Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I heard him talking about it, but I think it was in relation to big shot who works on GTA mentioned a release in October on his LinkedIn account.

Fairly sure he said linked in, but I wasn't focused as Tony was claiming that San Andreas was the 3rd installment of the series and Vice City was the 2nd! :eek: Tony obviously starts counting at 3!:pac:

A Rockstar dev put on his CV the games he worked on and the time they released. GTA V was in October. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Anyone else see this from the Gamestop website? Says the release date is the 1/3/2013? Is this like a placeholder date until one is confirmed? Seems strange you can purchase it now with nothing confirmed about it.

e5l0yv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Anyone else see this from the Gamestop website? Says the release date is the 1/3/2013? Is this like a placeholder date until one is confirmed? Seems strange you can purchase it now with nothing confirmed about it.

They've had a "pre-order' sale on the game since about 2 days after it was announced. They had it for release on the 1st of november.
    Seems to be they are pushing the date back further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

A friend of mine was in buying Max Payne in Gamestop and the lads behind the counter said November 2012 release date! Wonder if this is BS and they're just looking for deposits...

Carroller wrote: »
    A friend of mine was in buying Max Payne in Gamestop and the lads behind the counter said November 2012 release date! Wonder if this is BS and they're just looking for deposits...

Was it xtravision/smyths? If so then yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

No, GameStop! He said definitely coming out November but surely theyd release the date to public before telling shops?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

No, GameStop! He said definitely coming out November but surely theyd release the date to public before telling shops?

Retailers find out first, but I'd still take it with a HUGE pinch of salt. Until we see something official from R*, assume everything you hear is just rumour.

I reckon we'll be hearing something pretty soon now. Max Payne is out, so give them maybe 2 more weeks to concentrate on marketing that, then they'll start moving onto this.

It may be longer than 2 weeks, because as has been pointed out already, they don't exactly need to build hype for this game. We're pretty much doing there job for them on fora like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

It wont be coming out that soon. Id say March 2013 at the earliest.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Grove st. will be my first port of call. It has to be in the game, it was the most notorious street in Los Santos. Maybe some nostalgic or sad music could play when you walk around it on foot for the first time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Grove st. will be my first port of call. It has to be in the game, it was the most notorious street in Los Santos. Maybe some nostalgic or sad music could play when you walk around it on foot for the first time.

Will probably be the first place I seek out as well, but they may decide that the street was regenerated or something and there'll just be a huge apartment block or multi-story carpark there. Could lead to an interesting side mission where you meet up with some of the last remaining GSF's living rough around the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If they bring back the option to buy property (you know, a reason to actually have money!) then you have to be able to buy CJ's ma's house. Everyone will make that their first purchase.

Saying that, I wouldnt be surprised to see that whole area all boarded up and abandonded. It wasnt in too good a shape in the mid 90's, if the game is present day it should be worse now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

is it true in a few days they will giving out info regarding main characters in this new GTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

I'd love to visit Grove St. too but it mightn't be possible given that LC in IV was totally different to GTA3. The games are part of two parallel, but totally separate universes. Would be very nostalgic though.

Not sure if this was a theory put forward before, but... is there any slight possibility that the main character could be the son of Cesar and Kendl? He'd be about 19-20 now, so could be an option to have him at least appear in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was a theory put forward before, but... is there any slight possibility that the main character could be the son of Cesar and Kendl? He'd be about 19-20 now, so could be an option to have him at least appear in the game.

He seems to have a much deeper voice than Cesar though and I doubt they would have moved away and he came back, would be fun though but I think they are distancing themselves from that generation.

JUST GIVE US SOME NEWS ROCKSTAR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I hope not. I hated Cesar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Buzzing for this game! Hurry up Rockstar!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It's the only game I'm looking forward to in the near future. Fúck that call of duty shít, a load of repetitive bollocks. Saw the trailer for black ops 2 and almost lost all faith in humanity. GTA is the way forward.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I hope not. I hated Cesar :pac:

you just a pendejo main. Odelay Vato!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

hearing rumours 3 characters returning of new GTA. if its true hope Tommy Vercetti is one of them. Who would everyone else like to see return?

• Advertisement

Rastapitts wrote: »
    hearing rumours 3 characters returning of new GTA. if its true hope Tommy Vercetti is one of them. Who would everyone else like to see return?

Where have you heard these rumors?

In other news, whats not a rumor is that we are near guaranteed the release to be AT THE LATEST April of next year going by recent expected finances for the rest of the fiscal year (which ends in march):
    Take-Two’s financial guidance for the current fiscal, year ending March 31, 2013, implies that Grand Theft Auto V is on schedule to release before next April.

At least it is according to Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter and Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz. The latter posted in a research note:

“Full year FY13 guidance for net revenues of $1.75B-$1.85B and fully diluted EPS of $2.00-$2.25 were also essentially in line with our expectations. Most importantly, the EPS range was relatively unchanged from guidance for EPS “in excess of $2.00 per diluted share” which management first provided on its Q3:F12 call.”

“We believe management could not provide this level of guidance with any degree of confidence if it did not anticipate shipping Grand Theft Auto V during FY13.”

“Take-Two’s announced line up of titles for FY13 was largely unchanged, including continuing to resist announcing a release date for Grand Theft Auto V… We are modelling a ship date for Grand Theft Auto V in the last two weeks of March 2013.”

Pachter appears to strongly agree with Creutz, writing in his own research note:

“Guidance strongly implies the release of Grand Theft Auto V in FY:13. Although management did not provide a release date or window for GTA V, its FY:13 revenue guidance is unattainable without a huge seller from Rockstar.”

“Management disclosed that the FY:13 revenue mix by label is estimated to be 60% Rockstar Games and 40% 2K Games. Rockstar is expected to contribute ≈ $1.1 billion, with ≈ $300 million from Max Payne (including DLC) and ≈ $150 million from catalog. The remaining ≈ $650 million is simply not possible without the release of GTA V well before FY end.”

“Also, we believe that the game’s developers are unlikely to risk delay very far into CY 2013 and face declining current-generation software sales in the face of the potential introduction of next-generation consoles that year or the next.”

The popular consensus at the moment is that GTA V will release at some point towards the end of this year, somewhere around October. Based on these figures it’s hard to dispute that fact, there’s an awful lot of expected income unaccounted for. October seems the most realistic window for release, especially for it to hit these sorts of sales figures, also with Bioshock being delayed Rockstar now has a clear run.

I'd say, going by those words we are going to get an expected date in an official sense soon. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I hope they don't rush it out for the sake of profit.

Apparently the Max Payne 3 Xbox 360 disc contains a partial vehicle list from GTA V (according to a thread on GTA Forums, Rockstar tend to leave game information on other games discs when they're working on stuff at the same time or such).

It's too much for my simpleton head to fully appreciate, but it seems legit.

A fair few snow vehicles get mentioned

Thread here;

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=510202&st=0

Post with (partial) vehicle list here;

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=510202&view=findpost&p=1061304328

Edit: From reading more of the above linked-to thread, apparently cars parked on the street in Max Payne look a lot like GTA IV cars, but just a bit updated, and react the same way when shot at, so that certainly adds weight to these being GTA V vehicles (if true - I haven't played, nor do I intend to play, MP3).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Apparently the Max Payne 3 Xbox 360 disc contains a partial vehicle list from GTA V (according to a thread on GTA Forums, Rockstar tend to leave game information on other games discs when they're working on stuff at the same time or such).

It's too much for my simpleton head to fully appreciate, but it seems legit.

A fair few snow vehicles get mentioned

Thread here;

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=510202&st=0

Post with (partial) vehicle list here;

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=510202&view=findpost&p=1061304328

Edit: From reading more of the above linked-to thread, apparently cars parked on the street in Max Payne look a lot like GTA IV cars, but just a bit updated, and react the same way when shot at, so that certainly adds weight to these being GTA V vehicles (if true - I haven't played, nor do I intend to play, MP3).

Train!!!!

Oh yes :D

*edit* there's also an autogyro on that list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

aaronh007 wrote: »
    *edit* there's also an autogyro on that list :D

oh i hope so!, did you see extreme drug smuggling last week on discovery where they showed a guy flying a gyrocopter over the us border and dropped a big package of weed then flew back over the fence to mexico, i wanna do those missions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I hope that the talk radios are good

But surprised to see the
    skimobile
    and the likes, alright.
    Is there anywhere in southern cali that has that kind of terrain?

CMpunked wrote: »
    But surprised to see the
    skimobile
    and the likes, alright.

Maybe used in the sands of the Nevada desert ;)

I really have to give up hope of it being the whole of San Andreas :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

But surprised to see the
    skimobile
    and the likes, alright.

Quick google..

http://www.californiaskiresorts.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

But surprised to see the
    skimobile
    and the likes, alright.
    Up the mountains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement