Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Pyongyang wrote: »
    From the Ulster Bank website:

"Unfortunately, due to the complexity and scale of the backlog, we do not now expect to be fully up to date by Monday, 2nd July."

What they actually mean is

Unfortunately due to our total Incompetence , that fact the Irish regulator is totally toothless and on our payroll , and that we basically don't give a damn , we do not expect to be fully up to date until Monday 2nd July , however we may of course be plucking this date out of thin air like the four previous ones .

Beefy78 wrote: »
    No they didn't. I know plenty of NatWest customers who are in the exact same boat as us.

That's interesting .... more RBS lies then , they are saying Natwest is fixed .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Davidth88 wrote: »
    That's interesting .... more RBS lies then , they are saying Natwest is fixed .

I think they're further ahead than Ulster Bank are in terms of resolving it but a quick look on twitter shows plenty of people still without money due to them.

I used to work for NatWest, I've plenty of friends who still do. They've definitely not resolved the issue there.

Lets do some easy maths here.

By UB's own figures they are getting 30k people per day in the branches .... lets say each person has one transaction... problem has now been 10 days or so

That's at least 300,000 manual transactions they have to enter .

This is a mess they are not getting out of quickly.

They have proven them selves totally untrustworthy .

I pity the poor staff who are working like dogs for mgmt who genuinely only care because they may not be able to award themselves a bloated bonus and payrise this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

So , I was due to be paid Monday .... still nothing.

Employer UB , I am BOI

I call upon ALL UB customer ..... MOVE BANKS . Hurt these people where they notice, in their pockets.

They fixed the UK nearly a week ago, but Ireland .... they don't care....they just want to milk your money.

If you worked for UB you'd know the reason for the UK being sorted first, out of UB control

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    If you worked for UB you'd know the reason for the UK being sorted first, out of UB control

I can guess

a) The FSA / Bank of ENgland do actually have teeth
    b) The British Gvmt OWN RBS

Basically UB are the ugly sister here.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

Just passed by the Winthrop Street Branch in Cork - queues are outside the door with ppl looking for cash. Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

I'm convinced that nobodies is fixed.
    When they say "some people are still effected" they mean everybody is still effected.
    I know lots of people who bank with ulsterbank and natwest. I know nobody who says their account is back to normal.

Wait til your non rbs credit card charges you interest on a balance you would have paid in full if not for ulsterbank. Then ask ulsterbank are they going to cover that charge. I bet they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

"Unfortunately, due to the complexity and scale of the backlog, we do not now expect to be fully up to date by Monday, 2nd July."

Does this mean "we do not expect to be fully up to date until Monday" (ie - ready on Monday), or "we do not expect to be fully up to date by the time Monday comes" (ie - not ready on Monday).

My reading of it was the latter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Caseywhale wrote: »
    I'm convinced that nobodies is fixed.
    When they say "some people are still effected" they mean everybody is still effected.

No transactions on my account since 20th June. Normally 3 Direct Debits would have gone out within a few days of the 20th.

If they were processing the backlog they would do it chronologically across all accounts, so I would tend to agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Are Ulster bank going to compensate people for denying access to the money they have earned for so long? If this was the other way round and customers owed them money there would be fees & interest charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lets do some easy maths here.

By UB's own figures they are getting 30k people per day in the branches .... lets say each person has one transaction... problem has now been 10 days or so

That's at least 300,000 manual transactions they have to enter .

This is a mess they are not getting out of quickly.

They have proven them selves totally untrustworthy .

I pity the poor staff who are working like dogs for mgmt who genuinely only care because they may not be able to award themselves a bloated bonus and payrise this year.
    I understand why there would be a backlog of manual transactions BUT if the IT problem had been fixed last week as they said why should there have been a problem with electronic salary payments on Thursday ?
    I have purposely not lodged money, wrote cheques etc so that if it had come back I'd know where I stood money wise.
    Can't hold out much longer though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ould wan

No movement on my account since 20th June, then I check on line yesterday, three direct debits gone out but nothing gone in wages etc. This has taken me over my overdraft, I know there will be no charges but how can they take out and not put in monies????? I went in with payslip etc on Thursday and they gave me €500 and my wages was not due in until the Friday how mad is that????

I wonder will my mortgage with them be lost in all the confusion too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

I think its time someone in the UB grew balls and tell their customers (remember us ?) what the EXACT position is.

If automated credits from BoI debited on 20th June have still not hit my account, how can UB say 'most' peoples salaries have been credited ?

That was the FIRST full day of the fiasco, for Gods sake. If they're doing things in date order, we are going to waiting weeks for normality.

This creeping deadline day routine, push it out a couple days every time we make a half assed announcement, is so amateurish and an insult to the banks customers.

What worries me is that they don't actually know where they are at, such was the scale of the information wipe out, and are depending on the other banks to supply the info about what was actually sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

I have to pay some suppliers via my Ulster Bank account? If I issue a cheque how will it clear my account to theirs since my account is frozen since 20thJune?

Are people taking Ulster Bank cheques?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Are they clearing the backlog over weekends also or is it just normal weekdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

DD9090 wrote: »

I would LOVE to see some evidence that they have actually cleared ANY of the backlog... Plenty of talk from UB but damn all evidence of it in my account .

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

hobochris wrote: »
    Are Ulster bank going to compensate people for denying access to the money they have earned for so long? If this was the other way round and customers owed them money there would be fees & interest charged.

I'd imagine not. The terms and conditions we signed up to mean we agree to be charged fees and interest if we are overdue, nothing about the bank having to pay us if it's the other way around.

Unfortunately.

bayou wrote: »
    I would LOVE to see some evidence that they have actually cleared ANY of the backlog... Plenty of talk from UB but damn all evidence of it in my account .

Absolutely spot on the money (pardon the pun) comment. I have talked to about 10 friends and not one has had any movement in their accounts? Since Wed last week!

Less of the bull Ulster Bank please and some evidence of a fix that is working. Their is no evidence that ANY payments have been made to ANYBODY. If so can they post here maybe a quick poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Somebody is recruiting lots of temporary data input people at the moment.

I'm wondering if they're going to have to work from paper records??

• Advertisement

Any recruitment link for that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Thanks CourierCollie I think we are on to something. Time for some honesty from Ulster Bank as this is a real scandal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

bayou wrote: »

The backlog cannot be fixed until the problem is fixed. The problem is not yet fixed....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I don't work in I.T but I work in somewhere that uses a small local network nd we have back ups.

From my limited knowledge if something went wrong, we would either go to the last good date, or move to the back up entirely.

Surely they should have had huge back ups in place for a company that operates one of the largest computer systems in the country? I don't understand it.

If that guy erased a schedule, and sorry for my limited tech data but shouldnt there have been a back up of all the data in the schedule, that they could immediately reinput?

There is no other operation on such a level as a bank that inputs and processes as many millions of interactions each week.

On this huge scale, on that level, surely if they had recruited emergency extra teams of staff and worked around the clock in the next few days they might been able to catch up. Letting it go this long - how will they ever catch up. They're too far behind, there's millions of new transactions going in every week. Seriously it is even possible to catch up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Taken from their website just now

We continue to work through the backlog of payments caused as a result of the IT issues experienced in RBS Group. Unfortunately, due to the complexity and scale of the backlog, we do not now expect to be fully up to date by Monday, 2nd July. We know this disruption is unacceptable and we continue to do all we can to help our customers.

How many more false fix dates are they going to give us???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Does anyone know if we take money out to pay something that was in a standing order/direct debit directly whether they'll try to take it again when systems are running again? Can't get through on the helpline now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

booth70 wrote: »
    I am sure they'll put €100 in everyone's account as a goodwill gesture next week
    LOL! Pigs will be flying sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Backlog has not even been touched.

• Advertisement

Taken from their website just now

We continue to work through the backlog of payments caused as a result of the IT issues experienced in RBS Group. Unfortunately, due to the complexity and scale of the backlog, we do not now expect to be fully up to date by Monday, 2nd July. We know this disruption is unacceptable and we continue to do all we can to help our customers.

How many more false fix dates are they going to give us???

I think that is now the forth date they have lied about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement