Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL FRENCH...Before/After**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

is anyone learning formal letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

M&S* wrote: »
    Question for all you francophones! Am I able to use the same vocab for all the opinion pieces? I've a nice little opening sentence that I generally use but is it okay to re-use it?

For Different pieces yes, technically that should be okay. Just dont re-use it in the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ashalingable

topics? i have a good bit learnt but i'd like to hear what everyone else is doing tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭IRA 1916

imelle wrote: »
    is anyone learning formal letters?

Trying to anyway, what side does your address go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 porsche924

If I pass HL French I'll be delighted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

IRA 1916 wrote: »
    Trying to anyway, what side does your address go on?

our teacher told us our address goes on the left and the person you're writing to on the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭NinjaDucks

Hey, I was just wondering if someone could clarify something for me: y'know in the written section, I know you must do Q1 but then after that, do you only have to do two from either Q's 2, 3 and 4? I'm sure it's only two, but je suis un peu nerveuse. *please let that be right* Merci et bonne chance (:

NinjaDucks wrote: »
    Hey, I was just wondering if someone could clarify something for me: y'know in the written section, I know you must do Q1 but then after that, do you only have to do two from either Q's 2, 3 and 4? I'm sure it's only two, but je suis un peu nerveuse. *please let that be right* Merci et bonne chance (:

Yup correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

What's the layout for an email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

17Dan21 wrote: »
    What's the layout for an email?

Date:
    À:
    De:
    Objet:

*Email*

That's it, order doesn't matter for the first four lines because there's no marks going for layout, unlike letters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Actually a bit freaked about french, its one of my requirements but its not so much that as the fact that this exam might be weird to answer or very specific. I mean, reading over some of your stuff posted on here, my french phrases are relatively simple and I think I'll look incredibly stupid :o

I think I'll have to change my whole CAO if tomorrow goes bad! :/

AnnaKin wrote: »
    Actually a bit freaked about french, its one of my requirements but its not so much that as the fact that this exam might be weird to answer or very specific. I mean, reading over some of your stuff posted on here, my french phrases are relatively simple and I think I'll look incredibly stupid :o

Mine are super simple too and I keep mine to the bare 75 or 90 words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I assumed the letter came up every year, what are the chances of it not coming up because our teacher didn't cover anything else with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

our teacher told us our address goes on the left and the person you're writing to on the right?

Can anyone verify this?

Can anyone verify this?

Yeah it's right I found my sheets there

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Can anyone verify this?
    I think it's right, I have a (very!) vague recollection of being told that it's the opposite to how we write it in English :)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Mine are super simple too and I keep mine to the bare 75 or 90 words

Really?? Oh thank God!! :o
    This is the most important exam for me but I just cant study french because I prefer to just go with what I think with the question. I hope to God this exam is decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jed_Dreams

AnnaKin wrote: »

I'm the same really hope its a nice paper i have to do well !

Yeah it's right I found my sheets there
    Joey. wrote: »
    I think it's right, I have a (very!) vague recollection of being told that it's the opposite to how we write it in English :)

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Jed_Dreams

anybody know when was the last time the third world came up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sarahmocks

hey i was just wondering if anybody has an opening and ending for a diary that can be used for any of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

sarahmocks wrote: »
    hey i was just wondering if anybody has an opening and ending for a diary that can be used for any of them?

Cher Journal!
    À bientôt!

;)

Anybody got any more on the letter layout? What I know so far is that the addresses are laid out like this

[sender's address] - [recipient's address (other side of page)]

[to whoever]
    [body of letter]
    [goodbye bit]

Does anyone know if that would get full marks for layout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Jed_Dreams wrote: »
    anybody know when was the last time the third world came up ?

Poverty was up in 2007. Volunteering was up in 2010. :)

@Dwellingdweller the only other thing you need is [Town, Date] above the (recipient's) address on the right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Need help. I have been sitting with my notes lurking around the biology thread for the last two hours simply because I don't know where to start. Any help? What topics are worth looking at?

Is it possible to get pretty decent marks if you have a perfect essay but it's only at the very minimum (75-90?)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Definitely fine! you only need to get the 75-90 to get full marks also i have been told by teachers if you write too much they stop correcting , that could cut out your ending and you can lose marks so don't write too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

hey i keep seeing people talk about traffic as a topic to come up? I'm a bit confused as to what they could ask on that? any suggestions would be helpful please..

• Advertisement

amyleaving wrote: »
    Definitely fine! you only need to get the 75-90 to get full marks also i have been told by teachers if you write too much they stop correcting , that could cut out your ending and you can lose marks so don't write too much!

Phew that's a relief! I'm using really simple phrases though, but better than making mistakes I guess!

Advertisement