Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You need blood another player must give you a transfusion.
    Eating helps but blood is better.

Thats not your bag at the bottom thats for certain items like watch map compass etc:

Click on your bag and click open bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

The 11 empty slots at the bottom are for things like hunting knife, matches, map, compass, watch etc. They can't be filled by other items. To access your bag double click on it or click on it once and the option open bag will appear at the bottom of the screen.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=785 will explain everything to you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

There are few of us on or trying to get onto SE04

Also about 7 of us on Mumble :)

I got on earlier but trying to relogin I got the forest loading screen twice... I'll try again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Let me tell you a tale friends...

Myself and a friend decided to meet up about this time last week. There was much difficulty, it was night and I was low on flares and chemlights, had no compass so we tried to figure out which way I should run.

Long story short I died but respawned at Elektro. Left east towards him and met up at Drakon. There he gave me some supplies - an M1911, ammo and a flashlight.
    We headed into Elektro. Slowly, crouched and sometimes prone we navigated towards the church finding four zombified nuns. Thinking the better of tackling them we headed off. Being more familiar with the area he took the lead and lead us to a small grocery store, chock full of supplies.
    An Alice pack, medical supplies, food, water, hunting knife, matches, compass... I picked up quite a bit there. Not just that, though but two dead bandits and a dead survivor. This was only the beginning.

From there it was on to the eastern fire station of Elektro. Crawling towards it, under a hole in the wall, we snuck in and rounded into the main entrance.
    There we found five dead bandits and four dead survivors, the sound of flies filling the air. The bodies were picked somewhat, a few basic supplies left. The tower of the station had some extras, a Beretta (or something like it) that sniper rifle that's considered the loudest and more general supplies. And a PDW, which my friend took as I still had plenty of ammo for my Winchester.

Heartened by our victory we headed to the north of the town and then west. There's a small house up there, a zombie was shuffling about but we avoided it. From there, we made our way down to the second fire station. Another PDW lay within, as well as an AKM - given to me as he had a shotgun - but while our victories were many now, it'd only lead to disaster.
    Before making off from the station we spotted a bandit being chased by zombies, later found dead. Good enough for the bastard, really.

Not knowing what else to do we made our way out to the dam, my friend having a map and navigating for us. Along the way he discarded his shotgun for a better one with an attached flashlight.
    Diverting from the dam, we decided to take off to the castle, Rog. There we logged off and my goddamned nightmare began.

After the latest patch I spawned in at a random location. Trying to make my way around I was met with one of the new zombie hordes and was badly injured. Fleeing to a nearby hill I found a cow and, with the matches and hunting knife from earlier, killed, gutted it and ate the meat to replenish my blood.
    Then, today, I made my way west, towards Chernogorsk. Found a lamb along the way, got some more meat but avoided the many zombies along the way, keeping to the tree line.
    Finally, at the city outskirts, I was attacked one last time by zombies but with the meat stored up was able to heal myself. My ammo was dangerously low at this point - one magazine for my PDW and nothing for the AKM.

Reduced to mostly crawling to avoid zombies, I slowly wound through the town, looking for shops, cafés... Anything at all that might offer supplies. It was slow going with slim pickings.
    And then - I was mistakenly attacked by a survivor as I crawled by some zombies attacking him.
    With no meat left I was injured but alive, at least. Going from building to building I searched until finding a Winchester and a cache of ammo, food and some drinks.

But this, my friends, is where my tale comes to its end. Deciding to high-tail it out of the town, I made a break for the edge, stopping to examine some bodies. As I did so, a shot rang out from one side.
    I was frantic, low health and worried about bandits. Another one closer and across from me. I raised my weapon, now in a stand-off with another survivor. Realising he'd been shooting - and most likely at me - I took a shot, only for his shotgun to finish me in one blow.

So there it is - from Elektro, to Rog to somewhere near Cap Golova, to Chernogorsk.

Stay safe, my friends and may your adventures fare better than my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

RE: 1.5.8 this weekend? Respawns of zombies adjusted
    New equipment interaction system from gear menu
    Maybe more. Won't be patched now (its peak time, 5.5k concurrent), once it dips down.

New patch, possibly tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Paularius

Just installed this game last night. Started around 2am but found alot of the servers were night time. Even ones in america.

I've read all the posts here and was wondering was there any more news on setting up a dublin server? I heard your not allowed put passwords on it but does anyone know what the fallout is for having a password on your server?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Getting an Irish Server going if you want to contribute see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056645423 the DayZ admins are working on making reserved spots available so obviously once they do that those who have paid will get those slots.

Has it really gotten so bad in game that people just shoot other servivors on sight before even making sure there friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Paularius wrote: »
    Has it really gotten so bad in game that people just shoot other servivors on sight before even making sure there friendly?

Don't think so. In fact, myself and another survivor performed impromptu blood transfusion on each other just a while ago.

Of course, then soon after I ended up in an ancient fortress where I slipped and, as on the ground unconcious, a bandit shot me. ;(

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Randomers seem friendly enough from what I've seen too. Was walking along the coast earlier and swam out a small bit to avoid a group of zombies. When I looked back there were two players standing there with rifles trained at me. I was convinced they were going to pick me off but as it turns out they were clearing out the group near me so it worked out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Its a harsh world out there. I meet up with people I know and we all agree to a shoot on sight rule. If we're not expecting a friendly to meet up with us, anyone we see gets shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

What servers are people on at the moment? Having a **** of a time getting into any right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Anyone else pretty annoyed by the fact that the noobs in this game are INCREDIBLY noobish.

I was camped out on top of a building with my CZ in Cherno for the last few days, watching the usual hilarious goings on at night. I throw up some flares and watch people roam around and greet people I see. About 25% of the time people actually acknowledge my greets on the chatbox... I even call them by name, *where available* and about a quarter of the time they respond! :-/

Also the constant "how do I jump over a fence/how do I bandage/" etc etc Jesus, try out the Boot Camp tutorials first of all, especially before playing the damn thing online! Dont get me wrong, I'm all for helping people out and so on but this stuff is pretty elementary

Saying all that though, some of the stuff that happens at night is just downright hilarious! Like last night, camped on top of that building, I watched some guy super cautiously roaming around with a flashlight. At one instance it was a nice calm walk, checking out his surroundings, then BAM! panic mode followed by the silhouettes of maybe 10 zombies chasing the poor lad down LOL! I totally broke my **** laughing at that situation!

Is there a holster button? Couldnt find one on the commands list. Maybe a good sign of showing peeps your friendly xD

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Damn this game. Just been through Zub castle, am armed to the teeth with winchester, cz, m1911 and all the ammo and food i can carry, map, bino's, compass, knife and matches... now i dont wanna go near a town incase some nub gets a lucky shot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Has anybody here decided to give the night time servers a go?

Personally, I find it a lot more tense and atmospheric when sneaking around the towns and villages accompanied only by a dull blue chemlight!

Is there a holster button? Couldnt find one on the commands list. Maybe a good sign of showing peeps your friendly xD

My arse am i saluting anyone, animation is tome consuming and quite easy to get shot in the face doing it.

Playing earlier and 2 lads approached me with handguns I had an AK, they went prone and we had a mexican stand off. I circled them all the time covering them, when one of them fired 100% sure he didnt mean too. 10 AK bullets later and im looting their bodies, all the while the poor lad is saying sorry he panicked. Never ever bring a Makarov to an AK fight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

A lot will just shoot on sight anyway.

On one ocassion, after having saved two survivors from a horde of zombies, I was thanked with a bullet to the head.

Shoot on sight is an attractive and practical policy, but I find lone-wolfing to be slightly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Has anybody here decided to give the night time servers a go?

Personally, I find it a lot more tense and atmospheric when sneaking around the towns and villages accompanied only by a dull blue chemlight!

Ive played night a few times with Fawkon. Fun moving around the cities, and seeing islands of red flares. Also fun mind ****ing people :D Tho its mostly fawk, given my squeeky clean 2770 humanity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

I'll be on after the footy. hope to meet up with some of you's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

dreamers75 wrote: »

My arse am i saluting anyone, animation is tome consuming and quite easy to get shot in the face doing it.

I started doing that for a while but I quit when I got shot lol

I tend to avoid folks nowadays.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78773412#post78773412

Boards server up awaiting Dayz files from Dev team, but its joinable and YOU NEED THE BETA!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

So, I guess it was time for the devs to support another community project and Marek Španěl has stated himself Dayz will be included into Arma 2 with the next patch, being patch 1.61!

"....Bohemia Interactive has always tried to help community mod makers in many different ways and Day Z mod is no different", he says. "We're more than happy to assist DayZ in any suitable way and considering the mod's popularity we are committed to do some related work in the next Arma 2 update (1.61)."

Dunno if this has been mentioned already (too lazy to go sifting through the thread) but just saw this on Armaholic.

I've noticed too that this game seems like Chernarus Life: you can trust/betray other players. One time in Chernarus Life me and my gang were robbing a bank and they shot me in the leg and left me for dead as cop bait! (One team are cops, other team are civs- you can get money legally or illegally and the cop team are constantly going around looking for criminals. Only problem is that it isn't persistent-whenever the server goes down, all progress i.e money is lost and the server is hacked a lot) They then all legged it and got away with millions.

Got my revenge the next game when I was flying that gang's helicopter to a bank. They thought I forgot what happened last game but I didn't ^^ Crashed it into the grain silo in Cherno- everyone died including me but it was soo worth it hehe

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been mentioned already (too lazy to go sifting through the thread) but just saw this on Armaholic.

thats a misprint, Dayz has issues with the arma engine that will be accomdated in the next patch.

They are helping with several issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Can't believe they're still releasing patches for a game thats over 3 years old now.

Go Bohemia!

waveform wrote: »
    Can't believe they're still releasing patches for a game thats over 3 years old now.

Go Bohemia!

577 patches for this game if your on the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Is there a way to find the name of the bandit who kills you? I really love to just go on a revenge mission

Is there a way to find the name of the bandit who kills you? I really love to just go on a revenge mission

Nope i find shooting the next guy you see as revenge enough :D

Altho this one time i managed to spawn close to my death and got the **** as he was still looting my body .....Murphy his name was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nope i find shooting the next guy you see as revenge enough :D

Altho this one time i managed to spawn close to my death and got the **** as he was still looting my body .....Murphy his name was :D

Murphy! :D

I had just found a map an all for the first time, depressing.

Edit: How do you add a clan tag to your name? Can't seem to find an answer to this one (Very new to arma)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Murphy! :D

I had just found a map an all for the first time, depressing.

Edit: How do you add a clan tag to your name? Can't seem to find an answer to this one (Very new to arma)

On the main menu > Profiles I just edited my name to have [Boards] in front of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement