Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Well these shows are generally aimed at children, so I don't see why there should be a massive difference in price. Like I said, £10 has been the standard price in the UK since the WoS days, so €10 would actually be slightly cheaper than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 L69er

12 Euro adult ticket to CCW show and ten for kids, FECKIN promoter must be having a joke.
    To answer your queries Production Head & Monty Rebel. CCW has no affiliation with the defunct DCW. And have been quiet clear from the start about that both on boards and on our facebook page. We are aware of a fake Ger Murphy page on facebook at the moment posing as the runner of CCW. If you have been added by this page with the ccw logo on it we encourage you to report it as it is someone falsifying Ger Murphy's identity and our brand.
    To answer your query on the debut shows pricing , similarly to NLW in order to give the audience the most professional vibe and pro wrestling feel we have booked a relatively expensive venue which caters for the image we want to provide the fans with. Like NLW suggested also better sound, lighting etc I believe taking this into account 12 euro is not a big ask.
    Finally in relation to where our shows will be when we decided to set up CCW, it was to fill the gap for the lack of pro wrestling in the South. So initially shows will be Cork based, with Waterford, Limerick and Kerry also to follow. If people are interested in coming bus trips can be organised. If anyone has any questions or queries in relation to CCW please feel free to mail our facebook page. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Fair play mate, you're the first new company that I've seen sprout up (at least in the South, not that familiar with the Northern scene) recently that fills an actual gap in the market by targeting the location you're aiming for.

There's a massive pro-wrestling following down there, we used to consistently pack The Forum in Waterford with Irish Whip every few weeks back in the Whiplash days. Good luck to you and I wish you well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 User name 2011

Dont go if ye cant cough up twelve quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

"Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow will defend the NLW Championship against "Lord of the Manor" Sir Paul Tracey at Bank Holiday Beatdown, Monday May 7th.

526681_397519286946664_167386333293295_1307370_783912133_n.jpg

• Advertisement

2nd Match confirmed for Monday's show in Naas, Co. Kildare:
    Nass' own Shawn Maxer faces off against "Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey

404468_330598423638751_167386333293295_1124380_1751262219_n.jpg
    Robbie Morrissey at the last Naas show

402655_330597423638851_167386333293295_1124364_1164820012_n.jpg
    Shawn Maxer at the last Naas show

Anyone know what happened at msw last saturday didn go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Anyone know what happened at msw last saturday didn go :(

What do u mean didn't go? I went the show was good enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

mtjm wrote: »
    What do u mean didn't go? I went the show was good enjoyed it

I assume he means he didn't go...?

Ye i didn go wat happened ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

There was a few good matches the battle royal was good, Good to see Irish Dragon back but not happy to see him losing out at the battle Royal, was speaking to a guy Kennedy or something anyway he was telling me he was great at the other promotion company but isn't getting pushed much, other than that enjoyable night, just shame they had to use spot lights as the hall/venue lights didn't seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

I went to it myself

Standard Irish independent wrestling with the usual mistakes (a personal one being it clashed with the Liverpool match)

They need a new/bigger ring, lose ropes lead to mistakes and the canvas sounded like a pillow

Most matches played it safe and covered most of the styles you would expect to see

Few familiar faces on the card and @ the show (shame vic viper didn’t wrestle)

I’ve seen better and I’ve seen worse, but for a tenner the casual fan would be kept more than happy

Pictures I took
    https://plus.google.com/photos/117994264212038034728/albums/5738639905799687425?authkey=CM2m8d39hpb5TQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jeffk wrote: »

Looked like a tiny crowd at that show and I find MSW events to generally be the most populated out of all the Irish shows, how many people were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Charisteas wrote: »
    Looked like a tiny crowd at that show and I find MSW events to generally be the most populated out of all the Irish shows, how many people were there?

Im guessing 50 or so , as I said Liverpool where playing so a lot of Daddys and little Johnnys would be watching that.

MSW did promote it with flyers around the doors and the usual shop window posters etc to their credit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc75oyteDHw&feature=youtu.be

Highlights of Paddy Morrow winning the NLW title last January in Naas, Kildare.
    This Monday, Paddy defends the title in the same venue against Sir Paul Tracey.

Matches confirmed for Bank Holiday Beatdown tomorrow, 7th May:

NLW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow Vs. "Lord of the Manor" Sir Paul Tracey

NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH FOR THE IRISH TAG TEAM TITLES:
    Team MEGA Vs. Team Epic

Shawn Maxer Vs. "Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey

Dunkan Disorderly & Bonesaw Vs. All Star Alliance (Anthony Idol & Tucker)

Also in action:
    JORDAN DEVLIN
    PHILLY THE KID
    OMEN
    PIERRE
    And Many More!

546735_369910243040902_167386333293295_1228710_1459962400_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JohnWaxOff

Charisteas wrote: »
    jeffk wrote: »
    Im guessing 50 or so , as I said Liverpool where playing so a lot of Daddys and little Johnnys would be watching that.

MSW did promote it with flyers around the doors and the usual shop window posters etc to their credit

Looks like there is hardly anyone there!
    Bloody terrible. Why can't wrestling draw better in this country? Even just 200 people. Its not alot. Nothing compared to WWE. Sure cant the o2 arena hold 10,000 people or something? And WWE sell that out. 200 people would only be 2% of 10,000. And Irish indys cant even get that?

The messed up thing is that irish indys try. Flyers around doors... shop flyers etc. I remember going to a few IWW shows in 2005 & 2006. Wasnt unusual to see 100+ crowd. What happened like?

NLW Bank Holiday Beatdown results
    Monday 7th May 2012
    Moat Theatre, Naas
    Att: 200 (Sell Out)

A face-2-face interview with NLW Champion "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow and "Lord of the Manor" Sir Paul Tracey ended in turmoil when both men began to brawl around the ring. Referees and wrestlers had to break the two apart. Morrow and Tracey would later face off for the title in the main event.

In a 6 Man Tag, Philly The Kid, Sammy D & Jordan Devlin defeated Rough Stuff & Pierre Marcaue.

OMEN pinned 'The Housewives Favourite' Darragh O'Donnell.

"Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey beat Shawn Maxer

Team MEGA defeated Team Epic in a No Holds Barred Match to retain the Irish Tag Team Titles. The match saw the use of steel chairs, a table and many other weapons.

"Delicious" Dunkan Disorderly & Bonesaw defeated "All Star" Anthony Idol & Tucker.

"Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow defeated "Lord of the Manor" Sir Paul Tracey in a 20 minute showdown for Morrow's NLW Title. The two brawled all around the Moat Theatre, resulting in Tracey falling down the stairs at one point and Morrow allowing fans in attendance to chop Tracey's chest.
    Morrow got the 3 count on Tracey after a Swanton Bomb.

35524_383518478357289_100000974195028_1105099_1177466418_n.jpg

546751_383530908356046_100000974195028_1105357_355497745_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW returned to Letterkenny this past weekend. At the show The Supermodel & Soultaker Salem destroyed their opponents TJ Meehan & Hometown Hero Stevie Cambo with chairs after two questionable victories leaving the tag team main event in doubt however TJ & Stevie not only competed but won the tag team war after a facebuster on a chair to Soultaker Salem!

Letterkenny

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against The Galway Grappler

Soultaker Salem defeated Stevie Cambo with a low blow behind the referees back

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship againt TJ Meehan after interference from Soultaker Salem

TJ Meehan & Stevie Cambo overcame Soultaker Salem & The Supermodel pinning Soultaker Salem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DCWINFO

DCW is set for a return with a weekend of shows coming this June. For more details check out our Facebook page www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=845350190&ref=tn_tnmn#!/DCWReBirth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

DCWINFO wrote: »
    DCW is set for a return with a weekend of shows coming this June. For more details check out our Facebook page www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=845350190&ref=tn_tnmn#!/DCWReBirth

I heard the main event is the 2 promoters against each other in a wrench on a pole match, seriously why is DCW coming back?. Its an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

Lee Lightning Makes his Switzerland Debute, 26th May 2012
    Unfortunately this means Lee Lightning will not be appearing on MSW's next event in Fibber's which is set to be an amazing night for wrestling,
    but you can catch him with his tag team partner Thunder Titan on Main Stage Wrestling's's live event in Good Council GAA hall when they Challenge the HotShots for the MSW Tag Team Titles.
    More info coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW returned to action this past weekend with two shows in Tipperary. Soultaker Salem won a #1 contenders match against TJ Meehan after interference from the Galway Grappler. However TJ got his revenge & regained the #1 contenders spot by pinning the Soultaker in a No DQ tag match.

Tipperary

Captain Rooney overcame The Galway Grappler

Stevie Campbo beat Justin Slammen

Soultaker Salem pinned TJ Meehan in a #1 contenders match after interference

TJ Meehan & Stevie Campbo rolled over Salem Soultaker & Galway Grappler in a no DQ Tag Match

Tipperary

Walter Alexander beat The Galway Grappler

Tat2Charlie overcame Justin Slammen

Soultaker Salem pinned TJ Meehan in a #1 contenders match after interference

Walter Alexander & TJ Meehan beat The Galway Grappler & Soultaker Salem in a no DQ Tag Match

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ive been following Bam Katraz's blog:

http://bamkatraz.blogspot.com

2618945524_small_1.jpg

Very interesting stuff on peak IWW, DCW!!!!, himself, Blake Norton, Sheamus, Simon Rochford etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

rovert wrote: »
    Ive been following Bam Katraz's blog:

http://bamkatraz.blogspot.com

Very interesting stuff on peak IWW, DCW!!!!, himself, Blake Norton, Sheamus, Simon Rochford etc.

Cracking read, thanks for linking it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Cracking read, thanks for linking it.

Cheers.

If it was just standard bitter Wrestler bitching I wouldn't have posted it. But Bam is as harsh on himself as he is on other people so for me at least that establishes at some level creditability. He also looks at situations from the other person's POV in a lot of the stories too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That's really well written and makes a great read. It's a funny ol' business, even at the local level.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Nah would have loved to have gone but am way too much of a Eurovision junkie! :o How did it go anyway? Would love to see far more of these over 18 events. It's high time the Irish scene started getting the finger out and trying to cultivate a more mature audience the likes of which you get in countries like Germany, Canada and the States. It just takes a bit of imagination and clever marketing. Well done for this initiative lads and for others that have been put on in recent years! Now get your asses down the South East here one of these days and target WIT and places like that for starters. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Getting the finger out? Fight Factory have done over 18 shows to sold out crowds and will hopefully be doing more, them and MSW are trying to cater for the mature audience

Advertisement