Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL FRENCH...Before/After**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lorrieq

I heard drugs in sport is a potential essay... Don't know how you'd do that.

I'm gonna stick with the generic alcohol, climate change, letters, and maybe something on the Olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Hopefully they won't throw a completely unpredictable paper at us out of the blue anyway. Although that might actually suit me... Wait, nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Le dopage dans le sport:

Il faut que je dise que ce problème se répand de nos jours surtout au haut niveau. Je discuterai les méthodes du dopage et ce que je pense ce qu'on doit faire pour l'ámeliorer.

Les méthodes évoluent inconstamment. Les athlètes feront n'importe quoi pour qu'ils puissent gagner. On verra sans doute ce fleau aux jeux olimpiques cette année. Beaucoup d'entre eux sera disposé à prendre les stimulants pour y procurer le prix.C'est vraiment une honte,à mon avis.

Je pense qu'il faut qu'on fasse quelque chose pour se tenir le controle aux jeux olympiques et aussi dans tout le monde du sport. Je me souviens bien quand j'ai entendu que Rio Ferdinand prenait les drogues. Cela m'a choqué! J'espère qu'on changera le facon de sanctionner pour qu'on ne le répete encore.On doit rester optimiste, une amélioration peut venir.

Thats just a small bit of dopage that I thought of in my head... might think of more. I hope there is no mistakes let me know please if there is !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I haven't a clue, but I'm dreading French /:

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭NinjaDucks

My teacher stressed obesity as well as television (including reality t.v.) along with drugs&sport, role of women, old people, war/crime, environment and road safety. Learning off general sentences like "Il est impossible de nier qu'il existe un proble\me quant a\" (It's impossible to deny that there is a problem regarding...) would be a good thing to do, rather than whole essays at this stage. Build up your vocab regarding those topics and you should be sound...hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 iluvgreenday246

NinjaDucks wrote: »
    crime

sure that was up last year :/

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I hear the predictability of the leaving cert is a good topic to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

I'm so terrified about french, not my strongest subject.
    Not sure what topics to learn well, I'm prepared for Violence/Discrimination, Media, Alcohol...
    Cant really find any good websites to help with topics.. and we never used a book in class only impossible hand outs ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I hope we get a funny aural, apparently the german ones are hilarious!

The only funny thing I saw was on the marking scheme for 2011

""Ans: They were picking mushrooms 2 marks

Note if incorrect verb used, planting/smoking,deduct 1 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I hope we don't get a horrible literary comprehension. I'm unsure how I did in the oral and I can't lose any more :/

• Advertisement

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I hope we don't get a horrible literary comprehension. I'm unsure how I did in the oral and I can't lose any more :/

That's the same with me! I really can't decide how I did in the oral so if the comprehensions are bad, I'll be very worried! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

My comprehensions are better than they were,but a bad one could throw me.An A in French would make so much difference for me :S

Chuchoter wrote: »
    My comprehensions are better than they were,but a bad one could throw me.An A in French would make so much difference for me :S

I'd love an a too! My comprehensions were ok in the mocks, got 100% in one and 67% in the other.. :/ The corrector we had was lovely though, he mentioned me a few times in the script of "how well the class did thing", saying coongratulations to me with my 100% comprehension :L :P and he seemed to like how I used a bad word in my diary entry *scandal*

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭NinjaDucks

sure that was up last year :/

I'm aware of that, but it's not unheard of for things to appear a second year running. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

I'm finding it near impossible to choose topics to cover, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

lkate wrote: »
    Lads.. what topics do ye reckon could surface on this year's french?
    How is everyone set?

I'm absolutely ****ed:( I just want a pass anybody know how to get a pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Do u think Olympics, Racism, Alcohol, Violence, Drugs, Emigration, Elderly people will be enough topics to cover? Its literally going to be a night before the exam job. Any other specific topics please let me know:D

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I have to seriously cram for this. Was meant to do it Friday night but got too lazy.
    Be grand. I'm sorted for the comprehensions and diary, just a few universal lines for the topics, and a sentence or 2 on each topic and be fine. :)
    My biggest fault is writing too much. It ends up being irrelevant and full of grammar mistakes.
    Does anyone know if we have any paper to make a rough work plan?

Also, do people think there's a chance a diary wont come up cos' of this whole unpredictability thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

No.. i know they are trying to be unpredicatable but a diary has come up every single year , that would just be horrible of them, i think it nearly has to come up , i'm hoping they can't be that mean anyway :P but i think one will come up and it may be a bit harder than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

amyleaving wrote: »
    No.. i know they are trying to be unpredicatable but a diary has come up every single year , that would just be horrible of them, i think it nearly has to come up , i'm hoping they can't be that mean anyway :P but i think one will come up and it may be a bit harder than usual
    I hope so anyways, think I'll look over the layout for an email and notes just incase, especially with last years diary being so easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

the easiest thing to do i find is learn generic phrases !
    eg: je suis tout a fait d'accord avec cela
    Tout le monde sait que
    beaucoup de personnes partagent cette opinion
    chacun a son propre opinion
    je discuterai ce que je pense
    je dirais que
    il faut que je dise
    en fin de compte,
    en revanche
    autrement
    soyons optimiste,une amélioration peut venir

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zachdiebold

Translated:
    grantyrs10 wrote: »
    je suis tout a fait d'accord avec cela I am completely in agreement with
    Tout le monde sait que Everyone thinks that..
    beaucoup de personnes partagent cette opinionMany people share this opinion
    chacun a son propre opinion Everyone has their own opinion
    je discuterai ce que je pense I will discuss what I think
    je dirais que I would say that
    il faut que je dise I must say
    en fin de compte Ultimately
    en revanche On the other hand
    autrement Otherwise
    soyons optimiste,une amélioration peut venir Let's be optimistic, one improvement can come

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Begging for the Olympics. Or drugs (ahem).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm really confident for French, easy enough to learn off a lot of general phrases or phrases you can easily change to fit the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Anyone else doing a study the night before the exam job?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kel_lawd

smithy77 wrote: »
    Anyone else doing a study the night before the exam job?:p

Total night before jam kind of job...did anyone know Levaign Cert was gonna be so hard?!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Just gonna put this out there, but the French Open? I'd say think about that too as a possibility. (: Dreading these essays. Let's hope the the examiners got soft when laying out the French paper. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ImFudged

I have alcohol, drugs, smoking, health, technology(media), drink driving and politics prepared along with loads of verbs and all my tenses, A1 here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

I'm so good at french but betcha Ill be cramming one liners the night before and then Ill end up thinking in irish on the day fml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 DavidK1994

Anybody have tips on what may be coming up?
    Also.. just say for example I stray a bit of topic from the point in a written piece ... how much marks are going for staying to the q?? (for both 90 and 75 worders)

Thanks ;) Dave.

Advertisement