Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Can you post the Mumble info?

Does no one check the group pages? :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1337

Label: boards.ie tactical shooter
    Address: ireland.clanwarz.com
    Port: 64739
    Username: [insert own username here]
    Password: shooter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Does no one check the group pages? :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1337

Label: boards.ie tactical shooter
    Address: ireland.clanwarz.com
    Port: 64739
    Username: [insert own username here]
    Password: shooter

I checked it alright.

It's just the fact that I get the error "Remote host closed the connection" :pac:

I'll give it another go and see what happens. At the moment it's on a constant loop of connecting and disconneting.

Probably tell I've never used Mumble before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Ah I only actually used it for the first time tonight.

Make sure the details are exactly the same.... prob best to copy and paste the details

Once it's open:

Click Server -> Connect then Add New.... and enter the details above.

The server should then show in the list... now just connect to that and enter the password provided

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Finally have it working now trying to get into a server is a nightmare. When i launch i get an error "Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'dayz_equip'. Anyone ever get this error before? Thanks for all the help slowly getting there!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Finally have it working now trying to get into a server is a nightmare. When i launch i get an error "Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'dayz_equip'. Anyone ever get this error before? Thanks for all the help slowly getting there!

Sounds like you have the mod folders mixed up.

All files should be inside @days/addons/ <<< should be PBOs and BISIGN files in here. Any other structure wont work.

For mumble cos yitsack has a certificate set you have to type the name exactly as its shown. its like registering, mumble makes a key for you and if you reinstall windows and dont save that key you can never use that username again on the server.

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    Wait til you play Arma II + OA vanilla and see how much it's like Battlefield 3, but with far more to offer! ;)

Sshhhhh we suck em in then BLAM A10!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gang of us in virginia 08.

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed
    As the title said, the Bandit/Survivor morphing will be removed. You will find skins around the world, that you can wear if you choose. Humanity will be retained for an undisclosed purpose.

Because humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll remove bandit transitions, because its not helping. Because its not a good feature. Humanity remains as a silent guardian, watchful protector. An ... unfinished feature.

Please abuse/fanboy below so I can feast on your delicious tears...

i like :D

too drunk to play tonight, should be on morrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Had the best craic tonight.
    Started off a little rough with the all the server problems so the other 3 lads i play with got fed up and logged.

Eventually i found a stable server and decided i was gonna go do our original plan of raiding the NW airfield by myself. So i made the trek from where we had based ouselves for the day to the airfield having never been that far north before i was a bit wary of bandits more than anything.
    Made my way onto the runway and started working my way through the hangers using only my makarov to pop the zeds. I had a cz 550 with me but only 5 rounds for it so didnt wanna waste them on zeds :).

Second hanger i go into I find an aks with 4 clips JACKPOT. Start using it to clear my way down the runway, putting the rest of the walkers down with max 2 shots, felt like i was a god after the makarov.
    2 hangers later i find another aks but this one has a holo sight on it JACKPOT AGAIN also 3 more clips. If i thought just a normal aks was easy mode this thing just headshots them with ease and i start clearing the entire runway down to the firestation and control tower. Didnt find anything else really of note unfortunately but i was already alot better equipped than when i arrived.

Started getting a bit paranoid about bandits so decided to stop at the control tower and make my way back down south.
    After hearing of what id found two of the lads on TS, one pretty drunk, logged back in and were whining for me to bring them up there (none of the guys i play with can read a map at all) so i had to go find them and guide them back *le sigh*.

Anyway on the way back down south i walk over the crest of a hill and sitting in front of me smack bang in the middle of nowhere is a huey,id been watching the youtube vid of the huey bandit raids earlier so i immediately go prone looking out for bandits thinking they are just landed and gonna gun me down, till i take a better look at it and realise its pretty wrecked. So i start planning how we can repair it and realise theres a petrol station pretty close.

Unfortunately it was around then the server started lagging out really badly so i logged and we tried another server and left the huey behind but my heart was still thumping from finding my first heli and the ideas i had formed for shenanigans we could get up to

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

+1 i'm the drunk in the story :) great craic..... fyi.. I log in behind some dude camping the airfield with a .50 cal..lol 5 feet from the bro. Pop 2 caps in him and loot the mofo... map... hunting knife.. matches .. new pistol and **** load of goodies.. its a good night... Char + 36hrs old.... great find +1 Vin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

This should be familiar to anyone from the group of about 8 on Virginia last night.

We all got together on a mountain and after a rocky start made some **** happen, Cherno didn't know what hit it.

Also, we may have got sidetracked. Check it out.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone on this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Was on virginia 08 meself last night but hadnt a clue where i was going. Could hear everyone saying they were in cherno but had no clue how to get there is there any method yous all use to find your way around and know what direction your heading in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Should be on for a game later on myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

This should be familiar to anyone from the group of about 8 on Virginia last night.

We all got together on a mountain and after a rocky start made some **** happen, Cherno didn't know what hit it.

Also, we may have got sidetracked. Check it out.

:pac:

War is hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

IgsTer wrote: »
    Was on virginia 08 meself last night but hadnt a clue where i was going. Could hear everyone saying they were in cherno but had no clue how to get there is there any method yous all use to find your way around and know what direction your heading in?

Ever do orienteering as a kid? When you login it will give you a location in the bottom right hand corner of your screen from that use a map like this http://avidblur.com/arma2/nolegend.html and by checking out buildings, roads and other landmarks you should be able to figure out where you are exactly

The server Multiplay DE #01 is dark right now, could be a good server to move to once night falls in other EU servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Are people using FRAPs to record their videos? Iv tried using FRAPs before but usually a 6 minute video is like huge file size something like 3-10GB's. Is this always the case with recording videos until you format them to a smaller size?

Are people using FRAPs to record their videos? Iv tried using FRAPs before but usually a 6 minute video is like huge file size something like 3-10GB's. Is this always the case with recording videos until you format them to a smaller size?

More or less yeah, the raw footage is pretty heavy. Flyingirishman was doing massive quantities at a time 100,200,300gigs, i'd imagine Mitchkoobski's is the same. I havn't got the patience to let that kind of thing render :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Same as but got the map and had it on my 2nd monitor trying to recognise structures. Finally copped I was near Tulga by the islands on the south east coast. Was nearly at Cherno when the server crashed so called it a night as I was wrecked, good session though and will be back for more!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ever do orienteering as a kid? When you login it will give you a location in the bottom right hand corner of your screen from that use a map like this http://avidblur.com/arma2/nolegend.html and by checking out buildings, roads and other landmarks you should be able to figure out where you are exactly

Cheers for that mate never knew any location info came up on screen when you spawned ill keep an eye out for that next time. Have used maps a bit before but could still never judge where i was cause of the lenght of the coast hopefully should have more luck tonight :)

Also lads use MSI Afterburner for recording. Quality is near identical to fraps yet at a fraction of the disk space and also has no were near as much impact on your gameplay fps while recording. oh and its free :)

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

If you're really stuck you can get rough bearings from the sun/shadows direction. This got me from the sticks to the NW Airfield, exactly where I was wanting to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Couldn't agree more on MSI Afterburner. Used it yesterday after Fraps just stopped working and it's much better all round.

Had some bad lag on the games last night, managed to get a tonne of equipment but got caught by z's on my way to Cherno. Hopefully I'll fare a little better today!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just had my first run in with a Bandit when i was on my own. Just respawned outside Elektro after dying last night, and went looking for loot. Got to the firestation (i think) and saw a bandit looting a corpse. He shot at me, i ran around the corner and waited for him to chase. Only took 4 bullets in the chest to kill him and he had a ton of loot. 7 makarov mags, 2 bloodpacks, Alice pack, and loads of other stuff. Not bad considering i've only been alive for 5 minutes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I'm trying to give myself a goal for the game. Right now i'm just basing myself out of the church in Cherno and pretending to be a priest looking after his 'flock' (Shameless rip off of Grigori in Half life 2) I give supplies and aid to anyone in Cherno that needs it but i've been attacked in my holy sanctuary more than once by bandits. Luckily it's an easy place to defend and any bandits who come through the door get a winchester slug to the head. I can hold it almost indefinitely against zombies as they slow down when entering and it's a big place with lots of obstacles in the way.

However i'm starting to think a little larger. I was reading a topic on Reddit about creating a safe haven for survivors. I was thinking of maybe clearing out the castle or trying to find a compound someplace that can be made secure. Advertise it as a trading post and medical center. A few armed guards making sure it's safe from bandits. Send out patrols into the city to get supplies and blood packs for those who need it. See if we can locate some sandbags and razor wire from the military bases. Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing? I'm just getting a little lost just doing the same old thing. Would like a grander aim!

Gaunty wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing? I'm just getting a little lost just doing the same old thing. Would like a grander aim!

I love this idea, maybe if a Boards server goes up that might be the place to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I logged out last night stuck up an observation tower in the cherno industrial zone.

No ammo, 3 zombies fast figuring out how stairs work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Anyone had luck getting into a game today? I'm presuming the central server(s) are being hammered.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

I just joined SE2 right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Finally got in! First session I've had where I actually logged out rather than got killed. Went into Cherno finding it relatively quiet; managed to pick up an Alice backpack (with 20 slots, so can finally lug a decent bit of equipment around) and a Winchester, among other things. Climbed to the top of a chimney to get my bearings and, looking at my map, decided to head inland north via Nadezhdino, on a whim.

I'm still unsure of certain mechanics:

1. I was attacked, and my "blood" icon turned red and flashed white cross. So I bandaged. Now it's merely red. How do I get it back to green?
    2. How do I swap items from my inventory to my backpack? I'm confused about this, and also why my backpack appears to have empty "slots" I can't use (see the 11 empty slots at the bottom of this):

arma2oa2012051915482843.th.png

P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement