Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Lost my rifle and backpack getting out of the water after the long swim. I now have only a Markov to my name with no bullets. Not sure if this is a bug or a really stupid game design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Gaunty wrote: »
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. Maybe i've just been exceptionally lucky so far and no-one has double crossed me. I'm expecting it to happen eventually but i won't mind. My conscience will be clear! Someone has to try keep good human morals alive in this world so i'll keep on trucking!

I have also yet to be double-crossed and do my bit to help (i have a humanity of over 3000) and have been helped when near death in the past.
    I don't run into many survivors but those that I do, either offer to help or just go our different directions. This seems especially true the further you go north.
    Lost my rifle and backpack getting out of the water after the long swim. I now have only a Markov to my name with no bullets. Not sure if this is a bug or a really stupid game design.

Yeah that bug is really annoying. I used to leave all my gear on the bank before I go in... now usually just leave my alice backpack on bank and everything seems to be fine

In terms of the humanity and bandit status, is there any way of telling someones a Bandit?
    And does the indication only last for one life, thus if you met a Bandit on a new life he wouldn't show as one until he kills some survivors?.
    I have also yet to be double-crossed and do my bit to help (i have a humanity of over 3000) and have been helped when near death in the past.
    I don't run into many survivors but those that I do, either offer to help or just go our different directions. This seems especially true the further you go north.

Yeah that bug is really annoying. I used to leave all my gear on the bank before I go in... now usually just leave my alice backpack on bank and everything seems to be fine

If you see a survivor with decent kit and you have nothing then yes, they don't usually kill you.
    However if you bump into someone who has squat while you do, they tend to try kill you more often than not.

I died the last day after the latter point when I could have killed him as he came running in the open into a town I was while equipped with a sniper rifle.
    I just tried to avoid him but then crossed paths and thought he was writing in text(couldn't see usernames on the server) I replied while aiming at him being cautious.
    I then backed away out of the town facing his direction but he somehow got up the side of me and downed me, he hadn't finished me but when I came round I didn't even have a gun equipped and I was finished off.

I'm just killing any players like that anymore and not risking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

I'm dying to see the changelog for 1.5.8

In terms of the humanity and bandit status, is there any way of telling someones a Bandit?
    And does the indication only last for one life, thus if you met a Bandit on a new life he wouldn't show as one until he kills some survivors?.

In the current patch the players skin is different if they are a bandit but they are looking to change this in the 1.5.8 update so it will become harder to tell if you are a player killer or not.

If a person becomes a bandit i.e. their humanity drops to be certain point and afaik they remain a bandit till they die and their slate is wiped clean once they re-spawn.

As I said I have yet to be double-crossed or killed but once that happens my perception towards other survivors may change like yours.

• Advertisement

In the current patch the players skin is different if they are a bandit but they are looking to change this in the 1.5.8 update so it will become harder to tell if you are a player killer or not.

If a person becomes a bandit i.e. their humanity drops to be certain point and afaik they remain a bandit till they die and their slate is wiped clean once they re-spawn.

As I said I have yet to be double-crossed or killed but once that happens my perception towards other survivors may change like yours.

I think it carries, Fawkon has been bandit as long as i've been playing, respawning in the bandit skin also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Where abouts is everyone ? I'm near the Northern Airfield, but don't wanna go near it alone.

There are so many Zs its insane. I cannot get near towns at all. And cannot get any loot either. As Zs keep spawing really near me. Its very annoying !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its not a bug, you cant physically swim with a back pack and rifle. So in the game you cant physically swim with a backpack and rifle :p

I think it carries, Fawkon has been bandit as long as i've been playing, respawning in the bandit skin also.

Ah thanks for that, I didn't know it carried as I've never gone down that road. I would have thought that when you reset so does your humanity.
    Korvanica wrote: »
    Where abouts is everyone ? I'm near the Northern Airfield, but don't wanna go near it alone.

There are so many Zs its insane. I cannot get near towns at all. And cannot get any loot either. As Zs keep spawing really near me. Its very annoying !!

I logged off on a mountain overlooking Lopatino - just west of the Airfield. I tried for a few small and big towns along my way up north but there were too many Zs to get anywhere near them so just stuck to scavenging farmhouses and barns on the outskirts of the town.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its not a bug, you cant physically swim with a back pack and rifle. So in the game you cant physically swim with a backpack and rifle :p

I though I read somewhere that it was a bug... but then again it is based on ArmA 2 :)

cool, I logged off when i was 1/2 way between Lopatino and the Airfield.

Gonna be on later probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

1000 posts in and the thread still hasn't died down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

jumped about 10,000 thread views in a week too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm in the NW Airfield upstairs in one of the buildings, tooled up to the gills!

Pity the fools who enter this building unannounced :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

:D lots of swag for you! thats awesome

I'm in the NW Airfield upstairs in one of the buildings, tooled up to the gills!

Pity the fools who enter this building unannounced :D

Beware someone sneaking up the ladder outside :P A claymore might be handy!

Can someone upload the Beta file somewhere?

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_92612.zip

isnt working for me

EDIT:L Got one

theres a new one than that.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

Hey guys just letting you know am not an imposter. Having major connection problems tonight though and its kinda taking the fun out of the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how do you increase your humanity so you're not permanently in bandit mode?

and does it still count killing in self defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

how do you increase your humanity so you're not permanently in bandit mode?

and does it still count killing in self defence?

Kill other bandits or healing other players.

Killing in self defence still lowers humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Spending a ton of time in the forests also raises your humanity for some reason

Killing zombies raises it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paularius

First time i really had a chance to play the game today. Was fun. All in all i found about 9 servivors who didnt shoot just moved around each other and about 3 bandits who shoot on site.
    When it got dark me and a friend hid on a roof only to turn around and see two other people on the same roof. 30 mins later theres about 7 peeps on the roof using flares as a camp fire xD was cool. Till one got bored and decided to turn on us :/

Bit annoyed at the chat system, Theres one for talking to the whole server but whats the channel for talking to people next to you? Was told direct channel but no one could see that chat.

Also defended a friend from another servivor who was shooting at us and i got the bandit skin. After traveling with him and a fella we picked up for a while (hiding in a barn at night) my humanity slowly increased.

RE: Timing of Patch 1.5.8
    Change log so far for 100% confirmed and tested fixes:

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one
    * [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)
    * [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)
    * [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea
    * [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Damnit. Again I was killed several times by bandits tonight. Bar the first time I played the game I don't think I've died at the hand of a zed. It's been ladders and fellow players since then. I think I've got to put a boards in front of my name because meeting up with stragglers is often not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Whole load of us met up (3 to 4 initially) and went place to place around the map. Ended up on the clocktower with about 10 boardsies together all just throwing flares, killing zombies and shooting anyone who crossed us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Best quote so far for me.
    Myself and Blaa85 hanging out at a makeshift HQ and we heard someone calling out to us over direct communication. After a day of getting shot we were taking no chances.
    Player: Hello? Is anyone there? I'm friendly.
    Blaa85: Where are you? Put your gun away or point it at the ground now.
    Player: I'm just around the corner. I just wanted to let you guys know I'm friendly and I'm just passing through. I don't want any trouble.
    Me: Come any closer and we'll shoot. We won't shoot you unless you give us a reason.
    Player: Understood sir. I'll just make my way past quickly.
    Blaa85: Alright so. Best of luck.
    Player: Good luck to you to sir.
    Guy just walks past then and goes on his way. Something new amazes me everyday.

Best quote so far for me.
    Myself and Blaa85 hanging out at a makeshift HQ and we heard someone calling out to us over direct communication. After a day of getting shot we were taking no chances.
    Player: Hello? Is anyone there? I'm friendly.
    Blaa85: Where are you? Put your gun away or point it at the ground now.
    Player: I'm just around the corner. I just wanted to let you guys know I'm friendly and I'm just passing through. I don't want any trouble.
    Me: Come any closer and we'll shoot. We won't shoot you unless you give us a reason.
    Player: Understood sir. I'll just make my way past quickly.
    Blaa85: Alright so. Best of luck.
    Player: Good luck to you to sir.
    Guy just walks past then and goes on his way. Something new amazes me everyday.

Hah. That's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Sorry for blasting you in the face Jigsaw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Fawkon wrote: »
    Sorry for blasting you in the face Jigsaw...

That was hilarious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement