Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Yes, I like the sound of being able to hole up somewhere until the heat dies down - bit like hiding in the bins in Bully. I did like the wanted system change they've made with the new games but they were too easy to evade. All you needed to do was put the pedal down and drive in a straight line across town and you could quickly evade even a 4-star level. I'd like to see Rockstar make the police more persistent and devious...

Subways made it so easy to get away from the cops they never seemed to figure out how to get at you in them. I heard that in V the cops will keep looking for one for one day in game two for five and three for six. I would love to see a system where a case is build on you leading to a warrant out for arrest. If you commit a lot for crimes with the same guns or car the case meter build up but if you destroy the car or get rid of the gun it would drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

I think the wanted level system in Chinatown wars was brilliant, I'd love to see something similar in GTA V. http://gta.wikia.com/Wanted_Level_in_GTA_Chinatown_Wars
    It's not particularly realistic but surely that's meant to be the point of GTA..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

CMpunked wrote: »
    I agree. I've always expected gta to, at some point, make more of an emphasis on the non ballistic weaponry at the beginning of the game. I think you get a handgun too quickly and everything just escalates pretty fast until you're running around with an mp5 that doesnt leave your hands for the remainder of the game.

Agreed. In IV, the first few missions are driving ones, then the one where you kill Darden bare handed, then you get a pistol off of Jacob and basically there's shooting involved in virtually every mission after that.

Would have been so much better if you had to do a few enforcement missios for Vlad and Faustin with a baseball bat and stuff. Even if it were side-missions that'd be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What's more unrealistic is being able to carry all those weapons around at the one time.

Yeah I suppose they should have a weapons limit option for players who want a more realistic experience.

Squarewave wrote: »
    I think the wanted level system in Chinatown wars was brilliant, I'd love to see something similar in GTA V. http://gta.wikia.com/Wanted_Level_in_GTA_Chinatown_Wars
    It's not particularly realistic but surely that's meant to be the point of GTA..

I've never played that game, but that wanted system sounds pretty clever, alright. Makes it a little more tactical.

• Advertisement

al28283 wrote: »
    Why not just have God mode on all the time?
    I have a friend that thinks like this and doesnt realise that half of the gameplay involves limiting your arsenal to make the game a challenge. Too many weapons at once and the game gets boring very fast.

To be honest, I wasn't really thinking of missions. I was thinking more of just free playing and running about. Obviously having loads of every weapon type would make the game a little easy (though they could just introduce the weapons very slowly and not allow you to have grenade/rocket launchers or over the top machine guns until much later in the game).

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I want a mission where you meet up with some vegan far-left conspiracy theorist and he has a grudge against Cluckin' Bell for their treatment of chickens and you have to carry out a terrorist attack in one of their oultets. The idea being the customers are just as guilty and would all be bombed out of it too.

I like terrorism. Nevermind little girly guns. I'm talking BOMBS for this ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is V a secret game whos appearance at E3 wont be announced?

Here the dates and times of the secret game slots for this week:
    Tuesday at half 1:00, 5:00, 20 past 5.
    Wednesday at 11:40, 12:00.
    Thursday at 12:40 and 4:20.

GTA wont be down on the show floor along with the rest of the games to be tried out by attendees, but who's to say we dont get some sort of announcement during these times?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Is V a secret game whos appearance at E3 wont be announced?

Here the dates and times of the secret game slots for this week:
    Tuesday at half 1:00, 5:00, 20 past 5.
    Wednesday at 11:40, 12:00.
    Thursday at 12:40 and 4:20.

GTA wont be down on the show floor along with the rest of the games to be tried out by attendees, but who's to say we dont get some sort of announcement during these times?

Rockstar have never done an E3 event afaik, doubt they'd start going now. However, that doesn't mean they won't do something during E3. I wouldn't be surprised if they released some screen shots or something else to take all the attention away from E3.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Rockstar have never done an E3 event afaik, doubt they'd start going now. However, that doesn't mean they won't do something during E3. I wouldn't be surprised if they released some screen shots or something else to take all the attention away from E3.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, III was announced at E3 by Rockstar, and IV was announced at E3 by Microsoft on behalf of Rockstar?

In saying that; I don't expect any V news to be part of E3, but I do expect R* to do something during that time, to take people's attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I have to say this is the most activity I've ever seen on this forum.

One more thing, Bring back the chainsaw.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I have to say this is the most activity I've ever seen on this forum.

One more thing, Bring back the chainsaw.

And the katana and dildos :P

But tbh, I think R* are happy enough to let Saints Row take the whacky out of control market, and will probably focus more on the gritty, realistic stuff like IV. Which is fine by me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And the katana and dildos :P

But tbh, I think R* are happy enough to let Saints Row take the whacky out of control market, and will probably focus more on the gritty, realistic stuff like IV. Which is fine by me. :)

There is plenty of room for both of them R* does one hell of a story but I do hope they change it slight from the rags to riches line they love. LA Noire did it well. Can't wait for the new Lazlow slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im trying to ignore this thread and forget about the game till i get a release date, its literally the only game im looking forward to.

i only play fifa,cod & gta so this one is just long over-due. Im sick to the teeth of cod, mw3 was a disaster imo. fifa is fifa a great game but is the same most years....

i need this gta, san andreas is my all time favorite game. im starting to get sick of playing the xbox, its mainly used for the sky player and dvds these days so gta could kick start my desire to game !.:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

i only play fifa,cod & gta

Oh, you're one of those people...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

5uspect wrote: »

And you're one of those people...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Liam O wrote: »
    And you're one of those people...

afaik we're all people. :p

Well we always like a good moan about how people who only play CoD and FIFA, endlessly, are ruining innovation in gaming since every developer has begun to pander to this lowest common denominator with endless clones.

I wonder if mufcboy1999 has actually played many other games that differ substantially from these three series and why does he stick to them? Is it limited resources to spend on new games or just that he feels other games are boring?

A few posters wandered into the Max Payne 3 thread to simply ask "Is this free roam?" ignoring the previous explanations that it wasn't and then disappeared. I've seen people ask the exact same question on the Steam forums. They seem to have zero interest in anything else or have no interest in actually researching the game details. They just want more GTA free roam. If that's what they want fine, some people are happy to play dust2 all day. I would just like to know what this kind of person gets out of it?

This also helps to distract from the endless waiting game...

I don't like you.

I'm crushed.

• Advertisement

Howye crushed, I'm Paddy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Guys, I get the feeling this game is delayed. It is so long since the first trailer that it seems strange that a second or even some screen shots haven't shown since.

There are rumours of a Oct release but thats only 4 months away. You would think by now we would have got a 2nd trailer or some info or screenshots to build up to a release.

Havent all the other gta's before this been brought out in october? It would make sense if it came out then, but then again it wouldnt, because we havent been shown any signs of progression by them since the trailer was released...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Havent all the other gta's before this been brought out in october? It would make sense if it came out then, but then again it wouldnt, because we havent been shown any signs of progression by them since the trailer was released...

4 came out in April '08.

Feck me. 4 years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i remember i bought a ps3 specifically for it - jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Howye crushed, I'm Paddy. :)

haha well played:pac:

I'm predicting March/April '13. But we'll see a new trailer by the end of July. R* had their hands full with Max Payne 3 over the past few weeks, and weren't going to announce anything this week because of E3.

To be honest, I don't mind if it's delayed. I'm still getting tonnes of fun out of IV, and I haven't even got a PC version to mod yet :P So they can delay it as long as they need to to get it done.

4 came out in April '08.

Feck me. 4 years ago..

It was scheduled for an October release though, and got delayed, unfortunately. I think they had RAGE issues or something.

A few posters wandered into the Max Payne 3 thread to simply ask "Is this free roam?"... They just want more GTA free roam. If that's what they want fine... I would just like to know what this kind of person gets out of it?

Well I can only speak for myself, but GTA is quite literally the only game I play. I have a copy of WWE SvR 2009 for 360 sitting on the shelf, too, but it was played for a week or two when it first came out and then forgotten about.

For me, I like GTA because there's no real end to the amounts of random stuff you can do, and you don't have to do any of it (a big appeal to me). I never really was too fond of games where you're going through a level at a time and you just have to do X and Y correctly to complete it.

First person shooters bore the pants off me, for example, because it's just the same thing over and over and over again (I realise these games become more popular in online multiplayer these days, but I'm not a big online gamer).

I also hate having to repeat levels or missions because I didn't do something right.

Admittedly, all of this stuff is in GTA too, but I generally view the missions as secondary to the city when I get the games. I usually fly through the first few missions (to unlock the second part of the city) and it's free roam from there for me (until I start missions again for the third part of the level).

So that'd be why I enjoy it.

I remember there was a 3rd person shooter game for PS2, where you could make a team of four soldiers, and you had to get through the level, but you could really do it however you wanted to. It was free roam, but with an end-point. I liked that game, too (can't remember the name of it, it was mostly desert based.. i think desert may have been in the name, actually?).

Free roam games are just, in my opinion, generally more fun to play and more enjoyable. Constant instructions or do this, now do that, now go there, congrats you completed the game just doesn't do it for me at all. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Folks, the only reason the trailer was released so early was to build hype for Max Payne 3.

Id say R* twitter followers doubled (if not trippled) when they announced GTA V.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

It was scheduled for an October release though, and got delayed, unfortunately. I think they had RAGE issues or something.

Well I can only speak for myself, but GTA is quite literally the only game I play. I have a copy of WWE SvR 2009 for 360 sitting on the shelf, too, but it was played for a week or two when it first came out and then forgotten about.

For me, I like GTA because there's no real end to the amounts of random stuff you can do, and you don't have to do any of it (a big appeal to me). I never really was too fond of games where you're going through a level at a time and you just have to do X and Y correctly to complete it.

First person shooters bore the pants off me, for example, because it's just the same thing over and over and over again (I realise these games become more popular in online multiplayer these days, but I'm not a big online gamer).

I also hate having to repeat levels or missions because I didn't do something right.

Admittedly, all of this stuff is in GTA too, but I generally view the missions as secondary to the city when I get the games. I usually fly through the first few missions (to unlock the second part of the city) and it's free roam from there for me (until I start missions again for the third part of the level).

So that'd be why I enjoy it.

I remember there was a 3rd person shooter game for PS2, where you could make a team of four soldiers, and you had to get through the level, but you could really do it however you wanted to. It was free roam, but with an end-point. I liked that game, too (can't remember the name of it, it was mostly desert based.. i think desert may have been in the name, actually?).

Free roam games are just, in my opinion, generally more fun to play and more enjoyable. Constant instructions or do this, now do that, now go there, congrats you completed the game just doesn't do it for me at all. :o

Great post thanks...

Was this the game you were talking about? One of my fave games ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement