Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Lost all my gear in the military airfield north of Cherno :(

Had an epic fight with 30+ zeds on the stairwell of the control tower and climbed on the roof to celebrate - shot instantly by a group of surviors.

Had a AK74 w/ Kobra + 4 mags, revolver and 2 clips, M1911 + 2 mags, Remmington 870 w/ 20 cartridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Not many friendlies on tonight! Found a hunting knife and, matches and bino's and got shot in the back while arranging me gear. Although I have a wheel now, what else do ya need to repair a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Thanks to my mumble friends on US4 for our sheep on the campfire followed by nighttime stroll in woods :D
    Sorry for getting lost alot.... i blame it on the heavy backpack slowing me down!

Coming onto Day 9 and still on life No.1 :)

Apparently the next update (1.5.8) is being released tomorrow (sunday)
    Timing of Patch 1.5.8
    I'm still working on it.

Unfortunately, the lull in peak time never happened. And I had forecast that the usual lull would be started now. That isn't happening. So we will try and figure out a way to roll out the patch but it is complicated.

There are so many people playing (over 6500) that if we auto-update the servers the reconnect load caused by everyone coming back on within the same period could, well, crash everything. We don't know if it is possible to handle such load, and I don't really want to try.

So we're coming up with another plan. But it will be within the next six hours assuming that testing has gone okay.
    Patch 1.5.8 delayed because I'm still at work, its 3:30am, and I need to sleep. Sorry guys, out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

He's really putting in the hours lately. Fair play to him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

He's really putting in the hours lately. Fair play to him.

Do we know what's in the patch?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/

this is what I need before I dl the mod, right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/

this is what I need before I dl the mod, right?

Yes that's the one.

excellent

although I feel like a hypocrite for complaining so much about stalker being cancelled to make a mmofps... and then downloading an mmofps mod because it reminds me so much of stalker...

Ponster wrote: »
    Do we know what's in the patch?

avatar_131.jpg?dateline=1335224158 jordNZ buddy_offline.gif
    DayZ Moderator
    mod.png Posts: 128
    Reputation: 11 RE: Timing of Patch 1.5.8 I'd love to see an early changelog too, however it may get people too excited, thus making it harder to roll out the patch due to a new peak of numbers, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm currently on the EU9 server atm at the north hospital in Cherno guarding alot of hospital supplies if anyone is around

• Advertisement

I'v logged out but Ill be on later if anyone is near Cherno and needs med supplies Ill be at the hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Man I really lost my mojo, I keep getting killed stupidly within a day. Few dumb Zed swarms over a can of beans or shot in head from behind.
    I realize its possible to love and hate a game simultaneously now...

That last patch made solo play _alot_ more difficult. Its a new game even in a pair. There was word of a tweak to the spawns in this coming patch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Had 3 games last night and was killed each time by bandits.

Out of curiosity, how do you heal other people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

That last patch made solo play _alot_ more difficult. Its a new game even in a pair. There was word of a tweak to the spawns in this coming patch too.

Originally I did find it trickier though I now know the Zeds range so can easily enough navigate around them even in their massive numbers and I also feel you can cover more of the map quicker on your own. I've traveled over quite a bit of the map on this patch (including through Cherno + Electro) and have only really come close to dying once (and that was due to a bug!). In a group of say 2-3 its easier to take say a town but on your own you'll need to stick to barns and outer farmhouses.

You need to have the item in your current backpack (bandage, painkillers, morphine, epi-pen, bloodback) and use the mouse-wheel when your selecting the person to bring up the context menu to select what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

As far as I know to heal other people properly you need blood packs/medical supplies. If you have them in your inventory you just walk over to them, scroll with the mouse wheel and you should see an option to heal alongside the options you have to eat/drink.

At least that's how I remember it from Arma 2 - I haven't had the chance to heal anybody in this mod yet.

This should also work for bandaging others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

i can launch Arma 2 and arrowhead without any problems but when i try to launch combined operations to play dayz i get some kind of a dos screen that opens and closes so fast i can't read it, i'm getting this error on dayz when i only launch arrowhead cause i'm not running CO You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted I've verified both games and are fine

the error pops up so fast it's not readable but i tried to take a screenshot of it here http://i.imgur.com/VLhwx.jpg

Any help would be great thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

none of the launchers seems to be working for me, and steam didnt display a 'launch combined operations' dialog when I started it there, so I created the following shortcut, which does the trick for me:

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@dayz" -nosplash -winxp

maybe it'll help someone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

GarethBah wrote: »
    i can launch Arma 2 and arrowhead without any problems but when i try to launch combined operations to play dayz i get some kind of a dos screen that opens and closes so fast i can't read it, i'm getting this error on dayz when i only launch arrowhead cause i'm not running CO You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted I've verified both games and are fine

the error pops up so fast it's not readable but i tried to take a screenshot of it here http://i.imgur.com/VLhwx.jpg

Any help would be great thanks,

That dos screen comes up whenever I launch but I can get into the game.

Try this.
    Amend the launch properties of Operation Arrowhead through Steam game properties and paste the following in:

-nosplash -world=empty -mod=@dayz

If a box pops up when u lauch game asking what you want to launch make sure is 'Combined Operations' or this will not work!

When Arma launches you should see @dayz written in the top RHS of your arma options menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Nope still getting the same error :(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Try this link Gareth, an auto installer. :)

http://www.worrom.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Well.
    Taking a leaf out of 'Fr. Grigoris' book. I went out of my way to help someone today.
    Looting Cherno around the clocktower. Had a nice pack, Winchester, Revolver and ammo and supplies up to here (*points to about chin height). Some guy asks for people who have Blood-Packs in Cherno to step forward. Being a now good-samaritan I step forward and offer one of mine.
    He make the usual cautious demands, drop it here then wait there, then you can has loots. I let him know that you need someone to administer a blood pack and that quietens his cautiousness. Crawl across Cherno to find him cooped up in the General Store. Give him Morphine and a Blood-Pack. He gets up and sprints outside and I begin looting...

*Pow
    *Dead

I'm not sure what lesson to take from this....

Well.
    Taking a leaf out of 'Fr. Grigoris' book. I went out of my way to help someone today.
    Looting Cherno around the clocktower. Had a nice pack, Winchester, Revolver and ammo and supplies up to here (*points to about chin height). Some guy asks for people who have Blood-Packs in Cherno to step forward. Being a now good-samaritan I step forward and offer one of mine.
    He make the usual cautious demands, drop it here then wait there, then you can has loots. I left him know that you need someone to administer a blood pack and that quietens his cautiousness. Crawl across Cherno to find him cooped up in the General Store. Give him Morphine and a Blood-Pack. He gets up and sprints outside and I begin looting...

*Pow
    *Dead

"there's one born every minute"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Well.
    He make the usual cautious demands, drop it here then wait there, then you can has loots. I let him know that you need someone to administer a blood pack and that quietens his cautiousness. Crawl across Cherno to find him cooped up in the General Store. Give him Morphine and a Blood-Pack. He gets up and sprints outside and I begin looting...

*Pow
    *Dead

I'm learning to trust people less and less each day.

Seriously you're best only trusting either other boards members or people who you usually save when they are most vulnerable. I'v saved about 2-3 people from near death from zombies and brought them back to health (even near death) and they trust you knowing you're legit. Trust is basically earned in the game and not bought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Seriously you're best only trusting either other boards members or people who you usually save when they are most vulnerable. I'v saved about 2-3 people from near death from zombies and brought them back to health (even near death) and they trust you knowing you're legit. Trust is basically earned in the game and not bought
    Even then I wouldn't trust them not to pop you in the head once you turn around.

Steer clear of other humans is Rule1. It'll keep you alive.

KerranJast wrote: »
    Even then I wouldn't trust them not to pop you in the head once you turn around.

Steer clear of other humans is Rule1. It'll keep you alive.

That's true. Basically steer clear first, help someone later if your conscience allows then see. Sometimes it can pay off if you take the gamble and having an extra ally around helps alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Killed my first survivor today, it was very dirty business.

Basically, some lag issues on a server caused zombies to appear next to me. Ran off, logged off and logged into a US server later (had issues getting into European servers). Make my way down to the coast and spot a flare near a dock.
    My map shows someone there so I slowly make my way towards it looking for him. Then, behind I hear footsteps and whirl about, the silhouette of someone against the sky standing over me.

He's just standing there, looking down at me and I don't know if he's going to shoot me or typing on the chat. I wasn't going to give him a chance, though, so just unloaded my Winchester.
    Took his water canteen. Lost my own and I needed one and wasn't going to go back to Komarovo (having issues spawning into random locations when I join servers and yesterday spawned into the "Wilderness" to the west of Kamenka) to search for one.

After yesterday's crap I'm less inclined to trust people now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Well.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Maybe i've just been exceptionally lucky so far and no-one has double crossed me. I'm expecting it to happen eventually but i won't mind. My conscience will be clear! Someone has to try keep good human morals alive in this world so i'll keep on trucking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement