Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

awec wrote: »
    What you mean is, "I'm too normal to be on Jeremy Kyle".

I think we're all pretty sure that's not true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Links234 wrote: »
    oh FFS, that's awful. It's terrible when you try to do something nice for someone, and they just feck off. You should do dinner anyway, invite a friend over, and enjoy :D
    It wouldn't be half as bad only he has to pass my house to get to his.

It wouldn't have killed him to let me know earlier before I went and bought everything ffs.

I'm in such a bad mood now 'cause of it. :o
    Tell him you threw his dinner in the bin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I decided to try baking my first ever cake.. I currently have this cake in the oven. :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,555 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

coco_lola wrote: »
    I think we're all pretty sure that's not true
    :D

Well, I can only speak for myself when I say I'm perfectly normal. :P
    No, no you're not...

• Advertisement

:D

Well, I can only speak for myself when I say I'm perfectly normal. :P

Awwkkwaarrrdd

• Administrators Posts: 53,555 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I have 748. I delete a few every now and then but usually can't be arsed. Some people get very offended if you delete them on facebook :/

Actually, recently, I decided to have a look through my friends. I had around 300 or so, and I set about a third of them as "Acquaintances" - which (I think) means we don't come up in each others newsfeeds, and we can't see each others pages anymore. It's just that, because we don't speak regularly, I didn't see the point in us popping up in each others news all the time. But I wanted to stay FB "friends", rather than delete them, in case we ever needed to get in touch in the future.

A week later, I'd lost twenty friends! :D I don't care, seeing as I honestly have no idea who any of the twenty were! It'd just mad that they'd have actually noticed that they couldn't see my page anymore?! When the only people that I put on that list were people I don't speak to anyways!!

Quiet down you! :P

I can make things worse for you this evening! :D

I am totally taking this the wrong way :P

tumblr_lkyyxxOe591qef0tt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

coco_lola wrote: »

Quiet down you! :P

I can make things worse for you this evening! :D

I am totally taking this the wrong way :P

tumblr_lkyyxxOe591qef0tt.jpg
    That does sound bad :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just went through my FB friends list and deleted a few people, down to thirty seven friends now :)

I don't get why some people add every tom, dick and harry that send them a friend request just to bump up their friends list numbers. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Really liking this new layout for Boards, easier to navigate or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

:mad:MARIA SHARAPOVA - shut the feck up. Hits mute button. Smiles to self. :D

On top of that I made his birthday cake, which he was meant to be collecting this evening, so he says he might collect it tomorrow.
    Had a slice of the cake, well I thought it was under cooked on the inside so cut a bit off to see, but turns out it's cooked properly.

I'll just make a fresh one when I know he is coming to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Housemate gave me quiche to have for dinner. Om nom nom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just went through my FB friends list and deleted a few people, down to thirty seven friends now :)

I don't get why some people add every tom, dick and harry that send them a friend request just to bump up their friends list numbers. :confused:

I have 649 friends. :o

I have a few that are Elton John fans too and now I'm just ignoring friend requests from the ones I haven't met. I now have a, "if you don't speak English then no friendy" rule.

I do know a lot of those people though from home, college and my fas course. I also add a lot of football clubs and organisations as friends too.

Had a slice of the cake, well I thought it was under cooked on the inside so cut a bit off to see, but turns out it's cooked properly.

I'll just make a fresh one when I know he is coming to collect it.

Or, you could eat the whole cake that you so kindly made for him and when he next comes round, hand him the plate with just a few lonely crumbs on it.....?

NCONTHEMC wrote: »
    Or, you could eat the whole cake that you so kindly made for him and when he next comes round, hand him the plate with just a few lonely crumbs on it.....?
    That's too cruel, I couldn't do that to him :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Ah most people don't put overly-personal stuff on their Facebook. It's just a handy networking tool, more than anything else. :)

That's too cruel, I couldn't do that to him :o

Really?!?! :eek: not even as a slap-on-the-wrist type joke thing?

I could totally eat the cake I made for someone else, who then didn't bother to come over when they said they would.....AND I'd enjoy it too! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I decided to try baking my first ever cake.. I currently have this cake in the oven. :D

I love lemon drizzle cake :D

Really?!?! :eek: not even as a slap-on-the-wrist type joke thing?

I could totally eat the cake I made for someone else, who then didn't bother to come over when they said they would.....AND I'd enjoy it too! :cool:
    Yup, I know he didn't mean anything bad/sneaky etc by not telling me earlier, but it still doesn't take much/any effort to text/ring/email etc to let someone know you aren't going to their house for dinner.

Had he told me earlier I wouldn't have bought the stuff for dinner as I had stuff here I could've just cooked for myself (there wouldn't be enough for two, hence buying more so there would be enough).

Maybe he didn't think or something. I dunno.

Housemate gave me quiche to have for dinner. Om nom nom!!
    Only just spotted this - was is quiche lorraine?

I love QL with ham, mushrooms, cheese, and onion, NOM!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Seriously, why do people in apartment blocks think that they can just blast their music out at full volume. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

want to bring my doggie for a walk but my ankles and feet are so swollen from the heat,none of my shoes fit! and flip flops dig in :-(

Seriously, why do people in apartment blocks think that they can just blast their music out at full volume. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT
    The amount of cars in town today that had music blaring out of them was unreal, it didn't help that there was a Midlands 103 van parked in the centre of town with music etc blaring from it.

Is asking them to turn it down a bit an option?

Yup, I know he didn't mean anything bad/sneaky etc by not telling me earlier, but it still doesn't take much/any effort to text/ring/email etc to let someone know you aren't going to their house for dinner.

Had he told me earlier I wouldn't have bought the stuff for dinner as I had stuff here I could've just cooked for myself (there wouldn't be enough for two, hence buying more so there would be enough).

Maybe he didn't think or something. I dunno.

Let me see.... Man who doesn't think..... Yep, reckon I know him! He's not exactly trying to piss you off, that just happens to be a by product of his not thinking. Also, if you point out to him that you're pissed off he won't see why you're annoyed about it, thus making you even MORE annoyed. Yep I defo went out with him. *

*Note not Mr The Lovely Muffin himself but one of his brethren. Hope you're not too upset, have another slice of cake perhaps?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Pics of cake. :D

Cake 1.jpg

Cake 2.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The amount of cars in town today that had music blaring out of them was unreal, it didn't help that there was a Midlands 103 van parked in the centre of town with music etc blaring from it.

Is asking them to turn it down a bit an option?

I'd have to work out which apt it is! It's so loud though!

My roomate does this too but I don't think it's her seeing as I usually have to hear her sing along too...

• Advertisement

Let me see.... Man who doesn't think..... Yep, reckon I know him! He's not exactly trying to piss you off, that just happens to be a by product of his not thinking. Also, if you point out to him that you're pissed off he won't see why you're annoyed about it, thus making you even MORE annoyed. Yep I defo went out with him. *

*Note not Mr The Lovely Muffin himself but one of his brethren. Hope you're not too upset, have another slice of cake perhaps?!:D
    :D:D:D

There's only one slice of cake left (no, I didn't eat it all), which I'm saving for later! I'll have it with the kopparberg I got in town :)
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Pics of cake. :D

Cake 1.jpg

Cake 2.jpg
    That looks delicious Jane, well done :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement