Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

RTE News saying "Ulster Bank says most account balances have now been updated to include transactions made up to last Monday."

They don't say who said it !
    Dosen't agree with Ulster Bank's own info .

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0706/ombudsman-has-handful-of-ulster-bank-complaints.html

(They must mean Mon 25th !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have a letter of complaint drafted to my branch manager who unlocked the bank door this morning. I was looking at the poor fella thinking "You don't know whats going to hit you when these letters start arriving". (not just from me but UB tell you to write to the branch to complain).

I'm keeping my account open until it levels out and I get compensation and then I will close it and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Calpen

Hi all, I'm a newbie to boards, only discovered it when i was searching for this fiasco...saw a lot of people are saying about writing a letter of complaint to the branch. Never so much as got snippy on the phone before but think a letter of complaint is rightly in order here...was wondering if anyone had an idea of template/what exactly I should be saying??

Sorry for my ignorance :o

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

cleared out 2 savings account of 22k in Branch on wednesday. I was given Drafts, I asked would there be a charge and the teller said "2.50 each, but I wont charge you." I had to leave the accounts open as there is interest due which could not be calculated.Took about 20 minutes.

I paid my AIB Visa via Ulster Bank online on the 21 June, just before news broke about the UB crapfest.I got my Visa statement today and the payment didnt hit the card until 02 July. I now owe interest and late fees on the card which I have to pay and try to get back off UB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

king2 wrote: »
    cleared out 2 savings account of 22k in Branch on wednesday. I was given Drafts, I asked would there be a charge and the teller said "2.50 each, but I wont charge you." I had to leave the accounts open as there is interest due which could not be calculated.Took about 20 minutes.

I paid my AIB Visa via Ulster Bank online on the 21 June, just before news broke about the UB crapfest.I got my Visa statement today and the payment didnt hit the card until 02 July. I now owe interest and late fees on the card which I have to pay and try to get back off UB.

not to mention having to get UB to rectify your credit history with ICB for the late payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,140 ✭✭✭✭unkel

My account is up to date until July 1st now. One payment and 3 DD still missing...

I'm very lucky that it caught me at the best possible timing and that I know exactly what is supposed to go in and out of my account (keep track in a spreadsheet)

I realis others aren't so lucky :( - good luck to all of you out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭IQO

Recently switched banks from AIB to Ulster because of the banking charges that AIB recently introduced. Now I may be more understanding of paying charges for an actual banking service; something that Ulster apparently is not able to provide.

Still have my AIB credit card but switched the details that the direct debit for those would be paid from my new Ulster account. As the due date for the direct debit was 05/07/2012 the status of this on AIB internetbanking now changed to "payment received", however still no sign of any outgoing payment at the Ulster Bank website.

Would also be paying UPC this week (by direct debit); but havent seen it going out of the account either

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

IQO wrote: »
    Recently switched banks from AIB to Ulster because of the banking charges that AIB recently introduced. Now I may be more understanding of paying charges for an actual banking service; something that Ulster apparently is not able to provide.

Still have my AIB credit card but switched the details that the direct debit for those would be paid from my new Ulster account. As the due date for the direct debit was 05/07/2012 the status of this on AIB internetbanking now changed to "payment received", however still no sign of any outgoing payment at the Ulster Bank website.

Would also be paying UPC this week (by direct debit); but havent seen it going out of the account either

My UPC and gas went out fine (as per UB stories of saying they will honour DDs and SOs) but then rent was not paid .. money went out and came back with a lovely 12.70 charge that others are mentioning.

Why would they honour SOME and not ALL?! I am by no means the worst affected.. i am out of pocket a couple of hundred with dupes but i have gotten paid and my txn history is up to date.

Keep track of everything as someone above said!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    My UPC and gas went out fine (as per UB stories of saying they will honour DDs and SOs) but then rent was not paid .. money went out and came back with a lovely 12.70 charge that others are mentioning.

Why would they honour SOME and not ALL?! I am by no means the worst affected.. i am out of pocket a couple of hundred with dupes but i have gotten paid and my txn history is up to date.

Keep track of everything as someone above said!

I think they will honour direct debits, but since S/O can be set up to any account, and for any amount by account holder, they reject those. No utility company uses S/O as a form of payment...
    I know it will affect most tenants/landlords, but I don't think they can afford to force these payments through.

I now have two 12.70 charges on my account btw
    You will have to make some arrangements with landlord, unfortunately...

why are they saying transactions are up to date to this monday the 2nd.

they havent even started processing manual transactions since the 21st.

they are still thousands upon thousands of accounts still needing transactions applied since the 21st of june. its complete propaganda.

i cant wait to leave UB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Still no access to peoples account in branch and everything still on paper - they now have 17 days of manual inputs and they haven't even gotten past the 1st July on the others. I don't reckon they have much chance of getting the system up and running by the 16th, unless they bite the bullet and close for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Eblana12 wrote: »
    Still no access to peoples account in branch and everything still on paper - they now have 17 days of manual inputs and they haven't even gotten past the 1st July on the others. I don't reckon they have much chance of getting the system up and running by the 16th, unless they bite the bullet and close for a few days.
    sounds like thats what they should do BUT is that not denying the public access to their money, saw a woman in tears in portlaoise ub on tuesday , no childrens allowance, no rent allowance etc, people ringing her for their money ... you cant just close up its bad enough as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

why are they saying transactions are up to date to this monday the 2nd.

they havent even started processing manual transactions since the 21st.

they are still thousands upon thousands of accounts still needing transactions applied since the 21st of june. its complete propaganda.

i cant wait to leave UB!
    Eblana12 wrote: »

Well my wages go in by EFT & were due on 22nd and still no sign of them. There was meant to be a lodgement on 21st by EFT and still not sign of that either. But they can overdraw on my account for the DD they are owed for my loan, eventhough I've requested not to allow any overdrafts previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

There seems to be some progress, on my account at least. My salary, due 22nd June, came into my account on Tuesday, and a standing order due to leave my account on Monday showed up today.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is anyone else having double debits on their account? Any transaction on the visa debit card has been deducted twice from the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

antodeco wrote: »
    Is anyone else having double debits on their account? Any transaction on the visa debit card has been deducted twice from the account.
    yup, it will sort itself in a few days, had it earlier i the week and again today

antodeco wrote: »

yep, lots of them.

if they dont drop off automatically by the week of the 16th when ulster say they will be back to normal, then contact the bank about it

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Got my wages!!!! were due in Thursday week last.
    Wife is still waiting,hers were due last Thursday week last also and were supposed to be an easy transfer from HSE (who use UB for wage transfer to another UB account......the cashier said that something strange was happening between UB AND UB a/c !!!!! they are not showing up,yet HSE transfers from UB have taken place to external banks!!! What a b*lls up!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

Just noticed that my wages hit my account twice in the last week. DD's are duplicated as are SO's! Worried now as I cleared my account (on paper) last week and no sign of cash withdrawals! Anybody else have this problem?

Chuckler wrote: »
    Just noticed that my wages hit my account twice in the last week. DD's are duplicated as are SO's! Worried now as I cleared my account (on paper) last week and no sign of cash withdrawals! Anybody else have this problem?

your account wont balance out until they start processing over the counter manual transactions. which will probably be sometime towards the midde of next week, if not later, as they finish with clearing the electronic backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Continued here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement