Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

branbee wrote: »
    Are the singing lessons for people who can already sing and want to improve?

no, i was a beginner

oh, unless you meant s/the/there/ in which case yes, of course :)
    you can do grades or something and start off on whichever is most apt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm starting Spanish classes soon, I can't wait:D
    Oh I'd love to do Spanish lessons. Don't think there are any out my way tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

bluewolf wrote: »
    Are the singing lessons for people who can already sing and want to improve?

no, i was a beginner

oh, unless you meant s/the/there/ I
    n which case yes, of course :)

Oh no id be an absolute beginner! With little hope of improvement but it would be quite the challenge if i started classes!
    Do you reckon you need some talent?!
    I love the film elf where he says anyone can sing! But i don't know if that is true!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

no, i was a beginner

oh, unless you meant s/the/there/ in which case yes, of course :)

How are those going btw? I'd love to be able to sing but my voice is poopy. Plus my range is very limited (about a 9-10th :( ). Do you bother with exams for singing or do you just go for funsies instead?

I'm starting Spanish classes soon, I can't wait:D

Can you roll your Rs?
    I could never do it so stuck to French!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh no id be an absolute beginner! With little hope of improvement but it would be quite the challenge if i started classes!
    Do you reckon you need some talent?!
    I love the film elf where he says anyone can sing! But i don't know if that is true!

ah yeah sure i was an absolute beginner
    i've loads of general musical training though so i got to skip ahead a bit
    go and give it a go
    unless you're utterly tone deaf i'm sure you'll be grand :D

Can you roll your Rs?

my singing teacher has been at me for the last year to learn them
    AND NOW I CAN
    out of the blue one day :D
    you have to do the back of the throat kind of roll in french though
    if you can do that you can move it toward the tip of your tongue

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Kiera wrote: »

Look up the couchsurfing website! You can arrange to meet up with travellers from any country, some of whom may be spanish and looking for a few bob while they're seeing Ireland :)

Can you roll your Rs?

my singing teacher has been at me for the last year to learn them
    AND NOW I CAN
    out of the blue one day :D
    you have to do the back of the throat kind of roll in french though
    if you can do that you can move it toward the tip of your tongue

I just kinda hack a bit for that! Lol!
    But its encouraging to know you can learn to do it! Maybe i should practice!

Oh yeah there's loads of techniques and exercises and mad stuff i never used to know existed
    trust me, they don't just open their mouths and magically sound wonderful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My Auntie is an arsehole! I ran into her today, she was bearable until she goes "Oh Rosin (my cousin, not her actual name in case she is on boards) is heading to Mallorca with the boyfriend isnt that nice. He is treating her for her birthday....I see you're still single....so im guessing no suprise get aways for you're 21st then??" And then she just laughs it off as a joke! :mad:

Oh piss off ya mangey auld cow! It is none of her business whether or not im single. No need to make me feel bad about myself. I dont need a boyfriend to define myself. And im sorry but i could do so much better than that creep she goes out with!

She is after putting me in a bad humour!

On the plus side i have first aid all this week!! That should be good!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah there's loads of techniques and exercises and mad stuff i never used to know existed
    trust me, they don't just open their mouths and magically sound wonderful

i heard that if a child doesn't use certain language techniques (??for want of a better word!) by a certain age, like rolling their tongue, that they lose the ability!
    its why so many Irish kids can't do it coz they've no need to in everyday speech.

i heard that if a child doesn't use certain language techniques (??for want of a better word!) by a certain age, like rolling their tongue, that they lose the ability!
    its why so many Irish kids can't do it coz they've no need to in everyday speech.

well i just learned it there as did a friend so that can't be true
    it's just an acquired thing
    kids learn a lot of stuff more quickly when they're young since they're little sponges but it doesn't make it impossible

My Auntie is an arsehole! I ran into her today, she was bearable until she goes "Oh Rosin (my cousin, not her actual name in case she is on boards) is heading to Mallorca with the boyfriend isnt that nice. He is treating her for her birthday....I see you're still single....so im guessing no suprise get aways for you're 21st then??" And then she just laughs it off as a joke! :mad:

Oh piss off ya mangey auld cow! It is none of her business whether or not im single. No need to make me feel bad about myself. I need a boyfriend to define myself. And im sorry but i could do so much better than that creep she goes out with!

She is after putting me in a bad humour!

On the plus side i have first aid all this week!! That should be good!
    "who's taking you away any time soon on holidays auntie?"
    "well auntie i don't date men for their money so you're right..."

giggle

Yeah its good to know!
    And if you hadn't have told me i would have lived my life believing i could never do it!
    Perhaps this will be my project!

Yeah its good to know!
    And if you hadn't have told me i would have lived my life believing i could never do it!

start off on the french back of the throat gargle
    once you do that you'll be able to do the trill more easily

Yeah its good to know!

start off on the french back of the throat gargle
    once you do that you'll be able to do the trill more easily
    is that the proper name for it?
    You really do learn something new every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

We're getting married in Spain next year and I think it's only right that we have the manners to learn the language:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm getting really close to my ideal weight, it's fantastic :D

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm getting really close to my ideal weight, it's fantastic :D

I'm getting really close to resembling a hippo. It's not fantastic:( Can. Not. WAIT to get back to the gym. Also, study makes me think I need ALL the food:(

We're getting married in Spain next year and I think it's only right that we have the manners to learn the language:)
    Where in Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I'm way behind on all the news today, but well done to all the people finished exams/starting new courses/getting jobs!

Novella, I hope your friend turns up, it must be awfully worrying. Hopefully he'll be home safe and sound soon.

Another exam down, one more to go...feels like it'll never be over though. I actually really need the time to study - the next one's not til Friday - but just want to get it over with.

Oh, and happy birthday TeletextPear!

• Advertisement

Where in Spain?

Marbella. El Encarnacion followed by El Fuerte

Where in Spain?

Marbella. El Encarnacion followed by El Fuerte
    I love Marbella, my bro has a place over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I'm getting really close to resembling a hippo. It's not fantastic:( Can. Not. WAIT to get back to the gym. Also, study makes me think I need ALL the food:(

I'm sorry, but I lol'd. And I hear ya, just finished a bar of galaxy - haven't seen a vegetable in weeks...

I'm sorry, but I lol'd. And I hear ya, just finished a bar of galaxy - haven't seen a vegetable in weeks...

Yeah, I LOL'd when I tried to get my jeans on this morning. If I was going for the gangster look, they'd be perfect. Couldn't get the fupping things up over my knees:rolleyes:

Oh I'm sure it's not that bad, and you'll manage to work it off again ;)

also, one of the main things that helped me lose that bit of extra weight this year was cutting out dairy and bread, so hopefully that'll help you? ;)

I love Marbella, my bro has a place over there.

It's stunning:) Can't wait to go back:D

Oh I'm sure it's not that bad, and you'll manage to work it off again ;)

also, one of the main things that helped me lose that bit of extra weight this year was cutting out dairy and bread, so hopefully that'll help you? ;)

I eat very little dairy, just a tiny drop of skimmed milk in tea...no bread at all, no gluten/wheat/yeast. I just eat waaaay too much of all the other foods:)

I eat very little dairy, just a tiny drop of skimmed milk in tea...no bread at all, no gluten/wheat/yeast. I just eat waaaay too much of all the other foods:)

Ah :) well, tell me to shut up if I'm telling you everything you already know/tried, 'cos I don't wanna be condescending.

but yeah, I do love food. a lot. nothing is better than a really good meal, and now that I'm doing a hell of a lot more cooking than I used to, I'm just enjoying it loads, so I'm enjoying food more. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

You can't beat a good home cooked meal.

I had a Chinese a few weeks ago, first time in about a month and it wasn't half as nice as I was expecting, I couldn't wait to have a home-cooked meal tbh.

Nothing beats home made stuff IMO.

• Advertisement

Ah :) well, tell me to shut up if I'm telling you everything you already know/tried, 'cos I don't wanna be condescending.

but yeah, I do love food. a lot. nothing is better than a really good meal, and now that I'm doing a hell of a lot more cooking than I used to, I'm just enjoying it loads, so I'm enjoying food more. :D

Don't be daft!!

Ah, I have always had a love/hate relationship with food. I need to get it sorted, sooner rather than later:)

Rejoining the gym as my post exam treat tomorrow. So super excited about it. I feel great when I exercise:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement