Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

tunedout wrote: »
    Yes.

I see you are putting up a good argument for your point. Good man keep up the good work.
    Backlog has not even been touched.

Ptsb account will be opened on Monday for my next salary so.

2 weeks without money and counting. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

booth70 wrote: »
    I am sure they'll put €100 in everyone's account as a goodwill gesture next week

while i would welcome such a gesture, you shouldnt hold your breath.

Correct me if i am wrong but this has affected approximatley 100,000 irish UB customers -which means if they were to give every individual 100 euros it would cost them 10000000 euros :eek:

that will never happen! its already costing them too much as it is!

ill be shocked if there is any cash compensation. but if there was, it might appese me and could even change my mind about moving when al is back to normal....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Is anyone else getting increasingly annoyed by the lazy lazy reporting around this .

The media are just accepting the UB press releases .

It's not 150k customer effected ...... its MANY MANY MANY more , I am not a customer of UB ( and never will be ) but I am effected , and the company I work for has 6 employees non of whom bank with UB and all are effected.

I am not going out this weekend, and only spending on what I HAVE to. So local businesses are being effect

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

The morning headlines on RTE said "MOST" salaries are now up to date, something along those lines and I'm thinking I still haven't been paid and as it goes on and on I'm more worried that my wages will have just disappeared, that's my biggest fear. More needs to be said about salaries slipping through the cracks.

On a psychological note: It feels as though I have been working for free and that really sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ulster bank is lying to everyone nothing is fixed and nothing is being processed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ulster Bank are Liars

No activity since 20th

Central Bank and regulator has 1200 employees , average salary €80,000; great people , worth every penny for what they do...

What do they do???

Irish media failed us during the credit bubble, this incident demonstrates their ineptness once again, 3rd rate paddy hacks simply reprint the Ulster Bank spin (read LIES)

Well done Irish news outlets, you fail again.

Ulster Bank are Liars, the backlog of truncated branch credits grow, my bills don't get paid despite me piling cash into my account

F U U B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

DD9090 wrote: »
    I see you are putting up a good argument for your point. Good man keep up the good work.

My point was, if Ulster Bank cannot know how long it should take to fix this problem, then I don't think the armchair experts on boards know how long it should take to fix the problem, especially when they don't even know the scale of it. I am very serious about that.

I wouldn't give a timeline for something I haven't a clue about or know the extent of as it is just unfounded and is dictated and derived by frustration and it will also be bias of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The daily conference calls between RBS and India are getting increasingly frazzled. Indians are still trying to save face and telling management what they want to hear. RBS needed a team of business experts liaising with the IT people in India from day one, but they had made all these people redundant. If I was in charge of this mess, I would have personally phoned up some of these business experts, and begged them to come back and help, for big money. That wasn't done. Ulster bank are now getting other banks to help with their clearing instead. Madness

My point was, if Ulster Bank cannot know how long it should take to fix this problem, then I don't think the armchair experts on boards know how long it should take to fix the problem, especially when they don't even know the scale of it. I am very serious about that.

I wouldn't give a timeline for something I haven't a clue about or know the extent of as it is just unfounded and is dictated and derived by frustration and it will also be bias of course.

Well Ulster Bank have been giving timelines which seem to keep changing and they are the ones in the know, they are speculating just like us...

I don't know what the issue is but simple questions need to be answered like why is there not a roll back system to a date prior to patch going live?

I will be staying with Ulster Bank after all this, I don't blame Ulster Bank it's RBS and I cringed when I watched leader's questions and a TD calling for Ulster Bank people to be "hauled in" maybe he needs to be calling the house of commons to get answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭rameire

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I would have personally phoned up some of these business experts, and begged them to come back and help, for big money. That wasn't done. Ulster bank are now getting other banks to help with their clearing instead. Madness

it was done,
    there are a good few people who were employed in the old UB IT sector that were brought in at the start of this mess, and they have been working every day since to rectify it.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

jcupcake wrote: »
    The morning headlines on RTE said "MOST" salaries are now up to date, something along those lines and I'm thinking I still haven't been paid and as it goes on and on I'm more worried that my wages will have just disappeared, that's my biggest fear. More needs to be said about salaries slipping through the cracks.

On a psychological note: It feels as though I have been working for free and that really sucks :(

This I dont get.
    Has anybody got their salary paid into UB this month end? Anybody .... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

My point was,if Ulster Bank cannot know how long it should take to fix this problem, then I don't think the armchair experts on boards know how long it should take to fix the problem, especially when they don't even know the scale of it. I am very serious about that.

Is there someone on boards claiming to know when it will be fixed? Im interested to know, but I dont want to go trawlling through 100 pages of posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Caseywhale wrote: »
    This I dont get.

NOPE. its just lie after lie with them. if they were straight about things i think the public would appreciate it more than the spin therye putting on all of it!
    nobody i know personally has recieved payments into their current accounts since this has started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Is there someone on boards claiming to know when it will be fixed? Im interested to know, but I dont want to go trawlling through 100 pages of posts

No. I just said 10 days seemed too long for such a big corporation to be leaving us all in limbo like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Update for me

Debit card transactions - purchases made in shops are being posted on the front screen of my Anytime Banking account overview. Online purchases are not showing up but all debit card transactions are coming off my available balance.

ATM withdrawals - are being posted on the front screen of my Anytime Banking account overview and are coming off my available balance.

Direct debits / standing orders
    - processed up to June 21st.

If I had cash or cheques to lodge I'd hold on to them. Manual transactions are yet to be keyed - totally different / separate to the overnight batch processing. I imagine this keying will start now (as per the recruitment adverts) but will take a few days to complete.

This I dont get.

Wait wait wait!

I was under the impression that the problem was fixed but it was just a backlog are people who got paid say the 29th of june not had their salaries into their account STILL?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Wait wait wait!

I was under the impression that the problem was fixed but it was just a backlog are people who got paid say the 29th of june not had their salaries into their account STILL?

Nope, still waiting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Ok so theres a number of things thats both annoying me and bothering me a bit about this. I`ve read most of the posts here since this debacle started and must say that a lot of people are having different experiences.
    Fisrt of no doubt UB have people posting positive messages here as there is no way that everybody can still be in a positive mood after being lied too.
    No I recieve a social welfare payment on thursdays, which i havent seen in the last 2 weeks. Now I`ve been inconvenienced but I`ll not die from it after 1 week, after 2 no shows I`m getting a bit p***ed off cos my mortage is due on the 1stbut as its with UB I`m not too bothered cos its their fault.
    My problem is with all these 12.50 DD charges being loaded to my accounts. I have a seprate acc that is only for paying my mortage out off. 2 DD`s to go out for that tomorrow which will not be paid = 25 euro charge. Now my Ufirst acc will have 2 DD`S out monday which will be another 25 euro in charges.
    My point about this is I simply do not believe them when they say that charges will be waived straight away. As my money is tight my fear is that that 50 euro in charges will not be refunded untill Aug or September which is no good to me and plenty others cos i need that 50 euro to pay my bills.... I simply do not have extra money to cover it untill they decide to refund me.
    My main reason why i do not belive a word from them is not only the missed deadlines and conflicting reports what you can and cant do was printed in Thursdays Irish Independant.... Dont know how many of you saw it..... They took out a full page ad to say that the backlog would be cleared by the weekend and buisness as usual on monday yet 5 pages after their ad is an interview with Jim Brown who was quoted as saying he would be causiously optimistic they would have the back log cleared by mid week..... Seriously paying to take a full page ad out only for them to say completly the opposite 5 pages later?????
    I went in this morning and took every penny i have there and have it at home and will do the same for this thursday and to hell with all payments and DD`s..... that way when i will not have any money taken from fines and will pay my bills directly and UB can then sort out my account.... If they dont i wont be worried.... I will have my cash and will only bank with them again when they decide to refund all fines

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Considering they're only at 21st June when processing the batches (see my post above) then any direct debits due on 2nd July will not be taken until all the batches in between have been run.

DD9090 wrote: »
    Nope, still waiting.......

So what they are doing is playing catch up and that some day down the road they'll be in a position where they've 0 backlog and begin to process new lodgements

Monday - pay day
    Tuesday pay day

Wed - pay day
    (UB clears Monday)

Thurs - pay day
    (UB clears Tues)

Does that make sense? Could that explain the shifting estimated times for being fully operational?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Carssou

I am tired with these non-update. It's not enough to change dates and branch opening hours.
    I want to know (and will never) what are the levers pulled. How many OT for people working on the backlog, how many people are only assigned on the backlog, how long the backlog is, what's the real SLA, what type of help they get from other banks.

I can no longer stand the "work around the clock" that's f*****g means nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Wait wait wait!

Yeah, the backlog thing is total bull. I just changed jobs before this mess started and was supposed to get my last month's wages last Thursday. Still not a sign of it. My wife gets paid on Tuesdays. No sign of that either. The new job paid me for the first time on Friday. Yep, no sign of it.

Clearing backlog my a**...

I have an Ulster Bank CC so putting everything on that for now. I always pay my balance in full and supposed to pay it by the 11th of July but that's looking more and more unlikely. If the f***ers even dream of charging me interest, no more patience from me...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Geri Male wrote: »
    Considering they're only at 21st June when processing the batches (see my post above) then any direct debits due on 2nd July will not be taken until all the batches in between have been run.

Well we will see if their telling the truth or not about DD`s being paid regardless soon enough.... if they pay them i wont get charged so happy days.... if they dont pay they and charge me then happy days for me too cos I`ve pulled all my money and have it sitting at home so they cant take their unpaid charges from my cash

J-blk wrote: »
    Yeah, the backlog thing is total bull. I just changed jobs before this mess started and was supposed to get my last month's wages last Thursday. Still not a sign of it. My wife gets paid on Tuesdays. No sign of that either. The new job paid me for the first time on Friday. Yep, no sign of it.

I have an Ulster Bank CC so putting everything on that for now. I always pay my balance in full and supposed to pay it by the 11th of July but that's looking more and more unlikely. If the f***ers even dream of charging me interest, no more patience from me...

This is actually really dis-heartening :(
    I was under the impression that the problem was all sorted out everything is now as normal BUT there was a backlog when the patch went live, No-where was there anything about people of NOW not getting salaries and payments into their accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

This I dont get.

Wait wait wait!

I havent seen my salary processed for the 22nd yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I was under the impression that the problem was all sorted out everything is now as normal BUT there was a backlog when the patch went live, No-where was there anything about people of NOW not getting salaries and payments into their accounts

Exactly. The backlog clearing thing is an utter lie. I haven't seen wages that should have been paid on the 21st. 9 days later and no sign of that first payment either so there is no "progressive" backlog clearing - that's been a lie from the very start...

I'm still not sure they've fixed the original problem at all and this is what really worries me. I work in IT BTW and a clusterf*ck of this scale would be unimaginable in any of the companies I've worked in, so my mind boggles how this can happen to a bank...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

J-blk wrote: »

Do you know what the limit for withdrawal is with their credit card?
    I remember it was somethinng around 500, but no more than 50% of available credit? Can't find it online. Will probably have to withdraw some next week... And yes, if they even try to charge me for that, that is the end of it.

thomasj wrote: »
    I havent got paid for the 22nd yet!

Same here :(

and I'm due to be paid this friday (bi-weekly) might maybe ask to get a cheque for this weeks pay I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

wednesday is supposed to be d-day for when transactions will start showing, according to guy in bank in drogheda, alot of irate customers there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Jcupcake where have you been!

And you're obviously not with Ulsterbank or you wouldn't have thought the above, where did you get that crazy idea that everything is now as normal. :)

None of us have received any payments for the last two weeks. There have been no updates. I have not been paid two salaries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement