Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ghandee wrote: »
    Lol, it sounds like you want Mr or Mrs Joe Soap to go to work all week for the sole purpose of paying taxes.

If a working man our woman can't have any luxuries after a hard weeks graft, where its the incentive to work:confused:

You are paying for next years pi55 up in Brazil.;)

Or maybe send them off to Somalia.........I hear the natives along the beaches over there are a lovely folk indeed.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

donalg1 wrote: »
    How do you know what I do or don't love would be interested to hear or are u just talking ****e

You are the expert on the ****e talk donal. No need to be getting pissy with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Just put a cap on expenses for people that are well paid anyway and stop paying bonus's to workers on top of the wages. Its not rocket science.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

How do you know what I do or don't love would be interested to hear or are u just talking ****e

Tbh, your posts are starting to read like a man who paid up out of fear, but now regrets it, and now increasingly tries to convince himself he's did the right thing.

I'm close, ain't I?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

paddy147 wrote: »

Or maybe send them off to Somalia.........I hear the natives along the beaches over there are a lovely folk indeed.:D

I read somewhere that you can feed a family of five for 12 euro a week in Somalia. If there are many more taxes and cuts here then i'm sending mine out there.

• Advertisement

So who do we all listen to and believe on the TV with regards money matters.

FLAC and MABS

Or

Phil Hogan

FLAC and MABS for me

Close enough to reach out and hug him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

No but a lot of people that claim to be broke do so while playing with their iPhone puffing away on twenty a day and going out on the beer two nights a week. I put paying my taxes ahead of a few beers at the weekend and ahead of a nice new phone but others choose to do the opposite

Lol, it sounds like you want Mr or Mrs Joe Soap to go to work all week for the sole purpose of paying taxes.

If a working man or woman can't have any luxuries after a hard weeks graft, where is the incentive to work:confused:

Quit digging Donal.

Are you kidding this is Ireland people are better off on social welfare

hondasam wrote: »

You are the expert on the ****e talk donal. No need to be getting pissy with me.

Well stop making stuff up about me then Sam ok

Tbh, your posts are starting to read like a man who paid up out of fear, but now regrets it, and now increasingly tries to convince himself he's did the right thing.

Thats exactly what a few TV pundits said on TV3 recently to a lady who rang in and mocked anyone who hadnt paid yet.

She admitted that she had paid on the last day out of fear,and the pundits more or less had a field day with her,with regards her trying to mock the people who hadnt and wouldnt pay.

Morals???:D

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    Stop tranlating official documents into Irish and make the unemployed work for their dole.
    Nach bhfuil a fháil ach daoine dífhostaithe a dhéanamh ar an aistriú, a mharú dhá éan le ceann amháin cloiche.
    Why not just get the unemployed to do the translating, kill two birds with one stone.
    :pac:

Well stop making stuff up about me then Sam ok

Come here and I give you a cuddle donal, it will be all right, you paid and I will eventually just not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Come here and I give you a cuddle donal, it will be all right, you paid and I will eventually just not yet.

Dont do it HondaSam! Use the Force!!!!
    (paying i mean, hug Donal all you want:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Careful now, you will be on his ignore list next,

I think thats why he thought the thread went all quiet for a while, he had everyone on ignore.

Way off sorry. I don't regret paying it and I know I did the right thing because I knew I had to pay it so would only have ended paying more than was necessary which would've been the wrong thing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

A Donegal woman rang the Guards to report that her home had been broken into. The only problem was the Gardaí did not have any patrol vehicles to respond to the call. The woman had to go to the Garda station and collect a Garda and then return home with the Garda so he could investigate the incident.

With services like this the people of Donegal are dead right not to pay the household tax.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/07/03/garda-with-no-patrol-car-td-to-raise-donegal-cuts-with-minister/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Am Chile wrote: »
    A Donegal woman rang the Guards to report that her home had been broken into. The only problem was the Gardaí did not have any patrol vehicles to respond to the call. The woman had to go to the Garda station and collect a Garda and then return home with the Garda so he could investigate the incident.

With services like this the people of Donegal are dead right not to pay the household tax.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/07/03/garda-with-no-patrol-car-td-to-raise-donegal-cuts-with-minister/

you forgot about the fact that now you'll have to pay an extra €500 for the fire brigade to stop your house burning down, even though we were already paying it in our taxes, and now as part of the "services" provided by the household charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

paddy147 wrote: »

Send them to Nigeria, phil might bump into bertie and bertie can give him a few more pointers on how to screw a country.

Only in Ireland!

Way off sorry. I don't regret paying it and I know I did the right thing because I knew I had to pay it so would only have ended paying more than was necessary which would've been the wrong thing to do

Did the other half nag you into it ?
    "Donal go into town and pay that charge today, I don't want the Sheriff calling out here and giving out to us in front of the kids, hurry on now. You must have the money in that savings jar you keep under the bed. AND don't be looking at those new phones in the Meteor window, your not getting one"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The Garda budget comes from Local Authorities now?

I think his point was that no matter what taxes and charges we pay the money is not going into services anyway. The bondholders are getting it. BUT you knew that anyway, didn't you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

We keep hearing big phil say the household charge is for local services, one would think the local garda station, the local guards there to help people if needed would be a part of local services.

The point being made, as you well know, is that all these extra taxes and charges are just resulting in services being slashed.

The money is being used to pay off unsecured bondholders as we seen this week.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=unsecured%20bondholders%20paid%20in%20june&source=web&cd=4&sqi=2&ved=0CFAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stephendonnelly.ie%2Ffeatured%2Farticle-paying-e1-1bn-to-bondholders-is-con-job%2F&ei=QFbzT7SoM9GYhQfZt7GLDw&usg=AFQjCNHOoK4lJLguRZsPv57Yt6FpQh50zw

It's all a con job and some people like being conned.

Did the other half nag you into it ?
    "Donal go into town and pay that charge today, I don't want the Sheriff calling out here and giving out to us in front of the kids, hurry on now. You must have the money in that savings jar you keep under the bed. AND don't be looking at those new phones in the Meteor window, your not getting one"

Ha meteor good one

We keep hearing big phil say the household charge is for local services, one would think the local garda station, the local guards there to help people if needed would be a part of local services.

That is a bit silly now in fairness, garda stations have nothing to do with local services. That is what the garda budget is for.

Would any FG/Labour people like to explain how this is good use of money????

So this is also where the household charge/tax is going.......................

10,000 silk ties???

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0703/government-tenders-for-10-000-silk-ties.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭flutered

donal and dv, its simple, most of the popualtion are like the department of finance up the a point, the department owes a rather large moxey, what do they do, naturely the apply for a loan which they promise to repay, they recieve it, how do they intend to repay it, they charge people taxes, QED, now the people are like the department they owe a small moxey, how do they repay it, they apply for a loan, which they promise to repay, how do they repay it, they dont as the money lender showes them the middle finger and tell them to swivel, then the department tell the public that they have invented more taxes to pay off more loans, which they must pay, so the public can only do one thing, what is that i hear you asking, the answer that they recieved when they asked for the loan.

I think that some people are getting it mixed up with the UK's council tax, all this tax is for is paying (some of) the interest on the bankers bail out!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

dolanbaker wrote: »
    I think that some people are getting it mixed up with the UK's council tax, all this tax is for is paying (some of) the interest on the bankers bail out!:mad:
    If i have to cancle my house phone they have to cancle there phone expenses, if i have to cancle my sky they shouldnt e able to get silk fuggin ties!

Just as im expected to stop having a normal life to pay extra tax, they should be equaly responsible to stop livng such lavish life styles to lighten the load. Fair is fair

I really dont know how anybody with any kind of cop on can so easily hand over money for extra taxes knowing that such wastes of money are still in practice, the "country" has no surplus money, its in debt yet the people telling us we need your money to get it out of trouble, spend money as if the tiger is roaring strong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement