Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley

Options
  • 14-05-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Has Bradley had a proper chin test does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭megadodge

I reckon this is a very difficult fight for Pacquiao.

Bradley has an excellent chin. Holt floored him twice with huge connections as Bradley was throwing his own punches but he got up quickly as if nothing happened.

He is a very busy boxer, with good skill, good defense, strong physically and a serious engine.

This is no gimme and I just might put a few bob on the outsider here.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Henno30 wrote: »
    Has Bradley had a proper chin test does anyone know?

Not many fighters that'd get up from that shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

If Bradley wins I suspect Floyd will be next...if Manny wins Floyd will make more excuses.

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Bradley seems confident. Manny seems as relaxed as ever. Always surprises me how calm he is even walking into the ring smiling away. I've said before I'll be backing Bradley at the prices. I think Manny has gradually been slowing down and Bradley is a good test. To be honest I hope I'm wrong and would be happier to see Manny come out and dominate Bradley before knocking him out. Boxing needs its superstars to do well. I hope Manny's last few uninspiring performances were down to poor preparation and not a deterioration in his skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,027 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If Bradley wins I suspect Floyd will be next...if Manny wins Floyd will make more excuses.

Yes, but if Pac loses the "hype" fight will have really lost its zing. Already it is a good bit stale. Should Manny lose it will be mouldy!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Bradley seems confident. Manny seems as relaxed as ever. Always surprises me how calm he is even walking into the ring smiling away. I've said before I'll be backing Bradley at the prices. I think Manny has gradually been slowing down and Bradley is a good test. To be honest I hope I'm wrong and would be happier to see Manny come out and dominate Bradley before knocking him out. Boxing needs its superstars to do well. I hope Manny's last few uninspiring performances were down to poor preparation and not a deterioration in his skills.

He's lost a small bit maybe, but I think those poor performances were more down to taking it easy on Mosley, i.e. not having a real desire to hurt him, and then coming up against a more skillful boxer and better thinker in the ring in the form of JMM. Bradley is a tough, tough guy. Very mentally strong with decent speed, if not power, and a good skillset. I think Pacquiao will have enough for him though. Expecting a comfortable enough UD win or late stoppage.

He's lost a small bit maybe, but I think those poor performances were more down to taking it easy on Mosley, i.e. not having a real desire to hurt him, and then coming up against a more skillful boxer and better thinker in the ring in the form of JMM. Bradley is a tough, tough guy. Very mentally strong with decent speed, if not power, and a good skillset. I think Pacquiao will have enough for him though. Expecting a comfortable enough UD win or late stoppage.

Maybe you're right about him not wanting to hurt Mosley but I think he looked a bit clueless at times. Mosley simply came to survive and it was disappointing to see Manny struggle to unlock that particular puzzle. Its not that he didn't stop Shane that was disappointing as nobody does. But Mosley simply stepped out of range time and time again and Manny didn't know what to do.

I think its easy now for people to say Marquez just has Manny's number and he'll always struggle with him. Before that fight a lot of people including myself worried for Marquez's health. This was mainly down to the weight. Manny has shown he is comfortable at WW fighting and beating some quality operators. Marquez is in no way a WW. He struggled big time with the extra weight against PBF and the higher up in weights he goes the more vulnerable he looks. Marquez is my favourite active boxer but i thought he'd be KO'd. The fact he put on such a great showing is a testament to his skills but can be more attributed to Manny slowing down imo.

Manny also seemed to be hit a lot more than usual against a slow and over the hill Margarito. As I said I hope its just been poor preparation on his part but I think he is visibly slowing down. Freddie Roach has said the poor Marquez fight was down to poor preparation which I hope is true. I guess this fight will tell all.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DiscoHugh

at 9/2 I'm putting a cheeky 20 on Bradley. IMO Pacquiao lost his last fight by a considerable distance and looked awful against Mosely.

That means he hasn't had a good showing in nearly 2 years. Bradley is a tough, young, smart boxer and unfortunately I think Manny is on the slide. He's provided me so much entertainment over the years that I love the guy but I'm still pretty bitter about the JMM robbery and the excuses, denials etc. that followed.

Unless Pacquiao has declined even further, I don't see Bradley beating him. The Pac that beat Cotto would certainly stop him. Bradley is tough and aggressive, if Pacquiao still has it I think he'll capitalise on that aggression and put on a show.

• Advertisement

The Pacquaio that beat Cotto hasn't been seen since though. Understandably its hard to look impressive against big tough durable guys like Clottey and Margarito. But I'd be a bit worried about how he dealt with Mosley and Marquez this time around for the reasons I stated above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Manny wasn't that bad against Mosley, Mosley refused to fight and Manny kinda let him off the hook. He didn't really lack any ability in that fight more so a killer instinct.

He was outsmarted by Marquez, but they've always had trouble with each other.

This Bradley fight will tell a lot about how much Manny's lost...

The Pacquaio that beat Cotto hasn't been seen since though. Understandably its hard to look impressive against big tough durable guys like Clottey and Margarito. But I'd be a bit worried about how he dealt with Mosley and Marquez this time around for the reasons I stated above.

He looked damn impressive vs. Clottey and Marg. Completely shut them out and was firing shots all night. Both dummies, though!

walshb wrote: »
    He looked damn impressive vs. Clottey and Marg. Completely shut them out and was firing shots all night. Both dummies, though!

Even though he dominated Marg he still got hit an awful lot more than usual. I think hes definitely slowed down. In a way I hope I'm wrong and he puts on a show against Bradley. I just cant shake this niggly feeling I have that hes gonna get beat.

Even though he dominated Marg he still got hit an awful lot more than usual. I think hes definitely slowed down. In a way I hope I'm wrong and he puts on a show against Bradley. I just cant shake this niggly feeling I have that hes gonna get beat.

Yes, but he engaged a lot vs. Margaritio, who as you say, is much bigger. He was bound to score on the smaller Manny. Manny was ultra fast and powerful and had a lot of fire that night and the night vs. Clottey. He looked a wee bit more sluggish and heavy on the legs vs. Mosley.

If Bradley wins then Floyd should feel like a right f%*&in' sissy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

You really don't get that Floyd does not fear Manny-Why do you keep spouting that, the last concrete offer of this fight was for May the 5th and Manny's camp turned it down and the excuse was pathetic-That the stadium was too small!! that is not even where the money is at for this fight-Thats peanuts compared to the PPV and Advertising this event would secure.

Floyd will simply fight Bradley if Bradley win's, no big deal-that is how Boxing works, Manny IS coming off a loss anyway (he is in the real world) so should not even be considered for the fight untill he get's back into winning form.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Yes, but he engaged a lot vs. Margaritio, who as you say, is much bigger. He was bound to score on the smaller Manny. Manny was ultra fast and powerful and had a lot of fire that night and the night vs. Clottey. He looked a wee bit more sluggish and heavy on the legs vs. Mosley.

Spot on. I know people say he just went easy on Mosley but I think you're right that he looked sluggish. He struggled more than I thought he ever would in Marquez 3 also. This was the fight I thought he'd put the series to bed and leave no question marks. I'm looking forward to this one if Manny beats Bradley impressively he'll deserve a lot of credit. I get the impression Tim's not just turning up for the pay day.

cowzerp wrote: »
    You really don't get that Floyd does not fear Manny-Why do you keep spouting that, the last concrete offer of this fight was for May the 5th and Manny's camp turned it down and the excuse was pathetic-That the stadium was too small!! that is not even where the money is at for this fight-Thats peanuts compared to the PPV and Advertising this event would secure.

The stadium thing was one issue. The tests were still required by Floyd, and Floyd won't split 50/50. So, those two demands were still there. BTW, it may seem I am anti Floyd. Not at all. I am very frustrated with him. I was so looking forward to Floyd putting on a show vs. Manny, and showing us his ultimate skills. That is why I was quoting Larry and Barry who both feel that Floyd should take the fight, with the official boxing dope tests, beat Manny and move on.

BTW, I hope to god Bradley doesn't upset Manny. Bradley is horrible to watch, and really, I cannot see Floyd at all bother with a Bradley fight. Cannot at all see that as a seller. Kahn and Floyd would sell a whole lot more.

Spot on. I know people say he just went easy on Mosley but I think you're right that he looked sluggish. He struggled more than I thought he ever would in Marquez 3 also. This was the fight I thought he'd put the series to bed and leave no question marks. I'm looking forward to this one if Manny beats Bradley impressively he'll deserve a lot of credit. I get the impression Tim's not just turning up for the pay day.

Maybe my eyes were deceiving me but I also thought Manny looked heavier in the ring vs. Mosley and JMM. Bloated almost. Vs. Cotto and Clottey and Margarito he looked a wee bit lighre, more ripped and just all around sharper.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 iLost

cowzerp wrote: »
    Manny IS coming off a loss anyway
    (he is in the real world)

Real world? lol

In the ''real world'' Manny is coming off a WIN (check boxrec)
    In your ''fantasy world'' he is coming off a loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

give it a rest.

pacquaio is coming off a loss.

floyd still looks phenomenal and on top of his game.

Floyd would school pacuiao.

I hold no shroud covering my admiration for mayweather, the least you could do is admit you are a pacquiao fanboy blinded by bias, the same bias you claim mayweather fans have, the difference being none of mayweather's fans are so ignorant in their posts.

floyd would school pacquaio.

bob arum is the reason this fight isn't happening.

floyd answers to no one. manny answers to bob.

do you honestly think a guy who has beaten 43 opponents and never lost is scared of manny pacquaio.

Floyd has faced tougher opponents than pacquaio in his career that is certain.

If you think he's scared of losing I can tell you the pacquaio fight prevents little risk for him; other fights represented far greater risk - de la hoya and castillo spring to mind.

Appears like andre berto has been caught by VADA.

Only adds more credence to Floyd's calls for olympic style drug testing.

insanity50 wrote: »
    Appears like andre berto has been caught by VADA.

Only adds more credence to Floyd's calls for olympic style drug testing.

OSDT won't do much good. Conte himself says that. Not much use in testing for 8 weeks before a fight when the guy could have spent the previous six months using testosterone.

If Floyd really wants to clean up the sport, he and the other big earners have to put their money where their mouth is. 1% of their purse from big fights would finance the comprehensive testing program that's needed. If Floyd actually wants it, then he could make it happen.

Floyd is far from above suspicion anyway. Peterson called for testing. Berto voiced suspicions about Ortiz being juiced. Looks like being vocal about it means absolutely nothing.

Hell, Floyd is the one who always has stamina to burn for the last third of every fight, in a sport where it now seems that juicing is rampant. Why? Because he's the "hardest working guy in boxing"? You'd have to be 12 years old to be satisfied with that. It sounds a lot like Lance Armstrong's crap. Cruising up hills ahead of guys who were juicing, and yet he's the only one that's clean? Give me a break.

OSDT won't do much good. Conte himself says that. Not much use in testing for 8 weeks before a fight when the guy could have spent the previous six months using testosterone.

If Floyd really wants to clean up the sport, he and the other big earners have to put their money where their mouth is. 1% of their purse from big fights would finance the comprehensive testing program that's needed. If Floyd actually wants it, then he could make it happen.

Floyd is far from above suspicion anyway. Peterson called for testing. Berto voiced suspicions about Ortiz being juiced. Looks like being vocal about it means absolutely nothing.

Hell, Floyd is the one who always has stamina to burn for the last third of every fight, in a sport where it now seems that juicing is rampant. Why? Because he's the "hardest working guy in boxing"? You'd have to be 12 years old to be satisfied with that. It sounds a lot like Lance Armstrong's crap. Cruising up hills ahead of guys who were juicing, and yet he's the only one that's clean? Give me a break.

Lol. Stop trolling.

This is the silliest post I've ever seen in my life.

Floyd is an animal in the gym. He'd be the one guy who I would bet my money on would never ever piss hot. He takes amazing care of his body.

Lol. Stop trolling.

This is the silliest post I've ever seen in my life.

Floyd is an animal in the gym. He'd be the one guy who I would bet my money on would never ever piss hot. He takes amazing care of his body.

You believe in santa claus too? Of course he's an animal in the gym. He's probably juiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 iLost

That is not certain, that is actually laughable!

Pacquiao's resume and quality of opponents is vastly superior to Mayweather's.
    And when you take into account Pacquiao was an underdog in most of his big wins, his resume looks even better!

Pacquiao fought and beat prime Barrera/Morales/Marquez.
    Those three names alone, gives Pacquiao the edge over Mayweather.

Don't forget about Mayweather's biggest wins,
    De La Hoya/Hatton/Cotto/Mosley
    Pacquiao beat them all in much more impressive fashion.

If you say, Mayweather fought De La Hoya/Hattton first,
    Well, Pacquiao was first to beat Cotto/Marquez and beat Margarito,
    (who Mayweather ducked for years!)

Who are Mayweather's tougher opponents?
    Judah, Castillo, Baldomir? are you serious right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

give it a rest.

pacquaio is coming off a loss.

floyd still looks phenomenal and on top of his game.

Floyd would school pacuiao.

I hold no shroud covering my admiration for mayweather, the least you could do is admit you are a pacquiao fanboy blinded by bias, the same bias you claim mayweather fans have, the difference being none of mayweather's fans are so ignorant in their posts.

floyd would school pacquaio.

bob arum is the reason this fight isn't happening.

floyd answers to no one. manny answers to bob.

do you honestly think a guy who has beaten 43 opponents and never lost is scared of manny pacquaio.

If you think he's scared of losing I can tell you the pacquaio fight prevents little risk for him; other fights represented far greater risk - de la hoya and castillo spring to mind.

Stop embarrassing yourself. I'm actually cringing reading all of your posts, horsemeat. You have an unhealthy obsession.

moneyman wrote: »
    Stop embarrassing yourself. I'm actually cringing reading all of your posts, horsemeat. You have an unhealthy obsession.

Seriously get a life for yourselves the pair of you.

Stop stalking my posts, that's just creepy.

I've put forward my opinion, I'm entitled to it, I don't see anyone bar Brenda putting forward any counter opinions. All I've received are personal abuse and false accusations. I can assure you I am not horsemeat, the moderators of the forum will verify this if they check my IP address.

You're nothing but a pacquaio fanboy if you think he is the most difficult opponent floyd has been presented with.

You obviously started watching boxing in the year 2010, am I correct?

You believe in santa claus too? Of course he's an animal in the gym. He's probably juiced.

There was a warning recently given by the moderator to stop accusing fighters of being on steroids, it's libelous.

Post reported.

• Advertisement

Jesus.
    Shocking post.
    Not sure if serious.
    Walshb's posts regarding your obsession with Mayweather ''fearing'' Manny have reached an all time low.
    I'd like you to put forward some evidence to back up this claim please.
    I've already stated on about three occasions why it's obvious he doesn't fear him. please back up your opinion or else stop spouting this nonsense.

Advertisement