Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL FRENCH...Before/After**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sarahmocks

i disagreed with how young people have lots to be happy about! is that okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

sarahmocks wrote: »
    i disagreed with how young people have lots to be happy about! is that okay?
    I said there is a lot to be pessimistic about but then said there were reasons to be happy (friends, sports, drink! technological advances and the future!) hope it was good, I'd say everybody this was writing most of the stuff off the cuff, there was nothing you could really of had prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Darren.993

I said that we have facilities such as the O2 to see concerts in and that college fees are lower in Ireland than the US for the first written piece. Then in the concert opinion piece I said concerts are a waste of money and that college fees in Ireland are high. :o

The paper was nice but the second comprehension was very hard. I'm sure I answered everything wrong in it. The listening didn't go great for me either, but I'm crap at listening in general so I expected that.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I said we have activities like sports, music and the pubs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I thought the paper was lovely! I know I got two in the listening wrong; the only about the weather and the man speeding with the frozen food. I have no idea why but I said he left food cooking in the over :confused:

I did all of the essays bar two, because I had so much time left over, hoefully they won't dock me for that :/

But it really was a lovely paper :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SarahP123

For the Q1 about the telephone call, was it ok to say your friend had bad news? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Uggghhhhhhh. I just realised I spelt the phrase 'on the other hand' wrong.. :mad: Do you think i'll lose many marks?

I said:
    En ravanche
    Instead of:
    En revenche
    Raging! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Had an awful aural- appeared to suddenly go deaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭John Sugrue

Uggghhhhhhh. I just realised I spelt the phrase 'on the other hand' wrong.. :mad: Do you think i'll lose many marks?

I said:
    En ravanche
    Instead of:
    En revenche

That's not serious. Depending on how neat your writing is, the examiner might not even notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I said:
    En ravanche
    Instead of:
    En revenche

I think you lose one mark for every grammar/spelling mistake. Well, according to my teacher anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

I said:
    En ravanche
    Instead of:
    En revenche

First of all the above are both wrong ha it's en revanche! but you reli sudnt be worried about one spelling mistake haha get over it ...you sud see some peoples scripts !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Paper kind of threw me at first because I was expecting harder topics, not all that 'Why is Ireland lovely?' stuff :p
    No idea if I got my A but I thought it was fine, for the sports programmes thing I said people spend too much time watching sports when they should be playing them and I'm slightly afraid it strayed a bit but we'll see. Comprehensions were beaut, aural was fine but I literally couldn't hear it at times

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Nice first comprehension, second comprehension was balls, was grand with the Reason to be Happy and Euro 2012 essays, 'eh' with the Protests one, diary wasn't great and aural was crap.

I'm going to look like such a pleib though, I talked about how we were lucky to experience something as amazing as the Olympics in that first essay and then in the Euro 2012 one I said that sports events should be abolished. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

Does anyone know if they ask for one right answer and you give one right and one wrong do you get 0m in ordinary level or is that just higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Ah that French did me ok I think! My Oral might bring me down a bit but *hopefully* got a b2 or a b3 :rolleyes: I just have niggling doubts that it could all be wrong even though i was happy enough.

Q1A I wrote stuff about how the youth of today had the ability to be who they wanted to be and not be judged, how they can travel to any part of the world now and said that 50 years ago this was near impossible for people because of expense and stuff, and technology gave me my final point so i'm hoping thats ok :o

The journal intime was me having disgruntled customers and stuff, and the concerts were me waffling on, so i did Q4a too, and the comprehensions were grand i think, though i made a couple silly mistakes >.<

All in all, I'm hoping all has gone ok for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

grantyrs10 wrote: »
    haha get over it ...QUOTE]

Bit rude, it was just a question like. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 clairekitteh

iLaura wrote: »
    I think you lose one mark for every grammar/spelling mistake. Well, according to my teacher anyway.

I don't think thats right at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I just realized that I unintentionally wrote 2-3 English words in my written piece- will that cost me a lot? :eek:
    And do they really deduct 1 mark for every grammar mistake? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

grantyrs10 wrote: »
    First of all the above are both wrong ha it's en revanche! but you reli sudnt be worried about one spelling mistake haha get over it ...you sud see some peoples scripts !!!!

No text speak please!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

Comprehensions were grand, I got A and D,

Written pieces I did 1A) wrote that young people should be happy and compared Irish youth to people in 3rd world and how we should be happy.

2a) In first year I learned the word for ladder and I said I would use it in my my LC, with question 2a i did:D

4b) It disagreed with the statement saying that theres no point holidaying in Ireland due to bad weather and its expensive etc..

Aural - Wasnt the best for me, I misheard the guy speeding, the one about food and i heard the word gauffre meaning waffle :L

One thing I am worried about is that I went waay over the word count for all written pieces, I asked my teacher and she said I would lose marks but im just worried about all the extra grammar mistakes:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 clairekitteh

Am I the only one worried that it was TOO easy? And hence the marking scheme will be brutal? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I misheard the the quantity at first and thought someone brought 300 kilos of heroin on the train >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yellowstars

wow,what a nice paper! :) so happy,especially after that horrible biology one :/ blaaaah. Just wondering does anyone know the actual answers for the french comps? especially the one with "find a phrase that shows his phone rang again once more" and "why was their conversation cut short"? cheers! Bring on chemistry and music! :O :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 seanog9494

I accidentally talked about learning French in school not learning Irish. I really mis read the question..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

I was surprised by how lovely that paper was! Comprehensions where actually comprehensible (surprise, surprise), Aural wasn't the best but sure c'est la vie! Managed to get an extra essay written too! woo.
    Did anyone else notice how the email about the Irish language was word from word the same as a question that came up a few years ago? I nearly whooped when I saw it! Lovely topics! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

The diary entry came up in the late 90s too. I had it done in my copy and was looking at the page before it 10 minutes before the exam, wish I'd read over it, would've gotten it done way quicker instead of running short on time. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i said <<rares>> voitures for the ajective possessive, is that wrong? (just the rares part)
    also for Sec 1 q2 of the listening i got something about her having a horse and she wouldn't show her it. ooops. this thread is making me realise all my mistakes i made -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

imelle wrote: »
    i said <<rares>> voitures for the ajective possessive, is that wrong? (just the rares part)
    also for Sec 1 q2 of the listening i got something about her having a horse and she wouldn't show her it. ooops. this thread is making me realise all my mistakes i made -_-
    well she said she was disappointed that she got to spend very little time on the horse

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

RedTexan wrote: »
    imelle wrote: »
    well she said she was disappointed that she got to spend very little time on the horse
    Would a possessive adjective be something like,'mon,ma,mes,ton,ta,tes..and so on? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Darksider

lauz94 wrote: »
    Would a possessive adjective be something like,'mon,ma,mes,ton,ta,tes..and so on? :/

yep. the answer i had was 'son'

Advertisement