Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Right, that's quite enough of that essay! 200 words left, I'll manage to fill that with jibberish later. Time to go off galavanting for the evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I asked one of the pregnant girls really loudly if she would like my seat, even though we are supposed to be in different waiting areas.

It didn't prompt any of the men to move though, so now I'm standing too lol but obviously I don't mind.

I wish I had more ladyballs to say something directly to the men but they're so ignorant it might be wasted on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I can't wear New Look shoes at all, find them so uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Polloloca wrote: »
    I asked one of the pregnant girls really loudly if she would like my seat, even though we are supposed to be in different waiting areas.

It didn't prompt any of the men to move though, so now I'm standing too lol but obviously I don't mind.

I wish I had more ladyballs to say something directly to the men but they're so ignorant it might be wasted on them.

What drives me mad, too, is that the women don't say anything to their partners, in those situations (and I've seen it in hospitals quite a few times.)

Even if the man is too thick to cop on, you'd think his partner would have enough empathy with the other women to tell him to get up off his lazy ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

McChubbin wrote: »
    I got books in the post today: Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed. *dances* Not available in Europe!

How come this isn't available in Europe? I'm in the north and it's everywhere. Bought my copy in tescos.

(just about to start the third book woohoo!!!)

And yes, Christian grey made me smile today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

javagal wrote: »
    I cannot process the fact I'll be someone's mam in 6 weeks.
    Thank god for the lovely ladies of the pregnant forum or i would of pulled out my hair by now.

2 weeks ago I would have said the same, I couldnt imagine being a mammy, yet now, 10 days in, and I cant imagine not being one. Yesterday evening baby Oreo was asleep for a whopping 4 hrs and although he was right beside me in his little basket, I missed him and could not wait for him to wake up.

I got the baby crazies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i love our tll baby names :D:D:D

baby oreo hehe

Neyite wrote: »
    2 weeks ago I would have said the same, I couldnt imagine being a mammy, yet now, 10 days in, and I cant imagine not being one. Yesterday evening baby Oreo was asleep for a whopping 4 hrs and although he was right beside me in his little basket, I missed him and could not wait for him to wake up.

I got the baby crazies.

That's when you need to do what Marge did and poke him til he wakes up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Got contacted about doing some contract time writing articles for a beauty/health website, could be fun so I might look into it :)

It such a lovely day and I'm stuck here for the day.. booo I want to go walking with my doggies and get an icecream :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Acoshla wrote: »
    That's when you need to do what Marge did and poke him til he wakes up :)

Though be sure not to annoy the baby, they can be quite threatening:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've a date tonight with a lovely lass and I'm 90% sure I've just been booked in to DJ a 21st in July. Boo yah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just thought I'd throw up a photo in the Know Your Loungers thread. I've decided to photograph myself every 4 weeks to see if there's any improvement.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78834563&postcount=2904 This is a picture a week and a half into my diet. I assure you all, I am in fact a woman. -___-
    In other news, just finished Fifty Shades Darker. I itche to start the 3rd book but I think I'll wait and go back to reading What Satan Did Next on my Kindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

girl2 wrote: »
    How come this isn't available in Europe? I'm in the north and it's everywhere. Bought my copy in tescos.

(just about to start the third book woohoo!!!)

And yes, Christian grey made me bite my lip today ;)

FYP :D tehehe

OOooh, Mr Grey! *swoon* Who do you think would be best suited to plaing him in the movie? I vote Micheal Fassbender. Mmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Roll on 5pm so I can go for a walk in this fabulous sunshine and then pilates. Hope its lovely weather for the weekend too, might fire up the BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Polloloca wrote: »

such a lovely gesture - they would have probably ignored you if you said something to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Just thought I'd throw up a photo in the Know Your Loungers thread. I've decided to photograph myself every 4 weeks to see if there's any improvement.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78834563&postcount=2904 This is a picture a week and a half into my diet. I assure you all, I am in fact a woman. -___-

Good on ya. BTW, you can get free image resizing software either at the Gimp for a graphical program or at ImageMagick for a command-line program...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

OOooh, Mr Grey! *swoon* Who do you think would be best suited to plaing him in the movie? I vote Micheal Fassbender. Mmmmmm.

Colin Egglesfield :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm so glad to be finished. I'm having the loveliest day off:D

Mmmm, Mattius Rose and a nice piece of cod for dinner. Gonna finish my glass, load some songs onto my MP3 player and go for a nice long walk in the sunshine with the baby*.

*= My dog.

• Advertisement

Mmmm, Mattius Rose and a nice piece of cod for dinner. Gonna finish my glass, load some songs onto my MP3 player and go for a nice long walk in the sunshine with the baby*.

*= My dog.

I don't want to cook dinner and don't want to take the dog for a walk, even though I would love to be out in the sunshine, but I am so shockingly lazy, I'm annoying myself being so lazy but can't shake it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Boys who are idiot douches when they're around their friends suck. Especially when you've been talking to them for weeks and when you're texting, or its just you and them they're lovely and dotey. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

It's such a gorgeous day, I wish there were a little more to do around where I live that doesn't involve costing me money.

If it's the same tomorrow I'm gonna go for a walk.

It's such a gorgeous day, I wish there were a little more to do around where I live that doesn't involve costing me money.

If it's the same tomorrow I'm gonna go for a walk.

There's nothing to do around here either free or costing money! Why did I move here again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    There's nothing to do around here either free or costing money! Why did I move here again lol

Sit outside and read? Being lazy and doing something all at once ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I'd love to sit out on my balcony but there's a shop beneath my apartment complex and the alarm has been going off for hours. It's so loud.

Sit outside and read? Being lazy and doing something all at once ;)

Yeah I mean like in the town/area in general :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

someone drag my ass off my bed, shove weights in my hands and make me lift them please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Double zumba class tonight. Yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Kiera wrote: »
    Double zumba class tonight. Yay :)

I feel knackered just reading that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement