Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

kate.m wrote: »
    Bluewolf your recipes are going to be responsible for immense weight gain in my family! (nothing can stop me from making that cheesecake!)

I have a baking related question:

I froze an apple pie on Monday (it hadn't been baked yet, just prepared) and I was wondering if I need to defrost it before I bake it or do I just have to bake it for longer?

Thanks to anyone who can help! Im fairly sure I can just bake from frozen...just Not totally sure :)

bake from frozen
    pastry will be a bit soggy if you don't i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Gah my damn hayfever is at me again!

My eyes are sore, itchy and running water. My nose it sore and I want to sneeze but can't.

Gonna make my bf's bday cake now and then cook dinner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I was with a guy for close to 4 years when I was 17.

Didn't talk to him for years after we broke up and he added me on facebook awhile ago.

He can't help being anything but a mother fu£k!ng pr!ck.

Dunno why I accepted him. Just going to get rid now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I have never had a Thai curry before.

Is it very spicy? Any chance you could post/PM me the recipe please?

Sorry for replying to you late, and I know someone else has already answered, but here's what I do. ;)

I use this paste: http://www.bluedragon.com/products/ingredients/thai-green-curry-paste.aspx

Everything else I got from Aldi, so I got aldi coconut milk, diced chicken, peppers, baby corn, green beans, mushrooms and onions. You can pretty much put in whatever meat and vegetables you prefer though, this is just what's gonna go in tonight's curry. I get a wok (a saucepan works fine too) and cook the chicken and veg, then add the paste. Since I'm making a large curry (4 portions), I'll use half the jar of paste, and cook the meat and veg for about 2 mins in the paste before adding in the coconut milk, give it a good stir and then let it simmer for a while. Very easy and very tasty.

The red curry is also pretty awesome :D

I was trying on shoes today :)

I may have new shoes soon :D

They may be very, very cool and I am excited about shoes! :pac:

(Give a guess as to what shoes) :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Vibrams?

Either them or a thoroughly sexy pair of Irregular Choice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Just booked a girly weekend for myself and mom for next month. Really looking forward to it.

Also picked up two nice pairs of shoes in a sale today. Both we reduce from €75 to € 19. I was suprised to get them as normally find it hard to get my size in Sales.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Omfg the heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bluewolf wrote: »
    Omfg the heat

Is awesome :D

^ Vibrams?

Either them or a thoroughly sexy pair of Irregular Choice :pac:

It's the Vibrams :) (and we shall watch everyone freak out, 'cos they look so weird!)

Same money would've been on Dr. Martens, cos doesn't links have like 60 pairs of docs? well, yes I do :p but for once I'm breaking form.

I'd love Irregular Choice, have been mad over them for a while, but I just don't think I'd manage with the heels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i dont understand why i sneeze when i eat toast!!

and people are stupid and make me want to cry for humanity

and i dont understand this new layout

Kiera wrote: »
    Is awesome :D
    Grmbl

bluewolf wrote: »
    Grmbl

You're such a moany mini when the sun's out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

But the sun isn't really out is it? It's a sticky, damp, humid, icky heat that makes you feel all sweaty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I love the scrolling menu I have to say. I'd love if you could change the colour scheme though because I love purple. :o

I was saying the exact same thing! I'm glad that someone understands :D

Mars Bar wrote: »
    But the sun isn't really out is it? It's a sticky, damp, humid, icky heat that makes you feel all sweaty.

Wear less ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    Sorry for replying to you late, and I know someone else has already answered, but here's what I do. ;)

I use this paste: http://www.bluedragon.com/products/ingredients/thai-green-curry-paste.aspx

Everything else I got from Aldi, so I got aldi coconut milk, diced chicken, peppers, baby corn, green beans, mushrooms and onions. You can pretty much put in whatever meat and vegetables you prefer though, this is just what's gonna go in tonight's curry. I get a wok (a saucepan works fine too) and cook the chicken and veg, then add the paste. Since I'm making a large curry (4 portions), I'll use half the jar of paste, and cook the meat and veg for about 2 mins in the paste before adding in the coconut milk, give it a good stir and then let it simmer for a while. Very easy and very tasty.

Thanks so much Links, sounds fab, will give it a try sometime soon :)

Mightily pissed off, the bf said he was coming here after work, so I said I'd do dinner.

Got the stuff in town for dinner and he rang me a few mins ago saying he was at home and isn't coming over.

If he'd told me earlier I wouldn't have bothered buying the stuff in town.

On top of that I made his birthday cake, which he was meant to be collecting this evening, so he says he might collect it tomorrow.

Men :rolleyes:

• Administrators Posts: 53,555 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Got my mother with a beauty!!!

I know she was very sore from being out in the garden yesterday, and went in to watch Neighbours and Home and Away, so I managed to get all of it done, put away and the iron etc away before she saw me! She went down there to collect the basket to start it, and nearly hurt her back trying to lift the basket, thinking it was heavy :D:D Look on her face when she came up and asked where the ironing was - my reply: the ironing fairy came :D Then confessed what I did - her best surprise in years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Absolutely DRAGGING myself out the door to go for a run. So tired, want sleep, in a bad mood :(

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Out the door! Go go go!

Tis a lovely evening! :)

You're not my real mom! :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

coco_lola wrote: »
    Absolutely DRAGGING myself out the door to go for a run. So tired, want sleep, in a bad mood :(
    You'll sleep better later if you run now ;)

awec wrote: »
    Ya never know...

OMG I'm too young to be on Jeremy Kyle

Thanks so much Links, sounds fab, will give it a try sometime soon :)

Mightily pissed off, the bf said he was coming here after work, so I said I'd do dinner.

Got the stuff in town for dinner and he rang me a few mins ago saying he was at home and isn't coming over.

If he'd told me earlier I wouldn't have bothered buying the stuff in town.

On top of that I made his birthday cake, which he was meant to be collecting this evening, so he says he might collect it tomorrow.

Men :rolleyes:
    oh FFS, that's awful. It's terrible when you try to do something nice for someone, and they just feck off. You should do dinner anyway, invite a friend over, and enjoy :D

oh FFS, that's awful. It's terrible when you try to do something nice for someone, and they just feck off. You should do dinner anyway, invite a friend over, and enjoy :D
    It wouldn't be half as bad only he has to pass my house to get to his.

It wouldn't have killed him to let me know earlier before I went and bought everything ffs.

I'm in such a bad mood now 'cause of it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Scarinae wrote: »
    I was saying the exact same thing! I'm glad that someone understands :D

Yeah I had my old layout purple for ages. I love the new one but colours would be great! I would love if the pages weren't so wide if you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

coco_lola wrote: »
    I'm being dragged for a cycle so you have to go for a run :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement