Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

donalg1 wrote: »
    You couldnt afford it in one go, neither could I so I put some money aside each week until I could afford it, its now been six months or 27 weeks which equates to 4.22 per week. I find it hard to believe there are people out there that cant save this if they really want. Fact is they chose not to do this.

of course they can save it donal but what if it is at the expense of putting the ESB or Gas or mortgage on the long finger, its still adding to their problems not helping.
    Are the yes side suggesting that the HHC is more important than heating or light or a roof over your head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You couldnt afford it in one go, neither could I so I put some money aside each week until I could afford it, its now been six months or 27 weeks which equates to 4.22 per week. I find it hard to believe there are people out there that cant save this if they really want. Fact is they chose not to do this.

Yes indeed you seem to.

If you cant believe, then it can not exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Some people can manage to buy a house for cash, so why cant everyone else:rolleyes:

There is a fair difference in the price of a house and €100, I wouldnt imagine you would get much of a house for that price now.

bgrizzley wrote: »
    of course they can save it donal but what if it is at the expense of putting the ESB or Gas or mortgage on the long finger, its still adding to their problems not helping.
    Are the yes side suggesting that the HHC is more important than heating or light or a roof over your head?

Hardly, or maybe they are I dont know you would have to ask them that but I would think its pretty unlikely as without the roof over their head they would not have to pay the HHC therefore the yes side would be shooting themselves in the foot.

It is to him. Im sure he must of reduced food for his kids, or left the mortgage payment short, to pay hogan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I wouldnt say I was lucky now in fairness, I knew three months in advance I had to have €100 by March 31st so any week I had anything extra I put it aside and then paid it when it was due, there is nothing special or lucky about it. Anyone in the Country could've put together €100 over a three month period.

As for a payment plan for people that have to pay the €114 now well that would be pointless as they could've like me had a payment plan for €100 over three months but decided not to do this, so a plan now would not work anyway.

It is so easy and ignorant to say anyone could of put the cash aside over a three month period without taking the many circumstances and difficulties families find them selfs.

Yes you're right, people now have to pay €114 now, the same people that could not afford the €100. So what other payment opions or payment plans has the goverment put in place this time to help struggling families pay this charge. NONE!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Is there any data on the number of people who say they are unable to pay?

It is so easy and ignorant to say anyone could of put the cash aside over a three month period without taking the many circumstances and difficulties families find them selfs.

Yes you're right, people now have to pay €114 now, the same people that could not afford the €100. So what other payment opions or payment plans has the goverment put in place this time to help struggling families pay this charge. NONE!

Payment Plans again, why in the name of God should the Govt create payment plans for people, are you saying they should look at it on a case by case basis and create a payment plan for 600,000 households? Basically you want the Govt to hold the hands of all the people that havent paid and molly coddle them.

Do you think giving people 3 months to pay €100 is a payment plan of sorts, or 6 months to pay €114. You keep talking about payment plans so what kind of plan would you come up with, and how long would you give them to pay the Charge?

It is to him. Im sure he must of reduced food for his kids, or left the mortgage payment short, to pay hogan.

Hardly now but then I can manage my money.

Is there any data on the number of people who say they are unable to pay?

Bout 1.6million I think say it or said it, but the actual figure that are unable is 0.;)

• Advertisement

There is a fair difference in the price of a house and €100, I wouldnt imagine you would get much of a house for that price now.

But no difference between you comparing what you can do, to what everyone else must be able to do, which was the point of the post.

Could you not see that comparison? If not, get a 10 year old in to take over the keyboard for you.

Bout 1.6million I think say it or said it, but the actual figure that are unable is 0.;)

1.6 million say they are unable to pay? What have you been taking this morning?

But no difference between you comparing what you can do, to what everyone else must be able to do, which was the point of the post.

Could you not see that comparison? If not, get a 10 year old in to take over the keyboard for you.

Wow loving the constant abuse Robbie, I think I will go back to ignoring you until you can behave in a proper manner.

Hardly now but then I can manage my money.

Well i tried to make a comparison saying some people can afford to buy a house in cash, and so does that mean everyone can. You failed to see that comparison somehow.

I will try again with big letters (just in case you are this naive and not trolling), so you can work on the appropriate part of this post.

Maybe others have less income v outgoings than you.

Now, study that for a few hours, and see can you work it out.

Well i tried to make a comparison saying some people can afford to buy a house in cash, and so does that mean everyone can. You failed to see that comparison somehow.

I will try again with big letters, so you can work on the appropriate part of this post.

Maybe others have less income v outgoings than you.

Now, study that for a few hours, and see can you work it out.

And maybe I think that they can still afford to save €100 over three months or €114 over six months, or could have availed of the 4 instalment offer. How do you keep missing this? On the ignore list now as your abusive posts are getting beyond pointless at this stage.

Wow loving the constant abuse Robbie, I think I will go back to ignoring you until you can behave in a proper manner.

Its not abuse, you could not see a simple comparison. So i suggested getting someone who might be able to.

But ignore away. As I said, 10 year old stuff.

And maybe I think that they can still afford to save €100 over three months or €114 over six months

But you based it on comparisons to you`re own circumstances. Now we have "established" not everyone is in the same circumstances.

But its a waste if time. The answers from you will be more intelligent now that I am on ignore, as in no answers:pac:

I'm saving for the winter fuel, that is higher up the list!

I'm saving for the winter fuel, that is higher up the list!

Weather we are having you may be dipping into that sooner than you thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

put in a back boiler Dolan.
    last year i had to call a halt to the heating oil so i installed a back boiler, bought a few hoppers of turf and cut a couple of trees.
    more work and hassle keeping fires going, but less money going out and this year it will have paid for itself.

Plus i can buy 3 extra hoppers of turf this year with the money i saved from not paying my groundrent that should cover the bad summer weather :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

I haven't paid and eh I won't ever either, haven't had any letters in the post yet.

In my own neck of the woods, the newly elected mayor of Limerick has called for Polish signs to be erected in Limerick City. http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/mayor-of-limerick-wants-polish-street-signs-1-4011509

Not that he has any say on anything really regarding council matters afaik, but yea great idea on how to spend the household charge effectively right there. Clowns with money, stop giving them money, you would be better off having one massive dump and using a 100 euro note to wipe with, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I haven't paid and eh I won't ever either, haven't had any letters in the post yet.

In my own neck of the woods, the newly elected mayor of Limerick has called for Polish signs to be erected in Limerick City. http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/mayor-of-limerick-wants-polish-street-signs-1-4011509

Not that he has any say on anything really regarding council matters afaik, but yea great idea on how to spend the household charge effectively right there. Clowns with money, stop giving them money, you would be better off having one massive dump and using a 100 euro note to wipe with, thanks.

You won't own that house forever. Whoever gets it next will have to pay if you haven't in order to get the title transferred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

You won't own that house forever. Whoever gets it next will have to pay if you haven't in order to get the title transferred.

Don't care, I'll be dead, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Don't care, I'll be dead, thanks.

Plus your children can stay living in it long after you pass.
    Who's to know?

put in a back boiler Dolan.
    last year i had to call a halt to the heating oil so i installed a back boiler, bought a few hoppers of turf and cut a couple of trees.
    more work and hassle keeping fires going, but less money going out and this year it will have paid for itself.

Plus i can buy 3 extra hoppers of turf this year with the money i saved from not paying my groundrent that should cover the bad summer weather :p
    Already ahead on that front with a homemade wood/turf boiler and a garden full of willow, should be nearly self sufficient on wood in a few years plus turf, the oil is still needed to top up the heat when the wood boiler is not running.

If that's several years down the line, a dose of hyper inflation a few changes of government and a likely reversion to the Punt it may not be worth the legal hassle to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

So, anyone receive a letter from Bulldog Phil yet? Post it up here and let's have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

So, anyone receive a letter from Bulldog Phil yet? Post it up here and let's have a look

All quiet on the western front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Just arrived back from the Algarve on an ten am flight this morning.

The amount of Portuguese aware (and laughing) at a certain member of the FG party threatening the Irish public for not paying a service charge on their property, whilst not paying a similar charge in their country was amazing.

Exempt from the charge for now, but when its applicable to me, won't pay. Ever.

I will not pay a rent on my personal property, not next year, nor any year after that.
    I would consider paying rates, were services are provided for your heard earned cash, but I won't pay several hundred euros per year for nothing.

I'll take B&B in the Joy or somewhere first. Let it cost the bastards more to 'house' me,than for me to pay a household charge.

I will never pay ground rent on my property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

I haven,t received any letter as of yet, I said sunday night on here, Id post it up here if I received it, with my name blackened out of course. If I happen to receive one within the next two weeks Il be posting it online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement