Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Novella wrote: »
    We think our friend is missing. No one has seen or heard from him since Saturday night when he wandered off on his own, drunk. He didn't show up for work today and his phone has been off since. :( I hope nothing has happened to him and that he's just decided to take a little time to himself.

Novella I hope your friend is okay. Has someone checked his house or talked to family etc. yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I have to ask people (academic people!) to be referees on my post grad application. "um, hi, I was in your class and you gave me good grades plz plz vouch for me if they ring you, kthxbye".

One got, awaiting reply from another :eek:

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

We think our friend is missing. No one has seen or heard from him since Saturday night when he wandered off on his own, drunk. He didn't show up for work today and his phone has been off since. :( I hope nothing has happened to him and that he's just decided to take a little time to himself.

Hope you are ok. It's a horrible feeling. Has anyone reported him missing/ talked to his family?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Lola92 wrote: »
    Novella I hope your friend is okay. Has someone checked his house or talked to family etc. yet?

Yeah, his family haven't seen him either. He hasn't been home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Oh God, Novella. Hope your friend turns up soon. Sometimes people take off for a while and don't realise how worried others might be about them.

Edit: if he was drunk the last time he was seen, perhaps check with some hospitals? He may have had a mishap on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Hope that your friend is okay Novella. Second what Faux said, about checking hospitals.

Today is a good day. :) Good times.

Oh god, Novella, that must be terrifying. Hopefully he'll come home soon. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help spread the word... pictures or whatever so we can keep an eye out for him.

*hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

20 days to an Easter egg, Easter egg, Easter egg. 20 days to an Easter egg, early in the morning :)

(Giddy!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Thanks for the kind words :) It's going to be a bit funny starting college now when most of my class mates are going into their final years :rolleyes: I don't mind though I'm delighted how things are working out right now.

I think if I had went into college after school I would have more than likely dropped out, now that my head is good and lifes not messy I'm more than determined. I'm sick to the teeth of the remarks from people about my education like it's their business what path I take towards it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Bulletproof coffee is good! and I'm getting into answering these questions now. I'm finally awake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Sorry to hear about your aunt Mars Bar, and I hope your friend turns up soon Novella. Thinking of you both x

Congrats to Physiology and Albection on finishing exams! Bet you're both delighted! And well done Lola on getting the job, and Oakey Dokey for getting your course! Quite a few happies today :)

Get to see my friend and her baby again tomorrow for a walk. I hope she's coping okay, I think the summer will be tough for her as her friends are living it up while she's looking after a baby she never expected. She loves the baby but I still can't imagine how hard this must be for her.
    Don't wanna work tonight :(

Oh, happy birthday Teletext Pear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hi all, hope everyone had a good weekend. I was in Galway for a few days for my birthday, went to this place yesterday and got to hold an eagle on my arm and feed it a chicken's head! It was possibly the coolest thing I've ever done. :D I'm now unnaturally depressed about the thought of being back in work tomorrow, boo!
    Happy Birthday, hope you have a fab day :_
    Lola92 wrote: »
    I JUST GOT A JOB OFFER!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Full-time starting Wednesday for the summer, from the interview I was full sure I messed up bad. So delighted!! :)
    Congratulations, hope all goes well with your new job, good luck. :)
    OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Got accepted into the degree program I've been wanting to do. Now I have to decided whether I'm going to be studying part time or full time. I'm happy that I'm finally taking this step :):)
    Congratulations, hope all goes well with college, good luck :)
    So sorry to read this Novella.

My dad went missing for a couple of hours a few months ago, and those few hours were absolute torture when the police, his family/friends etc were all looking for him, so I can kind of understand how you feel right now. Luckily my dad was found, and although he spent some time in hospital, the relief we all felt when he was found was immense. Just knowing that he had been found, was a huge relief.

If you want you can PM me at any time, if you just want to chat, rant etc. I really hope your friend turns up soon and he is safe and well.

*hugs*

I haz now acquired the go-ahead from both referrees. That was much easier than I thought it would be! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Did my turbo outside in a string top this morning then went for a run. Sun burn on both shoulders. At least I have proof of our 4 hours of summer. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Someone is using my ovaries as stress balls again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Last exam tomorrow. Sick with nerves:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Kiera wrote: »
    Sorry. :o

Lucyfur wrote: »

It'll be fine! Almost there! :)

Sorry. :o

You again! Leave them alone, PR :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Lucyfur wrote: »
    You will do excellently and celebrate with champagne and handlebar moustaches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did my turbo outside in a string top this morning then went for a run. Sun burn on both shoulders. At least I have proof of our 4 hours of summer. :cool:

whats a turbo?
    Kiera wrote: »

Sorry about that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

whats a turbo?

Turns your outdoor bike into a stationary bike for specific workouts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfmAYlHotkA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cool !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

got my green belt yokey
    Dear Amy
    We held our HETAC Examination Board Meeting last Friday. For this course, the result is Pass/Fail and we are delighted to confirm that we have submitted a ‘PASS’ result for you to HETAC. Congratulations on your achievement!

We are scheduled to receive HETAC parchments from HETAC around the end of August / beginning of September 2012. The exact title of your award will be 'Certificate in Process Engineering'. This is the official HETAC title for your course. Immediately upon receipt, we will post your parchment to your place of work by registered post.

If you need formal confirmation of your achievement from us in advance of receiving your HETAC parchment, please email me.

:cool::cool::cool:

Mmmmmmmm Thai green curry, get in ma belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Ok girls need some input!
    Recently single, very heartbroken, so... Instead of wallowing in my self pity i wanna start a project! Just for myself! Im already starting a new gym as my ex goes to our old one but that's going to be an on going thing anyway.
    Im just looking for something to keep me busy with an end goal to work towards! Any ideas or suggestions would be great!
    Im already doing a course so something fun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

branbee wrote: »
    Ok girls need some input!
    Recently single, very heartbroken, so... Instead of wallowing in my self pity i wanna start a project! Just for myself! Im already starting a new gym as my ex goes to our old one but that's going to be an on going thing anyway.
    Im just looking for something to keep me busy with an end goal to work towards! Any ideas or suggestions would be great!
    Im already doing a course so something fun!

i'm doing cello lessons, singing lessons, german course, and studying for professional quals
    take your pick :D

(they are actually fun, i promise, in fits laughing so often at german class)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm starting Spanish classes soon, I can't wait:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Are the singing lessons for people who can already sing and want to improve?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement