't think anyone should trust that it won't cause confusion / delays at random.

I'd avoid using their IT systems at all costs, at least until we know they're stable.

If you have to lodge cash into someone else's account, just bring a draft to the bank you want to lodge into. Any bank will let you deposit money. So, you can avoid inter-bank transfers from Ulster Bank too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Most accounts up to date to the 2nd July? My transactions since the 26th of June still haven't appeared. The only two that did are duplicated. Ridiculous the amount of lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jps44

booth70 wrote: »
    Me too....dunno wtf's going in and wtf's coming out

Was able to pay my Ulster CC bill online today.....hope the money I transferred goes into my cc account and not down a dark fcuking hole

Work for the HSE and no sign of my salary yet from the 28th......still can't for the life of me understand what the delay is in an Ulster to Ulster EFT!!!!!!

I too work for HSE and have not received 21st June pay yet, and of course not yesterdays either. So am not impressed at latest spin that payments up to date up to last monday in media. Also have had the duplicate dd and atm withdrawals going out from another account where I had thought I had some access to cash !! What a MESS :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lambo28

My husband's last two wages having gone missing into virtual world of Ulster Bank.

He was due wages on the 22nd of June and today and not one cent including child benefit that we were due also.

All thats coming up on the account is late charges NOTHING else:mad::mad:

That was the final straw so we opened a new joint bank account in BOI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I lodged a cheque 15 days ago and no sign of it yet, I went into the branch today and they said they have made NO lodgments done yet, they hope to have them all done early next week. How are they going to get over two weeks of lodgements done in a weekend ?
    My account done nothing for weeks but UlsterBank managed to take a direct debit for an UlsterBank loan ? bit of a cheek really..
    I still have no idea what my balance is or if my wages have gone in ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i have lodged over 3k of cheques in the last 2 weeks, nothing on my statement, these where to clear my cheques that i had writte... also my monthly statement normally comes around now, will be interesting to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

booth70 wrote: »

Paid my Ulster Bank CC from Ulster Bank current a/c seven days ago- unfortunately in a black hole :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

I've been charged over €150 in standing orders after going back :mad: and I purposely went into the bank to lodge the money to cover everything there was more than enough in it. But they still haven't updated the balance to show any lodgements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭phormium

I know my local branch is being staffed on Sunday to input the transactions outstanding, not open to public, I asked to day as my lodgment of 20th is not showing up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Yeah my branch in Bray told me the same today - progress they tell me but to be honest I am not buying that. Automated money is still all over the place, how can they expect tiny bits of paper and illegible handwriting be input smoothly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

check out http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0706/ombudsman-has-handful-of-ulster-bank-complaints.html

'Some customers double charged by Ulster Bank'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭phormium

There are paper systems in place, throwback to pre-computerisation, I spent many years inputting data from similar hand written systems onto main system and it works fine really, they aren't using random sticky notes for transactions. I just wonder how long it will take to input the build up of manual transactions, one Sunday isn't going to make much of a dent in it, they should nearly be working shifts overnight etc to get stuff done as presumably there are not spare computers during the working day in the branches to be inputting backlog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Fellow Ulster bank customer here. I was abroad for college and just noticed my account has received my deposit back twice! As tempting as it might be to withdraw, I know it's not smart/right to do so. However, I'm not sure what to do. Could Ulster Bank have entered an international transfer in twice (it shows the deposit came in twice one day after the other)? Perhaps the accommodation agency accidentally sent it twice? I'm afraid if I go to the agency and ask they'll obviously say they sent it twice and request it back, and Ulster Bank might just assume they processed it twice if I go to them first. Maybe I should just wait and see if it disappears from the account eventually?

The transfers are dated from around a week ago if that helps.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

gawker wrote: »
    Fellow Ulster bank customer here. I was abroad for college and just noticed my account has received my deposit back twice! As tempting as it might be to withdraw, I know it's not smart/right to do so. However, I'm not sure what to do. Could Ulster Bank have entered an international transfer in twice (it shows the deposit came in twice one day after the other)? Perhaps the accommodation agency accidentally sent it twice? I'm afraid if I go to the agency and ask they'll obviously say they sent it twice and request it back, and Ulster Bank might just assume they processed it twice if I go to them first. Maybe I should just wait and see if it disappears from the account eventually?

The transfers are dated from around a week ago if that helps.

For the gazillionth time on this thread. YES

There should nearly be a sticky at this stage for common but unacknowledged problems as a result of this disaster.

Can you imagine if the many journos who lurk here picked up on it.

"Boards.ie produces a realistic FAQ for UB customers affected by disaster shocker, UB refuse to comment"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭B9K9

just out of curiosity, what was his reply?
    mumbled noncommittally, something about higher ups deciding, which is fair. invited me to discuss further when setlled back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement