Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Stheno wrote: »
    For the gazillionth time on this thread. YES

There should nearly be a sticky at this stage for common but unacknowledged problems as a result of this disaster.

Can you imagine if the many journos who lurk here picked up on it.

"Boards.ie produces a realistic FAQ for UB customers affected by disaster shocker, UB refuse to comment"

Thanks. Sorry for being repetitive, didn't realise. This is a great resource for UB members, much more helpful than the bank themselves who seem to be intent on only providing the bare minimum of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

This quote from HSE explains why other banks account holders were paid on time:

Access to Funds for HSE Payees:
    HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers
    Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.
    Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.
    HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers
    All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees.

It only shows how UB customers are being put on hold, while OUR bank's main priority is to avoid hassle of being charged/sued by other people/banks!!!

This is rather disturbing,what are the effin media doing about reporting this sort of carry-on.The HSE and UB should be disbanded asap as both are only a shower of c**ts. I wonder what Liam Doran of the INO is doing about this?
    We all know why the HSE ARE ACTING IN SUCH MANNER,THEY ARE SKINT AND THE MONEY RESTING IN THEIR A/C IS BETTER THAN IN SOME POOR SOULS A/C THAT IS NOW GOING TO DEFAULT ON THEIR MORTGAGE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

nm wrote: »
    nq7g3d.jpg
    What part of "no jokes" was so hard to understand? Read the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 petrapig

i cleared out my account today with a payslip as proof . I will be owing Yulster bank about 800 euro by the time the dust settles .. Drop dead Ulster bank , like sue me

ive had time to change to Bank Of Ireland and set up my new mandates while i wait for UB to get the computer to say yes , i'll be gone and an overdraught will be all thats left on all their customers accounts by the time they get sorted ... maybe that is the plan .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it make me wonder if the i t people knew what they were doing, and how important their job was, to keep things going.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

gawker wrote: »
    Thanks. Sorry for being repetitive, didn't realise. This is a great resource for UB members, much more helpful than the bank themselves who seem to be intent on only providing the bare minimum of information.

Sorry I didn't mean to be short, and have assumed others have read all the previous threads, hence my suggestion of a sticky
    Savman wrote: »
    What part of "no jokes" was so hard to understand? Read the OP.
    I'm close to report post at this stage on those stupid posts!
    petrapig wrote: »
    i cleared out my account today with a payslip as proof . I will be owing Yulster bank about 800 euro by the time the dust settles .. Drop dead Ulster bank , like sue me
    They can and they will, they have done everything they can, and it's now classed as an uprecedented disaster in retail banking.

They have opened and closed late, opened weekends, ensured you can get your cash, and you want to sue them?

Ulsterbank will issue compensation here, it might be 10 quid, it might be 100 quid, it might be more, but they have now even if forced come into the open.

Don't use this as a opportunity to screw a business, they might have ****ed up but having putting arrangements in place for you to get your money why would you screw them up?

Imagine this was AIB or BOI? Overtime? Out of hours?

I can hear the screams!

i will sort out any imbalances on my accounts when i see fit and in my own time and Ulster bank can hang around and wait while i do.

think what you like Sheno !

Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Eblana12 wrote: »
    Was considering a complaint to the broadcasting authority of ireland in relation to the incorrect data being spun by the media but like the Central Bank etc. you have to complain to the broadcaster in the first instance so basically this country is set up in such a way that there is no complaints procedures that the ordinary man on the street can use without having to be spun along for months on end.

You have to much time on your hands & little to be at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.
    Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.
    All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees.

It only shows how UB customers are being put on hold, while OUR bank's main priority is to avoid hassle of being charged/sued by other people/banks!!!

This is rather disturbing,what are the effin media doing about reporting this sort of carry-on.The HSE and UB should be disbanded asap as both are only a shower of c**ts. I wonder what Liam Doran of the INO is doing about this?
    We all know why the HSE ARE ACTING IN SUCH MANNER,THEY ARE SKINT AND THE MONEY RESTING IN THEIR A/C IS BETTER THAN IN SOME POOR SOULS A/C THAT IS NOW GOING TO DEFAULT ON THEIR MORTGAGE!

How is it the HSE's fault? It would seem transfers to other banks are working grand but internal UB ones aren't. I can't see how that's the HSE's fault?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Fellow Ulster bank customer here. I was abroad for college and just noticed my account has received my deposit back twice! As tempting as it might be to withdraw, I know it's not smart/right to do so. However, I'm not sure what to do. Could Ulster Bank have entered an international transfer in twice (it shows the deposit came in twice one day after the other)? Perhaps the accommodation agency accidentally sent it twice? I'm afraid if I go to the agency and ask they'll obviously say they sent it twice and request it back, and Ulster Bank might just assume they processed it twice if I go to them first. Maybe I should just wait and see if it disappears from the account eventually?

The transfers are dated from around a week ago if that helps.

Cop on and be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Fellow Ulster bank customer here. I was abroad for college and just noticed my account has received my deposit back twice! As tempting as it might be to withdraw, I know it's not smart/right to do so. However, I'm not sure what to do. Could Ulster Bank have entered an international transfer in twice (it shows the deposit came in twice one day after the other)? Perhaps the accommodation agency accidentally sent it twice? I'm afraid if I go to the agency and ask they'll obviously say they sent it twice and request it back, and Ulster Bank might just assume they processed it twice if I go to them first. Maybe I should just wait and see if it disappears from the account eventually?

The transfers are dated from around a week ago if that helps.

Honesty is the best policy!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Cop on and be honest.

Maybe you didn't read it right but I clearly explain I am not keeping the money... I'm just not sure which party made a mistake. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carssou

My account is fully up to date now with all SO, DD, paid and all money received. Child benefit has been received overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Cop on and be honest.

I know what I would do, for my own personal reasons.

But let's ease back on the sanctimony here.
    1. The banks have plundered and ravaged the world economy to enrich a handful of people at the top. The very least transgression that any bank operating in Ireland has on its sheet is gross incompetence and the majority have been proven in a court of law to be guilty of various criminal charges both in Ireland and other jurisdictions.
    2. If someone wants to grab the money and run, and they are aware of the legal consequences and can live with the decision? Let them. Enough of the preaching.
    3. None of us owe Ulster Bank anything. For a start, it is a thing, a corporate entity; it doesn't care what we think of it. It doesn't have feelings, it won't respect you back or treat you as it would like to be treated itself. As for the front line staff, they are so divorced from the heart of the beast they are coming here for updates. That is not to say I don't have sympathy for them, I have huge sympathy for them; if anything they are worse off than most of us in that they probably get paid into a UB account and have a very uncertain future jobwise.
    4. Someone wants to "stick it to the man", why not?
    "Flying straight" is a personal choice for people, it is their choice, leave them to it.

[Edit: just spare me the 'stealing is bold' rhetoric because that argument doesn't seem to apply to the bank(s)]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

2 Jul 2012CHG UNPAID ITEM(S) , D/D 36.51, OP/NONONSEN - 12.70

Left me speechless again. That is my last transactiom.

From UB website:

Direct Debits that were received between 21 June and 3rd July will be paid; however, you may not see these reflected in your account until our systems have been fully restored. You may wish to let the beneficiary know that there is a delay.

We would like to reassure our customers, and those of other banks, that we are working with other banks, service providers, insurance and utility companies to make sure that, as a result of this issue, customers will not be without their services, will not be permanently out of pocket and will not have their credit record affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Paid my Ulster Bank CC from Ulster Bank current a/c seven days ago- unfortunately in a black hole :confused:

From the Ulster Bank website.....

"Our bill payment and fund transfer features are available and funds will leave your account; however, payments will not be fully processed until the current payments backlog has been cleared"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

childrens allowance is in, a few more visadebit transactions have come off and a few cheques

• Registered Users Posts: 18,906 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Domhnall66 wrote: »
    I know what I would do, for my own personal reasons.

But let's ease back on the sanctimony here.
    1. The banks have plundered and ravaged the world economy to enrich a handful of people at the top. The very least transgression that any bank operating in Ireland has on its sheet is gross incompetence and the majority have been proven in a court of law to be guilty of various criminal charges both in Ireland and other jurisdictions.
    2. If someone wants to grab the money and run, and they are aware of the legal consequences and can live with the decision? Let them. Enough of the preaching.
    3. None of us owe Ulster Bank anything. For a start, it is a thing, a corporate entity; it doesn't care what we think of it. It doesn't have feelings, it won't respect you back or treat you as it would like to be treated itself. As for the front line staff, they are so divorced from the heart of the beast they are coming here for updates. That is not to say I don't have sympathy for them, I have huge sympathy for them; if anything they are worse off than most of us in that they probably get paid into a UB account and have a very uncertain future jobwise.
    4. Someone wants to "stick it to the man", why not?
    "Flying straight" is a personal choice for people, it is their choice, leave them to it.

[Edit: just spare me the 'stealing is bold' rhetoric because that argument doesn't seem to apply to the bank(s)]

Eh which banker in ireland was convicted in a court of law?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭ebbsy

BOI customer here, due to be paid monthly on 29th, nothing in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 malu2012

I still have nothing in my account and also this morning checked and have a long list of unpaid direct debits and the charges strung along with them all to the likes of insurance, meteor etc... i thought the bank was to cover these. Also got a text saying my bill was unpaid what a load of s**t from them!! I for one will be changing account soon as i get all my money and charges back:-/ anyone else have this issue of all the unpaid items as seems most people are close to normal now??

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Opening a BOI account on Monday. I'm through with this. Four DDs only to move over so won't be any hassle for me.
    Wanted to stick it out but 2 weeks of no wages, not goo enough. Have to take time off work now to pay my landlord. That's going in my claim with the ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

malu2012 wrote: »
    I still have nothing in my account and also this morning checked and have a long list of unpaid direct debits and the charges strung along with them all to the likes of insurance, meteor etc... i thought the bank was to cover these. Also got a text saying my bill was unpaid what a load of s**t from them!! I for one will be changing account soon as i get all my money and charges back:-/ anyone else have this issue of all the unpaid items as seems most people are close to normal now??

I'm in exactly the same boat,no salary lodgement since June 21st,some direct debit/standing orders gone,others no account of online..all ATM withdrawals showing up immediately though...this line they're spinning the media about all transactions being up to date til July 2nd is just blatant lies though,the most infuriating thing is that their own account holders are last in the queue for salary receipt(as per the HSE statement above)How's that for customer service:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 malu2012

jojofizzio wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same boat,no salary lodgement since June 21st,some direct debit/standing orders gone,others no account of online..all ATM withdrawals showing up immediately though...this line they're spinning the media about all transactions being up to date til July 2nd is just blatant lies though,the most infuriating thing is that their own account holders are last in the queue for salary receipt(as per the HSE statement above)How's that for customer service:rolleyes:

yeah I was getting a little worried when I read the news saying everyone should be more or less up to date I thought maybe just not me. Also had a call from Meteor yesterday asking to pay my bill when I explained about ulster bank the lady and the phone said to me "oh well most people are now fixed" but not me!!

I called ulster bank this morning at 9 and was told I will have to call back later as they have a problem with there phone lines :) whats next.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Clearly Ulster Bank is in breach of meeting its regulatory requirements, which has caused unecessary and widespread disruption and distress. Clearly Ulster Bank are not fit to provide banking services in Ireland and it is now time for the Irish Regulator to initiate proceedings to revoke the banking license.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm glad they are paying my DDs but I'd prefer if they didn't apply them to my account until my wages are up to date. I specifically have my DDs going out on specific days after pay day(weekly) but now they are fvcking my account up.

I'm waiting on this weeks wages, hopefully Monday or Tuesday they will arrive, next weeks wages are going to BOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Went to open an account online, went through all the forms, too be told at the end ''Unavailable''. After filling in all the forms. Wouldn't you think they'd shut the apply online forms down til they actually WORKED? its bull****,,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Well that makes sense.

If you had a UB account and were due to be paid by the HSE on say 25 June then you wouldn't see that money until the batch transactions due for 25 June were processed (which ended up being 2/3 July)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement